True Neutral or Chaotic Good?

True Neutral or Chaotic Good?

True. He's not trying to fuck things up for regular people, he just doesn't give a fuck.

True Stupid.

CN, leaning to CG. He is all about freedom, and considers piracy as just having the freedom to go on adventures. He isn't out to help people, mostly he fights villains just to help his friends, but he will drop whatever he's doing to kick a slaver in the head and free random slaves.

Chaotic delicious hunk of fuckmeat

luffy has gone out of his way to help people that he had no reason to, though.

like fucking up buggy's town, or usopp's town, or wapol

By default, most Anime protaganists are CG.

>I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!
I'd almost say chaotic neutral leaning chaotic good, if only because he beats up most of the people he hates and most of the people he hates just happen to be bad guys. He'd also have the "gullible" and "quick to make friends" flaw, because he also beats up people his friends hate.

CG.

He takes requests, but only takes requests from people who have the balls to ask for it.

>Chaotic
He's actually extremely consistent in his behaviour.

>neutral
He doesn't believe in balance.

So he's imbalanced but has a consistent moral agenda. Chaotic Good.

Though, personally speaking, if we're gonna give him an alignment here, it's gotta be straight up Gruul colors.

Is it still going? I stopped after Enies Lobby. Did I miss much, or not at all?

Ok, Luffy is RG
Zoro is BW
Nami is B
Ussop is UG
Sanji is WR
Chopper is UG
Robin is U
Franky is UR
Brook is R

There was a time skip after a total loss on the SHs. It's

after enies lobby?
>franky joined
>a skeleton man named brook joined up
>luffy's crew got wiped by the marines, split up
>luffy broke into marine prison to try and save his brother, then worked with whitebeard and the fishman pirate captain to break into marineford(marine HQ) to fight the WG directly
>ace died protecting luffy from the admiral
>whitebeard died
>blackbeard somehow stole his fruit powers, giving himself two fruit powers somehow
>timeskip happened
>the crew reunited
>they went to fishman island, fucked up an asshole
>declared war on one of the yonkou(big mom)
>went to donflamingo quixote's base island
>fucked him up
>now they're in big mom's base, trying not to get brutally murdered

Chaotic Neutral, but with good leanings.

In general, Pirates versus Marines seems to be Chaos vs Law, to me. And the Good/Evil split varies among them, you have Lawful Evil marines (e.g. Akainu) as well as Lawful Good (ish) ones like Aokigi or Fujitora, while you also have Chaotic Good pirates (Shanks) or Chaotic Evil ones (Killer, Eustass).

T/N

Luffy isnt good, hes just not an asshole.

True Neutral.

Theres only his side which matters, in the end.
However, he will fight everyone he thinks is causing too much problems to ordinary people and restricting their changes for freely choosing destiny and what to do.

He will topple governments, take down petty thiefs, banish pirate captains, slavers, yet go against rightfully angered civilians during civil war if needs call.

most of the time he will bail the fuck out.

Chaotic good. Luffy does what he wants and only what he wants. The world is just lucky that what he wants to do is party and that shit heads get in the way of that.

Chaotic Neutral. Anyone arguing he's Chaotic Good forgot all about Skypiea, where he was perfectly happy to just grab the gold and run for it. (The people were all right with it, yeah, but he didn't know that.)

>Zoro is BW

More BR. Zoro has really no connection to order and morality or working for the greater community. If he does something, it's because he feels like it, be it his loyalty to the crew or his refusal to hurt women coming from his old emotional hangups. Similarly, Nami has a strong sense of R running through her.

And how is that Good and not Neutral?

Yeah but it's not what he's about. He didn't go to those places to do those things, he just beats down bad stuff that pisses him off when he finds it.

He only did any of those things because he made friends with someone in there: a dog, Usopp, and Chopper, respectively.

I only watched the dub, but wasn't that mostly played for comedy in a: "Oh shit we did the hero thing too big! Errr... start swiping shit made of gold from the golden city! Yeah, now we're pirates again!"

If anything, that fits actual active neutrality: too much good, gotta do a bit of evil to compensate.

Chaotic Neutral leaning Good, he has less than zero respect for rules, conventions or anything else that would restrict his freedom. He does exactly what he wants whenever he wants to, rarely considering how this is likely to impact other people. He fights the bad guys, but most of the time that is because they are in direct opposition to his own goals or have wronged people that he cares about or empathises with.

Maybe it's not even so much that though, maybe it's just as soon as it becomes personal. Luffy doesn't care about cities, nations, empires or organisations, he only seems to care once it becomes about a person.

In the original they just do it because they want the gold.

>Forgetting about Luffy's second brother who has now mera mera

Lawful Good
He has a code, and he's a good person who helps those in need

>lawful = having a code
In absolute honesty, there are very few things in alignment- or even RPG-related discussions that trigger me as much as this.

He has a code, but it's a code that endorses freedom and appeals to the self over that of society.
He declared war on the world government for fucks sake because as far as he was concerned "making a point about friendship" was more important. Not to mention in-universe pirates almost represent "chaos" while the marines represent "law".

A lawful pirate is still a pirate, especially in a world where the the big difference between pirates IS what codes and ethics they follow while rejecting the established world.

I think the point was more that even the government couldn't stop him from reuniting with and helping his friends.

I'd put Luffy in chaotic good. he does what HE thinks is the right thing, and fuck everyone who goes against him.

He's chaotic neutral.

Read monk's description, they're forced to be lawful, but that is all dependant on their code. Alignments are shit, what did you expect?

The lawfulness of monks comes from strict philosophy and adherence to discipline, not some code of honor.

>He declared war on the world government
Because they were, to his mind, trying to take away his friend. Fuck the world, to his mind. She's part of his crew.

>Luffy doesn't care about cities, nations, empires or organisations, he only seems to care once it becomes about a person.
Doubly so if it's one of his friends. He refused to listen to Princess Vivi's backstory because he's either too stupid or legitimately doesn't care. All that matters is that Vivi is his friend and that she's in trouble, so he will drop everything to help her. He even socked Vivi in the face when she was angsting about bringing the Straw Hats into her country's struggle, shouting at her that they're friends and to let them do what friends do. Luffy ultimately cares about his and his friends', which is a hallmark of neutral characters: caring for nothing beyond his core circle.