They make a new total war game

>they make a new total war game
>objectively a good game, and fairly successful
>probably attracted some people to the hobby too
>it's set in the Old World and not in the Universe(ses) of Age of Sigmar

What did they mean with this?

That GW has a terrible sense of timing.

yes, but I don't think that that is the case here.
I think there are 2 reasons:
1) developing a game cost time, and at the start of development there wasn't a lot of lore for AoS
2) the entire range of current Warhammer fantasy videogames are centered around the actual end times (virmintide even has it in the title.

If TWWH interested anyone in the hobby,

AoS makes it objectively much easier for them to actually act on that interest.

Get over it WFBabby

It has 1.5 million owners on Steam right now.

GW went full retard.

CA would never even be interested in making AoS game. It's not a setting for them.

>man that setting is cool
>man those troops are cool
>...what do you mean they don't exist anymore?
>...oh, ok. I'll guess I'll come back later

Of course they focus on end times, its the only time they've had story progression and changeable balances of power.

The original series pitch included 3 games, and was greenlit back when WHFB was still ongoing with GW.

When GW decided to toss it out and make AoS, they kept it WHFB because the lore for AoS at the time was a confusing mesh of shit. So now Total War is Alternate Universe where the End Times can be averted and the future not set in stone.

>triggered AoSfag
OP isn't even trying to say WHFB is better, he just wants to know why GW would toss it out before they finished their line up of tie in games.
If you're going to shitpost, at least be relevant

>they kept it WHFB because the lore for AoS at the time was a confusing mesh of shit
>at the time
You seem to imply that right now it isn't anymore

There is an WHFB rpg coming out soon, and you can use AoS rules to play WHFB armies since every has rules in that system.

>The setting isn't explored in the game at all. It's just a map.
>You can still use those troops in AoS

Yep
WFB is still dead

Now that they've had time to add to it and refine the lore, it's still a mess, but not as much of a mess as it was in the beginning.

>everything has rules

You can until they stop producing them or squat your army

How can you be this triggered over a dead game?

Proxies or Ebay.

Everything. Even the Tomb Kings and Brets.

A bunch of my friends got armies because of their love for Total War Warhammer so I have people I know to play 8th edition with. Its sweet.

>Proxies
Implying they're allowed
>Ebay
Implying a new player should be forced to do that for no particular reasons

3D Printing man. Who cares if they look like freaky monopoly pieces?

Anyone who thinks you can just easily print good miniatures doesn't know how 3D-printing works. Your picture has had several hours of sculpting done to it, it didn't come out looking like that.

It still means there's a viable alternative if there is no more miniatures available.

>takes hours to get that way
So does making and painting the legit thing. No biggie.

Yeah, but you still have to paint that thing. Also, that thing's way bigger than a normal mini

Not everyone who gets into the game has a 3D printer. In the end GW needs to keep making models for armies, or else they die.

It doesn't though. You'd have to print much more singular parts than the average GW miniature, glue them together, fix them up (file reinforcements, add the smaller details etc) and then paint. And then paint.

You have to be pretty skilled to make something that is as good looking as cast mold ones.

You can make pretty good parts if you use stereolithography rather than layering plastic as in the picture. Forgeworld makes all the master copies for their models with a 3D printer after all.

>2) the entire range of current Warhammer fantasy videogames are centered around the actual end times
TWWH has nothing to do with the End Times

I'm not saying this is an absolute requirement. Merely a solution to keep getting more if you really want to get into one of the defunct games GW abandoned.