twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not including D&D?
Can derivatives count? If so:

>Dungeons: the Dragoning
>13th Age
>FATE
>Fantasy Craft
>Savage Worlds

Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Eclipse Phase, WFRP 2e, and Mongoose Runequest.

Right now, I'm sad Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader are dead. I'm missing two OEF rulebooks (The Lathe Worlds and Faith & Coin), and now there is no-where to buy them! Can't find a pirate version, either, except for really bad scans.

Why not include D&D?

All Flesh Must Be Eaten
Barbarians of Lemuria
BESM 2nd
Mini Six
Savage Worlds

Maybe it's one of those "Quick, name five things that aren't D&D!" deals.

OP is looking for new RPGs to try, and he is already familiar with D&D so there's no benefit (for him) in seeing D&D recommended a bunch of times.

D&D
AD&D
D&D 3E
D&D 3.5
D&D 4E
D&D 5E

And ONLY WAR

I don't mind, it lets us discuss which non-d&d rpgs are good without anyone talking about d&d

>Traveller
>Kuro
>Delta Green
>Don't Rest Your Head
>Everyone is John

Whoa, check out the rebel commander here. He totally defied convention!

In no particular order

> Shadowrun
> Call of Cthulhu
> Paranoia
> Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd ed
> Big Eyes Small Mouth 2nd Ed Tri-Stat

>Dragonquest
>Home in Exile (Friend's homebrew)
>Runequest
>Dark Heresy
>Savage Worlds

>MonsterHearts
>Burning Wheel
>Trail of Cthulhu
>Legends of the Wulin
>Apocalypse World

>>Dragonquest
That's an actual tabletop RPG?

Mutants and Masterminds
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire
Vampire: The Masquerade
Everyone is John
Rogue Trader

Yeah. And it's not related to the JRPG.

fantasist.net/downloads/DQ3TSRFullRules.pdf

Very OSR in tone, with a very northern European mythological/magical bent. Magic is unreliable, and far better for trickery and perception than actually killing people. Astronomy and astrology are hugely important. Combat is very "situational" for lack of a better term. The bonuses for being behind someone are enormous compared to the bonuses you get from ranking up whatever weapon you're using, and the more powerful character is better at getting into that advantageous position than a low level one, but if a low-level guy gets the drop on a high level character somehow, he'll probably kill or at least seriously wound him.

The close combat (grappling) system does have some warts though.

Whoa, I never even heard of this.

Dark Heresy (2nd Edition), Black Crusade, and World of Darkness (New; 1st Edition)

Honorable mention to FFG Star Wars and Iron Kingdoms.

What about character creation? I have heard about the game before, and heard that it does things really differently from D&D.

Character creation has one enormous glaring flaw, which is universally ignored by literally everyone I know who plays the game. RAW, you're supposed to "try" to play a non-human, make a roll, and if you fail the roll, you have to scrap the character, and after 3 tries, you're stuck with a human. Just ignore that. (Mechanically, humans are probably the best anyway).

But as to how you create a character, it is neat; you have a kind of mix of point buy and rolling for stats. You start with a single 2d10 roll, and that gives you both a number of points to distribute among your stats, and a maximum points you can put into any one stat. Unlike DnD, this is a 1:1 cost. Raising your strength from 15 to 16 costs 1 point, raising it from 24 to 25 also costs 1 point. The table is in the pic, and as you can see, the more points you have (good) the fewer you can put into any one attribute (bad), so you get an incentive to minmax in different directions depending on what that initial roll is; low rolls super-specialize, high rolls are generalists.

Add in some stuff for your background, circumstances of birth (affects starting money and XP if you're doing just raw scrub characters), an astrological sign, and spend your starting XP on some skills, spells (if any) or weapon ranks, and you're good to go.

Apocalypse World. Purely for being such a good guide on how to GM and having the balls to hard code how to GM into the rules.

Not as much of a fan of Dungeon World as it has too much D&D baggage to really work.

only mention of eclipse phase, wow... shit taste in this thread

I have no friends/players but I sometimes play Carcassonne with my parents so that's kinda cool.

>2017
>Not able to use the internet

>Shadowrun

I really want it to be my favorite RPG because I love the setting and play it every weekend, but it's kind of a garbage fire.

GURPS
DRYH
Monsters and Other Childish Things/ORE in general
Dread
Legends of Wulin

GURPS
GURPS lite
GURPS 3rd Ed sourcebooks
GURPS 4th Ed tech books
GURPS ultralight

>not including D&D

does Pathfinder count as not D&D ?

Yesrgh.

Wow, you sure showed OP what a faggot you are.

>Your favorite RPGs, not including D&D?
> inb4 'Fatal'

Mutant: Year Zero
CyberPunk 2020
Savage Worlds
Don't Rest Your Head / Don't Lose Your Mind
All Flesh Must Be Eaten

Beyond The Wall
Ryuutama
Mouse Guard
Clockwork and Cthulhu
13th age