INB4 Oloro becomes cock ring

This is your new zombie god overlord. Say something nice about him.

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/products/coming-soon
db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/?request_locale=ja
youtube.com/watch?v=ue6zUWEkXps
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ZOMBIES ARE TWO/TWO REEEEEEE GREEN MAKES FOUR/FOUR TOKENS THIS SHOULD'VE BEEN BLACK/GREEN OR JUST MONOGREEN

mill them and then start stealing their creatures in EDH

It's also really fits the theme of Bolas taking the three gods that were worth a shit and leaving the other five to do admin work.

>no white
fukk off

Does Bolas have Green in his color identity user?

Does Bolas have White in his color identity user?

I SAID
FUCK
OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

NOT THE POINT INSECTS ARE BLACK AND GREEN ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY THEREFORE A GOD WITH AN INSECT HEAD HAS TO BE BLACK GREEN
BLACK GREEEEEEEEEN
SCORPION SHOULD ALSO BE BLACK GREEN BECAUSE IT'S A BUG TOO AND GREEN IS THE COLOR OF DRAWING FROM DEAD THINGS JUST LOOK AT FECUNDITY IT CAN'T BE RED IT MUST BE BLACK GREEN TOO

The 4/4 is for the new mega-embalm mechanic.

God Eternalize is such a boring mechanic.

It's pretty much just like mega-morph a rehash of a decent mechanic with nothing actually interesting added.

You would have thought that they would have reconsidered this approach after mega-morph ended up as the most unpopular mechanic in the history of the game

It's boring in and of itself, but at least most of the cards seem to be DOING something with it - power based abilities and whatnot. Unlike the majority of Megamorph just being 'now it's bigger' with like one or two that did something with it.

the idea of eternalize is to use an ability it has BETTER than it normally would have beforehand.
1/2 menace >4/4 menace: dreamstealer
2/2 boost > 4/4 boost: khenra rebuilder
2/1 tap target = power > 4/4 version: earthshaker khenra
how is making a bigger beater that makes the ability better used boring?

So do you play esper zombies now or do you just play old SOI zombies again.

SOI zombies leave in a few months as well as embalm/(not)-eternalize clashes hard with SOI zombies, who want things in the graveyard (Diregraf).

Anyone else think that this thing is getting a ban in standard/edh?

I see it as too powerful and cost effective.

In edh maybe
Locus may be cancer if someone pulls off infinite draws though
Standard is a yes if enough blue zombie support gets printed

I don't play EDH (my group will play our first commander night next week with the anthology set) so I might be wrong but from my understanding of the format he seems like an incredibly strong EDH card.

Nah

It is stupidly powerful in edh but there are ways to deal with it.

Because it's a new ability that mechanically does something we've seen before, it just has pump added to it.

please dont talk about banning the first good dimir commander that isnt lazav and impersonator shananigans.
i also believe he does not surpass the degeneracy of something like proshh or even ioras.

ETERNAL pump, though, which is the entire point. It's a mechanic that, in a vacuum, works the way all amonkhet recursion is intended. Flavor and gameplay considered, it's exactly what is required /should be expected.

>proshh
>you have to try if you want your deck not to have three card infinite combos
>not banned
This guy is fine. I don't know why anybody's fussing over it so hard.

I'm considering picking one up for my casual zombie modern deck

How am I supposed to know what scry does if it's not on the card?!

God I hate wordy cards why does MTG have so much text creep?

in the movie he is played by Tom Cruise

I guess...

Worst of the cycle by a long shot. Still fine in limited, but it won't see Standard play except in budget decks.

By reading the rules.

>Khepri in egyptian mythology was the god of sunrise and rebirth ie white as fuck
>but insect are icky so the scarab god is an evil god that create zombie
Fuck wizard and their "we whould only use pop culture as a reference when we create top down block" mentality. Amonkhet is just a zombie apocalypse block with an egyptian aesthetic not a top down egyptian block.

Is it just me or is this way undercosted?

You can just look it up on your smart phone or ask someone. MtG has actually managed to do an amazing job of dealing with large amounts of texts on their cards by using keywords and good formatting. Be glad you don't have to deal with the stuff in yu-gi-oh like and that card isn't even as wordy and ambiguous as others

By playing the game
By reading the rules
By knowing that only commons and uncommons (in core set only?) have reminder text for evergreen keywords

I miss core sets. Think they will ever bring them back?

Yu-gi-oh is even worst because there are thing that aren't written on the card. Take this card for example, you can't use it if the ritual monster wasn't special summoned with a ritual first and then send to the graveyard but it isn't written on the card.

They confirmed Core 2019 already bro...

Well shit you just made my day. Thanks user.

Did you not see the announcements?
magic.wizards.com/en/products/coming-soon

This is still obvious though, the ruling of what a ritual monster is applies here so it's fine, in the rule book it says you have to summon them correctly first.

If you want to talk about a real ruling/wording issue talk about how targeting vs non targeting works in yugioh, or how when a new set comes out new interactions are decided by the head judge, no website for you to look up rulings on and no word from konami on what is right or wrong.

Rulings in the OCG and TCG don't even match up either.

Oh cool merfolk vs gobl-
Is that a new fucking unset?

Yup, and return to Dominaria.

Did they cancel the upcoming archenemy?

That's already out bro. Happened on the 16th

Yeah I just found the preview article.
I am kind of pissed they changed the blocking rules for it though.

Glad to see they put the original bolas in the deck though. I was really hoping for that.

>how targeting vs non targeting works in yugioh
Cards that target say target, cards that dont target don't say target. Cards before PSCT use select or target.

> how when a new set comes out new interactions are decided by the head judge, no website for you to look up rulings on and no word from konami on what is right or wrong.
OCG posts rulings for every card when a set comes out.
db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/?request_locale=ja
The Organization (ygorganization.com) translates the rulings.

>Rulings in the OCG and TCG don't even match up either.
TCG wants to be special and use different rulings instead of just using the rulings that the OCG uses.

I creamed myself at the scheme cards though. Glad to see they abandoned all the effects that also benifit your opponenet. The double mana in particular was bullshit.

Okay man you can't say the OCG posts rulings online so it's fine then immediately after admit we don't follow them.
Nobody cares about japans rules if they don't apply here and they don't until someone here decides they might want one to.

I judged for 3 years and know from experience yugiohs ruling system is the definition of roundabout and unnecessary, and if someone told me "but the OCG says..." then I'd know I'd be at that table all night. The secondary market is at least pretty good though and reprints are jewed to hell and back like wizards does.

did you even read the story, Bolas is using the gods for evil, scarab god's rebirthing things, but turning them into zombies. Get a brain before prattling on like a retard.

>gets fired from Upper Deck
>gets hired by Konami

Why the fuck is Tewart in charge of this game

fucking awesome for edh. It does not target, so it avoids hexproof and shroud

Huh, I didn't catch that the first time. That's actually pretty clever wizards, good job.

>calling other retard when you miss the point that hard.
Amonkhet was sold as a top down egyptian block, and it's not what we got. First the jackal headed god being red and the crocodile headed god being black was already dubious.
Then making the scarab and scorpion god evil is not what you do when you want to do a fucking top down egyptian block because both were associate with protection, being the symbol of Khepri, a sun god and Serqet a goddess of medicine but because in modern day insect and arachnid are see as icky they choose to make them evil.
Making the scarab god evil in an egyptian block is on the same level as Disney making Hades evil because he is the god of the underworld and in modern day underworld=hell so the god of the underworld is synonymous of Satan.

Also the locust god has nothing to do with egyptian mythology and is just a biblical reference.

I say it again Amonkhet isn't a top down egyptian block, it's a zombie apocalypse story with an egyptian aesthetic.

Honestly it reads to me less as an Egyptian Mythology block and more as a Plagues of Egypt block. Kind of a gestalt of Egyptian myth meeting Biblical myth. I think it's a fine direction to go, and to be honest, I'm also kind of glad they didn't go entirely top down with Egypt as their theme. As much as it would have been cool to have a proper Anubis or Osiris or the other gods who got left out, it would have just been Egypt, instead of something that was inspired by Egypt. Kamigawa wasn't just Japanese myth, there was no descent into Yomotsu-Hirasaka, or Amaterasu locking herself in a cave, or even Susanoo-o slaying the Orochi. Theros was more on the nose, but even then it kept itself firmly separated as well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm glad they went in a direction I wasn't expecting.

Also they didn't make the Scarab god a villain like Hades. They made the Scarab god a puppet, and like all of Bolas puppet-gods, it makes them less of a villainous monster and more of a tragic mess. Would I have liked a good Khepri, god of Rebirth? Yes. But having a revived undead Khepri rebirthing the living into undeath is still pretty fucking cool

We'll never have a top down set on the level of accuracy of Kamigawa, but even then you're missing the point.
The new grixis gods aren't evil because hurr zombies bad insects icky, they're like that because they're being controlled by big old daddy Bolas against their will

Wizards has stated before that when designing something, they'll go with common misconception over truth if it means players can associate with things easier.

>I say it again Amonkhet isn't a top down egyptian block, it's a zombie apocalypse story with an egyptian aesthetic.
i dont say youre wrong but who actually fucking cares?
It is not like Wotc has made a vow to always be accurate in their depiction fantasy elements.

That's my main problem, Kamigawa and Theros tried to capture the feeling of shinto and greek mythology and make a story around it. Amonketh make me feel more like they focused more on the aesthetic of ancient egypt and like you said a "plague of egypt" feel and not on having an egyptian mythology feeling.

>they're being controlled by big old daddy Bolas against their will
Well fuck Bolas, but it's true that I didn't follow MtG lore since a bit because I was fucking tired of the gatewatch and Amonkhet story looked like it would have follow the same plot as Kaladesh: the gatewatch arrive on a plane find that the authority figures are evil and corrupted and start a revolution.

Me,I was promised an egyptian top down block and I didn't get one. It's my right to autisticaly screech abouth that on a japanese image board.

In this most recent case, its more of "The gatewatch arrives, tries to start a revolution, don't really succeed because Gids fucked off to try and get hugs from a giant cat and Lili's busy with demon problems, Jace is a nonentity, and Chandra is getting direct-to-brain dialed from Emrakul for reasons??? and then Bolas showed up and BTFO'd all of them.

Also Samut was there"

I will agree with your first statement though. Amonkhet, while being in the works for a hilariously long time (pic related) really didn't capture the feel of the setting they were trying to evoke. It was more of a Bolas plane than an Egypt plane.

Whoops, that should be Nissa getting brainfucked by Emmy-chan. I forget what Chandra did. Something with revolutions probably.

Nissa aint getting brainfucked, shes getting advice from Emrakul. Emrakul gave her strength to survive an otherwise losing battle. This is speculation, but I think Emrakul wants to become a walker and is teaming with Nissa to try and figure it out.

I'm more of the mind that Emmy is trying to get Nissa to either eventually become an Eldrazi, generate more Eldrazi to replace Ula and Kozi, or figure out a system that fixes whatever problem the Eldrazi are trying to solve.

That said, I'd be down for the supreme planeswalker, Sailor Eldritch Moon.

Wizards claims that they never heard of Lovecraft when they named a set "Shadows over Innistrad. Do you expect them to do any research on their source material beyond Google image search and a focus group?

It's not getting banned in any format, you chucklefucks, there's like 30 generals you'd have to ban before even considering this guy.

Nicol Bolas is like 1 of 5 good things magic has going for him so I don't mind

It's just a good card in EDH, your general tax never goes up either with him considering you can just recast him from hand every time he dies.

user are you saying you wouldn't want Oketra hugs?

But yeah, I'm not a fan of how the gatewatch just sort of bumble into every plane and cause a huge fucking mess.

I bet Oketra hugs would be extra warm like hot coco in the winter.

>Superhero movies are popular
>"I know, let's turn planeswalkers into superheroes!"
>"Let's pretend they always save the day and never talk about how irreversibly fucked up the places they go are!"

I'm still waiting to hear about post-Eldrazi Zendikar.

You know, somehow I doubt that Ulamog and Kozilek are gone, because comic book writing.

Yeah it's pretty much like megamorph. Except morph is a mechanic that existed outside of this set, and embalm was a mechanic specific to this set, which makes rehashing it sensible. And except megamorph basically did nothing but make the creature a little stronger, while eternalize can make small creatures come back as big threats and big threats come back as small creatures, with all the tactical implications that come with that. And except megamorph made pretty much no sense and was just silly, while eternalize has lore justification, and presumably token support like embalm.

So basically nothing like megamorph then.

>banning this card in edh

Do you even play edh you stupid fucking faggot

Commons are low complexity, guys!

How the fuck is all that value at common? At least it's BB and not pack 1 pick 1 every draft.

>How the fuck is all that value at common?
Commons aren't supposed to be unplayable.

None of these creatures are getting banned in any format you tards. None of these are going to be good enough to even begin justifying that. Edh would be a fucking trash format if commanders like this got banned. This won't even see play in standard, IMO.

Pic related, if this is apparently okay for edh then there's no fucking way the midrange bug gods are getting the hammer

True, true. I guess I'm just used to all the draft powerhouses being uncommon

But commons are supposed to be low complexity.

A low rarity instant should be a card that just does a thing.
That's an instant that does one thing and another thing unless the opponent does one of two other things.
That's not low complexity.

And you're upset about this?

If they're going to breach NWO, at least let them breach it in both directions. That way we can act like it doesn't exist.

Fucking love the theme of this shit. It's just Bolas killing everything without putting up a fight.

I'd 6th or 7th pick it in draft. Instant speed removal is rarer than Mythics at this point

You know, as well as I do, that if +1/+1 counters were in this block, Eternalize would be just Embalm with a +1/+1 counter on top of the token.

When do spoilers start today?

There's some already up.

Best of the ones so far is
Torment of Hailfire. XBB Sorcery.

Repeat the following X times; each opponent loses 3 life unless they sac a nonland permanent or discard a card.

With some sweet art to go with it.

Thats easily first pickable

Hey guys I found some blasted ass over here, belong to either of you?

You know, Imprisoned in the Moon's art gets a lot weirder considering what's really going on there.

...the statement was always that mythic rares wouldn't be simply a list of tournament staples, not that no tournament staples would be mythic rares. I got that the first time I read it but most people can't seem to understand what words mean.
Fuck mythic rares though

Its just Cruel Edict with an alternate Thoughtsieze ability
It is nothing new.

Where did you get this sort of information? EMN is pretty much Innistrad Lovecraft.

Amonkhet was top down Egypt.
HOU is literally Bolas: The Set.

>sweet rave party for every villian ever imprisoned in the moon

Sweet rave party.
youtube.com/watch?v=ue6zUWEkXps

>never heard of one of the two most well known classic American horror/thriller writers of the 20th century
Lmao wtf

at rare it would be 1BB almost certainly, otherwise it would be a total disaster of a card.

a 1BB instant speed kill 3 + that effect would be the defining removal of the new standard I imagine, along with push. this is already almost constructed playable at 2BB, thank god it is.

they said many times HOU Was top down bolas dummy

The fuck are you idiots talking about? Have you ever even played EDH before?

> set symbol is a spanner
> the nut hole is for an acorn
Ebin

>Is that a new fucking unset?
Yes. They're trying to win back the autists that they scared away by fucking up so badly the past few years.