/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

The Joke's On You edition

Previous Thread: >FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw List Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator#/rosterCreator

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/kilt-legs-x5-1
youtu.be/8mOAQ7t9JjY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for nerf tau

Would you care if I used an old genestealer broodlord as a GSC patriarch?

third for chaos is the best

Hmm...

How many imperial laws am I breaking right now?

We knew it for quite a while now. even SpikeyBits came late to the conclusion and posted it on their webpage.

How have they changed up the ordinatus ulator gun, is it still the rape machine it is in 7e

Is this legit?

10th for double check your points values with the index because battlescribe is wrong as usual

Quite a few. Enjoy getting your brain erased and be used as a servitor.

Help me decide anons.

Right now I have :

-1 Hive Tyrant
-20 Termagants
-3 Warriors
-10 Gargoyles
-2 Carnifexes
-1 Trygon
-1 Exocrine

What else would fit my army? I have a preference but I want to see of I'm going the right direction

>strike

BAZINGA

+40 thermagants
+20 genestealers
+6 biovores

>really really like the Black Templars
>also really like the scouts

fug :(

Okay so. Praetorians. Yay or neigh?

What ARE Chimera still good for? I have 4 and no Taurox though it seems to be point for point the better choice now. Is there shame shoving 4 Ogryn/Bullgryn in some and driving towards a front?

At the LGS I always have to correct people's armylists they made with Battlescribe, and they are suprised by every option I mention that they couldn't find in there.
And still those retards keep using it ...

Best Regiment, anyone who disagrees is a stiff bottomed bint.

They're pretty resilient now. Use them to drop your guys off and provide supporting fire to intermediate level threats.

Looking to get into Tyranids

Is it feasible to run a list with no troops, or will I need to bring screens of gaunts/genestealers?

Fuck your pretend-british regiment

Good taste user. Cheers!

Too bad I need way too many models for a decent army.

High volume infantry is amazingly good now, get lots of gaunts

Thinking Vic minis with Kilts is the way to go
victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/kilt-legs-x5-1

I wouldn't recommend it. In 8th, if you run all monsters, their anti-tank weapons will fuck you up and their anti-infantry weapons will still be able to ping you for bits of damage, but if you run all swarms, their anti-infantry weapons will sort of kind of fuck you up, and their anti-tank weapons will be a massive waste of points.

Besides, our troops are really good.

DKOK players are actually the gayest players in 40k.

Why's that you ask? Simple. What does DKOK look like when spelt out? Looks like DICK doesn't it?

Then what happens when you try to pronounce it? You get D-KOK. KOK sounding like COCK and D for DICK (again).

So now you know how homosexual the FW PtW resin guardsman army is.

Old NidZilla list could work

spam distraction shooty carniflexes, back it up with flyrants and other fast elite melee units

user. You tried this in the last thread. No one wants to read your poorfag copypasta

(you) nice meme

Still not as gay as DA :^)

Is it worth taking a Seismic hammer of the chainfist when the chainfist only does one less damage but hits at WS 3+ rather than WS 4+?

I have a serious problem. Please send help

Literally the first thing that came into my head on seeing this was Mira..

What's this now?

Why? Do you think Mira even understand sexuality?

IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FUTURE THERE IS ONLY WAR!!!

Not sex!

How do you use Nurglings? as a forward objective camper or speed bump? I got 6-ish.
But never used deamons since 3ed.

Some user saw the vendetta rules coming out. They seem pretty good.

better than the valk good?

Slaanesh got all the rights to sex in the GrimDark

Sex only happen to support the war effort!
Sexy time is for those deviant garden or paradise worlds

I think so. 230 points for 3 twin linked lascannons on a valkyrie chasis with full transport capacity and grav chute rules.

IRON WITHIN
IRON WITHOUT

Are you the SoB shitposter?

Tarpits for enemy shooty units or charge screens for your shooty units

Esdese is that you?

You can deploy Nurglings just over 9'' away from enemy units, then walk foward and charge in your first turn. Even if they don't kill anything they'll prevent most units from shooting

Devilgaunts, a Tervigon, Hive Guard and Genestealers.

Full transport capacity as in 12 troops and not reduced to 6 like it was before?

Hmm. Seems interesting.

>ywn rescue this
>ywn care for and protect this
>ywn fight for the emperor with his

Yeah.
>mfw airdropping bullgryns before blowing up tanks

Jesus

youtu.be/8mOAQ7t9JjY

Just another day in the Imperial Guard

Works for me.
Basically the same thing.

I want to sell some of my BTs. How do?
I know e-bay is a good choice, but do I sell the whole army at once, squad by squad, or individual minis?

Squad by squad

I dunno about you but for all the many flaws 7th had, I feel 8th overcorrected everything, even things that weren't broken. Kind of like removing a tumor with a hatchet.

Now that and more people have played more games/seen more weirdness, is anyone else here feeling that GW somehow made things worse overall?

Same problem. No one seem to want marines.
Might as well use them as Acolyte in power armour.

Oh I can't... guess I'll run them as Acolytes in steroids and use BT rules

>Blessed is the Unholy Name Generator

This also means HQs should be sold individually right ?

Gayniggerous Faggoticators when?

>is anyone else here feeling that GW somehow made things worse overall?
yes i also have brain problems

I'll give you about three fiddy

>Somewhere on Terra theres an entire department of the administratum dedicated to coming up with these names

>is anyone else here feeling that GW somehow made things worse overall?
No, not even remotely.

Right next to the Departmento Sillywalkium

why would adeptus terra censor such a useless information. this is so stupid

>Fear the Adjective NounVerbers, and their NounVerbs of Noun

>harlequin Troupes, the troop unit can take a meltapistol on every model, can fallback, advance, shoot, and charge all in the same turn.

This seems amazing.

Tervigon?

How do I paint faster?

Is it literally just not giving a shit about quality and just getting in the habbit of doing it quickly?

It is

Then you actually play them and they're T3 1W per model. Even with a 4+ invuln, their high cost per model makes you feel the impact of every single failed save.

The are very very bad. From the Diseased Clapwitches to the Corpulent Acneneckbeards, these degenerates plague the English language.

Move the brush more quickly.

Shadowseer support seems critical for them then. Also using Starweavers and Skyweavers to disable overwatch.

>are very, very bad
Buddy

To follow your metaphor, the tumor was so goddamn big and all-encompassing that the decision to operate with an axe was actually a necessary thing to do.

Their vehicles are fragile. T6 and no invuln save means you'll be popped by plasma and meltas

The biggest weakness of Harlequins that nobody talks about is that their characters are very vulnerable. The rest of the army is leaping forward to get into melee as soon as possible... and that leaves shadowseers exposed in the rear, vulnerable to deep strike shooting.

Sure, you can bubble wrap your shadowseers but harlequin units are expensive. Keeping a unit in the back means one less unit on the front line, and you need as many guys up front as possible to tie the enemy down and stop them from blasting you apart with any kind of S4+ shooting.

Not in the least.

Thx, Is swarm rule important thing to remember?

Also this is all I have. Ifter painting that Ill get some shooty stuff.

Get 3 Mawlocs and 9 Raveners so your army looks different from everyone else's.

Possible conflict regarding Dakkafexes.

If you take a Carnifex and remove it's monstrous claws for guns, then replace it's Thresher scythe for a Bone Mace.

Bone Mace says (Page 104 Xenos 2):
"Each time the bearer fights, one (and only one) of its attacks must be made with this weapon."

So far so good, you have to do one and only one attack with this weapon.

The BGB gives rules on page 183 about having a default CCW, and here is the kicker, only "If a datasheet does not list any melee weapons".

Now, since the Dakkafex actually HAS a melee weapon (The Bone Mace) but can't make more than one attack with it because of the Mace's special rules, and also DOESN'T have the "Close Combat Weapon" listed in the rulebook since it already has a melee weapon, this means a Carnifex with no Monstrous Scything Talons and a Bone Mace can only make 1 attack with the Bone Mace and no other attacks.

The question then: Is this intended or a "Most Playtested Ever" edition cockup? Why not just let everything have the option of attacking with base stats, unless they wanted to force powerfistdoods to always have to use it?

>every good sci-fi/fantasy book in existence uses its own vocabulary

That graph is asinine. No surprise considering everything that clown makes is trash.

>plebbit babby points

Jesus that Deldar Archon with 2++ is fucking unbreakable with command point rerolls.

You can't reroll his 2++...

>cannot be rerolled for any reason

It's a >Most Playtested Edition Ever mistake.

Not that it matters much because what the fuck are you doing taking dakkafexes in GLORIOUS MELEE RETURNS edition

Fuck off we already had the discussion last thread.
40k General is becoming ground hog day: the thread.

So the number next to Rapid Fire is how many shots they get normally right? Then you get double that when you are at half range?

So a Storm Bolter is Rapid Fire 2 with a range of 24" meaning you get 2 shots from 24-13 inches away, and 4 shots from 12-2 inches?

So a Dreadnought carrying two storm bolters would have 8 shots when he's 12-2 inches away from his target?
While a heavy flamer does have 1 more strength and 1 more AP value, it only has a range of 8 inches, while I could be throwing out four shots from up to 24" and I'd rather have always eight shots at BS 2+ when I'm 12" or closer rather than 2D6 shots at 8", when 2D6 only has a 25-ish% chance to give me more than 8 shots.

You mean PL? its 1450 for not bad money, got demon pack for 20shekles less than GW price.

I know ints not for turnaments but im not going there anymore. 3 Psykers will be annoying and cool as fuck to play, 5 powers per turn. Hate me, I donk care.

I'll be telling my friend that.

Yes that's how rapid fire works.

The flamer hits automatically.

I agree flamers got hit hard this ed, I honestly think geting it up to 2d6 wont brake the game.

The heavy flamer hits automatically. 8 shots making hit rolls, or 2d6 auto-hits with better strength and AP.

I don't see how your friend could have missed it. It's literally in the same sentence that grants the invuln save. He's either cheating or retarded.

Flamer also hits automatically when firing overwatch, so it's a balanced sidegrade IMHO. Your 2+ BS doesn't do shit for Overwatch.