MtG

This card should have been either mono-B or BG.

Fucking fight me.

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=378471&type=card
youtu.be/J0mQxidle4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>pay 4 mana to fucking loot
>GOD

>BG, hasty flying tokens
> B paying mana but not life to loot
get rekt

But Black Green gets all the best legendary creatures

the only non-UR thing about is the fact it creates insect tokens

i swear, people who treat the color pie as a strict ruleset instead of a guideline are the worst autists

in terms of flavour yes, a giant locust god is totally B or B/G

IN terms of the card's mechanic...
eh...

Not too much

Mysterious Ways, user

Corrupted God that has been locked away for who knows how long.

So is Nissa going to be the only Gatewatch member to pull through?
>Jace getting literally mindfucked
>Lilliana getting the shock of her life
>Chandra finds something she can't kill with a fireball
>Gideon's waifu confirmed beaten, likely by BIG MINOTAUR COCK

well if so nissa now has yet another plane to look after and help become whole again

Indeed. The God is fine and I will abuse the shit out of him and his Insect swarm. People complain too much.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Bolas will steal the spark from a couple of GW members. My guess is that Jace PWs out in a traumatised hurry and goes to Ixalan, prompting Ajani to go find his stupid blue ass.

Would it have made you happy if the God itself stayed UR since it's not technically an insect and the tokens it created were G?

Yeah that locust is just auch.

And I think the most of the gatewhach is gointo be knocth out for some time either Ajani pailthem out or they do hard retreat by the help of the new gruul colored paneswalker.

What the fuck happened to your english

>pay 2RU to loot AND get a 1/1 flying creature with haste

It's a pretty decent cost.

If this guy had Flash he would be pretty fucking strong. As is, I'll have fun with him playing EDH.

>the only non-UR thing about is the fact it creates insect tokens

So we're just going to ignore the multiple red insects throughout Magic's history, and Delver of Secrets?

Nissa gets tentacle raped.

gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=378471&type=card 2 cost for 1/1 fly/haste
2 cost loot...
what is too much???

And even then, there are still R and U insects. The creature type is irrelevant; it could make bird tokens or pig tokens or angry vagina tokens and achieve the exact same goal.

I really like it. I'm already retooling my Niv-Mizzet deck so I can use Locust God as my new commander.

>"Wait who the fuck are you, you aren't Garruk." - Nicol Bolas

>The Thunder God
>Whenever you draw a card, create a 1/1 blue and red Elemental creature token with flying and haste
Are you happy now?

>I really like it. I'm already retooling my Niv-Mizzet deck so I can use Locust God as my new commander.
Why not both? Niv+Curiosity+Locust = Deal X damage divided between any number of creatures or players, draw X cards, produce X 1/1 flying haste tokens. Yes, christmasland, but damn would that be fun to pull off at least once.

Well, Locust will be the commander, Niv-Mizzet will be in the 99. Even if I don't end up liking Locust, he still deserves a slot if I switch back to Niv.

A Jace planeswalker has already been pretty much confirmed for Ixilan through all those spoilers. Probably planeswalks just in time and washes up on the shores of
>YARGH WALK THE PLANK SHIVER ME TIMBERS THAR BE DINOSAURS ON THE POOP DECK HELP US BLUE MAN OR THAR BE A COLD WATERY GRAVE WAITING FER YA

Also, remember that all three corrupted god cards will probably trigger off of each other if you have all three. So spending that 4 once, will yield a hell of a lot more

Both blue and red can generate tokens though.
I will freely admit that Green and White do it best and most often, but its not at all unusual for UR

So we have:
>when you draw a card, put a 1/1 hasty flyer onto the field
>when a creature with a -1/-1 counter dies, draw a card

Logical last one in that series would be
>when a creature enters the battlefield under your control, put 1(or 2) -1/-1 counter(s) on another target creature
with an activated ability that puts a 1/1 black scarab onto the field by exiling a card in a graveyard, or that reanimates something (for a pretty high cost).

But sense assembling the whole trio would certainly cost +15 mana, it better damn well win you the game when you have them all on the field.

I mean it makes sense. What it does is it allows you to search your whole deck for the wincon, or build up an entire board of weenie fliers, who win the game for you.

The looting is just an emergency way for the card to trigger itself. If your main plan is playing this guy and then pay to loot, you're playing this card wrong.

slotting Locust god into my Mizzix is gonna rock.

That card started with being UR.
They made it mechanically UR.
Then they decided, since the theme of the set is 'Bolas wrecks Egypt World' to throw the flavor of a biblical plague onto their perfectly UR card.
Locusts on Amonkhet are UR due to being swarming hiveminded magic eating fucks made by a twisted mindcontrolled god. Deal with it.

>whine about the colour pie
>be fucking wrong about the colour pie

Veeky Forums in a nutshell everyone

>steal the spark
Don't get your hopes up. That's only been pulled off once.
By a thing that was insane beyond insanity.
And had devoted most of its time on that plane to trying to figure out how to do it.
And it only worked by, arguably, pure accident.

HA
Seriously though I hope Garruk comes back during Ixalan or Dominaria he's my favorite planeswalker.
I mean hell it would be perfect to see him come back in Ixalan just hunting dinosaurs and stuff.

Considering he's the god of the Hour of Eternity, reanimation may well happen.
Or just exiling a card and getting a generic token zombie.

Eternalized zombie token, maybe? Would be fairly expensive activation, but popping out a 4/4 would be pretty impressive.

>jace unwillingly roped in to pirate shenanigans
>finds out Vraska is the admiral of the fleet
>has to walk the plank

IF FUCKING ONLY

i will say this at least, locust god is less harshly costed than niv-mizzet, and has recursion, which niv-mizzet does not.

I doubt it. All iterations of Garruk's colors are currently in use or soon to be used.

>G Nissa
>B Liliana
>GB Vraska in Ixalan

And I don't even think they plan on including Vraska in the Jacetice League. Maybe there's hope for him to return tri-colored.

A jund garruk would be fuckin tight

The Scarab God
3UB

At the beginning of your upkeep, each opponent loses x life and you scry x, where x is the number of zombies you control.

2UB: Exile target creature card from a graveyard. Create a token that's a copy of iit. It's also a 4/4 black Zombie.

When the Scarab God dies, return it to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.

5/5

Oh i just made the connection the the two new gods share colors with bolas so by judging the invocation art of the scorpion god and locust god theres going to be a third blue/black god

They literally confirmed this in the reveal of the Scorpion God.

>literally the first card i even had an inkling of a thought of pre-ordering
>20 sheckles
ill just go ahead and wait about 2 weeks after HoD drops

Sorry i havent been very closely following amonkhet news

This is ALMOST as bad as the guy that didn't know amonkhet was related to bolas until like, less than a week ago

hey guys
youtu.be/J0mQxidle4M
gotta love rudy

Son of a bitch

Im surprised they didnt use the protection scarabs for invocation cards

When all doubts have melted away, the worthy will meet the Hour of Eternity and earn a place at the God-Pharaoh's side.

It would feel bad enough to get cards like Avatar of Woe as your Invocation, much less shit like the scarabs.

You say that like Avatar of Woe won't be one of the more popular ones simply for the art.

I don't know about you, but for me art wouldn't make it any better that I pulled a junk rare instead of Thoughtseize or Armageddon or Through the Breach as my super rare invocation card.

FOOOOLISH SAMURAI

And if something is rare and popular and you don't want it, you do this thing called 'sell it'. And if it's rare and popular - which I'm guessing Invocation Woe will be solely because people keep wanting to do Samurai Jack references with it - it'll be worth something.
It's not like it's counterspell, either.

>Invocations
>worth something

Yeah, I could get a whole $16 for it, like Invocation Divert. Maybe I can even get it to $22 like Attrition!

So real talk, why is almost nothing in standard worth anything anymore?

Wtf is the point of cracking standard packs when nothing has value outside of approximately 3 cards a set.

Cracking packs has never been worth it.
And the answer is Masterpieces being the new Mythics.
People want their bling.

Why the fuck are all these guys interesting, but the first 5 were boring as shit? All 3 of the bolas gods are cool designs.

>Vraska has a fake pirate accent and everything
>When Jace points it out, she has to talk to him in private that he has to go along with it or else she'll burn what's left of his coat

They had so much good design to go around

All they had to do was play in the set's themes a little. Hazoret is the only one that comes close. I know they made the gods super generic to make it so theyre playable in more decks and less reliant on synergy but jesus they were fucking boring. These guys are more like it.

1. Wizards purposely made them boring and shit to reflect how much weaker they are compared the the new gods.

2. Due to lack of core sets. Wizards needed to make more basic cards at certain rarities. Like the Gearhulk Cycle.

3. Maro didn't participate as much in the design as he did in Amonkhet as a co-lead.

I always thought Sarkhan would end up Jund. What was I thinking?

The first five are locked up in conditions that simply aren't as good as the Theros gods Devotion.

Reminds me of Olivia Voldaren

"Mythic" is such a cancer thing. As soon as one is worth anything the cost skyrockets. I miss the days when "rare" was all you needed, and honestly even then I'd prefer it if everything was common. The barrier to entry for poor kids sucks.

That he had a red/green card and a red/black card and Jund itself was dragontown so it would make sense? That's what I was thinking.

I'm not going to fight a retard just because he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Looting is a blue and red thing user.

And its likely that they were weakened (along with the forgetting) by Bolas AND lack whatever power up that he gave to the Locust, Scorpion and Scarab gods.

Or it's not that the Bug Gods are powered up, but they're burning through their power and won't survive past what they were meant to do.
Remember: Don't overclock deities.

Judging from their effects, I assume that they can't die (permanently) unless Bolas wants them too.

>Just like one of my animes!
Real talk though: as I've said in other threads, Nissa's definitely going to pull through. Wizards isn't going to waste more time to get us invested in /another/ monogreen walker when Garruk is happy with his corruption.

Plus he probably has that retard strength

Cheaper is better for players.
And for fuck sake it's cardboard, why does everything need value, the purpose is to play the game, not fucking invest... Theoretically you should never get the money in as you do out, why magic can be an exception I will never know...

... Then you come up with 5 different mono gods that are unique and strong in their own way that coexists with the sets mechanics...

The barrier for entry for any hobby sucks, yet people do it anyways. And Magic is a relatively cheap hobby, compared to something like seriously investing in a sport.

Going to splash sigle copy of this fucker in my b/w zombies even if it makes my deck shittier

Welp time to rev up that blue/black zombie deck again

>Missing the point
You only activate if you have nothing else to spend mana on. This guy generates extra value from EVERY CYCLE AND DRAW

This seems playable.

>Legendary Creature - Human Warrior
>Vigilance

>When Djeru the Purified enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a Planeswalker card, reveal it and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library.

>If a source would deal damage to a Planeswalker you control, prevent 1 of that damage.

Superfriends has a new slightly less super friend.

He's the guy in the super hero team who has no powers of his own, but brings everybody together, right?

Damn that's not bad.

Yeah, Grixis Death's Shadow needed all the help it could get.

Whats the fuck is wrong with his face?

>Playable

You mean broken, this is almost Fatal Push levels of bullshit for modern Grixis.

3 Mana to get a hasty Death Shadow from the graveyard is fucking ridiculous.

They weren't worthy...