Veeky Forums approved video games?

The steam summer sale is on, anything Veeky Forums related worth buying?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2015/03/22/opinion/sunday/judith-shulevitz-hiding-from-scary-ideas.html
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91512817/#91523453
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've heard Hollow Knight is pretty good. I've been waiting for it to go to sale but Steam seems down right now anyway.

Darkest Dungeon got a DLC a few days back, the Crimson Court, which is also nice.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Obviously table top simulator has to be noted since this is tg and all. I'm curious about trying to play 40k on it, I've heard from some people that it's awesome and others say it sucks.

I'm also interested in battle fleet Gothic armada which I've heard is quite good. Dawn of War 3 is on sale but I'm broke and the cartoon animation and art style don't do it for me. Probably would rather spend spend that money on miniatures.

No. Stop giving steam money. In fact you should fly out to Washington and throw a firebomb at their headquarters instead.

Just a heads-up: I reported your comment to the FBI.

good taste buddy
i've bought darkest dungeon +Crimson court+ the ost at 20€87

Just a heads up: You're retarded.

Tell it to the judge, terrorist scum.

I was obviously joking sperglord. You really think a terrorist would try to "recruit" on fucking Veeky Forums?

I mean, you have stormfags coming in all the time so it's not unlikely.

Are you retarded enough to think that that guy wasn't also joking?

I've really enjoyed Expeditions: Vikings recently.

Why would a stormfag make targeting Valve their first priority? And why would they think shitposting about it on Veeky Forums would generate any kind of results?

Talisman's on sale for $1.59 if you want to learn how to start arguments and ruin friendships

this thread is fucking awful

no u

>I mean, you have stormfags coming in all the time

The fuck am I suppose to know what goes on inside the mind of one of those people. They listen to Alex Jones and and put dildos on the cardboard cutouts of Trump and vigorously have sex with it while screeching about the final impending purge.

This is poor form, friend. Please take your false flaggot bait to a worse board like /tv/.

>liberal projecting their own perverse sex fantasies

every. single. time.

Jesus Christ lads

Dragon's Dogma.

Ever played an RPG as a mage and felt like you weren't doing anything interesting? Then play a mage in DD, it's fun as all fuck.

What?

/pol/shit is the cancer killing Veeky Forums. And when I say /pol/shit, I mean obnoxiously shoehorned political shitflinging. There's a reason you don't discuss politics in polite company folks; it tends to make the company not so polite.

He's right though, /pol/ was raided by stormfags years ago, and like the vikings of old they found the place they were raiding to be a nice place to settle.

>WAH WAH THEY HAVE OPINIONS I DONT LIKE MAKE THEM STOP
The sooner you embrace the truth, the sooner you can stop having to run away from it.

Wow, that is some serious delusion you're nurturing, pal.

No, I said all /pol/shit needs to go, nothing about any specific sides or opinions. Can't you read?

That's what happened, not my fault you don't know your history.

Opinions are like assholes.

Having threads on an hourly basis clearly made to push an agenda ("Do you value diversity in your games?" "Which fantasy race are the biggest cucks?" "How can humans compete!?!") is pretty fucking cancerous.

I'm a sucker for an internet fight, there's a board specifically for them. Literally the same reason /qst/ exists, /pol/ exists.

Nobody shoehorned in anything though, this emerged naturally. /pol/ is for politics but that doesn't mean we should avoid politics like the plague everywhere else.

Hmm, difficult question OP, why don't you GO FUCKING ASK /V/!

>not about any specific sides or opinions
>invaded by stormfags
Riiiiiight.

Do you need a safe space?

Nice photoshop.

>you have stormfags coming in all the time

You mean communist infiltrators who try to subvert our board culture to spread their treacherous filth?

I heard TW: Warhammer is on sale.

>Opinions are like assholes.

Best when stretched beyond any limit mother nature ever intended?

nytimes.com/2015/03/22/opinion/sunday/judith-shulevitz-hiding-from-scary-ideas.html

>haters will say it's Photoshop

Two separate things you mong. /pol/ was raided by stormfags way back when, Veeky Forums needs to crack down on political shitflinging. I'm not sure I can make this clearer for you.

>rape supervisor

Dream job, right there.

Oh and you just so happened to tie them together. I know your tricks Shlomo.

>I was obviously joking sperglord.

>nobody shoehorned this in
>Hey Veeky Forums, what are some cool games?
>/pol/tards are terrorists

Were you born this stupid, or did you have to work for it?

le ebin trolling aside, you're right that banning all political discussion is a bad idea. But it's pretty fucking obvious that things are out of control when you can't go two threads without some retards slapfighting over politics. It's like that screencap says, /pol/tards are the new furfags not because of their opinions, but because of how obnoxious they are about pushing them.

(((Shulevitz)))

/pol/ is always right

Oh, nevermind, I actual misread "survivor".

It's still a ridiculous term, though. It implies a strength that isn't really there. The more you are entitled to the term "survivor" in the case of rape because of, you know, the damage done to your body, the less likely you are to feel like one. I can't help but feel like most people who apply this term to themselves are in the lower spectrum of violent rape experience. In essence, they appropriate the pain of people who went through worse.

Oy gevalt, how did you know? My clever ruse of replying to two separate discussion threads in a single post has been seen through.

Chalk it up to the times we live in. Everything is politicized, trying to fight it will only make the stuff that slips through that much nastier.

You got that wrong. /pol/tards are the new furries because of how everyone else likes to constantly talk about how they are pushing their opinions, even when they aren't.

The first post to mention politics in this thread was complaining about stormfags. The first post to mention /pol/ was already bitching about how /pol/ is ruining Veeky Forums while also yesmanning that stormfag post. Bit of a selffulfilling prophecy, isn't it?

Listen, you know as well as I do what that implies psychologically. Your tricks aren't secret anymore Shlomo, you're gonna have to up your game.

Horseshit. Even on this thread the /pol/tards made things worse instead of telling the paranoid idiot to shut up and move on. I guarantee you people wouldn't be complaining about /pol/tards if, y'know, they weren't so fucking annoying.

Yes, clearly using Veeky Forums's posting functionality as intended is a sinister conspiracy.

Dragon Age: Origins

Anything said could be considered "using Veeky Forums's posting functionality". That doesn't stop it from being manipulative propaganda.

recommend highly, also recommend playing on another language... they repeat a lot of things, best they sound cool and you don't know what they say...

Nah, too obvious. 6/10 trolling, decent but could use a bit more subtlety. You gotta mix it up too, not just repeat the propaganda bit. Using shlomo twice in a row was a mistake too.

Take some time, broaden your repertoire, then come back and show me what you've learned.

I'm not trolling. You clearly ran out of actual counterarguments and are now accusing me of trolling as a desperate last-ditch attempt to deflect my points.

>stormfag
Really? Try to use more than buzzwords to recoil from truth maybe.

Bitch, I reiterate: The posts that derailed this thread are the ones complaining about /pol/ before /pol/ even showed up.

Have you ever heard the expression "if you build it, they will come"? because that's what you fuckers did, and then you start pissing and moaning that /pol/ showed up after you rolled out the red carpet for them. Because guess what? If you start complaining about a group of people that, until that time, didn't consider themselves part of the discussion, they will pipe up.

And yes, it's exactly the same shit as with furries, where for the last few years I've heard far, far more complaints about them being so obnoxious rather than seeing them being obnoxious. And these days you can't go through a thread on Veeky Forums without some faggot complaining that /pol/ moves his furniture and curdles his milk.

inb4 I'm /pol/ despite not talking about political bullshit

Stop playing games and go save the white race!

Crusader Kings II, Crypt of the Necrodancer and Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines are a few I can think of off the top of my head. I was really hoping for Monsters' Den: Godfall to be on sale since it was supposed to be released in January, but nope. Not even out.

Which movie is that guy talking about?

Divinity: Original Sin is a gem. I haven't played anything else by Larian, but opinions are generally positive. Can't wait for DivOS2.

Hollow Knight, The Banner Saga 1 and 2, VtM:Bloodlines, Blood Bowl, The old Fallouts 1 and 2 if you haven't already. Mount and Blade: Warband.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/91512817/#91523453
Some Batman animation.

When you make ridiculous claims, don't be surprised when people don't take you seriously.

FREE HELICOPTER RIDES XD

Xcom 1 and 2 are fantastic, especially now that long war is out for both.

>he doesnt want to hear pawns sperging out about wolves hunting in packs
But that's half the experience

That game really tickled my aesthetic tastes. It reminded me a lot of the classic fantasy paintings from old DnD and such.

He wants Veeky Forums related stuff though.
What would /v/ know about that?

Crusader Kings 2, Dark Souls 1, Morrowind, Endless Space, New vegas, Mount&Blade, SW:BF2 classic, KOTOR, Sunless Sea, Total Warhammer, Mordheim and Vermintide are also things i've had fun with

Best surprise game award goes to Recettear, highly recommended for weebs, libertarians and capitalists of all varieties

I'm getting back into 4X, right as the mid-week sale ended, I picked up all of the Master of Orion It was cheaper to buy MOO3 as well with the pack then to not buy it. games and Galactic Civilizations 3.

So yeah, all MOOs for $30 (normally $30 for just the new one) and got the the entire GC3 with DLC for $30 (originally $101)

Darklands- gritty low-magic CRPG
Neverwinter Nights 2 Mask of the Betrayer- uninspiring adventure bundled with the updated but poorly documented Aurora toolset
Icewind Dale- uninspiring Baldur's Gate adventure
Knights of the Old Republic- railroad d20 Star Wars RPG with a detailed story and fair equipment
Baldur's Gate II Shadows of Amn- Baldur's Gate with an astonishing story but iffy gameplay
Dungeon Keeper- carve a 3d habitation out of rock and try to kill the adventurers who plunder it
Ultima VII The Black Gate- meh redux of the Ultima series
King of Dragon Pass- unplayable tribe-management game
Space Rangers 2 Reboot- turn-based spaceship game with 3d robot battle and text adventure style quests, get the Reboot package which has extra stuff
Diablo II- isometric 2d solo shooter with gearups
KOTOR II- shittier KOTOR even with the fan fixes
X-COM- tactical soldiers v aliens game with severe gameplay bugs
Heroes III Complete- fantasy 4x game with gearups
Morrowind- RPG where you go hunting herbs and never come back
Jagged Alliance 2 /Deadly Games- two modern gun and grenade tactical rpgs
Mount and Blade- the world is yours until a wandering monster causes you to lose everything
Fallout New Vegas- isometric 2d post apoc rpg with dumb comments about The Animaniacs
Europa Universalis III- PBEM country-based strategy war in Europe
Age of Empires II- monopolize your company's LAN like it was 1999
Arcanum- Fallout meets Baldurs Gate
Temple of Elemental Evil- WoTC RPG with impossible interface and lousy performance
King's Bounty- horrible 3d remake of a groundbreaking but defunct CRPG
Thief- take feeling inadequate to the next level
Myth II- isometric low-magic fantasy battle similar to Command and Conquer
Halo- groundbreaking fps
Might and Magic VI- hi we ruined CRGS by making them real time, can we come in and give you copy of The Watchtower
Betrayal at Krondor- looks great til you try to run it

>go hunting herbs and never come back
or you stumble into a cave and come out with a daedric dai-katana and negative strength

Vampire Bloodlines- play as a vampire from the White Wolf games in a railroad adventure
Mechwarrior 2- you fight like a shitty hobbit from the SNES LoTR games but you pretend you're a mech
Pool of Radiance and other SSI "gold box" AD&D CRPGs- categorically the worst CRPGs you can get, slamming the book closed on your dick would be literally better than this
Fable- fantasy rpg for kids
Jade Empire- JRPG but with China instead of Japan (sorry weeaboos), balanced and addictive
Sword of the Stars- unplayably complicated 4x space empire game
Star Control II- railroad space adventure where you must do everything exactly correct and this is good somehow because nostalgia

Since when does /v/ play video games?

This. Dragons Dogma is my favorite game of all time, it has its flaws but the pc version reduces many of them.