Warhammer 40,000 General - /40kg/

The new Necron model is pretty sweet edition

>Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=tla7ND13Jcg

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
CHAOS INDEX: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42492327752258854809

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator#/rosterCreator

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

insidermedia.com/insider/midlands/games-workshop-boosted-by-weak-pound
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Tyranids

my boyz are lonely in vassal someone come play with me~

>tfw the Valkyrie is shooting at bs5+ all the time because all its guns are heavy

it has hover. It doesn't need to move

But why are you using the valkyrie as a gunboat anyway? its the best transport in the game.

The tau players or their opponents?

Also its pretty disingenuous to talk about "tiers" and then say you don't care about competitive play and only play for casual funtimes

>guard are a shooting race
>bs4

First for Xenos taking revenge on the evil sons of Guilliman

I want my fancy HQ's and a Battalion formation in my next 2000 pt match. Is it worth the bare bone troop / Fast attack / lone wolf?
7th edition for me was a blackmane drop pod army so out of practice with foot slogging, and cant fit any transports.
List so far.

>valkyrie literally cant hit my ghostkeel

When will the imperium ever learn

We ride on those ultra fucks the end of July!

Are scythe or shield+sword lychguard better now? Scytheguard can now charge out of a night scythe to go first but can't deal with long combats, shield guard lack the "kill everything" oomph.

those clothes are the raddest

the tau players, to see what unit i won't take
i don't want to be called a WAACfag anymore

The valkyrie isnt for shooting

The valkyrie is for giving an extra 20" of movement to your 3 4-man scion command squads who all have meltaguns who then blow up a land raider for half its cost.

Or for dropping 4 bullgryn right up some deathstars asshole.

Grav chute insertion makes the valkyrie the best transport in the game

#
#
#
#
#
What is the best way to buy lots of boyz?

Are there any good ork bundles. I recently got a start collectinng kit but it only came with 12 boyz some nob a pain boy and dredd.

I think at this point I have like 30-40 slugga and 20 shoota Boyz. Before building new ones. But they are also from a time I didn't clean my mold lines.

I got 5 tank busta
1 weird boy
2 bosses
5 Nob from black reach
3 bikes
2 shokk attack guns.
5 lootas
A trukk
And a zapp gun.

What should I buy? I like pretty much every uniT.

I can make my own clann right?

I was thinking of doing some bombas and battle wagons using ww2 models.

insidermedia.com/insider/midlands/games-workshop-boosted-by-weak-pound

Disgusting.

What even are night scythes.

no, but the flamer command squad that jumped out of the valk can fry the drones while the 2 plasma command squads can melt the ghostkeel.

Nth for autocannons are shit now

See if you can find any of the old starter Snap Together Orks.

I don't feel it is worth going that barebones. Your 5-man units will probably die like bitches, and a few power weapons/combiweapons on the grey hunters & blood claws will probably do you more good than the command points.

If I set up for a game by taking a shit right on the wargaming table, what units could that proxy as?

Staves that turn into scythes at night.

>before the Night Scythe moves
No, I think not.

Also
>t6, w12, sv3+, 174 points
vs
>t7, w14, sv3+, 160 points

I'm really confused as to why no one else has noticed this.

Not only can the valkyrie provide solid fire support with an average of 13.5 s5 shots and another 3 s6 shots, (even at bs5+ that'll do something), it can drop troops less than a foot from it's target, after which THEY CAN MOVE AND CHARGE NORMALLY.

You can dump Bullgryns onto the board, have them move 6" and then roll a 3" charge. A THREE INCH CHARGE. ON TURN ONE.

Where else in the game can you get melee dudes into melee that fast and that reliably.

My what looks cool and fun list.

Thoughts?

Don't meltaguns on Scions average like one wound each on Raiders?

Night scythes combo with deciever, one dying does not kill its crew, assault 8 tesla.

The best way WAS AoBR, now your best bet is ebay lots

the Great Knarloc

Just strip your models. You have a decent amount of boyz

>it can drop troops less than a foot from it's target, after which THEY CAN MOVE AND CHARGE NORMALLY.

I thought "grav-chute insertion" counted as their move?

What about Battle of Vedros? Can stores still get those?

>best transport in the game.
who cares about its guns
>one dying does not kill its crew
but all of them dying automatically kills all the passengers, no roll.

also,
how does the deceiver combo with the scythe? you have to dedicate its contents at the start of the game. If your redeploying d3 units with the deceiver at the start of the game into the night scythe, you may as well just deploy them there right off.

Read the rule carefully, it just lets you disembark after the valkyrie moves. Nothing in the transport rules prevent units from acting normally after their transport moves.

It does not. It's considered a normal disembark, except it happens at any point during the Valkyrie's move - including the very end, after it's covered 20+ inches.

Thus the disembarking unit may charge.

Is Punisher Gattling Pask worth it?

Yeah, I got some marines recently.

>Thus the disembarking unit may charge.

Or the melta gun unit can get within 6"

Put aircraft over points, drop people before move, move+shoot. Night scythes are good as both a transport and a weapon, unlike the 10pts less flying rhino.

Pask is good with whatever. Punisher is one of the better options for a leman but the Battle Cannon is the best

He'll they can get within 2", since it's an assault weapon.

1 melta gun

2/3 hit

1/3 wound

About 5/18 failed saves

so about 17.5/18 damage per melta gun, about 20/18 if you get the reroll
That's pretty decent considering a BS3+ lascannon is

2/3 hit

4/9 wounds

8/27 failed saves

28/27 damage done per lascannon

So its near the high end of the bell curve, especially in that points bracket

Might be able to, the best way is looking for the Ork side on an ebay storefront (this is what I did with the AoBR Orks)

Any tips for this?

>valkyrie literally cant hit my ghostkeel
I just had my valkyrie drop some scions close, all the plasma and -2 hotshots did the job. All while my manicore and two basilisk easily outshout and killed the stormsurge. But your right my valkyrie can't hit a ghostkeel.
This user knows whats up.

Does anyone have the disappointed Commissar reaction image?

Are Hellblasters Heavy Support or Elites?

Why are the 1d4chan tactica for 8th edition spread across two different lists, both of which are incomplete?

Heavy Support.

same could be said for the valk? except the valk can do that turn one
(move + disembark turn 1, shoot ineffectively, hover and shoot turn 2)

For the same points as a night scythe (ish), you get 2d6+6 s5 ap-1 and 3 s6ap0 shots

They have different targets (s7 vs s5) but the valk puts out more shots

Eeeh I see what he means, if you go purely by RAW the BRB says disembark happens and then you move, or you can't disembark after the transport moves.

In the Grav-Chute rule it explicitly says you disembark but doesn't say you can't move.

So it becomes a question of unit movement order. Do all units move simultaneously? No they don't as evidenced by bubble auras. So it is technically a legal interpretation. It definitely isn't intentional.

Should I give my stormraven lascannons or leave it with the assault cannons and heavy bolters?

It seems pretty effective at clearing infantry, especially if you include the hurricane bolters

>It definitely isn't intentional.
how do you know?

its not even a stretch to come to the conclusion that you can move after disembarking from a valkyrie.

Night scythes have to disembark their troops before they move like any other transport

They only get anywhere close with the deceiver

Valkyries can just straight up disembark troops after its move with absolutely zero monstrous creature combos necessary

DISTRACTION CARNIFEX

Because you touch yourself at night.

Damn we're going to have to wait for a FAQ or something.

Because I thought any time any unit "disembarks", no matter how they do it, it has to be before the transport moves.

Heavy bolters, assault cannons and hurricane bolters are legit as fuck and necessary with the new meta.

>They only get anywhere close with the deceiver
why is everyone talking about the deceiver? He only redeploys at the start of the game, does he not?

>touching yourself in daylight hours instead
It's like you want to get vampires in the drywall.

Except the valkyrie specifically allows you to disembark at any point during its move.

Fun Fact: A Dakkafex that doesn't take a Bone Mace will always hit at strength 4, not strength 6 because you have to use any Melee weapons you have, you can only attack with stats if you have no other melee weapons

Thats how it works normally, except for grav chutes which very specifically happen during the valkyries movement. There's absolutely nothing that keeps units from moving after disembarking.

Redeploy night scythe within 12" of enemy unit, invasion beam unit of necrons at 9" from enemy unit, they walk up. Shoot/charge/etc

Both are good, take an option that suits the rest of your list.

If the Indices release midnight Britbong time
That is like 4 PM Pacific tomorrow

Not much longer now before leaks hit

>1d4chan tactica

It's mostly shitposting and memes anyway.

Quick noob question, how long does it take for people to assemble a mini? I get it that it's my first box but it takes me almost an hour to assemble one gargoyle as I clean up mould lines, drill the barrel and properly position the mini. Is this more or less how it takes or it's just practice?

please, please, please give me not-shit griffons

I have 3

My reasoning comes solely from the fact the Skies of Fury rule was scrapped for the Stormraven.

Anyone's dad work at GW? Got any clues about upcoming release schedules?

Why would they release midnight tonight? The last lot of FW indexes came out Saturday, didn't they?

Once you get used to it, maybe 5 minutes per normal sized model.

But at the same time you'll start to enjoy putting them together, so just stick with it

I legitimately have no idea how having a rule that specifically states that the unit can disembark after the valkyrie moves can unintentionally allow that unit to move after, since thats the default rule for transports.

So you don't know, then. Okay.

Yes and the Onager Dune Crawler becomes metaphysical at 6 wounds neither able to shoot or be shot at.

GW makes mistakes all the time in rules.

Sounds good user, now I can build the bullet-spraying stormraven of my dreams.

Takes about 20 minutes to assemble the mini, clean up mold lines, filter the radial particle basis and drill gun barrels.

June 23rd

>tonight
Who said that?
And the release date is the 23rd

Maybe 30-60 mins to do an entire box (depending on the kit, admech stuff generally takes longer for example). Seriously, production-line that shit son.

Oh please like you know either or do you think happens as well?

Is it just me or for being a bit of a horde clearer is the eradicator nova cannon a bit lackluster?

Theres a very big difference between "typo in the damage chart" and "I don't like how this rule works"

Its not even a logical leap that allows you to move after you disembark from the valk

you can move after you disembark from a transport
the valk lets you disembark after it moves.

its not even hard.

It was
>implied

Nothing in these rules tells you that you can't move after disembarking?

no, I don't, but like has been said several times now, nothing even comes close to implying you can't move after you disembark from a valkyrie.

So until we get an official statement, lets go with the glaringly obvious logical normal reading of the rules, that doesn't involve any assumptions that aren't even remotely based on the rules text.

Yeah, that says that units disembarking can move and act normally afterwards.

Can't move after you get out of a Scythe though.

Renegades better have cool shit and not be just !notguard : the army

When did I ever say RAW it was wrong? I'm saying RAI it was probably an oversight, like Grey Knight units from 7th being able to buy falchions and then buy more weapons by buying a sword and hammer by trading in the falchions.

yes you can

I'm asking what reason beyond "I don't like it" you have for believing RAI is that you can't move?

What evidence is there for RAI being that units cant move after grav chuting? There's nothing anywhere that says that.

Because every other rule that involves special insertion type movements require being 9 inches away. Especially when similar rules for other factions have disappeared. Did I ever say I didn't like it? Or are you just being a TFG? It's possible to have a opinion you don't like you know.

>yes you can
No, you can't. You're coming out of Reserves, and it says in the Reserves section that models being Set Up for the first time in the middle of a battle can't move. It's not the same as a disembarkation. So Night Scythes are mostly garbage.

Sorry correction.

Because every other rule that involves special insertion type movements require being 9 inches away and don't allow movement.

NONONONONOOOOOOOO
KEEEEP THOSE FEMMARINES AWAY REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
I WANT MY SAFESPACE BACK!!!

That's a universal rule for reinforcements and deep striking, which is not what a valkyrie does.

Despite it saying "grav chute insertion" its not a deep strike move, its a disembark. Its clear as crystal.

>It's possible to have a opinion you don't like you know.

Its a completely baseless opinion that relies on the rules for a different deployment method, its not a basis for arguing RAI.

Okay, at least I get where your coming from now.

Grav-chute is a disembark, not a reinforcements, I guess. Perhaps we will see an Errata.

oh shit, you may be right. Thats kinda shitty.