AdMech 8th edition thread

40k general is too caught up sperging about Chadmarines. Post shit about 8th edition AdMech.

Kastelans explode now and that is hilarious. Picture it, a squad of 4 kastelans with powerfists and flamers going on a suicide mission with built in bomb vests. I already have strategies to fuck with people.

Really betting on those sixes

Got a m8 who has juat started an admech army and im building up on my nida for 8th. Do you boys reckon there ahould be good battles between those two? I personally love admech and xant wait to see them in action

Has GW got rid of templates? The onagers eradication beamer has no mention of using templates.

Also rolling D6 for wounds and treating 1s and 2s like 3s is sexy as fuck.

Templates are gonzo bro. Go to the 40kg and get your hands on the rule book

Shit really? Now flamers hit whole units. Rip gaunt swarms lol. But still, I'm a bit sad that rangers lost precision fire on gal-rifles because that was my warlord kill strat. I guess it makes up for now having rapid fire.

It's a bit more random then that. Flamers and all other template weapons now roll D6 or D3 to determine how many dice you roll to hit with. So a flamer will only ever hit 1-6 enemies each time you use it.

The new rules mean Icarus Array seems far and away the best Dunecrawler loadout

How so?

I've noticed that vanguard now have strength 3 and the rad-rifles are s3 as well. That doesn't look good.

it puts out 10 shots at 4+ instead of 6+ as in last edition. even at 2/3rds health it's still 5+ instead of 6+. I think the mathhammer works out (also you can now split targets so there's that, too)

I could be misreading somewhere

But they spit out 3 shots per man even while advancing and are overall better troops than Rangers and Kataphrons.

they also have the radiation in close combat benefit, further pushing them over rangers. I think Destroyers could be good paired with Vanguard, though - Heavy Grav Cannon is pretty sick

Keep in mind that Plasma Calivers are also Assault weapons so if you take a squad of cancer boys with 3 calivers you can advance while shooting pretty easily.
Vanguards are deadly good this edition, don't underestimate them just because of S3.

Anyone use the secutarii elite upgrades from FW? I loved them in 7th, they were so useful. But I dont think FW updated them to 8th.

They'll be in IA14, which is a sign that's nice and close.

they always were strength 3, if you were playing them as S4 you weren't reading your codex at all.

I plan making one, but I'm keeping two with the eradication beamer. My meta has very few fliers and I'll need those harder hitting weapons.

I like that we can actually take dominuses now, and that I don't need to take 3 onagers in the same unit to get my invuln benefits now. Onagers seem like a great bargain what with their good accuracy, access to rerolls from the dominus, ability to regenerate wounds, an armor save, and the ability to move and shoot with no penalty.

I'm annoyed my infiltrators with stubcarbines and power swords are objectively the worse loadout, now I need to swap them over to flechette/tasers. That said, they seem like a good anti horde unit what with all those shots/hits.

Finally, transuranic arquebuses are nasty now for character sniping. I'm glad I've got some small ranger units packing a couple of them apiece. They'll come in handy.

I kind of want to get more admech stuff but honestly I kind of feel like I have everything I could need, especially since IG is my main army and covers a lot of gaps anyways.

3 shots per man? 30 shots in a unit of 10. That's a lot of dakka.
Oh yeah, almost forgot about plasma guns. True enough, I just though that I have to hit all the Chadmarines on 6es. Though, if I do hit I get to add 2 extra wounds so that's not too bad.

Think GW is going to make any more crazy AdMech units to sell my kidney for? I'm hoping that skitarii get some kind of a flyer. Like the IGs or something. It doesn't need to be a transport, all I want is to have a cool looking AdMech themed flyer.

Oh thank god, thats good to hear. I have 60 models upgraded thats just been sitting. Thanks for the help, machine-friend.

It's the best all-purpose loadout but if you're trying to kill a heavy tank or knight you really want the laser.

We kinda lack heavier AT aside from those, awesome as they are. Personally I'm going 3:1 ratio Neutron/Icarus.

I remember seeing a game a couple days ago that had a dud with a gun line of 3 dune crawlers with lasers that wrecked a knight in one turn. He rolled sixes on all but one.

I definitely prefer the neutron lasers. My lgs is just chock full of landraiders, tanks, terminators and chadmarines. I need all the ap i can get, the array just hasn't been too helpful.

>Picture it, a squad of 4 kastelans with powerfists and flamers going on a suicide mission with built in bomb vests. I already have strategies to fuck with people.
Why would you want to do that, when you could have those Castellans throwing down 72 S6 AP -1 shots down the field every turn?

I'm enjoying a lot of Admech in 8th. Dunecrwalers rightly act as godly anti-Tank, vanguard cancer the shit out of hordes, Infiltrators slice n' dice anything short of a terminator, and Kataphrons are the battle servitors I always wanted.

But I feel like the army doesn't fit with Detachment loadouts. Lack of customizable (or more than 1) HQ and reliance on lots of troops doesn't mix well with matched play AS IS. Hopefully once codexes come out we'll get something more unique to simulate the tech-priests ruling in orbit.

Though with how buff bubbles work and reliance on HQs for that, how would Skitarii mix? Hopefully we just get straight doctrines back, that's what I want.

>72 S6 AP-1 shots
It's AP-2, which makes it the ideal MEQ and GEQ killer, though maybe it's a little expensive for 9-18 4+ to hit shots. I like how it makes you think tactiacally in deployment and moving, if you park them in the right spot they're damn unkillable. 2+/4++ is even better for when advancing, but overall I prefer punching guys to shooting.

Yeah, HQ taxes on that army are crippling. They seem reluctant to do any "move X to X slot" stuff like 30k has all over the place, and we HAVE to take 135 point monobuild HQs. Hoping that IA14 will be our saviour there, since it's our biggest problem. Give me a decent FA choice, a cheap HQ and a Transport and I will be happy. Give Vanguard and Rangers Hazard Protocols and I will be ecstatic. Hoping for something like the Secutarii Axiarch but for Skits, buffs our troops and is cheap.

Add Cawl, now they hit 75% of the time and bodyguard him well. Two of those + Datasmith + 3 Crawlers will be my shooty deathblob with beefy invulns and 2+ Shroudpsalm saves, plus repairs.

Being able to repair your Knights like Chaos can would be nice

I would argue its worse than last edition. It has the shots, sure, but we have that elsewhere in our army. Now with neutron lasers hitting on 4s against flyers, and rerolling ones for dominus nearby, they still are damn good against them. And the way haywire ate the big dick nerf this edition, they are our only answer to big guys.

It's an expensive distraction carnifex with an explosive finally. Plus watching a land raider get torn to shreads is hilarious.
Watch some kastelans Wade into a IG gun line and explode once they realize the damage they can do, and take out whoever the robots missed.

I think you are GROSSLY overvalueing d6 mortal wounds with a short range on the roll of a 6 that can ALSO hurt the squad the robot exploded from.

Sicarians vs Electro Priests: The former range from mediocre to bleh but look awesome, and the latter shoot out mortal wounds like candy, but look like shit. What do?

>Haywire nerf
So arc rifles and ruststalkers mindscrambler are the less useful wargear choice?

It's theoretical. But if one robot explodes and wounds another, that makes it that much easier for the others to die and take out all the others. Still, all my kastelans are shoot as of now.

Haywire is generally "when attacking a vehicle this weapon has a Damage of d3.
And i dont think ruststalkers have mindscramblers

MindScramblers don't exist anymore, nor do Dataspikes or Scryerskills. RIP our wargear options. Arc Rifles are way worse, but way better than a basic RadCarbine and 4 points per model, so toss them into any open SpecWeps slots if you want.

Personally I adore the Fulgurite rules. but I dislike the models and they're expensive as fuck. So I'm planning on getting a box of 20 Chaos Marauders, despiking them and augmenting them with Kataphron claws, heads and assorted cables and things, plus whatever spare weapons I have lying around, and making a squad of 20 Redemption Servitors to throw at people with the Fulgurite rules.

>MindScramblers don't exist anymore

I am sad now. that and prehensile dataspikes were the only reason to have ruststalkers. Rip

>That Neutron Laser profile
My dick is ceramite.

Can we talk about Knights here too? I'm not sure what I think in detail, but from games, mathhammer, and theorycrwft here's what I've gathered

>warden
Good all arounder. 12 shots that do well at mincing infantry, though it struggles to shoot bigger vehicles (anything T6 is difficult to kill, T7+ is a waste imo)
>paladin
Good if you can roll more than 7 shots. S8 is nice and so's the AP, but D3 damage can mean anything from really good to really pointless.
>crusader
Best of both worlds, bitch.
>gallant
Redundant. Either weapon is fine, and the guns are too good to pass up.
>errant
Too few shots (average like 1 hit) to be useful.
>Magaera
Into the trash it goes. Literally who thought this trash gun was a good idea?
>lancer
Okay for chopping vehicles, though I think the Atropos (while more expensive) does his job better.
>Atropos
Truly a god of close combat (punches a LR to death in one turn!), his shooting though earns a solid 'meh'. Godly if you roll that 6 tho
>Acheron
Awesome. The flamer is a beast, and I think this is guy is best served at killing T6 shit, and does so really well.
>castigator
I really don't know. I can't tell if the gun is better than the warden's, (don't think so as +2 shots for loss of AP seems weak), but the other stuff is nice. Warblade is nice for killing T7 stuff.
>stryrix
I don't know, honestly. The gun is either awesome- hitting like a volley of lascannons on all but the strongest targets- or total crap. 4++ is GOAT

Other general stuff:
>cerastus
Cool, but honestly how often do you advance with a knight?
>blessed autoscrumula
Cool. Healing is always nice
>chainsword v Fist
I think fist is actually better now that we have feet, but I don't care. Sword is too cool. The siege claws are cool asf though

What do you guys think?

Just picked up a box of Infiltrators and a SC!, but for what ever reason, GW has been stingy on robots. But, in actuality, GW saved me a bit of cash, as the idiots at the store I ordered from lied about their loyalty system.

Are ruststalkers useless now that haywire is useless and they have no anti-vehicle options? They could be used for removing TEQs but you have to get close to do that and it's not easy.

I'm looking to get a box for line support, because thus far I'm having a lot of trouble keeping my shit out of cc. hopefully I keep them back and alive, when they charge my cheap screening vanguard I run the vans out of combat, shoot, and then run the rusties in.

>Can we talk about Knights here too?

No, we can't. Knights don't get the AdMech tag, can't be repaired by Tech-Priests, and if they're included in an AdMech Detachment, the whole Detachment loses access to Canticles.

Renegade Knights have the Dark Mechanicum tag, and are repairable by Chaos Hellwrights, but Imperial Knights don't get any of that good stuff, and in fact, penalize you.

So no, fuck Knights, they've betrayed the AdMech across the board.

Unless IA14 has some AdMech Knights, but that shit might as well not come out until 2019 for all the fucking delays and lack of news we've gotten about it.

My robot-loving partner has prepared 35 power stand-in admech force from my collection to take against 35 powers worth of my latest project, orks.

After a single game with a squad of vanguard against imperial guard veterans, I am very fear-cited about taking them on. The radioactive miasma is going to make the boyz ill.

Semi-related: I love that Vanguard are "rad-troopers", many years back there was a game called Vor which had Neo-Soviet rad-troopers and I always loved the name.

That's one chipper-looking scion, user. Mind posting pics?

i want FW to bring over the usrarax and thallanx from 30k

Hoping for a another fast attack choice for admech in 8th and maybe another LOW

Admech is pretty good against hordes, they have Infiltrators that will FUCK YOU UP and almost everything else has some kind of anti-horde built in. I recommend light vehicle Dread Mob style and heavier infantry, we're very good at very big stuff and very small stuff.

you don't roll to-hit with "template" weapons. You roll d6/d3 and that's how many you hit. They're auto-hit.

You know that you can't even include them in the same detachment, right?
LOW choices get two of their own. They can't take away canticles from a detachment that doesn't have slots for them.

Neutron. Best anti-tank in the game, or at least in the Imperium.

Skitarii need some kind of flamers like weapon. Like an arc-thrower that basically a flamers with haywire. Maybe have an ability to auto immoblize vehicles on hit after a failed (X) check.

Here he be.

so we lose canticles if the formation contains anything that isn't admech right?

So what if I say took a brigade of IG and a patrol of admech? Would the admech still have access to canticles or would they lose it in that scenario as well?

I don't feel like making an entire admech army and would rather just run them as allies to other stuff I have, so this is going to come up pretty much anytime I'm playing less than 50 PL or a 1000pts.

This. Everything ruststalkers can do, infiltrators can do better.

Is there anyway chaos cultists can be in the same army as ad mech

Like using Ad Mech rules but painting everything chaosy and having the cultists stand in for something (yes retarded noob)

That's dark mech and theoretically.

Have to find a guy ok with going against AdMech units with marks of chaos.

Dumb question, I asked in 40kg but everyone was sperging out - Skitarii were added after I burned out on the game a long while back, they seem interesting, does anyone have a nice generic starting army list for them? Wanna get an idea as to what a starting army in 8e would look like. I guess you don't go pure Skitarii, though?

I'm leaning towards doing Skitarii and Knights (fluff wise they seem to make sense to go together). One of the neat things about these latest couple of editions is that it really feels like they're encouraging branching out from one imperium force to the next.

8th does have skitarii and admech as the same force, with skitarii being the "soldiers" of the AdMech, with everything else coming from the AdMech's byzantine wider organisation.

I'd say Tech-priest dominus, couple of vanguard squads and maybe a Dunestrider is a good 'standard' force

Get the start collecting box and build off that

Get 3 of the start collecting box and build off that.

this, the start collecting box saves a ton of money and you can usually find someone who would gladly trade/buy a dominus because they're cool looking models.

What about Ironstriders and Sydonians, which is better and why?

dragoons, always.
You have fucking TASER LANCE
TASRE
MOTHERCUKING
LANCES
Also they are a lot more survivable than in the prev. edition even tho they fail at oneshotting light vehicles like they used to.
Now they are a lot more flexible because they can virtually hurt badly anything thats not saving at 2+.

Dark Mechanicum faction when?

This user is retarded Dragoons are basically worthless this edition with their shitty weapon profile. AP0 D2? The fuck. They dont have a good target to attack apart from light vehicles which you dont need help with. And if you did a balistarii would be much better with either weapon option.

If you want them for screening you have cheaper troops or more useful melee focused units. If you need to get up field infiltrators will actually kill something instead of tarpiting with -1 to hit. So no dont field dragoons.

Thank fuck I'm not the only one who thinks so, I thought I was going insane while frontline, all the forums, and even people in the general were calling it a godsend.

Taser Lance is trash, ballistari are the only thing even worth considering

Alright 5 or 10 man Vanguard units? I'm currently undecided on whats best.
Our troops are basically screening for our heavy hitters but they still seem worth investing into.

10 man vanguard with 3 specials, 5 man rangers with a TA

Yeah, they can't damage shit, but they're a little cheaper, tougher than the Ballistarii and don't lose damage on the move. I would personally use them to poke at things and tie them up, and possibly do some cheeky scoring. They won't kill anything, but given it's only about 220 for the mandatory 3 in a Brigade they'll work OK screening the advance of all the slow infantry.

Would be nice to get rules for my ulator...

>Best anti-tank in the game, or at least in the Imperium.
Its up there, I'd give the edge to the Mortis Contemptor Dreadnough with 4 lascannons though, at least from what I've run the numbers on so far.

The correct reading of it looks to be that you can have canticles in a mixed army if their all in one detachment to me.

I just bought the ironstrider kit. WTF do I build it as?

Just getting into 40k after a few years and starting AdMech. Planning on getting 3 start collecting boxes as advised above. What are some other must have and must avoid units in the army? I heard rangers and ruststalkers are almost unplayable.

Ironstriders are really good value?

Why 3? Two is enough surely.

I would always take Warden with Avenger, Melta, Stormspear, and gauntlet, it handles the most variety of targets and has a decent price at 529. The difference between Avenger and rfbc vs t7 vehicles is minimal plus Avenger starts to pull ahead again against t8.

Dunno, 3 troops and 3 tanks seemed like the right thing to do? Is it not needed?

With how characters work these days , 5 man ranger units with a TA or 2 can be the bane of any key character. Its hard to conscript meme with no commisars

3 sounds good to me, enough HQ for the 9 cp detachment if your that way inclined

>Is it not needed?
Eventually perhaps. The start collecting kit is value but there no need what so ever to start off with that many models. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

That's an excellent starting point, I need to buy myself another two SC boxes. I would recommend a box of Kastelans for anti-Marine dakka out the ass (Build with full Phosphor, activate Protector Protocol and fire 18 shots per robot), a squad of Infiltrators for countercharge, mobility and horde-shredding and Cawl for turning those three Neutron Lasers and anything else (Hint: Kastelans) into laser-accurate doom machines with 2+ Saves half the time.

Rusties are worse than they used to be, but they now cost fuck all. I just throw mine at irritating SM MSU and watch them go, no big deal either way. Not that impressive, but good enough for stragglers.

Rangers are only good in 5-man squads with 2 Arquebi and an Omnispex. That gets you absurd amounts of sniping potential, which removes all the pesky buffs that stop you sweeping up with Vanguard and Kastys. Snipe the characters, gut the heavies with Neutron Lasers and grind through the rest with your coordinated infantry and turrets.

I would say 2 is probably a good start, since that's a Battalion that you can mess with and can be easily expanded. See whether you like it before buying a 2.5K army's worth of tanks and HQ.

Oh yeah, not recommending all that stuff at once, since that's a shitton of stuff for starting, but they're nice additions.

>went to go get my first SC box today
>fucking sold out
J U S T
U
S
T
at least i'm going next week i guess, hopefully they'll have one there

eventually you'll want that (I have abt 60 vanguard and 4 Onagers, and I want even more Onagers) but you won't need it for awhile I think.

Also how is Cawl? Is he worth taking?

Cawl is absolutely godlike, for 110ish points over a Dominus you get better melee, +2T, Canticle adjustment, a railgun melta and a couple other bits. He's pretty much mandatory, so I'm making a custom not!Cawl to be my Archmagos.

Continuing to tinker with my Nurgle list, how does this looks so far ? I feel like I need more Anti Armor.

Chaos Faction Brigade Detachment : 2000pts

HQ
Typhus – 164pts
Winged Daemon Prince of Chaos – x2 Chaos Talons, Mark of Nurgle - 180pts
Rogue Psykers Coven - 100pts

TROOPS
x20 Poxwalkers – 120pts
x20 Poxwalkers – 120pts
x20 Poxwalkers – 120pts
x11 Renegade Militia – Covenant of Nurgle, Missile Launcher Team – 64pts
x10 Renegade Militia – Covenant of Nurgle, Missile Launcher Team – 60pts
x10 Renegade Militia – Covenant of Nurgle, Missile Launcher Team – 60pts

ELITE
Renegade Enforcer – 30pts
x10 Renegade Disciples – Covenant of Nurgle, Lascannon Team – 80pts
x7 Plague Marines – Plasma Rifle - 181pts

FAST ATTACK
Foetid Bloat-drone - 158pts
Hellound – Heavy Flamer, Inferno Cannon – 110pts
Hellound – Heavy Flamer, Inferno Cannon – 110pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
Chaos Vindicator - 160pts
Armageddon Pattern Medusa – Heavy Bolter - 111pts
Wyvern – Heavy Bolter - 93pts

Oops, wrong thread, thought this was the general. pay no mind to me, corpseworshippers.

Wrong thread m8

Cawl is easily one of the best HQs in the game. Nigh unkillable and can dish out just as much hurt. Not only that but he has his own speshul canticles and is mode than capable of being a support unit too. Take him in any game above 1000pts.

This. He's got 8 fucking wounds meaning that a full-burst lascannon can't even kill him, and pair him up with a dominus for him seriously hilarious healing powers. In addition, reroll all hits is awesome around destroyers and the like

Also, phosphor blasters are the business. The fuckers are aces for cover denial

are ironstriders useable? I like the models, but I also do slightly care about a $$$ to usefulness ratio.

Tech Priest Dominus
- Volkite Blaster
- Macro Stubber

10 Vanguards
- 3 Plasma Calivar
- Omnispex

10 Ranger
- 2 Transuranic Arquebuse
- Omnispex

10 Ranger
- 2 Transuranic Arquebuse
- Omnispex

2 Onager Dune Crawler
- Laser + Cognis Stubber
- Cognis Stubber

900 Points

Now, what should I add to get to 1000 points? I could always drop some Rangers since that doesn't affect my arquebuses.

Is Macrostubber the way to go on a Dominus? Even tho you can't use it at the same time as the other ranged weapon due to the stubber being a pistol.

Drop the rangers to 5 man teams

Using the Eradication Cohort Box I have (and trying to put off buying Start Collecting!), I was thinking something like buying Cawl (on his own) and playing something like this Vanguard:

Belisarius Cawl

3 Kataphron Destroyer
- 3 Phosphor Blaster
- 3 Plasma Culverin

Cybernetica Datapriest

5 Fulgurite Electro-Priest

5 Sicarian Infiltrator
- 5 Stubcarbine + Power Sword

Sydonian Dragoon
- Radium Jezzail

2 Kastelan Robot
- 6 Heavy Phosphor Blaster

995/1000 points

The Radium Jezzail could be replaced with a Taser Lance.The limitations on models leads to a few subpar wargear choices but it seems like it could do okay.