Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Tell me about your polearm users. Lucerne hammers! Glaives! Elven branched spears! Do you think they're any good?

Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/1CSgeLAT
pastebin.com/SYcfHh6L
pastebin.com/RS9g08i7
pastebin.com/dNmVFt4t
strawpoll.me/13254543
docs.google.com/document/d/1Ok-SUykx6s891dxdccwYBjm0MyVuTrstxtduVAHoCfc/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

much better with polearm dancer and dex to damage

I used to have a couple of players who tried to use a polearm/trip build.

When they found out that I used the Critical Hit deck, they usually changed their minds.

Before anybody jumps down OP's throat for reverting to /pfg/, we actually have a solid reason for it. you can find Starfinder General (/sfg/) here:

You really need to give this up dude. It's going to end up together. I'm going to post reveals and all that in both threads anyway

I DON'T BELIEVE IN FATE OR DESTINY OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT user, I LOVE YOU AS YOU ARE, RIGHT NOW, TODAY.

I'm not OP; I actually was a support of the /pgg/ thing. The trick is, if they're separate threads, having one doubled up threat and one solitary one is just a bad idea

What you love is an illusion. Go and find something real, for both our sakes.

The whole thing is compatible with Pathfinder, so for me, being here to help people know what and how to bring over will be important

>The whole thing is compatible with Pathfinder,
Believe me, I appreciate you helping with that. I'm going to be trying to make conversions of most of the Pathfinder base classes when Starfinder comes out ("Most", given that a few classes are going to be made entirely superfluous by Starfinder classes) so help with that would be great. If you'd like to talk over skype or discord to divy up the project, I'd be happy to chat with you.

Maybe when I'm not so sleepy and can remember my log in. Anything in particular you want to bring over? Get a discussion going and maybe a few people will join you at this hour

Real new thread:
Report and ignore this /pfg/ anime shit.

From what I gather so far, the system is changing more than 3.5 to PF did, so it'd need more conversion than that.

Nah, the only reason I'm not in bed yet is because I'm talking to you; we can carry this on when we're both more awake.

I'm personally planning on converting the Hunter, Psychic, Sorcerer, and Summoner over, or at least those were the ones I'd intended before I realized there might be someone willing to actually turn this into a project with me.

For now, though, sleep.

Why? Why do you purposefully create a second thread and thus spam the board? YOU are the shithead, you realize this yes?

How well would an avowed port over?

Spiriting of the Flower Court got a new chapter!
>1: Mouse and Vandread pastebin.com/1CSgeLAT
>2: Ichabod gambles for his freedom pastebin.com/SYcfHh6L
>3: Derrin tries to shag a ghost pastebin.com/RS9g08i7
>4: Witch meets a band of drunkards pastebin.com/dNmVFt4t (part 1)

Which one did you like the most, and why? Did you change your opinion on any of the characters after reading it?

Where's the fic where Spidget gets turned into a cute mousegirl in thigh-highs?

I may or may not have an entire story arc's worth of content planned after chapter 4 is done
Spidget it not in it

>Only one week until Ensoulment finally closes
This is it
The final day approaches

Why have you forsaken Spidget?

Wait until you see the next meme game.

>Wist runs a meme game
>celebs instantly apply

Calling it now.

Is anyone using anything from the Adventurer's Guide?

Will we get new celebs from the accepted Ensoulment apps, though? who do you think will be the final party?

>Wist runs a level 8 lewd slave trader game
>Plays all the slaves

I don't think I can remember a single instance of a celeb becoming a celeb by virtue of being picked.

Popular apps emerge during the app period, and the unremarkable ones stay unnoticed even if they're chosen.

2hu got into HR because of nepotism.

>"I wonder what my son is doing"
>he still doesn't know
It hurts so bad

I think 'celebs' come from repeated picks and repeated interesting apps.

Thats how Wist and Broodie and Slow and basically all of RotJR so on and so forth got noticed.

2hu was a celeb long before.

Your reply would have nothing to do with my point even if you were right, though.

Remember to vote on how the threads should go!

strawpoll.me/13254543

Who do you want to get in, user? Are there any apps that you find extra interesting? Illaria is really growing on me

didn't chalice picks get announced a few days ago? most of them have ensoulment apps, don't they?

Nobody cares about Chalice.

>Will we get new celebs from the accepted Ensoulment apps, though? who do you think will be the final party?
Could you pleae go to the cancer thread with that, at least while it still lives?? No reason to shit up the /pfg/.

I actually like Marche a lot as kind of a default grounded knight style

Giancarlo is pretty neat, i'm a sucker for gamblers
Alexander I really like, just for the simple farmboy hero type
Sibyl is great and adorable
Rae brings an interesting flavor
Illaria is kind of fun, a simple hedonist can't go wrong.

I'm kind of intentionally ignoring the celebs, I don't really like any of them. Though Takashi seems fun, Rinta is solid, I really don't give a shit about Derrin or C3.

There'll be some interesting picks for sure, I wouldn't be surprised if only 1, or even none of the picks are 'known' names

Marche is my dark horse pick too. Page 2 might be overlooked for good reason but I think there's going to be at least one pick for redemption since Protag opened up the possibility and very little competition.

Reminder that Marche did nothing wrong

Illaria is pretty cool and very interestingly written as well, I like what her author did also Surge is the drawfag so that would be real neat to have on board
Ichabod is pretty interesting as well, I honestly like him for the "gambler" role better than Giancarlo.
Witch is just very good overall, both how she's written and her type. Role-wise, she is definitely the better healer over Sibyl.
Rae can definitely be an interesting addition, that "forbidden arts" thing strikes a chord with me, but I really feel she needs better/alternate art that shows her face (just like Ichabod pre-edit).

Rinta is pretty good, Jericho is pretty good, Itsuko is pretty good, Derrin is okay, C3 is okay. I'd be fine with either of them, honestly. Basketball is a shit meme.

What happened to Ceraphine? No one even mentions her when listing memes or celebs anymore

She's boring

>Basketball is a shit meme

You're a shit meme user-kun

I hate you all so much.

Why

I might be a shit meme, but I still make good memes :^)

Damn. You've got me there

Lazmodan might be king, but let me tell you, slamming down a 1000+ dunk from DOWNTOWN is pretty damn choice.

Azmodunk 2017

AZMODUNK

Honest question. Has anyone here ever read the Trailblazer ruleset? Anyone ever used some of TB's ideas in Pathfinder?

I find the TB Action Points system to be a masterpiece. There's so much customization and teamplay built into their progression that I'm amazed no one else thought to do it like that. And their Fighter class is really top-notch as a pure weapon master.

I really think they only fucked up on Iterative Attacks, but that's me.

But user, DOWNTOWN is a bunch of japanese oldfags who get beaten with sticks for our enjoyment, and basketball is STILL a shit meme

Could you upload that shit?

I'm curious tell me more.

t. Salty Aroden fanboi

Mad that you got fucking dunked on to death, bitchboi?

>part 1
Will we ever get to know if Witch's carpet matches her curtains?

Hopefully never

If I want to make a Magus devoted to primarily doing damage should I go Str or Dex?
What about archetypes?

Get something with a high crit range, like a rapier. Magus does very little except damage, so it doesn't really need too much customization, just a shitton of >shocking grasp everywhere. Alternately, the Eldritch Archer is a very solid choice for bow memes, and builds easily into AA if you want to grab some of that.

a-are you implying she doesn't have a carpet!?
user-KUN YAMETE

I hope that worthless shitty character doesn't get in, I hope c3 doesn't get in, I hope we can put these awful, overmemed, not even fun or interesting characters behind us

that's not very nice of you, user
you shouldn't get angry at others just because your app is an NPC

We're all NPCs user.

I just hope people get in that actually make sense in the context of the game as presented.

Holy fuck how did people not get the 'REPRESENT AN IDEAL' thing.

Also It really boils my britches to see creators hitch characters togehter in the app process, like Itsuko and Witch have both been sloppily stapled to c3 (itsuko much more blatantly and stupidly)

Discord was a fucking mistake.

Can't you create a separate thread for your celeb shitposting about appz appz appz appz appz?

No.

Witch+C3 was never more than memes though? Unlike itsuko whose app is edited with it.

I guess I'll just go discuss Pathfinder somewhere people discuss Pathfinder, then.

It was better when there was both the /pgg/ and the /pfg/ and the cancer stayed in /pgg/.

Is Righteous Reviewanon around?

I dont think so, burgers are still asleep

How do you handle flight/underwater in combat and other 3d situations?

What does /pfg/ think of Fantasy craft?

I consider it to be a better balanced game, but it suffers from the fact that everything is homogenized, and the dev team is slower than a glacier. The fact that it has such a small community is another problem. There's no content flow, so nobody gets interested, so nobody plays it, and it's a damn shame.

So, I know that this got glossed over because the only people who looked at it only saw that PLD was getting a soft extension, but Vult posted another homebrew class of his. No longer just an archetype, and quite a bit less hitty.

docs.google.com/document/d/1Ok-SUykx6s891dxdccwYBjm0MyVuTrstxtduVAHoCfc/edit?usp=sharing

>everything is homogenize
I hear this all the time.
Do people actually think it's good for a game to have 3+ subsystems in it that all achieve the same goal and could be done easily with the same framework?

Anyone have any suggestions for a sword sage gestalt build?

Can you tell us more about the campaign and available resources?

No, but if the only difference between your +2 bonus and mine is that the fluff is different, then there's not much of a point, is there?

Stalker* sorry.

Meant stalker sorry, rather high stat capacity. 18,17,16,15,14,13. Pretty much everything that can be found on the OGL. Heard Daevic can be good, but, I nor my DM have access to the books.

Well, yes, the +2 bonus has mechanical importance, how you want to represent it ought to be up to the player.

If I plan to run Rise of the Runelewds, are there any other books I should read or hand to the players, such as Campaign Setting or Companion books?

Objectively true, but subjectively uninteresting and just fucking meh. We know it's not true.

Telling them to read up on varisia might be good.

>That stat spread

Jesus Christ, you could make anything with that array and it will be good.

As for the Stalker? It's a fine enough class, Brutal Slayer is especially valued by people who want to really pump up their muscles. It kind of suffers from being a 3/4 BAB class and having a clear "this is the rogue" bend to it, but that can be excused if you're really going to tough it out.

I guess the question we need to ask is, what is your concept? What do you want to play? If you can make anything from the OGL and you have that array, you can literally play anything.

Can't hurt to give out the RotRL Player's Guide and maybe the Varisia Campaign Setting. I say maybe because, personally, you could have a character from the Land of the Linnorm Kings or even Taldor wind up in Sandpoint and it wouldn't feel too out of place.

So my advice is give the Player's Guide, give Varisia Campaign Setting, but suggest they go to PathfinderWiki and begin to drill for lore. The site used to be atrociously slow, but it's downright zippy now. Use it!

So come up with your own thing rather than rely on the game?
That +2 bonus is not gonna be the same thing on a fighter as a cleric as a wizard. Personally, I'd rather have a game where a +2 is something of note enough to have it's own story behind it for the character that has it.

Tell me about Irrisen, /pfg/. What are the witches like? What is Baba yaga's end game? are any of them cute?

Actually hadn't even thought about the brutal slayer... two hander barbarian might be interesting. I tend to enjoy playing bruisers.

If you want to be a bruiser and want to have stalker on one side (I totally recommend Brutal Slayer, because it's kickass) then I'd recommend going with a full BAB class on the other side. You'll be hard pressed to find something better than Barbarian for this:
>The two most important saves being good saves
>Full BAB on Stalker
>Strength bonuses from both sides (Rage is Morale while Brutal Slayer gets Profane bonuses)
>capable of some seriously ridiculous crit fishing bullshit
>d12 HD, the best in the game
>Capable of using Fool's Errand to make people Flat-footed, thus opening them up to your Brutal Strikes ability
You'll be following the Paths of the Swole.

Stalker (Brutal Slayer) with the Brutal Assault stalker art is something beautiful, and Barbarian works gloriously.

Be prepared for instances in combat where you're getting a +8 strength bonus from Brutal Assault and Rage.

New to 3.5 and PF, what options do you have when you fall prone? It seems to me that standing up is the worst option ever, but being prone gives you penalties that also make it awful as fuck. What should I do? everytime an enemy trips me or downs me (and a friend heals me back) if I try to stand up I end in the ground again wasting my friends heal or my turn

you can still take a 5-foot step while prone. this should allow you to roll out of your opponent's reach and THEN stand up, unless it's a big motherfucker, in which case you need team support.

>you can still take a 5-foot step while prone

No, you can't.

To put it simply, Irrisen is a Hans Christian Andersen fairytale Russia gone terribly, terribly wrong. It's a land of eternal winter ruled over by the haughty, imperious Jadwiga (a unique ethnic group, flagrantly Russian, who are descended from the Queens of Irrisen and thus descendants of Baba Yaga) who command legions of evil Fae and lord over their Ulfen subjects, as the lands of Irrisen were once the Lands of the Linnorm Kings until the events of the Winter War. Life sucks here, it really fucking sucks. The Queens of Irrisen, as they are always Queens, are the daughters of Baba Yaga - as in, first-generation daughters, Baba Yaga being their mother. They rule for exactly 100 years until they are forcibly replaced by Baba Yaga herself, the Queen whisked away to "somewhere else" and a new daughter taking her place.

As for Baba Yaga's end goal? This is a bit of a spoiler for Reign of Winter, but the truth is she doesn't have an end goal. Irrisen is one of those ant colonies to her, a fun little social experiment to see if Humans given immense power and her own special rules for inheritance and succession would become noble, overcoming their base greed and trying to better the realm. It has failed spectacularly so far, something that gives Baba Yaga no shortage of shame nor amusement.

My GM says that to do that I need to roll Acrobatics vs CMD, I did it a couple of times but CMD seems to be pretty high and I never pass it, so they get a free attack on me and down me again

Dunno for monsters but for players it seems like once you get downed once, is over, you better fake death or something because you aren't going to get up in a while

>Take 5-Foot Step

>You can move 5 feet in any round when you don’t perform any other kind of movement. Taking this 5-foot step never provokes an attack of opportunity. You can’t take more than one 5-foot step in a round, and you can’t take a 5-foot step in the same round that you move any distance.

>You can take a 5-foot step before, during, or after your other actions in the round.

>You can only take a 5-foot-step if your movement isn’t hampered by difficult terrain or darkness. Any creature with a speed of 5 feet or less can’t take a 5-foot step, since moving even 5 feet requires a move action for such a slow creature.

>You may not take a 5-foot step using a form of movement for which you do not have a listed speed.

Nothing about not being able to do it while prone. Let's check the Prone entry, shall we?

>Prone

>The character is lying on the ground. A prone attacker has a –4 penalty on melee attack rolls and cannot use a ranged weapon (except for a crossbow). A prone defender gains a +4 bonus to Armor Class against ranged attacks, but takes a –4 penalty to AC against melee attacks.

>Standing up is a move-equivalent action that provokes an attack of opportunity.

once again, nothing about 5-foot steps. Therefore, nothing is stopping you from taking one.

Oh! Forgot to mention; if you think white-haired Russians with superiority complexes are cute, than you'd find a Jadwigan cute.

Your GM is ignoring the rules in order to fuck you over, friend.

>Crawling: You can crawl 5 feet as a move action. Crawling incurs attacks of opportunity from any attackers who threaten you at any point of your crawl. A crawling character is considered prone and must take a move action to stand up, provoking an attack of opportunity.

This is why my martials are mermaids.

That doesn't actually appear to be connected to the Prone or 5-foot Step rules in any way. which, really, is weird, but there it is.

RTDM, senpai

Yeah it's in the combat section under move actions for some reason, but evidence that you can always take a 5 foot move action when prone (it's just more of an action and provokes).