I'm in

I'm in
1) an 7-8 player campaign
and
2) There's a narcissist dominating all the social interactions

should I just bail, guys?

>7-8 player campaign

Jesus. How long do combats take?

Details, man, or I'm gonna guess you're That Guy and angry at being overshadowed

You try telling your GM that this person is ruining it for you yet?

forever. But you get used to that

Not much to say. I played today and it was 30+ minutes waiting just listening to this guy interact with the DM. Every game I've played with him around has been like this. His character is so highly stated for cha he's able to dominate virtually every encounter

said guy is liked at the table, I doubt I'd get very far

1) Too many players.
2) That's annoyingly impressive.
3) Yes.

Dumb frogposter

Tell your GM.
Don't phrase it as "That dude is talking too much", phrase it as "I want to do more during social scenes".

Kill him (the character not the player) Go full evil

at 8 players, is it even worth it? I feel like even with something like that happening the size is too damn big

yes

How to get kicked out of a session in 2.5 milliseconds

Seriously though OP, you could try telling the guy how this makes you feel, maybe he just doesn't realize it.

>Its 8 fucking people

Just for that reason you should bail, if the group was good then do it in the most polite way posible and walk out the door.

Everyone saying 'jesus christ on a cracker 8 players' is correct

With 8 players you need to get another GM and split into 2 games.

I guarantee at LEAST 3 of those players feel the same way that you do about being overshadowed and I guarantee the GM would be thankful to lose a few players

imo anything past 6 players only works if you have party callers and are in a campaign like an old school dungeon crawl

the funniest thing is that there's a guy at the table who claims to have run 20 person games. I mean, what the fuck?

Your campaign is too big by a large amount, you screwed up regardless of the narcissist

>2) There's a narcissist dominating all the social interactions
Dominate him.

Yeah, show him who's boss by giving him a handy under the table.

I think a game with 8 or even more players would be pretty goddamn magical if it worked well. I feel like when most people say that too many players is bad, they should be saying that a lot of players is too much effort to get right. Effort in this case weighing more to the players' responsibilities than the GM's.

Seduce their mother, make them call you daddy. Ground him during sessions as his mum blows you as you play.

Or maybe get over it and deal with it.

Do you have fun?
If not then leave

>His character is so highly stated for cha he's able to dominate virtually every encounter
Is he playing a high charisma character because he's narcissistic, or does he appear as such because he's playing a high charisma character? I feel like this is an important distinction to make.

Find him after the game and mount him.

At any party size over 5 the DM doesn't care. He's the DM equivalent to the guys on Roll20 who apply at the last minute or play for exactly one game, they don't care if the players are having fun as long as they are.

Just bail, its a bad DM and probably some bad players.

A 7 player game might be manageable if the GM is a fucking master at management and can give every player a chance to be in the spotlight.

If that isn't happening, talk to them about splitting the group, and/or keeping a couple PCs in rotation. Otherwise it's a waste of everyone's time.

That's the DM buddy

The mature adult option is to bail out. The stupid grognard option is to turn a few players against him, gang up, and kill his PC. One avoids you being a dick, but the other might give you a fun story and a few laughs. Choose carefully.