>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2UI

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hakz6mMDTOM
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/230406-carcharadons/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do I into making a weirdboy look weird?

I was thinking maybe pale skin, blue skin, or having him caked head to toe in blue and white body paint

Got a bunch of basing supplies so based my skullcrushers, all except for one, who sacrificed his base for the metallic lord of khorne on juggernaut i bought, since it didnt come with a suitable base. Still need 6 more of them for my army list. Anyone know where to get bone bits other than just skulls? Advice and critique always appreciated!

Love the red armour on the fourth down dude, real nice!

New daily Dunc

I love that burned paint in #3

youtube.com/watch?v=hakz6mMDTOM
Duncan what are you doing

I don't like the Khorne styled minis but great job on painting them

>having him caked head to toe in blue and white body paint
The best desu, but you have to make it look like paint

It looks pretty good

Can WIP make these look good?
HARD MODE: no conversions, just repositioning
>inb4 "no"

I am not that much of a kitbasher/builder. But here is the final balefire catapult made out of a corpscard which missed the rider and some other pieces, some leftover zombies and other bits.

why is the jump pack attached to the back of the head. who at gw thought these looked better then the current jump pack marines

Well, they don't fill the same niche

Zombie mortar? Fuckin' dig it.

death Guard diorama WIP. from 30k through to 41k.

I'll do a Nurgle lord, then Daemon Prince next. Or maybe a spawn. It's kind of a cross section of the legion at different times.

Thats an awesome idea. I might steal that for a different legion.

Was wanting to create a second found Iorn Hands chapter so i can play chapter master smash fucker

I was going for a skeleton looking vibe for their scheme, any suggestions?

>why is the jump pack attached to the back of the head.

They're *heavy* jump packs. Space Marines with jump packs have an increased movement characteristic and can move over intervening models. Inceptors can actually *FLY*; it's one of the keywords on their profile and comes with some additional roolz.

>who at gw thought these looked better then the current jump pack marines

Someone who was a Wil Rees fan?

I have an idea for an army after watching ghost ship last night. I want to do a custom army for tournies aiming for best painted but also have it playable on the table so maybe you guys can help.

I want to do chaos demons with an underwater theme. Seekers on steeds painted like sea horses. A keeper of secrets for the crab class and maybe some screamers are manta rays. This brings me to nurgling which I want to do shellnumemon style. Get shells the right side and then put nurgling popping out. Put two on each base.

I want to do a defiler and maybe some marines in corroded armour. Do super heavy rust and give them all filter mask heads to push the theme.

What else would fit well in an aquatic theme? I had thought of painting plague bearers as drowned men or maybe adding coral to them but I'm not sure. Welcome to all suggestions though.

Painting my Primaris spess mehreens as Howling Griffons. Need to neaten up the edge highlighting. I hate edge highlighting.

Damn, that looks slick! Good on ya for picking a more challenging colour scheme!

Put some white on the legs too, or it will look like a loli. Pic related

I love that. You're the first person to make me want some space marines. I look forward to the finished article.

Finally got my hands on another one of those artificer armour models with the "cyclops" visor! Plus picked up a few uvva ladz (and a Panzee dreadnought) because the prices were too good to pass up.

For my Guard army I'm doing some recruitments from a feral and using some sigmar models to represent them.

Right now I have Sisters of Thorn as Rough Riders, some Elf Witches as Death Cult Assassins and right now I'm trying to get some Crusaders going. I can't decide between the two. I like the mask because it's part of the SoT kit so they look like they could be from the same world. However, the Witch Elf mask head also looks cool because it kind of looks like Baraka from Mortal Kombat.

Any thoughts on which one looks like a better fit?

Cut the horns off the helmet and add them to the mask.

He lost his torso to naughty nieces. What shall we call him Veeky Forums ?

Batanon here, finally done with painting this fellow.
Took me 3 days in total, but I'm a lazy fuck, so I was only painting for about 2-3 hours a day (and half of this time was spent on watching stuff in the background and waiting for paint to dry).

I still have to touch up the metal antenna on his backpack, doesn't look quite right to me.

Porco Rosso

and just to show a bit his backpack

helmet

He's a knight. Gotta have a proper helmet.

Oh and I remember one user asking about a wet palette.
This is the one I use. It's literally a lunch box with baking paper and water in it.

>What shall we call him Veeky Forums ?

Officially, his name is "Bibendum". Here in the States, we call him "the Michelin Man". It's more marketable.

Growing slightly more numerous every day. I'm gonna go hard this weekend when I finally get enough time away from work to crush this box set.

I love him like he was my own son.

They look pretty nice user, but I their bases are a bit plain. Have you considered doing anything with them?

I like how you can see the process of creating different tones and higlights just by looking at it.

Also, nice mini, can't waith to see the whole unit finished.

I'm looking to reproduce the color scheme you can find here (pic related):
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/230406-carcharadons/
Can anyone help me in finding citadel equivalents for Dark sea grey and Light grey?

nice model m8 but yeah that metal thing on this back kinda ruins the whole thing a bit. if I were Id just cut it off

Yeah, while slight, I borrowed some ryza rust and used it on the far right one. Looks a bit better than the others.

I think you're right, though. I have kind of an earth works trench theme on my basing, I should pop some of my wire and water effects here and there. Maybe on the sgt.

>if I were you, I'd
fuck my phone

get on my level feggets

I have to say, that effect is FUCKING AWESOME.

What model is that? :D

WHAT

THE

FUCK

thats so great user. i had to look like 30 seconds to realize its an actual pic

Is it a gundam?

>paint paint to look like paint
the ultimate challenge

Horey sheet

Looks like a HG Zaku 2

add some squad/company markings on his shoulderpads and I'll give you a 10/10

also nice trips

mount the guns as turrets on the shoulders. have the hands holding throttles instead of guns with longer tubes that connect to the jump pack. bend one of the knees more. add some rocks to the base.

It's surprisingly difficult actually

I think I know what happened to the top half ...

Anyone got any tips on making blanchitsu style bases? Easter egg nurgle user posted his technique a while ago and I'm looking for others

>the guy on the left

What the fuck? Is he supposed to be diving head first into the enemy? That's some heavy repentance right there.

>hazard stripes on his battery pack
that's a nice touch

I think he's supposed to he a daemonhost

cel shaded? interesting. not especially difficult but an interesting look and well executed.

That shit is clearly fucking photoshopped people...

Stay Puft Jr. I understand your troubles,
good thing they only lost the torso, I hope

there are other people who do this sort of thing user

Please tell me about how my conversions are shit, my painting is mediocre, and I need to drill my barrels

That's paper craft. It's just stupid gaining who think it's painted.

I thought of doing some infinity animated style though

my only gripe is the bare arms and heads. they have just about the best of the best armor that mankind has, buuuuut lets not wear it. also drill your barrels

The real question is how well it holds up outside of fixed angle images.

Love it. Drill your barrels though, it will be the best decision you've made in a while.

>they have just about the best of the best armor that mankind has, buuuuut lets not wear it.
That's kind of part of the joke I was going for giving them bare arms and heads. But I understand what you mean. These guys are pretty much the only ones in my army who aren't wearing their full armor because they are the joke squad.
Also the barrels aren't drilled because I don't have a drill yet

Your concersions are shit, your painting is mediocre, and you need to drill your barrels.

I think these, used very thinned down white for the brightest highlight

I am impressed by your bravery. I would be embarrassed to even post those. The painting is so fucking bad man.

Just finished my Russ

>try to do model quickly
>try a new spray paint on a test model
>still takes over 5 hours to paint

I didn't even bother highlighting, just washing. Fucking hell.

Does Gee Dubs sell transfer sheets for Imperial Fists?

See Luckily, everyone and their mother has eight hundred thousand leftover from when they used to put them in boxes if you ebay it.

Otherwise... forgeworld has a big one.

I was disappointed they didn't put us on the new one!

No but FW does.

>Does Gee Dubs sell transfer sheets for Imperial Fists?

Just ask yer mates who *don't* play Imperial Fists for their spares.

According to Google only three other people have thought this was a good idea.

Aside from the Apothecary heads from the Grey Knight Paladins and Deathwing kits, is there any techmarine appropriate head out there for terminators? All I can think is maybe just using the resin techmarine's head.

Could maybe get a cool look with the armored Centurion heads

Brother Creosote.

look into the Chaos lord kit, there is a "bare" head there that looks fitting.
of course, if you want something with a more mechanical look - and why wouldn't you? - there are those "half-metal" faces that I belive are from the Space marine Captain kit, or one of the Deathwatch guys from Cassius kill-team, he's loaded with cybernetics.

Wow what a coupl of rood doods

At least for me I need it to be helmeted. I have the head from Forgeworld's old character kit that's 90% bionics but the rest of the squad I've made for him is all helmeted.
Anyone know if there's anything useful in the Wolf Guard kit?

think he's talking about these, man

Warpsmith head or the hooded deathwing knight with breather

The centurion heads are armored and look terminator-y. Could also try the Salamanders character from Deathwatch: Overkill, he had a cool rebreather and you could give him a bionic eye if you wanted to tech-ify him more.

Anyone know what part (the Wings) is used in this kitbash

Tired of just "grey" grey knights, it that makes sense

blood angels jumpacks golden guys angi-somthing

Try black gk

found them, thanks

What GW color should i use for painting black? I want to play Iron Hands but have no idea where to start.

50/50 mix of Abaddon Black and Eshin Grey?

black primer, then abbadon black, hightlight wie enshin gry for example and biltgun metal +wash for silver parts

There is a painting guide in citadel's painting space marine book.
Should be abaddon black - dark reaper - thunderhawk blue

I just use Abbadon black and then highlight with dark reaper, thunderhawk blue and administratum grey.

I like em in red, vicky lamb style.

fuck me i can't type for shit..gonna go sleep

addadon black, eshin grey, boltgun metal *

Do i drybrush the eshin grey?

user get the citadel painting guide for space marines from OP.

Only problem with that is you can't add battledamage.