mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:

Anyone have any of Nord Games shit?
>Ultimate NPCs: Skullduggery
>Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde
>Any of their decks, from Critical Hits DM and Player, Luck, or Loot
Bought into their most recent kikestarter, and just wondering if any of the old decks are worth getting as add-ons. Would be much obliged if anyone has copies of them or the two Monster Manual expansions.

Tell us the stories of your old aged player characters.

What's your opinion on combining settings? I want to strip the assorted dales out of Faerun and replace them with some pathfinder countries, and maybe making Calimshan more akin to Zakhara.

Best cantrips for a Tomelock? Currently looking at Eldritch Blast, Shape Water, Mold Earth, Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation, and Guidance.
Shape Water and Mold Earth are for possible shenanigans with an Alchemy Jug, and digging holes to hide in of necessary. I actually had an idea that revolved around moving a 5 by 5 cube of dirt out of the ground, then shaping water over the open hole to freeze while I'm in the hole. Then cover the ice with some more dirt. I know it's odd but it's just one combination I could do with those two cantrips and I can't really think of anything else to get, besides Viscious Mockery.

Grab EB no matter what. DPR Warlocks need to spec into it hard, and even if you aren't headed that way it's still a great backup weapon to have.

Oh I know. Eldritch Blast will be my main source of damage.

>14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 11
Best class to play with these stats? It's not in any particular distribution

Best depends on what needs the team have, DND is not a single player game and every class is better in combination with other ppl. Seems to be an OK fighter barb or other non stat dependant class tho.

Guidance, spare the dying, vicious mockery, minor illusion.

Paladin, barb, and monk would all appreciate having such well rounded stats.

Do you think my level 3 party (6 players) can take two displacer beasts or is that overkill?

Is Spare the Dying worth it if someone else can heal?

some sort of fey creature with a "hive-mind" connection to the living animals in her forest.

poachers took some animals from her forest and plan on selling them. taking control of a group of animals, she hunted them down and has them cornered. players are likely to run into this altercation.

i was thinking her using a pack of wolves would be the safest bet, but have any other interesting ideas that could be used instead?

They will fucking trash them, most likely.

Nah
Just buy a healer's kit

They can't heal if they're dying.

Anyone got some third party monster manuals that aren't in the trove?

The players will trash the displacer beasts you mean?

Piggybacking off of this guy's question, if you were to say, have 8 wolves encounter a group of players, how would you do it?

Group initiative seems like the best course of action, but how? 2 groups of 4? 4 groups of 2?

Oh, yeah, shit wording on my part.

The players will absolutely destroy them if they are at full resources.

Could make a good Immortal Mystic.

It's an will cantrip and healing magic is limited, it's also an insurance to prevent character deaths.

If you ever have prep time for a battle, Mold Earth is a Godsend.

You can literally create a slapdash fortress with that, given an hour. Pull the earth out in 5 ft cubes, then throw them on top of each other over and over, in a square around your party, and you not only get a wall that can be at least 5 ft in size, creating cover, you can also have a slapdash ditch! Imagine staging your fight in a 20 by 20 area, surrounded by a 10 ft wall, then a 20 ft long, 10 ft deep trench, then another 10 ft wall at the end of the trench! You've just created 40 ft of difficult terrain, two 10 ft walls for protection, and an arena to slam your opponents into if they can get in! Combine that with Spike Growth or some other effect, and you win almost any fight. And worst comes to worst, use Mold Earth again and collapse the wall on the enemy.

Forge Cleric is fun

Otherwise try shocking grasp or chill touch if you expect a lot of undead.

Loose earth wont be that solid though once you stack them up though. It will probably collaspe.

Pair it with some water and make a hardened mud fortress

Look at the slopes in that photo though. You can easily get a 45deg slope with loose earth.

One of the best cantrips in the game, and with access to it, you honestly can't die in the game unless its a full party wipe. It's almost too good.

While true, over time if you keep piling on, it will keep getting bigger. True, it won't be a 90 degree wall without a stabliizing agent like water, but it will still make the enemy go down a trench, then into a slope. And if the Earth you grab from is firm, then the trench WILL be a steep drop.

For everyone who uses either Roll 20 or Fantasy grounds like programs for dnd, how do you usually play out combat do you make a map, use online resources, use a blank map with just a grid, or just describe the field to your players?

If you make your maps what do you use? I personally like Dungeon Painter Studio on Steam.

I guess I still don't understand how it's so good. Yeah you stabilize them, but they're still unconscious. I guess it stops them from dying due to death saves, but an enemy could still kill them while they're down can't they?

I've used the roll20 tools to make them.

To me, it just a range healer's kit.

Jesus fucking christ

How often is an enemy going to waste their turn stabbing somebody unconscious when there are pissed off PCs in front of them?

I've been in a few situations where a PC has died from death saving throws while a fight was going on around them.

See
It's a dedicated enemy that would keep trying to kill a downed foe when there are others still in combat. It's like how people playing dead are ignored.

Its range is touch...
Hmm. Alright. If it is necessary I'll get it. Not sure it'll fit my character but I can make it work. Can't really become a powerful Warlock if all my allies die.

If you want to maximum munchkin your spell list, I suggest including Chill Touch, Toll the Dead, and Thorn Whip (via the Book of Ancient Secrets invocation - if you're not going to take the Grasp of Hadar invocation). Also consider Shocking Grasp as a sort-of-almost defensive spell.

Use Eldritch Blast for general use, Chill Touch to prevent regen, and Toll the Dead for high AC targets. If you're dealing with enemies that have high AC *and* high WIS, your DM is on to you.

It can't hurt; large swathes of Faerun were originally designed for just that purpose.
Heck, swapping Calimshan for Zakhara should be relatively easy; nothing about Zakhara's culture really depends on it being isolated from the rest of Faerun, and the people from Calimshan were originally from there (though that might have gotten retconned at some point).

I've mostly used a combination of Tiled and photoshop to make the few maps I have. Don't really have the money to spare, unfortunately, to try out Dungeon Painter Studio. It looks pretty cool, though.
>Fantasy Grounds
Holy shit this is expensive. No way my players are gonna shell out for that.

reeeeeee and so on and so fourth.

Never been more glad that I don't get it.

>Reading twitch chat

Who's this for anyways

Looks like Critical Role.

Fantasy Grounds is great. Worth going in for the $10 sub for a month to check out, at least. You get access to basic rules and SRD content with that (which is more than Roll20 has).

Once you get a bit familiar with it it makes gameplay go a hell of a lot faster, especially combat with things like applying advantage/disadvantage, dealing damage and healing, rolling initiative and saves and rolling against saves and so on.

You can cast a fireball by ctrl-clicking each target, hitting a button to roll all of their saves, then another to roll damage, automatically dealing damage to those who failed and half damage to those that succeeded. That cuts the time for AoE spells down by like 80%.

Bought one of the new wotc 5e minis, still working on painting it. What kind of glue am I supposed to use to attach the mini to its base?

Speaking of Crit Role, anyone watching right now?

It does look nice, but I can't pay a premium for something like that, and I doubt my players will want to, either. I'm fiddling around in the demo right now and yeah it definitely has a lot of depth that Roll20 doesn't have.
I'm way behind, so no. I did watch the battle royale, though. That was fun.

uhuh

I'd say pitch it again once the Unity update comes out. That's going to add dynamic lighting, ad-hoc map creation, and weather and lighting effects for maps, alongside a ton of other goodies.

Really they just need a limited free demo for people to use like Roll20. I love FG and the devs are chill but it's held back by its original permanent licensing system.

Two-part epoxy or bust.

No but really just about any glue that bonds to plastic would work. It's not that big of a deal. Maybe scuff up the bottom of the fig and the top of the base with sandpaper if you want to be overly sure.
I hope you're thinning your paints.

With no enemy within range, the barbarian hit the earth in his fit of rage.
>rage remain active

Warlock is for...

Pleasing Titania big titi.

Blasting.

Fun

Incoming TPK

>Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then
>hostile creature

I mean it's all good if it's a one-time thing for fun and such, maybe make him bash his head into a rock and take damage next time, but consistently using that tactic is bs and should not be allowed.

No way. You're serious? After everything they've been through? Fuck, tempted to watch, now.

Power Word: Death on Vex, done.
Disintegrate on Vax, done.
That's already -2. Looking forward to dat TPK.

Retract that, Disintegrate was actually counterspelled.

Aaaaand Matt with the retcon

He loves that party and surely doesn't want the story to have such a bleak ending. I can understand him

However, the way it goes, there probably is nothing they can do. This party is shit at tactics.

Just tuning in, any chance of a recap chief?

Power Word: Kill on Vex.

>haven't attacked a hostile creature
if you attack your allies they become hostile. Problem solved!

>This party is shit at tactics.
No surprise, they had no idea what they were walking in to.
Sometimes Matt is pretty bad at telegraphing (hell, even hinting at) what's about to happen. I think he gets too caught up in marveling at how clever he is.

>Party goes to the Shadowfell and finds a big tower with Vecna, Delilah Briarwood, and a Death Knight waiting for them on top

Well, the whole city transferred from Shadowfell to Material. Party Earthquaked the obsidian tower, but the top left hovering in the air, and Vecna appeared above it. They're fighting him, Delilah and what's-his-face Lord Briarwood (now as Death Knight) and getting their ass kicked bad.

Cool, thanks. Opened the stream and they do not look happy.

They're doomed, right?

>They're doomed, right?
They're suuuuuperfucked

I don't watch this gay show, but I hope they all die. So on a scale of 1-10 how boned are they?

Well, probably not. Taliesin rightly mentioned that the enemy tactics is kinda 'top-heavy', they burned a lot of high-level stuff.
Ooops, Grog got banished. Yeah, they're fucked.

Well at least grog gets to rage through the shadow fell until he goes insane

Well, they're fighting Vecna with no plan. One is dead, another has been banished from the plane they were on.

I give it a 8.

Bye Vax!

>Well, they're fighting Vecna with no plan.
Hehehehehehehehehehehehe

These people didn't know anything about the game before this campaign right?

I watch it, I'm quite a fan and I too hope they all die. New campaign starting at low-levels in a postapoclyptic world overrun by Vecna's henchmen? Fuck yes.

Group of 7 wolves on 1 initiative, and then an Alphawolf (Direwolf, or a nerfed Werewolf, that would be cool) on its own. Giving a group of mooks one leader makes it memorable, and not a slog fest.

They're actually fighting Vecna? Of course they're screwed.

The party member that does the most single target damage in a turn is banished
The ranger is dead (but revivable)
The rogue is super dead (True Res only)
Everyone else is mid-HP and vulnerable to another Power Word Kill

So about an 11.

>These people didn't know anything about the game before this campaign right?
Just Taliesin, the rest were newbs

Two dead, one banished and they're not realizing they have to break Death Knight's concentration.
They killed Delilah (the resurrected necromancer chick) though. They're still pretty much fucked.

What level are they?

I don't think Matt went so far as to give Vecna to 9th level slots.

18, I believe. They have the mcguffins of the campaign, but yeah...Vecna.

He used Power Word: Kill.

Between 16 and 18

Damn. It's looking like a TPK, but I'm just waiting for the bullshit to start.

Shit, didn't finish before sending. I meant more than 1 9th-level slot.

Even if he had just the one, another disintegrate is probably in the cards

Discord/Twitch chat are already melting down. It's pretty entertaining.

Ahahaha that DM hint to run for it

Fucking hell, just kill them, Matt. I really hope that Keileth doesn't have anything to get them out now.

Plane shift sadly.

She doesn't have 9th and 8th level slots, and I'm not sure about 7th.

I just read the spell Dream for the first time, looks fun as hell for an assassination tool.

And she burned her 7th on the _countered_ Fire Storm. I am fairly sure they're not getting out if Matt doesn't get all pityful.

What's are the more "exotic" humanoid races? Anything that, even by a very slim chance, might live in civilisation with the rest of the more common races. I'm thinking beyond player races though, like knoll, or lizardfolk, pixies, etc.

I'm trying to add a fun tidbit to my character's backstory where he had a one-time drunken fling with (weird race)

Check Volo's. Any of the new racial options should be "humanoid enough" and they all have some decent lore stuff on background.

This has just become a war of attrition that I fear the players are going to win.

I didn't tune into a thing I don't care about just to see everyone live.