General Handbook
>mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/06/23/vandus-and-khul-matched-play-points-june22gw-homepage-post-2/
factorydirectcraft.com/catalog/products/1302_1998_2013-25849-wooden_model_pirate_ship_kit.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In terms of activity and popularity, how has AoS done recently? I know the release was a bit rocky but how are things now?

Is Skarsnik still alive?

We don't really know since we don't know sales numbers and all anons in these threads can offer are anecdotal stories that we can't verify in the slightest.

It did well for one-quarter which made it show up in a sales list but that's not telling us much. Furthermore, what is your definition of success or popularity?

Success = The level of financial returns it is making for GW.

Popularity = Do many people play it/has it brought many people back into GW?

A third party report based on data from retailers from a while back put it as the #4 selling miniatures war game in the US, but that report is a little old now, and didn't reflect direct sales from any product line listed

GW has never released sales numbers in that detail, only overall for the company. GW has been selling much more under Rountree than it did under Kirby, but it is hard to know what portion of those sales were Age of Sigmar.

Anecdotes from retailers suggest GW's most best selling products are the hobby supplies and boxed games.

mfw next release is more SC

probably riding lions this time

The game is dead as fuck. Just shitty rules for Skirmish, new fucking retarded Sigmarines vs Chaosmarines starter pack and more fucking 40k wanking.

Does anybody know more about shadespire? Release date? Price? The models look cool so I'm interested in knowing more. Maybe I just missed it, but I haven't seen anything recently.

It has pockets where it is really popular.

The nearest FLGS to me does 1 night a week of 40k, 1 night for xwing, 2 nights for RPGs, and 3 for mtg. No AoS at all.

If I were to head north for three hours, the game store there does 3 nights a week of AoS, with other nights for war machine and infinity. It's like some promised land of wargaming that is just slight too far to go to except on special occasions, and it isn't even a particularly large or special store.

>bloodreavers are chaos marines
>not recognizing it is the exact same models are the AoS starter
Here is your (you)

warhammer-community.com/2017/06/23/vandus-and-khul-matched-play-points-june22gw-homepage-post-2/

New rules for two meme characters

This would be cool

They have a lot of lion iconography

I mean, I see nothing wrong with Chaos in AoS.

My only problem is the dry and copy-pasted design of the Sigmarites. Literally Space Marines in Fantasy. If they were to provide a more iconic and mainline design while still being kind of medieval, I feel Age of Sigmar would be far better accepted than it is now.

Soon

Starting out sucked because of bitter Neckbeards, got a little better but now it's looking worse because 40k is basically the same rules system now.

Same problem that killed fantasy in the first place, just can't compete with 40k. Now its only worse because rules probably don't justify a big enough difference and 40k might actually be the more balanced of the two.

Well since Fantasy was always overshadowed by 40k, even in the 90s, is that really a bad thing?

>In terms of activity and popularity, how has AoS done recently? I know the release was a bit rocky but how are things now?
Well, in my area AoS just started to live desu. Remember when I was literally the only one willing to play in my city. Now you can see 10-15 players on every casual tournament so it's something

Ok, so I need some help. I have my first game of age of sigmar coming up. It's in a skirmish campaign. Problem is that I'm joining a couple weeks late so I have way less renown then my opponent who is running a list that includes (but isn't limited to) 3 tzangor skyfires/enlightened (can't remember which). I wanna run skaven. I only have 30 renown. What should I do to give me good odds?

At the moment, I'm considering using a warlock engi with reserves of courage and a cursed tome, as well as 10 clanrats. Then save up renown for a doomwheel or stormfiend or fire weapon team.

Does anyone have the Start Collecting : Greenskins box and can take a picture of the back? I lost mine and need to see the paints.

just use google, it'll take like 3 seconds

I did use google, the color names are illegible in the pictures I found

Never mind, I found a good image with a slightly different search

>same
>not 'same-same'

-1 warpstone token

so this is new thing I guess.

Or would a warlord work better?

One will lead my skirmish force. Who will it be?

the paints for ork skin are : waagh flesh, biel-tan green, warboss green, skarsnik green

boar skin is bugman, reikland and cadian fleshtone.

the rest is self explanatory

If I did the warlord, paint my stuff like the old clan skurvy or with silver armor and a green robe, like the chieftain from vermintide

Depends, what the rest of your list. If you need more shooting and magic take Ikit, if not take the warlord.

I've only got 30 points available right now, so it's probably just gonna be 10 clanrats this week. If I somehow (pretty big if there) won, I'd add 2 stormvermin and 2 clanrats to the warlord, or I'd add nothing to the warlock until next week when I'd give a weapon team of some sort or a stormfiend

Fuck it. I don't care if I win or lose. Clan Skurvy is too tempting not to do. How do I do yellow robes?

Also, where can I get a good boat?

Here

>Clan Skurvy
Averland suset, casandora yellow.

Sick. I'm thinking I'm going to find like a toy pirate ship and repaint it to be more queekish

factorydirectcraft.com/catalog/products/1302_1998_2013-25849-wooden_model_pirate_ship_kit.html

Use this user

Warlord is nice as a multi-attacks assassin but with Warlock you can use some shooting and magic phase. If you want to pick a Warlord you should choose a Soulsever Blade instead of Tome for him imo. Also Merciless Killer seems to be useful with clanrats

That's another question raised. What should I arm my clanrats with?

Blades of course. I mean spears are used with 20+ units in normal games. In skirmish you want as low to hit and to wound rolls as possible because you are losing the Strength in Numbers ability bonus. I see no point in 5+/4+ instead of 4+/4+ just for extra 1" range if you have only 10 models tho. Clanrats are shit in Skirmish so you just want to flood your opponent with them, make as many damages as possible and buy better models

Do we already have epub or pdf of pic related? Or maybe it's not released yet?

skaven are actually shit for skirmish

Burn your dumb rats and buy a real army. I recommend something like Tzeentch or Sylvaneth.

Nah mate, Skirmish is just an excuse to play games even if I have not enough time for "real" games. Rats are decent for 1000pts and 2000pts matches and okay for 50+ renown skirmish games
I seriously thought about dropping them for Nurgle Daemons but I already have something like 100 rat models - I went to far so I'm gonna stick with them until their new releases or slowly death

So I've been collecting Bloodbound as my starter army and I've finally reached 1000 points. Its just a casual list for going against friends that are also getting into the hobby.

For 1000 points, how does my list look, C&C greatly appreciated. I'll be going against dispossessed, stormcast and maybe high elves.

JuggerLord
Bloodsecrator
Slaughterpriest with wrathhammer
Skullgrinder

10 blood warriors with gore axes and glaive
10 blood warriors with gorefists and glaive
3 Mighty Skullcrushers with Ensorcelled axes.

This puts me right on 1000

I would of gotten into fantasy prior to age of sigmar; but the new setting and the sigmarines really don't appeal to me at all.

Fantasy yet lives, in fact we're entering a new golden age.

How so user?

Will the old world ever return? I really don't like the star gate setting they got going on.

It's all community run now and better for it.

We have a new RPG out next year though.

Companies like above have picked up OOP models.

Why are you even talking about fantasy here if you have your own general?

So after two to three years it will actually be usable right. Just like the abortion that was 9th Age

Played Gorechosen tonight. Pretty fun, I'm looking forward to Shadespire now.

Quick question though, in AoS proper, do you measure from the model or the base? Because my opponent had some units that were based weirdly so even when the bases were touching, the models were more than inch apart.

40k 8th ed rules for 40k when? I want new GW fix AoS ASAP

So I'm going to use the skaven warlord for my skirmish force as d throw in a weapon team later, but for the rat on the warlord's hip, I'm going to paint it as if the warlord/sealord/Captain Gristlefang died his rat bright colours as if to mimic human pirate's parrots.

Dyed*

From base. Anyone who does otherwise is an autist who gives us a bad rep.

Clan Skurvy?

Right, thanks. I actually thought an inch was a bit low. The flying marine kind of guys, persecutors I think, can barely get within 2 inches of each other because of the wings.

I have kitbashed and converted some 40 models for my armor and still have nearly a dozen more to do. With each one unique, it is really very time consuming.

What is everyone else working on?

>can barely get within 2 inches of each other because of the wings.
As a SE player, I know this pain

Anyone have any ideas for a skaven warband of 30+ renown? I'm going for a clan Skurvy theme, so I e got to use the warlord I think (I guess I COULD use an engi, but I only have the ikit claw model for that). For the 30 I was just thinking the general and 10 rats, but after that I run into the problem of finding good, fluffy models to fit in. At the very least, after the first game I could include a couple stormvermin and save 2 points for later for a ogre or weapon team. Thoughts?

this is some kind of sick joke from someone who hates elves right?

>liking elves

>elves
>aelves
>caring about them

>inb4 40k and Sigmar gets blended together in some unholy (and lawyer inspired) consolidation with some hand waving stupid reason of dimension portals being discovered and the Sigmar realms become linked to the 40k universe, to act as reinforcements for the besieged Imperium along with portals to alternate human dominated universes colonized from the Golden Age of Mankind.

Just to buy time so the Emperor can be reborn and ally himself with his mary sue counterpart saviors ala Sigmar and the other immortal demigods.

anyone know if there's a copy of the grand alliance chaos book scanned?

My theory is they will bring back wfb and introduce aos factions into the setting.
Inb4 screeching autism.

My theory is that they ignore AoS and scrap the whole game for more 40k

My theory is that the entirety of wfb and aos will turn out to all be a dream in the Emperors mind.

But Khul is great in the Realmgate series
I keep wanting to run Khorne, but i'm waiting for Vampires

>Aelves
>Duardin

Plague monks are better than clanrats for the same cost and their unit leader can AOE nuke entire warbands.

>Grots
>Orruks

Thoughts on this?
I trying to make something that'll kill some time before Vampires get a dedicated BT/Release

I'm buying a start collecting box for a cannon and bell but I will probably keep the monks only for Skirmish games

>Inb4 screeching autism
But it is screeching autism tier opinion user. They keep making stuff like TW:WH and new WHF RPG just to suck as much salty fantasyfags money as possible but WFB will not be back. Even if, it would be only Fantasy by name - 40k is a proof that GW is going to drop all these stupid fatty rules for good

Just like 9th Age, the totally better alternative that no one plays.

>Finally get a Start Collecting box
>Order spray online
>It arrives
>EVERY DAY IS WINDY OR TOO HUMID TO SPRAY

For fuck's sake, two weeks I wait now to start painting.

>not airbrushing
Expensive but it's jut so damn useful

Fuck I think I'm out of control in this hobby - it's an addiction . 2 years later, can any one beat 25K + of Death? Here's a portion.

user, but why? I have 1,5k of skaven for now and my plan to reach 2k pts is just an expensive extravagance even in my opinion

2 years and you still have that much unpainted shit? Shame, user.

In a single army, you got me beat. Could field 60k points across all my AoS armies however, and twice that across 40k. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Wow that's crazy/(me too) what do you have?

Lion rangers are a fully functional, competitive, and most importantly fun faction to collect and play. Look at all those choices... where to even begin.

swear im not bitter at all

How are Dwarfs err-Dispossessed?

Want to get into AoS.

Sturdy defenses, even some against mortal wounds, good anti magic, but no real way to generate MW of their own and I find they struggle to deal enough damage a lot of the time.

The biggest shame. Its a mountain

lol wtf do they actually think people will buy those for a faction with two units? Obviously this is why no one plays elves.

>Still no GHB2 leaks
Jesus Christ just give us something already

Can I even use unit leaders in skirmish? I own 2k points of pestilens, so I have the resources

Ok so here's my new idea (seeing as clan Skurvy won't win me much):

-plague priest w/staff (for dat aoe bomb)
>helm of authority
>inspirational fighter & merciless killer
-14 plague monks (all banners and instruments)

Add some stormvermin in later maybe, and a rat ogre

>Can I even use unit leaders in skirmish?
Yes, one per warscroll

Sweet. Guess I'm throwing in bobbo the book rat

Dead thread
Dead game

don't be afraid to branch out and grab some other chaos dudes, sometimes having lots of different options can be a real benifit. Not sure what models you got but take a look at some warscrolls, the plaguemonks book of woe is excellent and will delete most of the enemy single wound models.

If you're going up against skyfires they are a bit weaker by themselves, they'll probably end up trying to snipe your general but if you mob them in combat you should be able to bring them down.

:^)

Im debating between nurgle daemons or mortals to supplement clan pestilence

Also if you happen to have a pink horror thats a real cheap wizard you can bring along for two points and can pump out mortal wounds for you.