JumpChain CYOA Thread #1572: Greenback Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/uiCPQkdP
pastebin.com/sW6Wz3kZ
dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Satan
youtube.com/watch?v=wjrk9TBsS9c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What happened to the Symbiote update? It doesn't seem to be on the drive.

>>Last Thread
You had one job.

>Creation is slightly smaller than Earth overall, but has much more land compared to ocean.
Well, a flat earth map of Earth is actually smaller in area than it appears because of the stretching as you radiate out from the center.
But Creation is actually flat, and there is no stretching to make is appear flat. So I think Creation ends up a but larger overall.

How is the Infernal Update coming?
Worm_user, if you can read this, please don't give up, and consider incremental updates.

Symbiote and user merged together and they flew off to Mars.

It should be in the Uploads folder, I put it there myself.

>Drawback is a really fun and/or interesting scenario
>It's a high-cost drawback that's suicide for your build
What do?

So I've come to a final solution, I'm simply not going to offer the Answer Talker, you can attempt to obtain it in-universe, but doing it without actually physically dying might be challenging.

Slot it in later in my chain when it'd actually be possible, but still challenging.

Flip a coin

Step One: Panic.
Step Two: Use stuff from previous Jumps to offset Doomback.

If that doesn't work:
Step Three: Panic More
Step Four:

Do it but make sure the struggle is suitably epic (Not in the meme way, legitimately epic) and get a lot of allies on your side

Throw OoC Powers at it. If that doesn't work, get creative and roll lots of d100s to see how poorly it went.

Live dangerously once in a while user! It makes for better storytelling.

>you can, it's just a bad idea
Sounds legit, thanks.

That works.

Also, cheap drawback where you're frequently bullied by a small child, irregardless of your powerlevel.

>irregardless
>inb4 someone like Digger or NikaMoth comes to point out the obvious like anyone cares

>Give Symbiote bio tinker powers from worm.
Good idea or best idea?

Redundant idea? What exactly is it getting out of that?

sounds redundant rather than stacking.

Redundant idea. Pretty sure they can do anything a biotinker could. Now, introducing them to Zerg biology with all the weirdness that entails (ablative armor for brains, electromagnetic hover-cancer, self-replicating acid...and that's all on just one creature), then you could get some pretty interesting things.

Can we take Sonya as a companion for free if we complete the A Cure For Witches scenario?

Rolled 6, 8 = 14 (2d10)

Rolling to see how many of the separate Arcana I manage to acquire mastery of in MtA.

Hm...sure. I'll go edit the scenario so you can do that. Great idea.

So, I've hit a bit of a brain block with my writing and Jumpmaking and gave something a little darker a try.

Hetza Chain - Jump 0: Black Lagoon

Chain Rules: pastebin.com/uiCPQkdP

Native Jumper: Johnathan "Plan B" Smith

Origin: Civilian (Originally at least) (50, 950)

Drawbacks:
+ Obligation (Burnable CIA asset) (+200, 1150)
+ Hit Listed (x3) (+300, 1450)

Perks:
+ Repressed Anger (300, 1150)
+ Two-Hands (100, 1050)
+ Implacable (300, 750)
+ World of Badass (50, 700)

Items:
+ Arsenal (x2) (400, 300)
+ Preferred Weapon (100, 200) - Pair of FN P90 SMGs
inb4 /k/ harp at me for weapon choice. I know very little about firearms.

Companions: (200, 0)
= Jess "Zerker" Belmont - Psycho, Unassuming, Implacable, Counting Time, World of Badass, Gun-Show.

= Sofia "Vanilla" Valmer - Lady, Counting Time, Hard-Boiled Operator, Book Smarts, World of Badass, Serious Style (Formal Suit), Preferred Weapon (Springfield 1911A1)

= Asuna "Boom Boom" [No Family Name] - Psycho, Unassuming, Concealment Equals Cover, Counting Time.

Intro Story: pastebin.com/sW6Wz3kZ

>"So, dear viewers, where should I sent this group of psychopaths, murderers, mercenaries, and general degenerates?
1. The standard beginning world, twisted ever so slightly by my touch.
2. The end of the world, this time brought about by zombies.
3. A world of steel and magic where corporate greed holds sway and only in the lawless shadows can people run free.
4. The world of stalkers, where they will be forced to encounter anomalies they cannot combat, only avoid, and scrounge together an existence among the ruins?

Dude, enough. The constant badgering is only making him feel worse about it. Back the fuck off.

You know what you must do, Stalker.

You think that'll dissuade him? It's just the new shitposting tactic.

What worm powers would you suggest for a symbiote then?

compound computation.

>Is Herculanon dead
Herculanon is alive. CD is chugging along slowly. I'll probably have Kiki's Delivery Service done before it though. Kiki before the end of the month and CD Part 1 probably sometime in July

Miniaturization and Efficiency, super compact cooling systems and internal nuclear reactors.

>Herculanon is alive

Heroes never die! Especially not the champ!

THE CHAMP IS READY TO STEP INTO THE RING AGAINST ANY KARATE KNOWING BUGMEN!

Imaginary Form. That lets the user turn into anything they can properly visualize. Symbiotes can properly visually ANYTHING.

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT

Challenge accepted, bring it newbie.

Summon Decade!

WHERES THE UPDATE BARAMASTER

Maybe once these stomach pains have worked their way out I'll be able to but obviously we need to postpone the match.

Well I meant in one on one fights ya know. Gotta give the fans my one hundred percent or it's not really worth fighting!

Do you guys remember the original Pokemon one, with the insanely powerful psychic option?

To be honest, Hercule is the most powerful warrior without active Ki/Magic/Tech in the universe. I'm pretty sure if Vegeta/Goku/Etc had their Ki capped to his level, and weren't allowed to tap into it, he'd beat them.

I'm pretty sure with all those powers on at once he would suffocate since he has so many layers.

>Well I meant in one on one fights ya know
Don't worry we have the Contact Fusion perk and can just combine into one, that or we could call in Decade!

Eh?

Goku at least is still a genius martial artist trained for decades by literal gods. I think he has more skill but it's focused on the aerial combat and has throwing energy beams as a big part of his power.

...you mean the first Cyoa, that had lightsabers and shit?

If you want to truly learn how to deal with grim and/or dark, you need to run before you can walk.

Didn't once have power armor too?
I think it was even Astartes possibly.

All those techniques rely on Ki empowerment and Ki Use. Hercule is the pinnacle of mundane technique that relies solely on the mechanics of the human form and muscle.

what about Krillin

Krillin uses ki you dingleberry.

It that what changed in v1.1?

>Symbiote update?
>It should be in the Uploads folder, I put it there myself.
Is there a reason why the pdf on the drive has a different file size than the last version posted to the thread?

As of Super Krillin still punches, kicks and dodges well enough to spar with Goku you bloomsburg

Yea, and his style is based around the fact he uses Ki to enhance his abilities. He is reacting and moving faster than his muscles and bones could handle normally. It only works because he is using Ki to do it.

Ki isn't just shooting energy blasts you dofunheiser. It also strengthens your body and lets you move faster. It's the entire reason the Super Saiyan buff even enhances physical prowess. If you're not buffing your body up with ki, you can get your head clubbed with a thrown rock.
Which Krillin actually does to Goku at one point, thinking he'd react in time to block it, which he doesn't and instead yells at Krillin for being a dipshit.

This is practically Dragon Balls 101 info here, how do you not know this.

I think he's saying that he has martial skill, and that even without ki, he'd be bale to kick and punch and stuff.

Rolled 86 (1d100)

>"It appears the viewers have a certain taste that needs appeasing. I think we'll get along swimmingly."
>"The four are headed to the cold north. The Canadian Zone will see four fresh faces, none of them prepared for what awaits them inside."
>"I cannot wait to see how they react to the first assault on their minds."

>86
Nice.

Without ki Krillin's a shorty. He's probably a little stronger than your average shorty, but Satan's got about three feet and a hundred pounds on him.
This isn't a muscle situation, this is literally a ki-versus-no-ki situation. Krillin learned from the ground up to use ki from Master Roshi. Satan learned from the ground up to have muscles and yell really loud.

Satan's not a loser. He won real tournaments against all comers and became the legitimate world champion because nobody could beat him, because Goku and Krillin and everyone else were off saving the universe and shit from Saiyans and Frieza and generally doing actually important shit. Then they came back and found out Satan was top dog now and were all "Who's this clown?", because Satan had been playing in the sandbox with all the other babies who didn't know how to use ki and now he's King Babyman.

He's the strongest human on earth... who can't use ki. Which means he and everyone else he beat is so far below the primary cast's radar that it's not even a joke to them. That is the joke. That's the whole joke.

But in a no-ki battle, which Krillin has absolutely no reason to get into, Satan actually has the advantage because it just comes down to pure muscles and reflex. Power levels aren't a thing in that situation because power levels are ki. Without ki, it's just muscles and knowing where to hit a guy.
So at that point his best bet is to go for the nutshot. Krillin's about the right size for that.

The thing is I'm not sure Krillin can bring his powerlevel low enough. We've seen him getting hit by bullets while unaware. It gave him a small scratch and that was after he hadn't really done any training for years. I think Krillin's still somewhat superhuman even while not trying to channel his ki.

>Hercule Satan
Another Student to teach The Hercules Method to.
Krillin too.

Also, when does Symbiote start getting nuts?
I'm at 1.6 and the the weirdest it's gotten so far is probably the graphene/nanotube bones and internal radio.
No spoilers please.

Passive ki enhancement isn't an unknown, hell, it's the entire gimmick of the Saiyan Beyond God thing that Goku and Vegeta now have, where their default power level was set to SSG at a minimum.

I stopped reading at 2.7 because it'd just gotten too weird.

Gimme some good jumps for cute

Lovecraft.

Actually Krillin was trained from the ground up to be a badass martial artist. His youth before he learned Turtle Martial Arts from Roshi was being trained as a highly martial arts angled monk. He trained with some serious dudes, who were at the WMAT too. They thought he'd run off because he was weak but he'd just gone to learn under a better master. Also as we've seen in Super he still to this day uses actual body building exercises.

Hit up Haruhi with the Haruhi/Yuki-Chan stuff. It's great.

Just take Crawling With Love first

Yeah, that's true. Krillin's whole fighting style is based around ki and he's been using it since he was a tiny child. It's basically just normal for him at this point to use it all the time, even if he's not paying attention to it. To really and truly block Krillin from using ki, you'd have to actually cripple his ability to make use of it with outside forces.

Satan, meanwhile, has never fucking used ki a day in his life, and for a long time thinks it's all light shows and mirrors. You can't really compare the two of because they're so different in not just their style, but the whole way they've been raised to think about strength and fighting. The only thing the two of them have in common is that they're both human.

Like what kind of cute. Cute waifus? Cute animals? Cute animal waifus? There are different kinds of cute.

>Satan, meanwhile, has never fucking used ki a day in his life, and for a long time thinks it's all light shows and mirrors.
This is, in fact, misinformation. Satan knows that Ki exists he's just got horrible PTSD because a Ki user killed his master in front of him.

Where's that info from? I've never heard of that.

Shonen jump interview. Satan's master made fun of Tao's hairstyle and got murdered by him.

dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Satan
>When Mark was young, he attended a fighting dojo called "Satan Castle." Through a combination of considerable power and good luck (his rival fighting opponent would get food poisoning, for instance), he quickly became world champion and was called "Mr. Satan" after the name of his dojo. One day when they were on tour, at a bar in South City, Satan and his martial arts master made the mistake of making fun of Mercenary Tao's hairstyle. As a result, Mr. Satan was heavily injured while his master was killed. From then on, Mr. Satan solemnly swore never to fight anyone whose true identity he did not know, or anyone who seemed crazy strong.
>Saikyō Jump #6, 2014
Please read up on this stuff.

Does anyone even still have that one?

You mean QS's Pokemon Trainer Jump that lets a jumper develop Garevoir-level powers?

>Please read up on this stuff.
Thanks, but No Thanks. I'l just stick with my shoddy memories of the original English dub.

The power level of the Psychic Perk has always been the same I think.
You mean the one with the Save option?
Here.

Ah, well then I can't force you to do it, but don't be surprised when stuff like this shoots your arguments in the foot again okay user.

Save State could easily cost 1000 CP, and I'd still buy it.

>call in Decade
I'm a little preoccupied fighting the absolute worst the Megaten jumps have to offer, please leave a message after the agonized screaming

First of all, that's another guy. There's, I think, two of us talking in support of Satan right now. Second, what argument would that be?

My argument is that Satan is the strongest guy who doesn't know how to use ki, and he could potentially beat Krillin in a situation where neither of them can use any ki at all.
But that can't happen, because Krillin uses ki all the time so it's basically reflex. Some other user up there mentioned passive ki enhancement, which sounds about right for what Krillin's got going on. It's really easy for him. So easy that it would actually be harder for him to stop. I think he'd really have to work hard to bring himself down to Satan's level as far as ki goes.

I guess you could argue that maybe Krillin isn't passively using ki and he somehow learned to deflect bullets without paying attention just by flexing really hard, but at that point all we're doing is debating fanwank. Until Krillin starts stating outright whether he is or isn't using ki at any particular moment, we'll never know.
But given that Satan's whole thing is "World Martial Arts Champ who can't use ki", and Krillin's is "Strongest human in the world who CAN use ki", I still stand on that argument.

On the other hand, if my argument is supposed to be "I didn't know Satan's master got killed by Tao, and that makes my only tangentially related logic invalid", well, that's pretty dumb.

Cute like my heart doesn't need these feels it's so sweet/adorable. Give me something to feel.

Mimigas are pretty cute, so you could go to Cave Story. They also tend to die horribly, so that's something to feel about?

I change my mind. Got any cute waifus?

I was talking about the fact that Krillin is a traditionally trained martial artist in addition to his own Ki training. Thus in a match with Hercule, and Ki equalized to Hercule's level, would be much more even than you seem to be led to believe. In addition to his training under Roshi he was raised in the same kind of environment that made Hercule. Krillin also fights whilst in Multi-Form so even being depowered, though never to the point that this would take him, is something he isn't unfamiliar with.

Taking him back to the level he was at before Ki stuff, which was taught after the foundations of Turtle Martial Arts were taught, would only make him an expert trained by one of the oldest and most skilled martial artist ever with great potential. So somewhere around the level of Jackie Chun would be about right.

>So somewhere around the level of Jackie Chun
You mean the guy who blatantly used his ki in novel ways including hypnosis and paralysis?

Do you mind if they're already taken, or will be by the time the jumps over?

Well, another user mentioned Melancholy of Haruhi, Yuki's pretty cute there. She's got kindof a Rei from Evangelion vibe, except with actual reasons to live and desires. Also she likes video games apparently. She's kindof a robot, though. Don't know if that's a dealbreaker.

Not really, that's fine.

Doesn't matter, as long as they're cute. I'm in need to cute girls.

Why does the OOTS jump offer 100 gold for CP and act like it is a lot of money? That is chump change for an adventurer!

Jackie Chun used the Kamehameha in his match against Goku. It's a pretty significant part of the fight, in fact, given that Goku copies that technique off him almost instantly. I don't really think there was ever a point where he wasn't able to use ki.

For an adventurer, sure. For a random peasant or some shit it's actually a lot of money. Do you know how long you can shack up at an inn with 100 gold?
I still agree with you, it's a pretty bad thing to spend CP on.

I'm not sure if you understand what I'm talking about but Jackie Chun (Master Roshi's Stage Name) never uses energy attacks outside of one instance while fighting Goku.

See above. Also Goku had already copied the Kamehameha off Roshi during the Fire Mountain arc.

I cannot cite the times in which he trained with great Master Mutaito either I'd guess?

I hate when jumps offer trivial amounts of money for CP, most of the origins (adventurer, Rival, NPC with class levels) should reasonably have more than that but including that option means you have to pay CP just to be what your origin considers destitute!

>I'm not sure if you understand what I'm talking about
I do. I also remember him using both hypnosis and paralyzing ki techniques (these were both big deals pointed out when he used them), and user is also correct that Chun uses the Kamehameha to blow up the moon when Goku sees it and starts to become an Oozaru.

Eh? Dude just look at the non-Ki training Krillin has gone through. Not that other dude but Krillin goes through a lot of shit to get where he is during the World Tournament arc. Non of this was with Ki btw.

youtube.com/watch?v=wjrk9TBsS9c

Off the top of my head;
>Nia [Gurren Lagann]
>Starfire [Teen Titans]
>Ruby, Velvet, and Penny [RWBY]
>Noel [Blazblue]
>Melfina [Outlaw Star]
>Filia [Skullgirls]
>Zatanna, and Miss Martian [Young Justice]

All the D&D jumps have serious issues, it's probably a hard thing to make a jump for.

Gonna have to rec Cave Story again.

Don't hide your feelings user