The Cursed

thecursedrpg.angelfire.com/

I...I don't know what to make of this shit.

The character sheet's ugly as shit, a character's starting wealth is determined by the sum of all their stats (so having good Health makes you poorer?) and there's a whole lotta weird esoterica that feels like it'd be a better alternate setting for nWoD or UA than this system.

>having good Health makes you poorer?
Well you had to spend money to get that health, didn't you?

But how does having a potent Soul make you poor? Is it like UA where hobos are prime magicians?

Oh man, I remember when the Alpha Draconians invaded in 2015 and tried to take over. Crazy times, man.

>The zombie apocalypse setting supplement says that the zombie outbreak was caused by a half-human, half-spirit son of Anansi named Zork.

>mrw

This is my default reaction to most of this shit

This feels like it was written after a very long cocaine binge.

>angelfire.com

I know *exactly* what to make of this shit...

But yeah, it's a character balance thing--characters with good stats get a minor debuff, characters with bad stats get a minor buff. The in-game reasoning would be something something poorfags need to be smarter & tougher just to survive, etc.

I've seen other games make high-stat characters younger, and/or with fewer skills.

Don't think I've ever seen it done exactly like this before...at least with D&D the wealth is determined by your character class.

Would anyone run this? Do we wanna do the FATAL thing and make a character for this game?

Rolled 3, 1 = 4 (2d4)

Fuck it, let's try it.

Rolling for Body.

Rolled 2, 2 = 4 (2d4)

Rollan Health

Rolled 4, 1 = 5 (2d4)

Rolling Mind

Shadowrun does it since you pointbuy both stats and starting wealth, but its indirect rather than direct

Rolled 2, 4 = 6 (2d4)

Rolling Social

Rolled 3, 2 = 5 (2d4)

Rolling Soul

OK, so we got 27 skill points to spend. What do you want to spend it on?

We are roleplayer now
All points in order of importance
1) Perform : Roleplaying
2) Debating (To argue with the GM)
3) Trivia : Role Playing Games

Alright, doing skill calculation

Alright, pick a class.

Classes are Shaman, Mystic, Sorcerer, Summoner,
Psychic, Blessed, Changeling

Is changeling like Magic, where we are considered all classes simultaneously? If so, that. If not, that anyway.

Which kind? There's Fey-stolen, Demon-stolen, and Spirit-found

Wait, shit, demon stolen are NPC only.

Spirit-found. Hopefully we end up with some kind of adopted ghost dad.