Warhammer 40,000 General - /40kg/

There's no reason to use anything besides plasma edition
GW did this intentionally sub-edition

>Duncan
youtu.be/tla7ND13Jcg

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw List Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator#/rosterCreator

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

frontlinegaming.org/2017/06/18/making-the-case-for-using-power-level-points-in-tournaments/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Morale affects everyone

Nth for femarines are cute! Cute!!

don't make these new threads so fast you stupid dummy

what configuration is good for a dreadnought? can lascannon/fist work? are ironclads with hurricane bolters and chainfist good? they just look so cool

whateverth for Marines being affected by morale is fucking stupid.

Unless you are Orks in 10+ squads, IG in 10+ squads with comissars around, etc etc etc

There are surprisingly a big amount of stuff that can ignore for long time the moral system.

Page 9 for the old thread seems fine.

hehe, jokes on you-- everyone but guard!

Hydras. Good, bad, situational? Seems nice since they get a +1 to hit against more than just aircraft and anything with fly

What's with the circular drum on all the primarine weapons?

>First for Morale affects everyone
>Ork mobs are pretty much immune to morale checks now

It really depends what you fight. Against Tau it's hilarious.

What do you plan to do with your existing marines?

Why haven't you sold them already?

>too many things ignore moral
>makes new edition where moral matters
>except all these factions that ignore it

Nothing changes

>There are surprisingly a big amount of stuff that can ignore for long time the moral system.

Just like in every edition really. Morale and LD never truly matters

I'm glad "fear" is gone though. fuck that shit the ultimate waste of time rule. Also Soul blaze. good riddance

GW is like war.
It never changes.

Plasma canister presumably.

Thoughts? I'm worried that I have too much close shit and not enough long range shit. Also the Rhino is supposed to be a Repressor

Because I'm in it for the modelling and painting and I don't sell minis that I've already painted because they are milestones on my road to improvement,

thank god you have snipers right?

Just wait until we come for you!

Not that, the piece above the magazine, behind the barrel. That's on all their weapons, regardless of the type. Plasma and bolter.

how should i build my ig to completely crush my tyranid playing friend?

das cool gun

As-is people complain about Marines being affected at all. You can snipe commissars, you can focus synapse creatures, you can either try to kill the ork mob emboldening the rest, or try to separate other units from it.

While there are factions that can essentially ignore morale, they don't do so in a manner that offers no counterplay.

>Orkz are finally too stupid to be afraid

rough riders :^)

>Chaosfags (mostly Carnac) are salty as hell over the fact that Khorne's Blood Crusade decided it'd be a great idea to try and attack Octarius, and got stonewalled by the Orks and Nids already fighting each other until the daemons left via warp storm, meaning the mortal Khorne followers (INCLUDING KHARNE AND THE WORLD EATERS) got left behind

Thoughts on pic related for a 1k Drukhari starter? I know I'd probably be better spamming blasters on the Scourges, but you only get 1 of each gun per box (and I'm trying not to just do darklight spam like every DE list)

Tanks

We 8th ed now son

unless you have 600 memescripts. Tyranids crush YOU

>1001
>literally cheating

Dominions of any squad size can only take 4 guns correct? Also needs more stormbolters.

anyone?

>1001 points
Try again

By the way to you can edit names.

>implying

mah nigga

Idk about the plasma, but do you mean the place where they mount scopes on the bolt rifle?

>1001 points
>mistress and no Repentias to use her skills
>5 guns in Dominions squads

Are you intentionally trolling?

>i literally cannot comprehend friendly noncomp games due to autism:the post

IG vs Nids is a very even match-up.

You can't just listbuild your way to victory, the player who better understands positioning in the Charge/Fight phase is going to win.

Scions are sick good though, I recommend a lot of them.

I think he's talking about this

yeah nids are grossly undercosted. especially since they're almost all goddamn psykers too.

He is still cheating with Dominions. If we are not respecting the point system or unit composition might as well not bother with an army list at that point

I want to get into the UK competitive 40k scene. Any tips? I know I won't win shit but I'd like to experience a big tourney or two. Thinking of aiming for best painted doing an airbrushed nid Godzilla list.

My marines are heavily converted with lots of helmets and guns and shoulder pads and whatnot. I may end up freezing them so I can easily break off the superglued bits I want and transferring them to larger models

Ya, I know, he's also saying it's on the bolters too. I just know that round thing is for scopes on bolt rifles, idk how it's used on plasma rifles.

why don't the chaos marines look more corrupted? I mean the current models don't look like they have been in the warp for millennia. the death guard and the thousand sons are a great step I hope the chaos marines get a more corrupted set soon. until then i'm going to kit bash with possessed and the raptors . how do you guys make your chaos marines look more like chaos marines?

dumb question, but i thought that modifiers could save you from auto-fail 1's?

I can't think of any nid units that are blatantly undercosted except for special characters and maybe genestealers (but not by very much). Some of their stuff is in fact still overcosted.

The thing that makes them powerful is that players deploy badly against them and get rekt on turn 1. They're used to playing gunlines in 7th that didn't have to worry about a bunch of shit which is now completely different in 8th.

it just depends on the god, i guess
i dont see any reason for khorne to mutate his followers if its just extra arms like pink tranny, green papa or blue nerd

Not all chaos is corrupt. Many marines are still as pure as the heresy. Not everyone's a mutant fuck up

frontlinegaming.org/2017/06/18/making-the-case-for-using-power-level-points-in-tournaments/

WTF is this shit.

No.

I've also seen that nids have a lot more flexibility on the table now and don't have to follow the old 'castle' formation.

That is a dumb question, since Some one, presumably you, yourself, underlined the fucking text in the rules that flatly and totally contradicts you.

Because GW was probably designing it based on making it look futuristic and sci-fi rather than being practical or realistic

1s always fail. Otherwise you could turn Kharn into a even bigger murderbeast.

retarded bullshit that's never going to happen and is only supported by lazy TOs and people who aren't serious tournament players

He's basically arguing for malifaux. Rather than fixed equipment lists you have a power points listed then pick equipment as you set up. It makes sense but it makes the game increasingly pay to win since you need more options or to put magnets on everything

If anything I'm annoyed at HOW corrupt they are in a sense of being too busy and not consistent. Yeah yeah I get that it's chaos, but you look at Age of Sigmar's chaos guys and all their shit despite being evil looking chaos forged hell armor, it's all still clean and consistent armor trims and engravings rather than random spikes and horns jutting out of armor and being generally unpleasing to look at. You have factions like the Iron Warriors who are chaos, but openly hate the chaos gods and cut off any mutations and replace them with bionics. If anything they should look like body horror rotting corpse fiends with tubes everywhere with the occasional chaos star on their armor, yet because the armor designs are inconsistent as fuck, we have wierd as horned helmets and random spikes that don't make sense for a faction like them.

Because the chaos marine scuplts are old as dog shit.
Everyone thought the chosen from dark vengeance were the tits- so naturally, old retarded Kirby GW did nothing with them.
The new direction from the Kharn model, the TS range, and new DG ranges actually LOOK like chaos marines.
GW finally realized no one gives a shit about renegades people wanted the traitor legions

The forces of the Imperial Guard Anglican 3rd Regiment had been brought to battle once again as it had turned out Primarch Guilliman's creations weren't as loyal as they seemed.
Around 1,200pts (My opponent and I are both new to 8th)
Killpoints
And sorry anons for the lack of batreps still haven't gotten my Index yet and I was waiting for some 8th Ed games.

I hope so, power levels are aweful. Like if I want 6 dudes to fill up a razorback I would have to pay enough power for 10 and just not take them, only being able to take models in 5 or 10 is fucking retarded.

was asking about Clowns last thread. If you're still around, my advice is to take Starweavers. They're god tier transports and Harlies really need them. Walking is not fun.

im talking more along the lines of their armor like the marines in the pic I posted are perfect and a lot of the legion marines would have spines and warp mutations on the armor.

I get that I suppose but their armor should look more organic and less like a space marine or it's the same thing. the pic I posted and what I posted before is what im talking about

Yeah but that's just having good design for once. It's not a sign of being undercosted.

I agree, simple but effective can make things iconic without having to be a clusterfuck of random details.

Alright, been wanting to get into 40k for a while, might as well do it with a new edition. Is the list alright in general? The other thing I'm unsure about is the Terminator loadout so any advice on that would be much appreciated.

His argument for points balance across loadouts is completely laughable. He uses Knights which have different power levels for each type of loadout. So he basically fails to address at all the biggest issue with PL in a competitive setting. Not happening.

I agree the legions should look like organic monsters fused to their armor and fucked up beyond recognition. as a slaanesh marine player i'm waiting for my EC legion update and in the meantime just kitbashing with the raptors and possessed

>110 point Razorback instantly removed from play if it rolls a single 1 shooting a supercharged Plasma Gun
Whats the most expensive model that can be instant killed by plasma overheat? This shit seems too risky to use on non-mooks even with rerolls.

Its okay user, it doesn't matter how long the gap is between batreps, its worth the wait because the wait is shorter than the time since my last game, which was like, a year ago

Trygon looks undercosted to me.

I'm not speaking about cost. I've yet to play a round but I've watched a nids vs. SM where the Marines got their shit wiped out because the SM player wasn't ready for nids that could actually charge without wasting a move phase to keep in synapse range.

Anyone have pics of the Dark Vengeance starter set update book? the one that comes with new data sheets for the dark angels and chaos marines

>Because the chaos marine scuplts are old as dog shit.
not entirely the case, pick related.
I think they were dialing back from the 80s shit wanted to get more organization and their current plastic methods could not really handle this (see the old lost and the damned and the possessed for more information)

I'll probably be sanding down the iron sight and sticking the scope on the rail personally. Such a weird design decision for an otherwise pretty good looking gun.

That's all I fucking want for an Iron Warriors army, and I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to do that. I could sculpt some cog pattern trim on them to help associate their effecient, tech focused iron men aesthetic, but then they look out of place when put next to the rest of the chaos line. Then you look at how things like the warsmith has the cog trim on his legs, but then goes to the angular triangle trim on his pauldrons and it annoys the fuck out of me because it's two different trims on the same model and not consistent. I want a simple and effective "Gets the job done" look for em but can't figure out how to do that without making em look like Space Marines, and also at the same time show that they are chaos.

you can save yourself from dying to overheats, but not from missing. +1 to hit is still really powerful on plasma/ion units

chaos land raider?

What works well with Cron Quixote and Vanguard poncha?

Anyone know what's on Preorder this week?

I need more Big Guys.

Where are they?

So either keep it in reroll range or don't supercharge it. Also, probably a chaos lord. They can get pretty fucking crazy in points costs with all the upgrades they can take.

first time playing, how do I organise this. all my stuff is in the mail still but I have one dark imperium box set and two extra squads of hellblaster marines coming.

Can't some knights suffer from it I read?

+1 hit seems incredibly rare in 40k compared to AoS. I've looked through most armies and I can only remember like one dude that gives it out.

The Guardsman took initiative and immediately started pouring fire into the massive armored warriors. The Executioners spitting plasma bringing down one of the Warlord's Lieutenant and Librarians who stood exposed in the open air. A Chimera moving forward to spit laser fire at the Marines.

>, how do I organise this.
uh user to help you i think i need a little more clarification.
your chart looks fine

Jumping on the meme train.

Drone uprising! Maybe some converted heavy drones with modules and weapons as commanders, and a custom firesight marksman warlord on a flamethrower jetpack leading swarms of drones.

Fusion commanders melt 4 priority targets, CIB commanders whittle down secondary targets, drones cover the field and objectives while blazing S5 fire, detachable/marker drones bubblewrap the flamer warlord to boost BS.

>I am babby pls spoon feed me because I am too lazy to use google or look on the warhammer community site

Just quit babby. This hobby isn't for you.

Edit: list is also 99 points. Can fit an additional 9 marker drones if playing by PL.

>having a character be the closest model to your opponent on turn 1
>40,999
ishygddt

look at that Primaris army. Zero customization options, tiny unit count, brain dead power values. Is this the future of 40k?

It's the past and present of 40k too

Could anyone share the page with the 1V1V1 rules? Our playgroup has whittled down to 3 guys recently and Im kind of excited they actually considered it.

Mk III armor is usually incorporated with a lot of Iron Warriors stuff I've seen, you could probably do a lot with it because it has a lot of things like rivets and layered plates. Another thing you could do to add some simple Chaos aesthetic is adding horns to the helmets. Worse comes to worse you can start pooring out your wallet and buy conversion kits from ForgeWorld.

ok thanks. I haven't read the book yet so I was hoping the extra 2 squads I got wouldn't go against the force org chart

been doing 40k for years (modeling) first time I actually wanted to play the game behind the models

believe me the models themselves will be heavily customised to a roman theme

yeah, it's not nearly as common. off the top of my head: longstrike to nearby hammerheads and 5 markerlights (which you probably won't bother with often since everything between 1-5 isn't worth it and 1 is good enough).

-1 to hit isn't as uncommon though. venomtropes making you overheat on a 2, or ghostkeels making you overheat on a 3... stuff like that is really nasty, especially since it's applied after rerolls