/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Elders of Skavenblight edition

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/xXYsyMmi

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com/

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_33_53&products_id=2118&osCsid=tjosv08ofj8umcuvejujtntbe3
warmongerminiatures.myshopify.com/collections/ex-citadel/products/tww-03
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Beastmanz.

Come on over to help translate the skaven underempire into a working component of the 40k setting.

>tfw when you spent your entire life to become a grail knight, the living embodiment of chivalry and wisdom
>some autistic, overgrown, 10 year old sperg has your entire unit outclassed

>that shitty 10 minute paintjob

everytime.

The actual Rhinox look alright, the riders look terrible however.

This thread is claimed for Lahmia.

Begone thot

>mfw bretonnian "culture"
>mfw bretonnian "society"
>mfw bretonnian "warfare"
>mfw bretonnian "history"
>mfw bretonnian "magecraft"
>mfw bretonnian "relevance"

But muh knights

>mfw the Empire's god is a sweaty, half-naked barbarian man
>mfw sweaty barbarian man doesn't even protect them from ballistic weaponry

*blocks your path*

Speaking of badly done Ogres.

Did anyone else never like Ogre Kingdoms as a force at all?

I like Ogres but the mongol horde vibe never fit for me and I never liked the design of pretty much any of their models.

Twelfth for no more image autists.

ogres are the best when they are wearing floppy hats with their halfling bros

They should have been kept as mercenaries. A few units for a dogs of war book.

>Don't even serve the true Gods.
>Think their shitty cultures matter

Get outta my face.

>Norse
>culture
pick one

I bet those fags put advances into BS.

Why doesn't Nurgle have female champions?

Red pill me on Lust Chosen.

I'd like them better as just mercs others take, probably. I'd rather have a full Kislev army than ogres. Then again I'm weird, I also hate lizfags.

He does. You just don't recognize them after the syphilis.

At least lizards in their final form had been a thing for a lot longer and were built upon even older fluff.

Mercs would have been best, but even then having an army made up of Ogres from all over the world would have been pretty cool rather than mongolians.

Also fuck Gnoblars. New goblin tribe would be fine but those kinda mushy dumb looking things, disgrace to the greenskin race.

>Also fuck Gnoblars
:^(
They have their own mini army book, though

mfw the bretonnians have a god that loves them enough to give them a ward save

They're not a horrible army, and I enjoyed their fluff and look. It's just weird to try and explain how some tribes from the Mountains of Mourn are going to travel all over the world, or other people are going to come to them, especially when most world-travelling Ogres are set up as being individuals or small groups.

If GW had been willing to risk having a few tribes settle outside the Mountains of Mourn, maybe in the World's Edge Mountains or even the Grey Mountains or the mountains in Lustria and Naggaroth, it would've made them more flexible in terms of fighting around the world as a whole force.

trying to spot the judas in there
just realized
all of them are judas

Could someone kindly name all the disciples, left for right?

When you're shitty enough in the fluff and in the rules to make Bretonnian peasants look useful and standard Goblins look alright, then you have a problem. I feel like the only reason they were included fluffwise is because having a slave race makes it easy to keep their society working without going into details, and no one wants to imagine an Ogre housewife. Ruleswise they're just a cheap tarpit for an army that otherwise does not rely on numbers.

Everything Nurgle is basically female since you give birth to Nurglings without feeling it nonstop.
All we have from continuity though is a witch somehow having sex with a Great Unclean One and surviving and a champion bragging about thicc Nurggirls to Vlad. Both sadly from End Times.

I wish some secondary company would make a female Plaguebearer though.

Ahem.
Ze Lady, tho'

Araby BSB is nearly done. I wanted to give him the wolf cape from GB hirdmen but the turban got in the way.
Problem is I wrote him as having full plate, which he does not look the part of wearing.

Would you lewd a Lahmian?

Yes.

Why are Forest Goblins such dindus?

Night Goblins squatted.

I'm not going where every man has gone before.

10 for $50 box of supah runts in power armor coming soon. Or never.
At this point I think they're just using AoS to clear out stock.

Don't be a Nipponese waifufag.

Instead of fixing the problems with horde armies I imagine they're just axing horde options.
No more Goblins, Clanrats, or Zombies.

I feel like it was a little redundant to come up with another greenskin sub species to serve as a slave race. We've got goblins, snotlings, hobgoblins, and then gnoblars. Kind of overlapping a little.

Remove Hobgoblins, keep Gnoblar.

>implying Lahmians actually put out more than once a generation

Keep hobgoblins, sell upgrade kits.

They put out as much as needed to keep their pawns loyal.

Lahmians more frequently use hypnosis, same results for less effort. Feeding, too, though you can't make EVERYONE a bloodswain.

Actual sex seems to be reserved for if the Lahmian is fond of you. Though you're definitely getting bitten at some point during or after.

In the Ulrika series there was a fat and disgusting merchant they needed, blubbering about his vamp waifu getting killed. She had to shag him to shut him up so they had time for a replacement wife to be assigned.

That was a bit of an unusual circumstance, considering that all the Lahmians in Nuln were being deep sixed. I don't think that Gabriella fucked him, either, only promising him a bleeding. Which he badly needed, because the experience is intensely addictive.

I'd be a wreck too if my waifu died.

>these noses
what did GW wanted to say?

It would be better if we had some sort of servile force that wasn't just greenskins...why not halflings? It's a bit of a stretch, but not much a rules change.

I personally like hobgoblins better than gnoblars.

Hobgoblins are cool, agreed.

My problem with Hobgoblins is as a greenskin player I can use Gnoblar minis. Any player can use Ogres for unit filler, which includes Gnoblars.

Hobgoblins are made so canonically they can only be used by Chaos Dwarf players. To everyone else, they are useless.

Is there a single evil race in Warhammer Fantasy that doesn't have slaves?

But technically there is no real difference between a Hobgoblin and a Goblin, at least not anything meaningful enough to affect a miniature. And don't forget there are a bunch of independent Hobgoblin Khans in the lore, some of which I believe have become mercenaries or the source of Wolf Rider forces.

I can understand that you can use Gnoblars as unit filler and why you would for Ogres, but I don't get why you would use Gnoblars. At best they provide some kitbashing opportunities for regular Goblins.

No.

As far as nonevil races go, only High and Wood Elves don't. Empire uses Giants as slaves, Bretonnian economics is indentured servitude, Dwarfs use greenskins as labor and test subjects/mine canaries, and Lizardmen lobotomize Norscans for labor.

High Elves have slaves. Read Gotrek & Felix.

Gnoblar kits are much better than Snotling kits, and Unwashed Masses is adorable.

Wood elves also kidnap people and force feed them until they're fat for sacrifice.

Which isn't exactly slavery, but whatever.

I thought they kept little Bretonnian boys as servants or something.

I think that's just a degenerate 4channer fantasy, but then again I thought the same thing about Morathi and Malekith, so I could be wrong.

Any Bret children talented in magic are taken by the Fey Enchantress, which is Wood Elves.
Girls come back as adults trained as priests of the Lady, which are the Damsels. Boys are never seen again.

I just assumed they got fed to the trees or something. A lot of the problem with Bretonnia's fluff was it was written in the 'let's grimdark everything' edition, and never got an update to make it reasonable.

It says in the books that they basically take bretonnian boys as servants for their feast halls, and they live happily in servitude

>give giants all the food they can eat.
>they just stand around and act goofy.
nice slavery.

Which books? I can believe it, but I'd like to know where you stumbled across it.

>Lizardmen lobotomize Norscans for labor.

What? Where?

Considering they went Emprah with Ariel in End Times, Isha likely ate their souls.

>Mother. Are you aware of the expression "you are what you eat"?
>Seeing as you are behaving like an ever-growing pile of screaming witch children.

People have talked about it like it's canon, but I admit I haven't seen a source. Kinda wish that stolen boys got made into Grail Knights to infuse them with Lady power that kept them from becoming gibbering gates to Chaos, which also explains how Bretonnia doesn't run out of them if it's so hard to sip from the Grail.

I like that idea. And it'd help with the legends of mysterious virtuous knights riding in from out of nowhere that no Bretonnian knows where he came from. They'd be weird, seem to not understand human society, and have just enough otherness to lead to humans wanting to keep away from them.

I would make them slightly different from Grail Knights though. Admittedly, with how rare grail knights are supposed to be, it's silly that you have whole units of them ready to die in droves for all kinds of stupid reasons. But I feel even if it is only a fluff standpoint that you'd want to be able to tell the difference between a Grail Knight that went through quests to earn his powers, and a Grail Knight raised from birth and gifted in magic to become one.

I'll actually need to think a little more on this for my WHFRP game.

Defenders of the forest, I believe.

I like how Knights of the Grail handles Grail Knights. Every single one is an incredible badass because they are actually quite rare.

Trying to imagine a unit of grail knights from WHFB the way they are represented in WFRP would turn them into a rape machine of a unit.

It's a good difference in my opinion. Seeing how much bullshit you have to go through to drink from the Grail, I'd have restricted grail knights to heroes or officers. Or changed the fluff a bit.

Thank you, I'll read up on it, and if I find it take a screencap.

It is an interesting idea - what if the knight in pic related wasn't just lost and away from his own army, but raised in Athel Loren?

It also explains why Bretonnia never runs out when times are too grim or too many die trying on their quest - not every magic Bretonnian boy is going to end up a Grail Knight, mind, but it'll be enough to keep up a certain number, especially since they all live so long. And who's going to argue if they're weird? They're a Grail Knight - as far as Bretonnians are concerned, you cannot doubt their virtue, almost like how Damsels can go unquestioned. And it's not weird for them to not interact with others or spend a lot of time alone in a chapel.

I don't really know how you'd set them up as different, though - maybe the Grail Knights have been blessed with some sort of divine magic, regular holy stuff, but Grail Knights raised from magic-touched Bretonnian boys are more stretching their magical capabilities so that they're constantly tapping one or two winds of magic to give them the equivalent of the Lady's divine powers, probably Gyran or Asur. But the average Bretonnian probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference without some scrutiny, just like for some weird reason they can't tell that the fey and the Fey Enchantress are elves, despite that their fluff allows for regular Wood Elf raids, Dark Elf attacks, and some sort of interaction with High Elves.

>Warhammer TV says Deathclaw is the result of the imperial Griffin breeding program
I though he was a gift to Franz by the douche elves.

>blast with artillery
How badass indeed.

The elves probably stole a baby griffin from the Imperial Zoo to give to Franz, because fuck them.

>this kills the bretonnian.
Nothing like crushing horseniggers under your jackboots

WFRP Grail Knights are basically Space Marines to the Warriors of Chaos being Chaos Marines in terms of relative performance.

Cannonballs have literally been observed to bounce off of Grail Knights. Artillery is no sure thing against them.

I'm not sure how the two varieties of grail knight would be differentiated mechanically. Maybe there is no difference mechanically speaking, though I would enjoy toying with the idea a bit. Lore wise, I do like the idea of strange knights of the grail answering calls at times. Weirdos that don't like to talk, and when they do, speak slowly as if it was an unfamiliar language.

Since every grail knight is let in on the secret of the Lady (After going through onerous trials to prove they won't be a snitch), I imagine that they wouldn't be surprised by the strange lost boy knights and their habits, and could work with them just as well as their brothers in a lance formation. Just a reason for there to be more grail knights, and to add a certain legend how knights of old shall emerge from the woods to supplement the beleaguered forces of Bretonnia when disaster strikes.

It'd also help with the Lady's depiction instead of being needlessly cruel with abducting kids and keeping the boys for weird self serving purposes, at least the boys are being kept as a reserve force in times of need. Calculatingly cruel instead.

Grail Knight Vs Exalted Champion would be a good fight.

The Grail Knights aren't trusted with the Lady's secret as far as I know.

It's like IG vs Space Marines all over again.

"I am a transhuman demigod clad in plate and fury, I have two hearts, can spit acid, and crush a man's skull in my bare hand. What can you do?"
"Aim a basilisk."

Boom. Hope for the space marine's sake that Dan Abnett isn't writing.

On the tabletop? Probably nothing. In the RPG, you could try to play with them using spells from the Colleges of Magic to buff themselves up instead of whatever Grail Knights get.

It's cruel if you think about it - she doesn't want male magic users in Bretonnia since that would take away from the power of her Damsels, but she still wants to make use of a valuable resource. So she kidnaps them all the same and raises them as knights - it's either Lancelot shit, or Janissary or Mameluke stuff. Either way it's a twisted sort of 'waste not want not' since she caused the 'waste' for her own ends.

Beastmen

Valten's horse was Tyrion's horse's offspring.

As boris kraus said.
No problem can't be solved with cannons.

Oh, really? Whoops. I thought they were. Never mind that then.

Oh yeah, it's still unbelievably cruel keeping an entire culture spiritually vassalized for her own purposes, and stealing any infant of magical power in the night without warning or explanation. It's just that instead of "Girls be magic, and boys be mumblemumblesomethingsomethingneetelvesmagicshotasmumblemumble" it's, "Girls be magic, boys be a reserve of indoctrinated slave soldiers to call on when shit goes wrong." Making use of the boy children as nights is just a bit more practically evil rather than just wasting the boy babies on frivolous bullshit just because.

Also, I like to imagine that the battle pilgrims give the lost boy grail knights a wide berth and don't scavenge them for Grail Reliquae. Well honed peasant instincts from many generations.

I do wonder what "true" grail knights might think about their strange comrades, if they're unaware of the Lady's secret.

Anyway, I got a plot hook for my poor imperials tramping around Bordeleaux. Thank you.

I tend to think that the Lady's blessings are way more likely to work when the Grail Knight is doing something particularly heroic - fighting a daemon by himself, covering a retreat, fighting a bunch of chaos fags while heavily outnumbered...

No basis for it, just what I like to think.

That's how the RPG treats it. They even shine brighter when they are heroic.

>ungors and turnskins

Why are you getting a boner when thinking about Bretonnians

Looks good, I know what you mean though he looks a bit unarmoured to be the BSB.

Perry miniatures sell a command pack with a bunch of BSB's in it, you could use that guy as as unit standard bearer.

perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_33_53&products_id=2118&osCsid=tjosv08ofj8umcuvejujtntbe3

Also, if you're looking for a wizard you have to get this guy, he's a citadel classic.

warmongerminiatures.myshopify.com/collections/ex-citadel/products/tww-03

They also sell a model that may be suitable for a general under the ex-Citadel page. Keep us updated, I love non-armybook builds.

There's a good chance the's actually have been squatted since the models were old and they have night Gobbo's.

Could have been the fluff sections of army books as well

> MFW I'm poaching new AoS players for Fantasy.

I already ordered Warlord's Suleiman for my general, he's going to stand in for Franz. That is a great wizard though, I'll see to it to get my grubby mitts on one.
I also need to look for turban heads to replace the landsknechts once that kit drops because I can only scavenge so many rifles from the mahdist box.