I am Dr. Henry Killinger

I am Dr. Henry Killinger.

And this, is how I Lawful Evil

>not LG

C'mon, maaaaaan.

Honestly he always struck me as being more LN or TN. Wanted people to unlock their full potential be it for good or evil.

"You're powers are useless on me, you silly billy"

Greatest BBEG quote or what?

I dunno, considering that he works almost exclusively for Super Villains, tries to improve/hlp them, and also is a recruiter, I'd say he might be pretty evil.

Also remember that he just straight up murdered all those Union leaders, as well as made Hank kill that one guy.

He's evil, but in more of a cosmic sense of the term, and is completely dedicated towards aiding the villainous mortals and making them, which allows him to be incredibly cordial and helpful with his evilness.

He's helping people out, and isn't doing it for purely selfish reasons but doing it out of a sense of responsibility. He's a supernatural therapist cranked up to 11.

I think alignments are retarded, and are only good for causing stupid arguments, but if I had to place him anywhere, pure neutral all the way.

He does objectively Evil Acts. Regardless of intent that puts him as Evil in DnD terms.

>evil
>objective
lol

>trying to pigeonhole obvious Gurps characters into DnD

Because that was the intent of the thread?

>He does evil things and only helps literal villains or people become literal villains but he is nice while he does it so he's neutral
You silly Billy

And this is exactly why alignments are shit

that said, he's still lawful neutral

Counter-argument: Red Death. He is unequivicolly an evil murderous madman, but he's also the nicest fellow you'll meet. But him being Mister Rogers level of nice and caring doesn't change the fact that he's a deranged psychopath who gets of on murdering people hard and is basically just a monster underneath it all.

He's a nice guy, but being nice doesn't make you suddenly not evil. He is without a doubt EVIL, and really the only reason why he's able to live his comfy and nice family life is purely because of the support and guidelines enforced on villains by the Guild

Killinger is the same, while he may be nice, deep within his heart beats the anthem of evil and villainy.

How is it even debatable that what he's doing it evil? He's not trying to reform or redeem super-villains, he's trying to help them to be more evil more efficiently. He's also trying to get people who are sitting on the fence over to do horrible things. He's not instantly a good guy or somehow grey just because he's all Mary Poppins about it. I hate alignments as much as the next guy with sense but you're being a special kind of dumb.

Red Death would also have been way less nice in his youth. He chilled out a lot after his marriage.

Red Death kills fewer people in a year than Brock Samson kills in a week and Rusty Venture kills in a day

Do we ever actually see him do anything evil? As far as I can remember, all he really does is encourage Rusty to bully Jonas Jr, which he was going to do anyway.

He helped Dr. Venture realize that his jealousy of his brother was crippling his life and relationships. Sure, he made Rusty a villain to prove his point, but it could be argued that Killinger never expected Rusty to really become a villain--his endgame was teaching Rusty to overcome his jealousy, not turn him into a villain.

It's very likely that Killinger seeks out some kind of cosmic balance that goes beyond our own human understanding of morality. When he killed The Investors he referred to them as Caecius, Lips, and Skiron. The Northeast Wind, The Southwest Wind, and the Northwest Wind. Since The Investors are related to him that would make him Apeliotes, the Southeast Wind, the wind that is the most beneficial to humanity out of the 4.

This is how I like, uh, Chaotic Evil or something

And?

A Paladin could kill millions everyday in the name of good, to protect the weak and innocent and still be Good.

Some random dude murder rapes someone for shots and giggles and he's evil.

It's all about intent

I'll giggle-rape you in a minute boy

>Evil
But he only ever does good, he just happens to do it for evil people but it is still good.
Alignments are fucking awful.

In DnD there is objective Good and Evil, and there's no point in using DnD alignments outside of a DnD context.

Man, sure are a lot of people who confuse nice with good. Or that helping people is automatically good, despite the intentions of those your helping.

No one ever seems to get this. The minute you start arguing about Alignments, you're bringing in a whole lot of baggage from the D&D system it's from, like objective evil and good.