Tyranids literally squatted

>hive fleet deleted at Baal
>can't do shit against the blood crusade
>Leviathan defeated
>hydra eating up all the other tyranids
It's over nid bros. GW doesn't give a shit about tyranids, they're trying their hardest to get rid of them. Now they're gonna straight up have the tyranids eat each other so we can focus more on imperium vs chaoS

Don't forget all the previous maps put Leviathan all across the Segmentum Tempestus. So GW also teleported the bulk of Leviathan across the galaxy to a single location so they could have Chaos hit ctrl+alt+del.
Pretty much each new thing we learn make the Baal fluff even worse and it was already pretty horrendous.

They backed themselves into a corner by making the Nids unstoppable in shield of Baal, so they had to soft retcon everything about Nids in order to justify why they aren't the main threat 100 years later.

Good riddance, Nids were a mistake.

>T. Chaosfag

And yet, 'nids are one of the better factions in 8th ed

Nah, Imperial.

everything seems to imply that khorne daemon really did kill like the majority of leviathan, but i still didn't see it written anywhere. Has this really happened? Is GW really that shit?

No, it's not written anywhere. but they are shit enough to have a single Khorne daemonkin warband wipe out an entire planet of tyranids, so it really wouldn't surprise me if legions of daemons were able to wipe out an entire fleet

Shame. Tau and Necrons are far less interesting/compelling fluff-wise.

enjoy it while it lasts

t. Tomb King player in AoS

Really debatable

Wait so what happened to the part of leviathan that kryptoman was attempting to stop? That was on the complete other side of the galaxy from Baal.

It's still alive and thriving in Octarius, even after all this time.
Swarmlord and Ghaz finally confirmed to be in the same place. The Orks and Nids had their war interrupted by Khorne daemons, but fought them to a standstill before they left. We assume things carri d on as normal after that

Naw, they gave the Tyranids a big shot in the arm with this massive buff in 8th edition.

Once people start buying all these competitive Tyranid models and GW sees the tentacle NEETbucks pour in, then they will get some retcons.

And knowing nu-GW, they will probably somehow get lumped into the forming Chaos vs. Order (aka everyone else).

Primaris (or Supremis) Custodes riding Mech-Tyranid hybrids soon.

I thought it was obvious that the Hive Fleet Hydra was an Alpha Legion plot.

:^)

LORD CHAMBERS COEM BAK AL IS FORGIVVED

:'(

cry more bich sprag your tears are delcious

>newfag doesn't understand that tyranids eating each other is a bad thing for everyone except tyranids

Idiot, hive fleet hydra a latecomer to the galaxy and probably has to feed on the other Nids to get all the genetic material they've been missing out on. They'll get all the good shit leviathan gets, on top of whatever they come up with and what other hive fleets they eat. Remember how the eldar were scared shitless that kraken and leviathan would combine? Hydra is doing that on a large scale

Jesus Christ these threads.

40k, amirite?

Yeah, Hydra will be an excuse for new models and color schemes. Hoping for some nice darker colored Nids, even though I will always love the white and purple Leviathan color scheme.

Hive fleets eating hive fleets results in stronger nids m8. All this hive fleet hydra shit means that we will be getting new models withon the next year or so with a new fandangled scheme. I for one welcome our new tyranid overlords

>I for one welcome our new tyranid swarmlords

>hydra eating up all the other tyranids
>A fresh new hive fleet installing an update to their antivirus software and getting a hardware upgrade on top.
>this is somehow bad for the tyranids
individual fleets dont matter at all, this is literally the worst thing ever for anyone who isn't a nid.
Not to mention someone at GW actually play Hydra, which garauntees they have support in the staff, unlike with the Cruddex

>A new Tyranid hive fleet entered the galaxy and ate all the splinter fleets
>This means Tyranids are squatted

If you weren't retarded you'd interpret this as "Hydra is about to go apeshit on the galaxy".

Wait, it's a staff fleet? What color scheme do they use?
Want to know what colors the bugs'll end up being from here on.
Fucker stole the name I was using.

I am going to utter an inflamatory opinion: The Tyranids are a 2D faction that GW can't do much with. Any agressive changes like this, i welcome. Adding an element of intrigue regarding inter-specie war is a good step forward.

>intrigue
there is no intrigue in tyranids eating themselves and its an old concept, its a literal case of survival of the fittest, winner takes all.

>Fucker stole the name I was using.
pretty much every ancient beast name is in use by tyranids

This, Hydra is from 5e.

Index Xenos 2 says the bulk of Leviathan was destroyed at Baal, and that Octarius is the only tendril left of any real size. Leviathan is effectively gone.

This bait is so bad the Tyranids wouldn't follow it into the Ork Empire of Octarius.

so these hydra faggots are the alpha legion of tyranids right?

backstabbing assholes disguised as a friendly hivefleet seeking out and making life harder for the other fleets

>implying the hivemind won't undergo apotheosis and replace slaanesh when ynnead is done with her

>implying tyranids won't become the skaven of 40k

forgot the picture

>Hive Fleet Hydra
>Traitors
>Hydra
>Mysterious
>H Y D R A

Alpha legion nids
C O N F I R M E D
Also holy shit this spam filter is totally fucking out of hand, blocked my vertical posting.

This is just standard operating procedure for Tyranids. Each hive fleet is only one part of the greater Tyranid organism, so the Tyranids are simply reclaiming what they've previously expended, while also getting a chance to pit bioforms against one another for quality control purposes.

The hive mind shows up. Speaks all milky way languages. Decides humans are the tastiest. Starts teaming up with the orks because they're least tasty. Orks now ride Tyranids. Orks treat nids like Uber squigs. Orks and nids take over the galaxy and then the orks ride the nids to the next galaxy.

Pretty sure they're green or yellow green based on the color used for them in OP

>Needs official geedubs approval for paint schemes

It's called make them whatever colours you want you autistic fuck.

>So GW also teleported the bulk of Leviathan across the galaxy to a single location so they could have Chaos hit ctrl+alt+del.
2 locations actually.

Baal and Octarius sector (specifically the core planet of Octaria, which used to be where most of Leviathan had been sent until Geedubs declared 'nope, the biggest tendril was at Baal the whole time! Octarius was just where most of the other tendrils were going anyway!').

I'd hate to be the Swarmlord honestly. Poor bug-lord has been stuck on Octaria trying to fight Ghazghull for the last century all because Hive Fleet Leviathan's Hive Queen wants that sweet, sweet Ork biomass, and she doesn't care how many times Swarmy has to die for her fleet to get it!

I'm just waiting for the moment when the Swarmlord grows an independent personality and goes "Screw this. The White Scars are just a few systems over, tonight we're having Space Mongolian!"

What if Tyranids aren't as unified as we thought and there's multiple hive minds battling for supremacy, like several anthills setting up shop in the same region?

Makes Nids mad dash to the Milky Way one of competition to get tasty meats rather than a unified blob

Stop trying to force this meme that swarmlord keeps getting killed over and over again. If Ghaz hasn't died yet then it's most likely neither has swarmlord

>Stop trying to force this meme that swarmlord keeps getting killed over and over again.
>The Nid 'general' whose job is to 'end the source of a Hive Fleet's stress' and is pretty much immortal hasn't died in the last hundred years while fighting against a never-ending onslaught of Orks with cutting edge Mek tek on a single planet
Swarmy's probably gotten killed more than once on Octaria user. He just gets better and comes back to the fight (which is just fine for the Orks).

'sides, I'm pretty sure user was making a joke, given the spoiler text.

How did leviathan even GET to Baal?

I get they were attacking from "below the plane" but why would all of the fleet hit Tempestus then suddenly the majority (enough for their defeat to cripple Leviathan as an entity) appears on the other side of the galaxy at Baal.

WARP
MAGIC

You mean the official codex, art promos, and artist spot lights have really been coloring books this whole time?!

>all of the fleet hit Tempestus then suddenly the majority (enough for their defeat to cripple Leviathan as an entity)
You answered your own question user.
It's because they were coming from "below the plane".

Leviathan's Hive Queen had her Fleet's tendrils popping up EVERYWHERE prior to 8e. Tempestus, the Octarius sector/Octarius War (which in and of itself was a huge drain on the fleet's ability to manage its resources efficiently due to Orks flat out ignoring the Shadow in the Warp), a couple Tau colonies... there were more places with Leviathan than other Hive Fleets throughout in the entire galaxy if I recall.

The largest single tendril in the fleet going for Baal after it entered the galaxy isn't that unsurprising, since it was already headed that way before the Great Rift opened and fucked everything up for Leviathan.

Ghaz hasn't been killed once either and the tyranids actually have dedicated assassin units. Also the hive mind doesn't treat swarmlord like he's expendable, even if he is immortal. Swarmlord dying would heavily shift momentum onto the Orks side and break the eternal stalemate. Every other battle in which swarmlord or the main hive tyrant was killed, the swarm lost

I guess I just always thought of tendril's as scouts so it seemed weird.