Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder)

Big Softy Edition: Does your character get a chance to show off their softer side regularly? How do they let their hair down? What can always crack their stony facade?

/pgg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
current playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Current /sfg/ thread: Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3
pastebin.com/BuPgqeUd
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/psychic-reading/)
docs.google.com/document/d/1Ok-SUykx6s891dxdccwYBjm0MyVuTrstxtduVAHoCfc/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

user, Starfinder has its own thread!

Did you not get the memo?

He lets his hair down basically every night at the tavern with his friends. There's only one little girl in town that can get him to show his softer side, though, and only when others aren't going to see it.
He let her braid flowers into his hair a few weeks ago.

Reminder that you have less than 48 hours to get your Journey to the West app in! Xuande and Guan Yu types especially welcome!

Starfinder was being openly discussed even in the explicitly /pfg/ thread. The OP links to the current /sfg/ thread for those looking for more civilized corners, too. This makes sense so we don't have to struggle over name changes when /sfg/ grinds to a halt in a few days.

user, that's adorable.

So what's the party composition gonna look like for JttW?

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home (Closing in 2 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west (Closing in 2 Days)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court (Closing in 1 Week)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia (Closing in 1 Week)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous (Closing in 3 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3 (This is PLD) (Soft Close in 3 days)

Page fucking 6, asshole.

Why is this thread /pgg/ when it should be /pfg/, seeing how we have an /sfg/ up?

I need more art of Angels being adorably sweet around the innocent.

Charisma heavy, Intelligence light. So, basically, a bunch of bimbos at the moment.

>Charisma heavy

I mean, Fox Tits has some pretty hefty charisma...

I think I'm probably gonna have the highest charisma of the apps for JttW. Looking at around 32 charisma.

How about an angel teasing a mortal?

how'd you get to 32 charisma, senpai?

By dumping WIS and INT to 5.

18 (base) + 2 (race) + 3 (aging) + 2 (levels) + 6 (belt) + 1 (literally wished for it)

For what purpose

Also, how? I've only managed to get to 28, and that's by using an 18+2 at chargen, adding +2 from level up, and +6 from a headband. How'd you get it so high?

Nigga I'm old. Also is me, not .

>Aging
>Literally wished for it

Eh? That's a bit cheesy innit? What's your character's name?

WWW Greentext, because this shit was just too crazy to not notice

>Abraham revealed to not only have a chaingun, but also his own band of mercs, including a rather dim elf and a snekmage.
>Dagmar and Marcie gather any remaining townsfolk under the church for cover
>Manage to cap the farthest chaingun operator right out the gate
>Cap the second shortly after
>Magwau crits the elf to death right after Rich charges him
>Kachina and Rich play pin the snek and then hogtie her
>Mary confuses Abraham enough to have him clock himself on the head
>Jenny critkills Abraham
>Magwau decides to fucking scalp Abraham right after
>Snek agrees to tell the team where Abraham stashes his shit if she's let go. Rich adds in a clause that she spread news about Abraham's demise
>Abraham's camp has none of the party's stolen goods, but it does have a fuckton of cash
>Mary, innocent girl she is, tries to befriend the snek. She manages to convince the snek to tell where the loot was headed - to the east, to his boss' Estate. For some reason, they're really special...

Can I get the witch spell list with WIS casting?

Coming out of an encounter with a chaingun unscathed is pretty good! Here's hoping their luck continues.

No, but the Shaman spell list is similar, and that's a Wis caster

I forgot the class existed. Literally the only 1pp I've never seen in play. Tell me about it while I look it up would you please?

What name could have a company of mercenaries? So far, we have a Spanish Conquistador, a Cossack Slayer, and a Barbarian.

Old Dirty Bastards

Yay, more WWW

the Enraged, Scary Lads.

It's a 9th level caster with hexes and diet oracle mysteries.

It's pretty good my dude

>ESL
top kek

It's a tier 1 class, albeit rather low on that list. With cheesing Lore spirit and wandering hex, you can end up moving up there to be next to God-Wizards, though.

Its worth noting that by killing Abraham and saving Rosewater, WWW has successfully completed what I would call the 'book 1', of it, albeit its a short and more compact story.

Didn't make a poster this week, have last week's again

Espadas Rosso

the winds of destruction

Wasn't actually me this time, can you believe it?

How would you describe the WWW dynamic?

What are the best books for lore?

Doug, Bob, and Gordon visit the Ark Royal.

What sort of lore are you looking for?

Anything neat about Golarion, I'm new to it and jaded bynother D&D settings.

Should I use rapiers in a renaissance settings? What other (sword) options are there that fit the setting?

Read the Wiki, really. Start by Varisia and go from there.

Inner Sea Primer is probably a good place to start. Otherwise, just go for something that looks good.

What do you mean 'Dynamic'

Aldori Dueling Sword, katana, longsword, scimitar, sword cane, elven thorn blade, estoc, wakizashi

Inner Sea World Guide

>Disk slips in the framework of an app for WotR
Hopefully it's not 13 pages this time.

>it's a ladyknight

It's both amazing and poorly made at the same time. On one hand it's a kitchen sink approach to the world with Hastur sleeping next to an immortal demi-god lich and Conan the Techno Barbarian vs. Robots living not too far from not!Mordor minus the evil eye looking on you. On the other the other hand there's dozens of interesting interactions and surprisingly in depth interactions with some of the more written about nations and usually the nations who stick to a theme nail it. The afore mentioned techno barbarian land isn't exactly what you expect, the not!Russia of Irrisen breaks a few molds and in general you can find some neat tidbits and characters from almost every country and eventually you might just find one you prefer over others.

As notes Varisia is a good start as it has the most AP's and modules that involve it. Two the other big ones you should continue afterwards would probably be Cheliax due to it's prominence in the setting and Taldor since it also is a fallen kingdom and, while not the most interesting, it too is prominent in the immediate history of the setting.

But really just choose one or two nations you want to focus and either pick up book, see where their gazetteer's are from the trove or binge on the wiki articles.

At least she comes with her own demonic lover.

I wonder, would the Scottish serve as barbarians, or are there better choices out of there for a renaissance setting?

What would be a good name for the Byzantine Empire and Constantinople?

Land Grabbers Inc.

Byzantine Empire and Constantinople.

Russia and Moscow.

Ottoman and Istanbul.

Istanbul? Not Constantinople?

Russia and Tsargrad.

Greece and Miklagard

Greater Hellenic Greece, Turkey, and the European Free State of Constantinople.

>3 (aging)

What? Like for how old you are? You only get a +1 from that.

Th ensoulment fic got a new chapter! Did you read it yet, user?
pastebin.com/BuPgqeUd

Aging penalties and bonuses stack.

Real thread here:
Report, hide and ignore shitposting OP and the autistic shilling.

>shit op with no relevant links
Yeah, no.

Lets have ourselves a little GM's Workshop.

Lets start by having tips and tricks that help get your players more hype for your session. or makes combat more interesting.

My suggestion. USE YOUR ENVIRONMENT! Location location location. Lava rivers, Bottomless pits, burning buildings, mountain sides.

Use something that players can interact with as much as foes can. A 30X30 Room with random mobs is gonna get boring after a while.

a 30 x 30 room with an active saw mill where someone might get thrown into the spinning blades is more interesting.

Rape your players in session

All enemies should banter. If the party is fighting wolves the wolves should be described as smug.

Just make shit up each week, your players will think you're a genius

Never let your attention wander when GMing a battle.

When I'm waiting for players to decide or take their turns, I have the enemies talk or taunt the PCs they're fighting with.
It keeps the PCs engaged and fills the battle with characterisation and flavor.

Let's say that someone casts Psychic Reading(d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/psychic-reading/) on an invalid target. Will the caster be able to tell that the spell didn't work at all, or will they just think they failed the sense motive check?

I should do this more often.

I haven't looked at an enemy statblock in 1.7 years, no one is the wiser

>literally more IP's on /sfg/ than on /pgg/

If you have players that memorize the Bestiaries, remember that any template can go to any creature.

If they call out the fact that an animal has a lycanthrope template, tell them "Magic."

I would certainly hope that the thread that has been around for 2/3rds of a day has more individuals posters than one that's been around for 4 hours, during the slow period.

>a thread thats been up way longer has more IPs

Crazy.

>upsetti /pgg/as still trying to claim /sfg/ as part of their thread

Ahh never change. You're adorable.

>thinking we're upset and not just calling you a reddit tier retard

I grow bored.

SHOW ME YOUR THICCEST BUILDS!

and by thicc, i mean anything that has CON as its primary stat.

Pre Patch Scarred Witch Doctor comes to mind.

Any concepts you'd like to roleplay that you're certain you could never pull off?

Is DSP's mummy monster class any good at all?

They're all overpowered bullshit.

/sfg/ runs circles around /pgg/, especially if we discount the shitposting.

/pfg/ is slow as hell today, though.

Shield Hero

It relies too much on teamwork.

>pfg is slow today
Care to help me build a Tome-Smiter (Class not archetype) then? I feel like katana is still the most fun weapon of choice.

docs.google.com/document/d/1Ok-SUykx6s891dxdccwYBjm0MyVuTrstxtduVAHoCfc/edit?usp=sharing

Tell me about your 「Bloodline Power」
Your 「Drive」
Your 「Stand」
Your 「Unique power」!

What sets you apart from the others?
This won't be used against you in any way

I put people to sleep. Then shank them. Sometimes not with a knife!

「Sealed Power」
My character can't fight at 100%. His power limiter is reduced the more dire the situation, but by that time, it may be too late!

I... I don't know if this is a JoJo reference...

My 「Stand」 is 「Welcome to the NAP」

I cannot attack someone without their consent but any harm done to me i can return a thousand fold!

How do you calculate the speed of making items without a DC? Cause, I assume it means they're an automatic success, but that also means they'd take an infinite amount of time to make if you follow the formula.

I'm specifically wondering about making a couple of kegs of gunpowder for recreational purposes.

If it doesn't have a crafting DC, then technically you can't make it.

The alchemical reagents list has saltpeter and sulfur and I doubt charcoal's exactly hard to find. How fucking hard is it to take that shit and mix it in a bowl?

>he thinks it's just mixing them in a bowl
Enjoy your sizzle and smoke

You do realize that that's irrelevant, right? We're talking about the rules as they exist, not whether they make sense. If there's no DC to craft something, that means that by RAW it cannot be crafted. Anything else is solely by the GM's discretion.

Well, yeah. They're dry ingredients. The fuck are you supposed to do with them, other than mix them in the right ration and stir the living fuck out of that shit with a mortar and pestle until you get a homogeneous mix. The saltpeter acts as an oxidizer, the other shit acts as fuel. Congratulations, you now have simple black powder.

Cause, it's not like you're making modern day gunpowder, you're conquistador-tier stuff. And that's how they made it. If it works for the guys with pointy metal hats, it works for me.

I can be your racoon woman.