/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

Bell Guy Edition.

Previous Thread: >FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw List Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator#/rosterCreator

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sEKB7pi1mbc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

oh so every time your confronted with your racist, sexist belifes you just move

fucking coward fascist

Kytan rules anybody?

what is the best Dawn of War game that I can buy right now?
pic related. also DoW II is going for 5$

I wish the Chaos Leadership penalties weren't spread out over all the different chaos gods. It'd be cool to run a Tzeentch daemons list that relied on leadership penalties to guarantee a mind control.

To the leaker guy who saw the forgeworld books, did you happen to see the Thudd Guns?
I'm finally biting the bullet and doing Krieg this edition, I just wanna know what direction I need to go.

DoW Dark Crusade is best.

DoW 2 is good too IMO. All expansions and base. Its different though.

What

Dawn of War 1 is considered the best by most people. Just get all the expansions.

Dawn of War 2 is alright. The campaign is an interesting experience, and Last Stand is fun.

I can't speak to Dawn of War 3, only that it seems to be wildly unpopular.

what ?

Depends on what sort of game you want.

incoming faq

the nurgle characters in dark imperium are so shite

This thread is bad, let's go back to the old one and maybe we'll confuse the children.

Stop. Taking. Obvious. Bait.

So the "Bell guy" is worth it or not?
I have 20 poxwalkers and Plaugebeares so I was thinking he can help them get in to position.
Not sure if he work with deamons thou.

Don't you talk shit about my Bee Lives, they dindu nuffin.

the models are fantastic but the rules are sub par

>Trump is Hitler
>Hillary Clinton spent more money for 1 electoral vote in Nebraska than she spent for 26 in Wisconsin and Michigan combined
>the one person that could save us from Hitler failed because shes an out of touch retard

now what? 40k related by the way, the 40k Universe is about this ass backwards if they wouldn't just elect Hitler outright

When did they get rid of this model? It was one of my favorite sculpts but I never got around to buying it.
Feels bad man

Rules-wise? Yes. Their design is aces though.

He only works on Death Guard units, so your plaguebearers won't work.

Great for poxwalkers though.

It's so frustrating that the Lord doesn't have a gun.

long long time ago, when the new meganob models came out i believe

Not really. Morale is silly this phase. Most armies have good ways to ignore it, and a leadership penalty of 1 only amounts to one more model slain if they don't ignore it. Wait until more leadership based abilities appear, like the Shadowseer's grenades. Right now you're better off just buying another unit to shoot things with.

well yeah they look great, currently painting the LoC
just a shame about the rules

There is no definition of an army in the brb.

What's more likely, Gw wanted to add a special limitation on an army that will reduce models sales needlessly or
Gw was too cheap to copy paste every eldar unit entry into the ynari section.

Caster is great, Lord is Typhun anyway, and Bell guy I dont know, it nice PW wepon in Poxwalker blob.

Where are my canoness veridyan rules GW?

WHERE ARE THEY YOU SHITS. She's still in the fucking webstore.

>just released
>already requires TWO FAQs
Most playtested game ever?!

Good quads btw

Actually, if GW wanted the Ynnari rules to behave like the Blood Angels, they could have just copy/pasted the blood angel rules and changed a few words around.

They didn't. They specifically chose to make the Ynnari rule an army wide limitation. Because that's how armies are going to work in 8e: You gain bonuses based on your army wide faction. The Ynnari are just the first of these bonuses, and you'll see more when codexes come out. I can't wait to see you argue though that Grey Knights can use whatever army exclusive chapter tactics Dark Angels get, you waacfag piece of shit.

>B-but we need FAQs!
>See? If I pretend to be retarded, the rules make no sense!

Any opinions on Hellforged Contemptor Dreads? I was thinking of doing some conversions on Calth models since they are only about $20 on eBay....

Well I'd guess so.

THey've changed so many things that this makes the changes between 3-4, 4-5, 5-6, 6-7 taken together look small.

You've probably got an advantage in 8th edition if you haven't played for the last few games even.

That bell guy cost like 50-60 pts, its not enough for shooty and Im taking Poxwalkers anyway.
I agree its weird he have no range wepon or even small aura.

user, doesn't the fact that they are doing that mean they actually give more of a fuck?

Still better than the overall lack of faqs we got in past editions. The price of a mostly fresh start is fresh problems.

What would he even do with it? He could either plink away with his crappy peashooter or get a copy of the Destroyer Hive, because I can't imagine a Nurglite terminator lord being centered around having a huge gun.

She's just a generic Canoness now.

look in the MEGA.

The Calthtemptor is garbage and more hassle than he's worth.

Yet you are the one trying to rules lawyer a wackadoo ruling with no bases in the brb.

No john, you are the monster.

GW A SHIT

I want to make a Drukhari list that is basically a Tantalus, a bunch of raiders and 3 ravagers. All the transports are full of melee units (incubi wyches and bloodbrides). The idea is to fly across the board and crash them into the enemy and then swarm them.

Is Strength from Death or Power from Pain better in this scenario? The only thing swinging it for me is wanted to take Drazhar, but the Yncarne making everyone fearless is also good.

>He could either plink away with his crappy peashooter or get a copy of the Destroyer Hive
Yet he has non of those and for some reason cosnt more pts than named character that is better than him.
If he had meltapistol or something I and many othere wuldnt be kinda salty over him not being Typhus.

I play Ynnari, and I'd include Haemonculous covens if I could, or pick and choose strength from death over power from pain, if I could. I can't, because that isn't the rules. Now fuck off with your nonsense. Army has, and always will, mean "the entire collection of units you're bringing to the battle".

Fucking this.

I honestly don't understand how this shit happens.

GW writes a rule and 90% of people understand it, but there's always that 1 in 10 dickbag who's too autistic to understand basic fucking English and instead chooses his own interpretation (usually benefiting himself).

I already had 14 dreads and I just bought the three pack of Blood Angels dreads from my LGS do I have a problem?

Still no definition in the brb, you waacfags are delusional.

who /wutang-clan/?

Yes. You dont have enough Dreads

Ran my all dread army for the first time today.

Leviathan took 22 wounds off a Wraithknight in one turn between shooting and punching, whilst some supplementary fire got the other two off.

This is great!

>too autistic to understand basic fucking English
>instead chooses his own interpretation (usually benefiting himself)
The call of (((merchant))) blood is to strong to resist.

Take drazher if you want, you lose nothing by taking him. Plus his death can still proc your ynari units soul bursts

just dont play with people like that and its not an issue
i have 10 dreads, i also bought the same pack
you have enough dreads if you think that you have enough dreads, after all its your army, who am i to decide whether you have enough ?

Dreadbros > Hoes

Shit you're right I should order that Mark IV ironclad I've had my eye on off forge world and make it a siege dread.

You have to point out the problems if you want them to be fixed. If 10% of your playerbase interprets your rules wrong, intentionally or otherwise, then maybe you should fix them.

Do you have some examples of this actually happening?

Your problem is you don't have any Redemptors.

could someone please clarify for me, for detachments, on page 240 in the grey box on bottom left, its saying i can mix and match any imperium forces in a detachment basically , so space marine HQ, IG troop and skitarri troop?
the last paragraph is confusing me, it says " if space marine captain is part of detachment, all other units must be from the imperium faction, OR they must ALL be from adeptus astartes."

if adeptus astartes are imperium also, why does it have that last bit?

It's a tough call. Strength from Death has a lot of utility, but limits your army selection. You can't take Drazhar if you get it, and Drazhar is amazing. You won't get serious benefits to your melee until turn 3 with Power from Pain. I think I'd lean for power from Pain though if you're going pure melee.

Ok, so tell me how to solve the problem in OPs picture without making up your own rules.

The fact is there is no way for a knight to get in combat with the infantry, this is a GLARING hole in the rules any experienced writer would pick up on and yet, it exists.
8th's rules are full of more holes than swiss cheese, it's totally unplayable without house rules.

so now you racist just dont reply when confronted with superior intellect? how fucking laughable

antifa will beat the shit out of you fascists

Slaanesh Eldar are confirmed?

reporting in!

k, here is your (you)

Well, tbqh I would assume that Grey Knights get bonuses for being comprised of a detachment sharing the same keyword

The shit you guys are arguing about is open to interpretation and its actually hard to know the intent one way or another... since the term Army Faction and "army" are not defined. Basically it needs a FAQ and you all should just really stop worrying about it and/or avoid games with people that are hellbent on it being one or the other.

Like, its non-issue, games been out for 11 days or some shit. Wait for more info or if its a big deal for a tourney, just make sure the event organizer is ready to answer the question.

Any, gl and hf. But everyone should let it go.

>throw shit everywhere
>WOOOOWWWW
>LOOK AT HOW MUCH SHIT THERE IS HERE
>WHY ISNT GW FIXING IT???

Nothing in the index disallows you from taking drazhar, he'll be fine if he takes him.

DOW Dark Crusade, then get keys off the internet to use the other races

>No New Zealand or Australia FW index ebook leakers this week either

The colonies were a mistake.

In that example the ruins are so low that the Knight's base can easily get within 1'' of the marine's bases.

Army faction is defined user.

Drazhar cannot be part of a Ynnari army, see the exceptions in the paragraph.

Am I a Dreadbro if I collect Ork walkers?

>9 Dreads
>15 Kans
>2 Orkanauts
>1 Stompa

That is an unbelievably horrible and inaccurate analogy and you know it. Strawman doesn't even begin to describe it.

Because in the future there might be restrictions to get access to more specific strategems or bonuses, like a detachment with will get more bonuses then one with just , I wouldnt be surprised if Chapter Tactics only worked if all units in the detachment have a common chapter tactic.

Right now you can mix and match anything in a detachment as long as all units have a common faction keyword without losing anything because there is nothing to lose.

No, there's a redacted type of Eldar in the rulebook that looks chaos.

Wouldn't say confirmed, but maybe.

>>ded ard/10

Just finished Straight Silver and I gotta say, I fucking hate Lijah Cuu
youtube.com/watch?v=sEKB7pi1mbc

Drazhar can't be ynnari, but share a faction keyword. An army list can be comprised of models from multiple armies.

gotcha, thanks

Heck yeah, a deff dread bro, but technically still yes.

I recognize this writing style
You're that blood elf fag from /aosg/

Shoo shoo

I own 3 Wraithknights and 25 Wraithguard, am I a Dread Bro?

>2011.41m
>Dork Angels show up
Spoiler]>Interrogation in the Rock tonight

Slaanesh Eldar have always been a thing on the Crone Worlds. Just look at the cover of Atlas Infernal. Or there's really old fluff that lists Eldar Daemon Princes, Eldar raised rather than devoured at the Fall as a reward for roles played leading to Slaanesh's birth, as among Slaanesh's most powerful servants.

>on Veeky Forums so often that you believe you can recognize people by their text
Autism

I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. I don't even know what /aosg/ is.

But if your reaction to being called out for strawmanning is "you are x", which isn't even an argument, then you clearly aren't capable of articulating your point anyway.

ETA on imperial indexes?

Kinda, at least in fluff.
read rulebook.

REEEEEEE

I can't tell if this is a high or low effort shitpost

>Drazhar can't be ynnari, but share a faction keyword.
Yes, he shares the Aeldari keyword, but not the Ynnari keyword. With a nonynnari unit in the army, the army can't be Ynnari. See army faction.
>An army list can be comprised of models from multiple armies.
Oh, you're the retard that thinks factions are armies, despite the BRB never using the term army in that way. Let me laugh, and then sum up your argument:

>The BRB consistently uses Army to refer to your entire collection of units
>However, it doesn't explicitly define the term army despite this consistent use
>therefore, I will assume army means something the BRB never uses it to mean, and justify my waacfag list.

Literally just as bad as the wu-tang clan.

3 hours 45 minutes to go till midnight in bongland

Thank you. Thats high praise

I have a question about how wounding works in 8th.

In the rule book it says "...If a model loses several wounds from a single attack and is destroyed, any excess damage is lost."
So say I fired a Heavy 3 gun at a unit, and the opposing player decided to allocate all wounds to one model. Would the 2 other wounds be lost since theyre not mortal wounds and dont have the "excess wounds are allocated to other models in the unit" since the heavy 3 doesnt cause mortal wounds? IE I fire a lascannon and roll a 4 for damage done, however since it doesnt cause mortal wounds, does that mean only 1 model dies?

And also, for this rule what is the definition of "single attack"? Does it refer to a single attack from a unit, or a singular attack from a model within that unit? Ie I fire 4 boltguns from a unit, do those 4 bolt guns count as separate attacks or a singular attack for the purpose of this rule?

Well there's your problem, not pirating shit.