You cant unless you're the goalkeeper

Um, but how do I do a throw in?

Make it a LARP session

Fernando is too fat for that though.

This guy looks like an elf

Hell ya bale is the shit! Nice tastes sir

>Divegrass

Like football manager.

Party take up different roles within the team and management, captain, manager , star player , marketer etc and go from there. Games a mixture of interpersonal drama and the daily management and training of a team.

By going full anime with it

High octane pulp football

>interpersonal drama with asshole primadonna NPC teammates, dastardly opponents, and crazy footballer's wives
>flamboyant managers and owners doing drastic shit
>match fixing cartel shenanigans
>hooligans
>media scandals

Playing out the actual footy games might be tough. I mean, I can easily simulate it mechanically but to make it fun, snappy and fit inside a reasonable IRL time frame is a lot harder. Seems like it would probably be best to gloss over a lot of the NPC play and make it more like a highlights programme. Only roll out what directly affects the player characters, and just use a really simple random table (or plain GM fiat) for the rest.

like the fifa career mode

By spending the entire thing fucking Ronaldo.

All the players have 3 con and fucking cry like little bitches whenever they slip and fall while the women players slide on fields made of razor wire and break their noses and keep playing

Alternatively, I play game about real football and leave poverty hackysack to the arabs, spaniards, africans and their culturally enriched neighbors

Make the rules insanely different in America, but keep the name

I haven't been able to find an initiative/tactical system that models sports well. How do actual spots games like Blood Bowl manage it?

It's actually called football in the US becuase it is descended from the same game that modern association football was

>football
Why do you have a soccer picture?

Blood Bowl is a bit of an outlier because the action in American Football is already separated out into discrete chunks, making it easy to split into game turns.

If I wanted to write rules for miniatures soccer I'd do something like Arty Conliffe's Crossfire, where as long as you had the initiative you could keep moving the ball and players, but everything you did would give your opponent a chance to steal it away from you and seize the initiative for himself

"Soccer" is just a short hand for "Association" in Association Football