/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

Muh Dudes are Muh Girlz edition.

Previous Thread: >FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw List Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator#/rosterCreator

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IcHS2FKQUWsf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Plastic bignid when?

1st for Dread Mobz

I'd come at her.

If you know what I mean.

How do you guys think this rule will play out for the kriegsmen?

we have it. Its ignore shooting casualties to morale

user said in the other thread

basically ignore shooting casualties for the purpose of morale

Smurfs are best army y/y?

Imperium index 2 page 124:
>The Custodian Guard typically deploy straight into battle via the most blessed of teleportarium arrays, appearing in a blaze of pure white light to strike with the force of a lighting storm
>Custodian guard does not have deep strike

That's seriously good. It means Kriegers don't need commissars at all, outside of close combat.

DKOK players are actually the gayest players in 40k.

Why's that you ask? Simple. What does DKOK look like when spelt out? Looks like DICK doesn't it?

Then what happens when you try to pronounce it? You get D-KOK. KOK sounding like COCK and D for DICK (again).

So now you know how homosexual the FW PTW resin guardsman army is.

Oh thanks, didn't see last thread

Nice copypasta

MOST PLAYTESTED EDITION GUIZE!

>her

Hell Talon Bomber rules?

Show me on the doll where the kriegsman hit you with a bayonet

>dick cocks of krieg

youtube.com/watch?v=IcHS2FKQUWsf

The first sisters battle report I've actually seen. Vs an ork horde with cool kommandos.

What's the best knight to deal with tau in 7e, I know my opponent will definitely have a stormsurge and a supremecy suit

Errand? Atrapos?

I wonder how much he had to pay to get someone to tolerate him enough to play against his fetish army

I'm gunna miss them respawning and endlessly marching to the death towards an arbitrary objective of their choosing.

Not that I'll ever be able to buy an okay sized DKoK army ever anyway.

Alright, been wanting to get into 40k for a while, might as well do it with a new edition. Is the list alright in general? The other thing I'm unsure about is the Terminator loadout so any advice on that would be much appreciated.

>Vulture gets 40 shots

Welp. Time to convert one, since the FW model looks like hammered ass.

Thinking of doing a single tail version with ducted tilt rotors. A bit like pic related.

Thoughts?

>7th

Shit, krieg lost the forlorn hope?

Last game before we head over to 8th

Well I mean he's not wrong...

How likely am I to get tabled with this list? Can this be salvaged?

I dunno, sounds like it?

Seems like an important thing to leave out in a faction focus and I don't think the leak user mentioned it.

Any knight can beat tau if you can rush them in CC. Just bring some heavy bolters to kill their few screening units first, and something else threatening so the knight doesn't get blasted off the table. (This wouldn't matter if you played chaos. The LOS is both unstoppable and indestructible. Storm surges eat khornate dick.)

How many pts? And you're ignoring the old ITC "one LOW" restriction? What does the rest of your army look like?

270 points.

I'd hurry the fuck up you're a week late

So whats actually been leaked that we dont already know about?

Biggest problem I see is model count, your infantry will have problems weathering massed small arms fire and holding objectives, then you're going to need more shooting to get rid of enemy troops

Well damn, I guess I'll have to wait until the book cones out.

I'd go with plasmas and claws on terminators. And Talons really, really need a sorc to cast warptime on them. Maybe a DP, if you want.

Where is that confirmed?

This is mostly fine. Theres no need for the chaplain though. Maybe drop him for a rhino to put a tac squad in.

Wait nevermind you meant 7th. What I said was still true, save for the LOS part. (LOS is dogshit in 7th). Atrapos is your Knight/storm surge killer

Yeah it's gonna be Saturday, non of us could make it on the release week

So any tips on the best knight Vs tau please? :)

reposting from the old thread:
just got back from Warhammer World, answering anything I remember about both unreleased indices.

Vultures, Vendettas and 'Cult of Sacrifice' Krieg rules please.

Will be overwhelmed by bodies/10

Anything on the Renegades and Heretics?

Custom orders, said one makes lasguns pistol 2.

Not sure if anything else was mentioned other than that they can take some guard units.

Using the admech war convacation, it's 3k

TELL ME ABOUT KREIG!
WHY DO THEY WEAR THE MASKS?

What did he mean by this?

Lightning Claws and Flamers

I think he said he's a heretic?

Who cares fuck off

Stonecrusher fexes plzzzzzzzzzz

LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A HIRED ARMY

(UUUU)

Anyone know what models those flamer sisters with the weird helmets are?

Look pretty damn neato.

Ok good idea, I really could use some armor for this list

It's a form of handkerchief code. Mask means you're down to fuck.

Appreciate it! I probably should cut the Lascannon Havocs at least, maybe the Chosen as well, to get something better suited to clear out infantry instead.

Forge world Guard index when??

Avenger strike fighter rules?

Don't listen to this user, he's lying. Unless you can cast warp time on terminators, your flamers ain't doing shit turn 1. Same with melta. Plasma is the best bet, and for that you need a lord.

As least they wear the masks instead of going around looking like this

This was the incorrect picture

user at warhammer world who got a look at the index. He didn't get a photo.

I'm not buying any bits until I get the off, but I'm brainstorming.

Oh, and probably swap the Lord out for a Sorcerer for the Warptime.

What model is that

Going through my old orks, realize I have two trakks, and 1 buggy, with a bunch of bits I could easily turn into another buggy. The one buggy is almost completely done (I painted it in the 2nd ed days), so I'm for sure doing it, but either buggys or trakks pretty good for their price in 8th? I have so much shit, I just want to know if it should be a focus at all.

I got 6 deffkoptors which I'm sure to focus on, they look really nice rules-wise, though pricey.

Vendetta is 230 points, with 6 lascannons and full transport capacity as you'd expect. I didn't catch the vulture's stats, but I did see the dual punisher variant gets the full 40 shots. Same statline as the russ's gatling cannon.

Cult of Sacrifice = ignore shooting casualties for morale. Krieg also get a different set of orders, one makes lasguns pistol 2, one make them attack once in melee even if they die. I think the other five are vanilla AM orders. They can take anything artillery from normal AM and give it DKOK as the regimental keyword, and have their own options as well, including grenadiers which are still troops and have carapace armour and hotshot lasguns.

to operate in any toxic environment

Swap some lascannons for rocket launchers. Chosen are decent, but if you want plasma- go with terminators.

I dunno some custom tranny fetish shit someone made I guess

hows the vendetta looking?

R'varna, if you know anything about it.

I kind of want to run a full on Eldar Spirithost,especially now that it's not D-cheese. Spiritseers, Wraithguard, Blades, Lords, Hemlock, maybe a Knight (maybe not).

Will this list be fun to play against or will my opponents hate me?

Will it be any good or is it too low model count to play?

I'd actually recommend the Acheron then, simply so you have at least one cover-clearer for flushing out Markerlights and stuff (though the Drone Net will be problematic.). Use whatever Dragoons you have to tag units with Phosphor to help get charge moves off, and Grav Destroyers to tear holes in his Taunar.

Sicarans can actually tear up his Stormsurge, since it can't overwatch, you have Dunestrider, and you can cast Canticle of the Fist/get Furious Charge off so you wound it on 2s and ignore armor.

If you ally with any tanks, make sure they can outflank. Having tankshockers to clear a road through bubblewrap helps and can be worth sacrificing them.

What's that screenshot from?

Mother of god. You made my day user.

Tabletop Simulator. It's a physics/game engine, and there are tons of 40k models up for it.

Anthing unexpected? Like, new rules for unreleased stuff? I dare not hope, but Custodes shit for 40k would be really nice...

Didn't see the stonecrusher, sorry.
They can give certain AM units Chaos and R&H instead of Imperium and . Still have random leadership. Some v powerful psychic powers, one gives all R&H infantry in 6" re-rolls to charges, hits and wounds in CC, but it's WC10 and does mortal wounds to each affected unit in the end. They also have a stronger smite that you can target but is only 12" range and WC6 instead of 5. Their psykers come in covens of 5+, and you can roll 3d6 for psychic tests at the cost of dying a bit.

Renegade marauders pass LD on a 2+ always, but if you roll a 1 the whole squad flees. They still get spawn as fast attack. 3 different troops, cultists, infantry squads and mutant rabble.

That sounds like a good idea. Missile Launchers seem more flexible and can actually do stuff to infantry as well.

Pask in Punisher or Demolisher? BS 2+ makes me wanna try Demo for the damage since I plan on having Vultures. Pretend the Tank Commander is Pask for +10 points.

literally every sisters player is a tranny

So are Krieg good along with the rest of Guard now?

No one cared who they were untill they put on the masks

Tabletop Simulator. It's a 2000pt game I played against a friend a long time ago. I brought something like 180 models and had just as many deaths but still half that on the table at the end.

It made me really really want a DKoK army.

Fluffwise, Kriegers don't need Commissars at all either, save when they have to be strongly encouraged to make a strategic retreat.

Nothing custodes. They gave rules to the Tau engineering drones - they heal a nearby battlesuit unit for D3 wounds a turn. Might be strong with LoW suits? Idk, not a tau player. The Tau'nar is like 1.2k points now, so closer to a Warhound than a knight - I think that's new?

The Dominus STILL has rules even though there's no model for it, yet they can't give the orks proper rules for half their shit -.-

Corsairs have a rule that lets them roll 2d6 for LD, but it's typo'd and says pick the highest so it's actually terrible. I suppose that's not necessarily a surprise where FW are concerned.

The Marauder looks pretty great, especially the destroyer variant. RAW its Hellstrikes aren't one-use, so it effectively gets to shoot 6 autocannon, 8 krak-only missile launchers, two assault cannons and two heavy bolters a turn, all in a ~420pt flyer package.

The Necron pylon still have skyfire. At least it's only -1 vs ground units now, and the gun otherwise looks pretty sick.

Phantom titan is closer in cost to the Reaver than the Warlord, still have 60 wounds tho

The Tantalus and Reaper both look amazing if anyone cares about DE

So say I wanted to start a Guard army. Should I go for DKoK or Tempestus Scions?

Would play against/10

Tell me about Marshal Karis Venner the DKK special character and the Death Rider Commissar. Do the Mars-Alpha Russ' have any interesting rules?

Truth

How much money you want to burn?

One of my favorite stories, short, sweet, to the point.

Nice samefagging closet tranny

why not both ?