Games that are worth a damn

So then assgoblins I need to say.

I am not sure what I want to play.

I have done D&D to death, from 3.5 to 5
I did the Stars RPG Saga edition and I saw it was fine.
I ran Ironclaw for furries and no one survived.
I ran World of Darkness from Changeling to Wraith
How many more can I take
Chronicles; Changeling to Vampire and everything in between
It feels like in my games, there is little more to be seen.

Please, I would like know.
Do you have any other games to show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wES5ufXETdE
youtube.com/watch?v=wMOPI-Cz4c0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Traveller is pretty great.

Tactical Waifu.

GM with 22 years experience here. (22 of GMing, more of playing).

Use Dungeon World system, but use it in your own setting. Just steal the core of the rules, if you're a regular dm/gm I'm sure you know how to do that.

It's 2d6+appropriate mod, 6- = fail with consequences 7-9 = success but with consequences, 10+ = pure success.

Only players roll.

It is one of THE greatest systems I have ever played. The entire dw book is like a manual on how to be a great gm. The only bad advice I found in there was to split up your players as a 'move' you can make. That's always a terrible idea, unless its VERY temporary, like split them up but in the same room, to solve a trap puzzle.

Other than that, no warnings

The system is built to make amazing narrative with very even pacing and lots of interaction.

Let your players make up as much or as little as you like while still having as much control as GM as you want - but if you're stuck for an idea or etc. you can actually ask a player 'what is here?' or 'why is that?' and have what they say become reality.

I know what I'm saying isn't going to make complete sense without having read the rule book but trust me - its worth your time.

The rule book reads pretty bland and unappealing, that's VERY deceptive. I wasn't impressed by the actual book itself -- until I actually TRIED the system.

Blew me away.

I almost feel like I could never go back to a pass-fail dice system ever again. (Like anything d20, or d100.)

Another system I bought where players do all the rolling is cypher system but I haven't tried it yet.

will check it out. GM of 5 years I turn 20 in a month.

Only reason why I haven't is that Dungeon world does't have the rights to sell to Australia, apparently there was a Copyright troll here and they don't want to pay him royalties.

Cyberpunk 2020 is a simple yet engaging system that manages to capture the genre perfectly, and is very easy to finagle into doing what you want, but has the right level of crunch to it.

This is a Virtpost done in the classical style but with the Cypher System as a new twist. Honestly I've never seen one quite so authentic in recent times. It might actually be the real deal.

>Virtpost
>Virtualoptim

>Let your players make up as much or as little as you like while still having as much control as GM as you want - but if you're stuck for an idea or etc. you can actually ask a player 'what is here?' or 'why is that?' and have what they say become reality.

yuck desu

Circlejerking is fun sometimes. But if thats what people wanna do, just use hillfolk.
youtube.com/watch?v=wES5ufXETdE

>Let your players make up as much or as little as you like while still having as much control as GM as you want - but if you're stuck for an idea or etc. you can actually ask a player 'what is here?' or 'why is that?' and have what they say become reality.
They'll just look at you dumbly because if they had any creativity at all they'd be GMing.

>I mean not everyone can bullshit their way through an adventure.
>Only a few elite Ubermensch have the mental capacity to DM

Its people like you that scare people off from RPGs

This. OP what you want is Dungeon World

It's pretty much the best RPG currently out there. It has fast easy to use mechanics and is perfect for beginners, it's a lot cheaper than most of these other rules bloated systems that cost fifty dollars. There is no reason for extra rules when it is he role playing that matters. Dungeon World is fast and innovative and still feels

exactly like the spirit of ADND before DnD 3.5 destroyed the hobby and ruined a generation of role players.

You want fast, intuitive combat? Dungeon World does that.

You want real, deep roleplaying mechanics? Dungeon World does that.

You want great mechanics that reward diversity of play? Dungeon World does that as well.

My last session of Dungeon World my human fighter wrapped a vampire in a bear hug and wrestled him out a window. This is real roleplaying we are talking about here, not babby 3.5 shit. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Dungeon World today, it is an evolution and perfection of the half-formed ideas in Apocalypse World (the game it is derived from)

When you post the same pasta every day, it loses its effectiveness much more quickly.

You need to learn how to space it out.

This tbqh famalam. Traveler is legit a lot of fun.

>first post mentions Traveller

Good thread.

But yeah, having a look at Mongoose 2e is a good place to start if you want a taste.

Play Barbarians of Lemuria, Tales from the Loop, Small Towns, or Engineheart. Stop playing bloated 100+ page messes, start playing lighter games.

OP I got a game for you
It uses a d6 or two
It's an indie thing I kinda like
Goes by the codename Strike!

The book itself won't make you drool
but at least the fights are cool.
Fast, simple, deep and quite fun
As long as you know tactics 101

You can use it to play anything,
if you like tactical positioning,
and don't mind making your own fluff,
but simulationists can eff right off

I know it needs a lot of tweaking
and it's just my gamism speaking
but I can't help but shill this game
I'm Strikefag; it's in the name

Learn spanish and play aquelarre

+Set in medieval spain
+Good vs evil in a christian fashion but with other venues like the reconquista, the pagans...
+you can incarnate a jew
+the manual is cool as fuck, resembling a medieval codex

>Engineheart
Good man

If you like choose your own adventure games this series is good.

youtube.com/watch?v=wMOPI-Cz4c0

That's one mighty shitty font. Should at least do like WFRP and keep the fancy font for big titles and shit, and the main text with a normal font.

TRAVELLLEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRR

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2e

Shadowrun

It really did...

That is one badass fucking manual.