Khorne = Lots of violence, blood and guts which is pretty cool

>Khorne = Lots of violence, blood and guts which is pretty cool.
>Slaanesh = Lots of sex and self indulgence which feels very good.
>Tzeentch = The gratificating feeling of pursuing knowledge and the power to challenge reality itself.

>Nurgle = You are a diseased almost undead, also emotions such as fun, pleasure or growth are devoid.

Can someone explain why would anybody follow Nurgle? All the other gods have fun things, Nurgle seems to only apply to emo gothlords.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ltf6jaU9Ioc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't worry
Be happy

>You're about to die to Space Aids
>You really don't want to die of Space Aids
>You don't have any skills that could stop you from dying
>Some guy from the local Leper colony is going on about some jolly god who loves you Space Aids and all and won't let them kill you

Nurgle is for people who have given up all hope and just want an out, and they're willing to trade their soul to get it.

The thing about Nurgle is that he's not directly offering you good things on paper. Sure his followers are screaming about his gifts, but to the average onlooker that's just a giant zombie monster thing trying to spread horrible deadly diseases. How Nurgle works is that he gets you down to the lowest he can. Stagnation, sickness, filth, famine, anything that makes every waking moment of your life pain. Then he offers you a way out, by saying that if you just embrace it, accept that everything is garbage and everything is doomed, you'll be happier. So you do, and get turned into a crazy guy who loves the sickness because you're now part of it, and can live through it.

You might have cancer, then the other three won't help you.

> Emotions such as fun or pleasure are devoid

Mate, Papa Nurgle is the jolliest guy there is. He and his have fun all day every day, becauze they've embraced a freeing sort of nihilism.
Go with the flow man.

>These guys aren't happy.
C'mon now user... Think before you post.

>Ripping the cancer out
>Do so many drugs that the cancer dies
>Mutating the cancer into a clone of yourself

That's kind of funny, but not how it works.

It is with the power of the dark gods.

You generally don't just think "boy I would love to be a sex crazed maniac who slices his own penis open for the sexual thrill" it is a slope that you slowly slide down until you are a full blown heretic.

Nurgle is the god of death and decay but also numbness to that death and decay. You hate your life and nurgle makes you numb to the pain of life.

Khorne is the god of professional sociopaths, people who join the military or police so they can legally kill people.
Slaanesh is the god of trust fund kids who never had to deal with conflict or suffering and thus need ever greater extremes to thrill themselves
Tzeentch is the god of politicians and businessmen, manipulating and misleading people for wealth and power
Nurgle is the god of wage slaves, people who simply want each specific day to end as soon as possible

Everything that Chaos offers is a lie. Khorne's violence is unending and pointless. There's no real victory because nothing matters except battle itself. Slaanesh makes you need to delve further and further into depravity to even feel anything at all. Tzeentch is fickle and incomprehensible. If he hasn't turned you into a tentacle monster or a potted plant yet, it's because he still needs to use you as a puppet to accomplish who knows what. None of them satisfy your desires. They turn you into addicted abominations.

Nurgle's gifts aren't any more destructive. He's just more honest.

>"boy I would love to be a sex crazed maniac
I agreed until this past.

Can't I have full degenerate lust without masoquism? I prefer sadism.

>Khorne's violence is unending and pointless.
Killing enemies is fun.

>Khorne's violence is unending and pointless. There's no real victory because nothing matters except battle itself.
Since when did he claim any different?

As fun as sticking a needle through your scrotum or understanding the seventh layer of irony or poking that oversized blister thats just about to pop, yes

What does Malal offer?

No. If you're going to serve Slaanesh, go all the way or go home.

I though it was go all the way or be used to go all the way.

It's not a lie, it's acceptance of the pointlessness. It's affirming that feelings, pure, unadulterated emotion, is the only thing that matters. Rage and bravery, pleasure and striving for perfection, knowledge and secrets, acceptance and relaxation, these are the things life is truly made of. The corpse god only offers a brutal death, a sacrifice to humanity's denial of reality. The chaos gods offer more. Either way, when you die, it will be horrible, and you'll probably be eaten by a demon. At least with chaos you get to express life, instead of suppressing everything that makes it worth living, before you die. And maybe, if you're lucky, YOU will be the one eating the demon when you die!

>"Their faces were twisted into grins but in their eyes was hopeless despair."

Some people want to abuse you, some people want to be abused, user.

Nigga thats not how that shit works
You stick your dick in a daemonett and your on the slippery degenerate slope now
Maybe you'll meet fulgrim
The fuck you on about?
Nurglites are the most happy followers of them all
Sure your a walking worm infested tumor, but your happy

Read Liber Chaotica Nurgle. It covers this exact question.

The gist of it is he's the god who makes people follow him out of the belief that he's the only one that can save them. He openly thrives on the continued suffering of his followers, but keeps them from death.

Self-destruction. Plenty of market for that.

Nurgle is also seen as a god of survival, the drive to live inspired by the knowledge of death.

Tzeentch sounds like the worst one to follow
>transforming into a cog just for more magic

Papa Nurgle is the only one who loves you in the hellhole that is 40K

and Slaanesh would be most pleased if you wanted to do both

He didn't? I don't know what that even matters though. The point is that all of chaos gods destroy you and steal your soul. None of them are a "better" option than Nurgle.

>khorn
>get sent to some ork meat grinder and die
>slannesh
>at some point the only way to feel anything is to snort a full tables worth of cocain while on a motor cycle in a high speed pursuit with space marines while listening to death metal and sucking your own didi
>tzeentch
>become an eternal piece in his game and be rigged to lose and win when convient for him until i served my purpose and get sacraficed like any pawn
>nurgle
>get turned into a living ceselivingtumor with mega soace aids who won't die
Everyone but tzeentch followers seen happy about the arrangements

In fact it seems most of his followers are pretty pissed about being made pawns.

I disagree, but regardless, I don't think "fun" is exactly what it is anymore once Khorne has you. You can't function without violence anymore. Nothing else makes you feel. You do it because you are compelled to.

Addiction isn't when you do something because it's fun. It's when you do something because not doing it is misery. It's about as far from fun as you can get.

Tzeentch is as the Tao, formless and of perfect Will. All play his Grand Game, some are simply more aware of their role. Change is the only constant of the universe, to resist this is futile. And hey, you just might get some magic powers in the course of things! Either way you die and return to the warp, the energies of your soul devoured and recycled, like a corpse in the wild.

You've never enjoyed an adrenaline rush? The exaltation of defeated enemies? The purest ecstasy of blind, unthinking, berserk rage?

First edition fluff was kind of insane and at times so bad it was funny, but there are definitely things that were done better in the past. In 1E the answer to OP's question would've been, "But you're fucking wrong," because in 1E Nurgle was all about a maniacal defiance of despair. You didn't actually actually become emotionless, you held surrender and despair in gleeful contempt. Being a chaos god who subsists on emotion, Nurgle didn't purge all of your fucking emotions. That would be retarded.

Not really
Slannesh is for those who desire pleasure because they are brunt out.
Eventually you'll have no impulse control and decide to do it anyway because you've plumbed the depths of sadism.

What the fuck is this shit?

When did they start making stuff like this? I mean, bummer about the paint job but still

I'm glad you don't have any experience with addiction, but has it right. It's not a fun or exhilarating thing, it's just that everything else fucking blows

Wasn't a character in the Night Lords books whose whole arc is "why being a khornate sucks"?

Oh look, it's those orc rip-offs.

The best part of this mephistophelian deal is that, for most worshipers, they still FEEL the space aids. That's the real devil in this detail, most Nurgle cultists can feel every bubbling boil, every knot of their poisoned bowels, every flash of stomach-churning migraines and blinding agony of sloughing skin. It just won't kill them.

wasnt nurgle all about not feeling pain anymore?

Not every Nurgle unit gets that "feel no pain" ability, so no. He frees you from the pain of death and the pain of fearing death, not the pain of disease.

No, nurgle is hopelessness and despair and accepting the inevitable.

>Doomrider approaches
>I do ccccccccchemo! *cough*

Just doesn't feel the same

See a question i have is it does say that nurglites do often feel every bit of pain that comes from having a disease
Guess that makes plague marines literal walking pain machines
But would they really? would slaanesh not delight in how much pain they are undertaking every second of their life? and with every new disease do they not also get more pain?

Once when I was drunk at a blowout barbeque/extended family reunion, I insulted my lecherous weasel of a step-cousin, broke his nose, and beat the shit out of him. I have to admit, that was pretty fun. I only did it because he used to beat his girlfriend, who was the daughter one of my dead father's best friends. Afterwards he stopped, and he doesn't make eye contact with me anymore.

If you've got to rationalize the why then you didn't do it purely for violence.
At least, it is what I think.
There's a deep end for everything user, glad you managed to not do something worse to your cousin.
It can end badly sometimes.

experienced yes, enjoyed no. And afterwards, though I had "won," felt only shame, ire, and disgust that I hadn't handled the situation more effectively and responsibly.

Fantasies of reckless power are for the without it. Those with only experience the weight of accountability.

Literally the only god that loves you in the whole setting. He may also love the critters that live in you, and want you to play host to many of your lesser brothers and sisters in chaos, but that doesn't stop him from loving you, and he makes sure that it doesn't kill you or cause too much suffering.

Nurgle helps you bulk up, I'm swole with cysts.

>an someone explain why would anybody follow Nurgle?
The most common reason is that they were scammed into following the walking sack of pus.

Nurgle's the only one who can legitimately make you immortal.

Nigga Nurgle is the chillest person in the entire fucked up galaxy that is Warhammer 40k.

He also loves a good laugh and mischief, his lesser demons are all about being adorable rascals who will play with your guts and do some pratfalls.

His most basic demons are some bizarre looking cyclops looking motherfuckers know for counting. They just stand there with a smile counting shit and that's about it.

Also you are fucking immortal. No frets, no buts. You cannot die even if you are killed. Suck a dick Shirou.

Nurglings probably live the comfiest lives in 40k.

Nurgle is really the only choice that makes sense, if we're assuming that the person making the choice is still sane (probably not).

Khorne doesn't care about his followers, only the violence they can instigate. Let's face it, if you're not a paragon of martial combat, you're going to die within the first few weeks of worshiping Khorne.

If you follow Tzeentch you're signing up to get fucked over by your god at some point because you're just a tiny piece in the plan that will come to fruition one thousand years from now.

Retards think Slaanesh is the best because they think it's all hookers and blow... until they find out, oh, it's also totally about shoving glass up your rectum, eating vomit, blowing out your ear drums with sound, and so on, all so that you can keep up with the escalating demand for that pleasure high.

With Nurgle, you're actually appreciated. Sure you're a corpulent fucked up disease monster, but at least your god actually gives a shit about you, and is downright ecstatic to have you as a new worshipper. And hey now you have a bunch of new friends! Say hello to all the new life growing inside you, waiting to share the gifts of Grandfather. It's not a good life by any standard, but it's a hell of a lot better than getting fucked over by the other three gods.

if i remember correctly you can literally get nurglings that get to live inside of you when you make a corruption roll in black crusade
Some comfy shit having like 10-15 small nurgles that live inside your digestive track that burst out whenever you get attacked

Fedoras.

do you think The Dude would belong to Slaanesh or Nurgle

Slaanesh is more the god of hedonists.
Ever gone to have a drink with friends, had too many drinks and passed out? It's common and it falls under Slaanesh.
Also the entirety of Veeky Forums.

>Also the entirety of Veeky Forums
Yep, all of them are Slaneshi cultists.
Most of our social media and entertainment are.
Dark Prince rides 21century like a pro hooker.

Heresy would be a lot more appealing if it wasn't universally savage and disgusting

So he is basically the Christian god

Come on, if you're already a walking pile of disease I doubt you'd mind having a few pets.

Fedora pic, blah, blah, euphoric. Technically if you wanted to be more correct it'd be the Catholic interpretation of the Abrahamic God.

>Nurgle seems to only apply to emo gothlords.
also /r9k/, you go look here and it's a fucking swamp of pure Nurgle, people just being lazy and fat and complaining endlessly and getting angry at those who are less of a loser and wanting to die
Nurgle would give them something akin to death - relief to suffering.

You're both wrong

Nurgle worshippers don't feel the pain of their diseases, They still bear the marks, but are effectively immune to everything they carry.

The real monkey's paw is that if they are afflicted with leprosy, space aides or something, they don't heal from it. They become immune, they won't die from it, but their body are still festering, riddled with the ailment.

Nurgle is accepting the inevitability of death and revelling in the idea of spreading the malady as much as you can in order to make everyone like you

Nurgle worshippers are no different from those paople who are infected with real aids or other highly infective illness and actively try and spread it as much as they can

And yes, there are real people who do that

When you live in the underhive and are so riddled with infection, disease, and cancers that every time you cough you're hacking up parts of your lung and every shit is a waterfall, becoming more diseased doesn't matter.

What matters is that someone is telling you your horrible form is perfect, and he knows a God who will love you for it unconditionally.

>I don't wanna die
K
>GODDAMIT NURGLE LET ME DIE
Lol no now have some more space aids

Bottom of the barrel designs.

Not needing to care about hygiene anymore it's something which appeals to many lazy bums

I'm pretty sure you're trolling us.

But for the off chance that your not, death worshiping edgelords like ol' Morty tend to be a minority within Nurgle's followers.

Most of Nurgle's followers are people who know that they're going to become a suffering statistic due to systemic entropy, starvation, a horrible plague, or a number of other causes native to a cold, unfeeling world under the colder, more unfeeling Imperium of Man.

And it's an enemy that you can't shoot or whack with a weapon. People instead discover the embodiment decay and rebirth, and they join in. For them, by participating in the slow decline of the 40k universe, it means they aren't going to get ground under it's heel. Not just that, but it's something that's going to go to work for them, accepting them for who and what they are, making them stronger and more resilient, and giving them new life.

A festering satire of a new life, but a new life nonetheless.

And it all comes from reaching out to make sure that you're not a victim of a slowly dying galaxy.

It's a wonder how people can't see that, by his own wacky, deranged standards, Alex jumped the sharks months ago.

This is false, nurgle followers don't suffer at all as a result of their diseases. The pact they make with nurgle is explicitly about release from their suffering.

*tips*

*tips fedora*

After reading this thread and the many interpretations and theories of the gods of Chaos, I've come to the conclusion that they all are more or less like "Fuck it! I'm whatever you need me to be! Just worship me god damn it!"

Nurgle embodies safety and comfort more than any other being.

If you're with Nurgle you never need to challenge yourself or grow, you will be loved unconditionally with no expectations.

When you wish you could just stay in your computer chair and shitpost for the rest of your life and never have to really DO anything again, it is Nurgle you call out to.

He really is the god of NEETs, completely abandoning yourself to stagnancy because it is easy.

Nurgle is the only one that truly loves you, bruh.

This. All those people who have given up on life and don't give a fuck about anything would be right at home with Nurgle.

this guy gets it

Disease and rot and death aren't painful, what is painful is trying to escape them. The cure is what truly harms you because it means you are trying to get out of a state you find undesirable to make yourself "Better" and as long as you remain 'not' better you will be pained. The struggle for change is where misery is found.

Nurgle tells you to love the pain, to embrace it. If you don't fight the rot, if you learn to make it a part of you, then it cannot harm you. Why fight it? It is so much easier to just sink into it, like a warm swaddling cloth.

They're starter set minis, basically only a step up from push fit. I sort of expect meh sculpts on starter sets.

>Can someone explain why would anybody follow Nurgle?
Because you love what you have and you don't want to die or for things to change. You don't want to worry about all the shit that's going on, you just want to kick back and say 'fuck it'. You don't want to lose your children, your wife, or your home.

Nurgle is the most insidious of the gods, because while most of the other prey on the helpless, the obsessed or manic, or those that want more and more, Nurgle preys on those that have no reason to turn to the dark gods, those that just want to keep what they have, and those that are actually already content with life.

Nurgle is more like Buddha, accepting that life is suffering and suffering is caused by desire. Achieve bliss by destroying your ego and joining the great cycle of existence.

To Khorne you're only as good as your next kill.
To Tzeentch you're nothing but a pawn.
To Slaanesh, you're nothing but a hole or a dildo on a skateboard that talks.

Nurgle is TRUTH,
Nurgle is REALITY,
Nurgle is The TERRIBLE WORD that is LIFE and DEATH in the sSAME BREATH.
Nurgle understands,
Nurgle is BHUDDA,
NURGLE LOVES YOU.

Isn't Nurgle the only Chaos God with a girlfriend?

Reading Cadian Blood right now, that's exactly how it goes.

Basically Nurgle infects your planet with some super genocide murder plague that kills everyone besides those with SoB levels of faith in the Emperor, optionally turning all the dead into zombies later on.
Only ones that get spared are those pledging allegiance to Nurgle, which in most cases will be entire city districts/regiments. Everyone else dies of the plague or gets eaten by zombies.

However while many of those new cultists will be of the usual 'loyal to the death' sort, many of them only did switch to save their skins and will only fight against loyalist forces because they want to stay alive, some of them even try to (pointlessly, they get BLAMed without mercy even by guardsmen) surrender to Imperial forces if they see no other way out.

Lying faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=ltf6jaU9Ioc

Nurgle is unlike most other Gods you see, for he actually gives a shit about his followers. He delights in their successes and cries in their failures. Most people join Nurgle out of necessity, their bodies wracked by disease and plague, they hear the whispers of Nurgle. Those that choose to serve Nurgle are granted immunity from the terrible pains of their bodies and, while the diseases still plague their bodies, they dont care, for they feel better than ever before! Nurgle grants his followers a second chance in life, and thats why they love Him.
Nurglites also have a much stronger sense of comradery than other followers of the Dark Gods. They often refer to Nurgle as Papa or Grandfather, and thus see all other Nurglites as their cousins or brothers. So when you join Nurgle, you join a loving family.
And while yes, some of his followers wolo in self pity, and are grim edgelords, most embrace their new gifts. They know that, now matter how bad things get, Papa Nurgle will win in the end. This is a big terrible universe, and you are in a really shitty situation, so why skulk? Laugh! Be joyful and playful, for the universe is shity, so why bother been sad?

Nurgle is best God, that is known.

>Nurgle loves you.

TOP KEK.

Plaguebearers are actually described as pretty humourless.

From what edition is that? You cant just post a pic of text without source! It could be outdated!

>outdated
user pls.

>Let no good deed go unpunished! Let no evil deed go unrewarded!

look at the bright side, you are pretty tough when you follow Nurgle

>fat, sitting guy
Checks out.

Buddha Nurgle is an interesting interpretation.

That deal was only granted to Mortarion and his Deathguard. For other low tier rotting mooks the deals probably vary based on which daemon is handing it out.

>And yes, there are real people who do that
Those are clearly Slaaneshi cultists though.