mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy
tcdecks.net/format.php?format=Legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

> Budget lists for newer players
docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ

General has Been down for too long guys, we need more ddft

The invocation looks sweet.

Art is nice, border and text is still ugly and shit.

Hey bg depths players! Has any of you tried ancient stirrings? If you have what are your thoughts?

>I wish this was crop rotation

So, new toy?

I wish i had 8 crop rotations

Not so sure about this one.

Anyone else playing stoneblade?

seems objectively bad unless you can convincingly cheat it

would be interesting if it was BBBB

He'll yeah my dude, currently on u/w but trying to get aluren, and therefore get esper and 4c on the process

U/w has been doing pretty dec at events

Got a list?

Creatures:12
4 Snapcaster Mage
4 Stoneforge Mystic
3 True-Name Nemesis
1 Vendilion Clique

Spells:26
4 Brainstorm
2 Ponder
1 Spell Pierce
4 Swords to Plowshares
2 Counterspell
1 Umezawa's Jitte
1 Back to Basics
2 Council's Judgment
3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1 Supreme Verdict
1 Batterskull
4 Force of Will

Lands:22
2 Arid Mesa
4 Flooded Strand
4 Island
1 Karakas
2 Plains
4 Polluted Delta
4 Tundra
1 Wasteland

Sideboard:15
2 Containment Priest
2 Meddling Mage
1 Gisela, the Broken Blade
1 Blue Elemental Blast
1 Flusterstorm
1 Disenchant
3 Rest in Peace
1 Back to Basics
1 Humility
1 Supreme Verdict
1 Nahiri, the Lithomancer
Last event I played I had Gisela on the battlefield and ulted my nahiri,.....opponent conceded thou before so I never got to attack with that masterpiece of nonsense

Have you tried any spell quellers? They seem amazing in my testing.

God I hope they reprint flusterstorm, I really cant justify it's price tag.

If memory jar wasnt banned would it be played? And if it was played what kind of deck would use it? Asking for research.

i did a thing today

that thing was sideboard in gilded drake while playing UR tempo against junk midrange.

i played a jace and stole all his dudes with my gilded drake. it was rad.

People play jace in u/r tempo?

Seems sweet, but it's not quite Notion Thief/Chains +Dack sweet

sure why not? he goes in everything else.

Storm. It's a wheel of fortune, that, if it resolves, hoses the perfectly sculted control player's hand.

Then again, 5 mana to draw 7, and potentially draw your opponent into force of will is maybe not a good card.

At BBBB it would be very playable. I think the card is bad as is. Costs way too much. Might as well play doomsday if you want silly black cards that let you search for stuff.

Speaking of good ideas, get this:
BUG Cheerios
Hear me out, it's like SI, but with Deathrites, regular 0drop creatures for culling, black rituals, paradoxical outcome, pact for cantor, and glimpse.
It's flawless. All these cards WILL fit into a 60 card deck for sure

If you ever want to make a funny name for the deck, I hope you'll consider White Elephant or Gifts Ungiven.

Post your swag.

Why not just cast Conflux or Enter the Infinite? I assume we're casting this using a Dream Halls or Omniscience.

>white border
Why do you do that?

Not him and not the answer you want, but I think they look cool.

But they get dirty. Just look at that Tundra.

Only if you don't put them in a perfect fit like some sort of savage.

I bought that tundra like that. I'm not going to spend 500 bones on a piece of cardboard, but I'm also not some pleb who buys fakes. I want real duals and I want them beat to fuck and from Revised.

wait til he posts the white-bordered masterpiece lotus petal

4x animate dead
4x buried alive
1x kokusho, the evening star
3x sphinx of the steel wind
2x it that betrays
4x duress
1x dread return
1x blazing archon
1x griselbrand
1x iona, shield of emeria
4x dark ritual
4x putrid imp
4x cabal therapy
4x exhume
2x cabal ritual
20x swamp
Is it good?
Should i change something?

Cut cabal ritual and 2 lands for 4 lotus petal.

No, it's not good.
Question: is this a budget list 'as is' or are you open to optimising it with $$$?

Depends on the amount of $$$
What would you change?

I'm pretty sure he is 100% budget, he posted in the last thread and even collective brutality was considered too expensive

As I said in the last thread, I think buried alive is better when you get necrotic ooze, phyrexian devourer, and triskelion, so you can just win on the spot. I would cut some cards to include those

I'm trying to create a budget reanimator deck to put my griselbrand to good use.
I'd be happy if you could suggest what cards should i use (i'm too poor for entomb & reanimate)

Ya need entombs my dude

I haven't tried queller but he'd fight with tnn and clique and idk if I like it more than those too, but not a terrible idea

You can still play your griselbrand, I was just saying that if you are going with a fast buried alive plan, necrotic ooze combo is probably the best thing you can do because you don't have to risk your creature getting killed before you win

I'll try to post my full deck later tonight. I'm back to a more normal list right now. Been jamming games on mtgo and it feels pretty good.

Honestly isn't as bad as I would be thought but you really can't white border M15+ cards, it doesn't really work.

go play dredge instead :^)

interesting
tell me about act on impulse piles

As mono black, bare minimun should be along the lines of 4x collective brutality, 4x griserlbrand and 4x entomb. Back it up with tendrils and rituals for tin fin kind of finisher plan. Playing on budget is fine, but it's never really the final destination to cut cards because of price, if it can be straight better.

Not him, but one nice thing about them that i've seen is you can put led, cantrip, cantrip on top without any mana floating

So a lot of piles don't really change with Act On Impulse vs Ideas Unbound. If you think about a basic t1 win hand of (Swamp, Rit, Doomsday, Probe, LED), then the pile looks the same regardless of which you use: IU/AOI, LED, LED, Probe, Wish. With IU the probe could be a ponder and you could save 2 life but in a t1 win hand that doesn't matter. Now imagine your hand was Doomsday, Rit, Ponder, Ponder. This hand can win if you have enough mana with either draw spell with this pile: [LED, U/AOI, LED, LED, WISH]. However, with IU, you need UUR available after Doomsday, but with AOI you only need UU. You can also still make Double Doomsday piles but i'll let you figure that out. Basically AOI lets you use LED like a black lotus. The big draw of IU was having one mana left after cracking LED so you could replay your divining top but without top you don't need it. AOI has applications vs Leovold or Spirit of the Labyrinth since you don't draw cards. And it's color requirements are less intensive so you can more easily use it to draw into the pile if it's in your hand. I think it's better than IU these days but it's still a little new so I'm still figuring it out.

>tell me about act on impulse piles
WHY DO THEY WEAR THE MASK

>Not Promo burning wish

Why 4 GrizzyB's if the legend rule applies?

>Rhonas' Last stand
8 land is back boys

I ain't fukcin made of money boy

Thinking about getting out of magic and selling my collection. What is the best way to do so, with best being a cross reference of some middle between convenient and getting value back.

Perhaps this?
4x cabal ritual
4x exhume
4x entomb
4x collective brutality
4x tendrils of agony
4x dark ritual
4x lotus petal
4x shallow grave
4x children of korlis
2x griselbrand
18x swamp

sweet, i'll try it out

> vs Leovold or Spirit of the Labyrinth since you don't draw cards
that's a great observation

lotta loyalty for a hired planeswalker

yea, shouldn't you diversify into other demons?
if you can cheat in any demon in all of magic, you don't need a playset of g-men

>Re: AOI vs Leovold/sotl
If you play an AOI as your wishboard drawspell you can actually build a tendrils pile that never draws a card with DD, rit, led, wish in hand and 1BR available. Of course when you give them the drills, Leo will still draw them 10 cards so you might still lose. I think AOI is weak in the wishboard and prefer Infernal Contract, but it's an option.

What? More like this:
4x animate dead
4x reanimate
4x cabal ritual
4x exhume
4x entomb
4x collective brutality

1-2x tendrils of agony
4x dark ritual
4x lotus petal

1-2x children of korlis
4x griselbrand
X number other reanimate targets.

X swamp

Collective brutality is fucking disgusting card in reanimator. Tendrils was more of tin fins gameplan, but as you are playing griselbrand, it's just a tool to "go nuts". Also I have seen storming into griselbrand -> draw 7 storm into tendrils happen.

Because draw 7 is broken.

Border is less bad in person. I popped this the other day and it looks real nice.

It's still design mess. Can't believe they seriously were so proud of that design that they went 2 rounds for it.

so if you're facing down leovold, is it better to attempt to remove leovold with sideboard tech (if you couldnt therapy it) before going off, or use an alternate wincon like empty the warrens/shelldock+emrakul that doesn't involve targetting the opponent?

I play 1 echoing truth main, or decay if I'm playing green. Using it you can build piles, usually pass the turn piles, that get rid of Leo (or thalia, chalice, canonist, trinisphere, etc) and win. I also play empty the Warrens in the side for another wincon. You could play void snare/deathmark/flame slash if you wanted wishboard removal. Most decks that play Leo play wasteland so SI/Emmy is a liability.

Is it okay if i stuff 2 kokusho's and leave 18 swamps?