Eldar

I've got some questions for the 40k fans, specifically those with a lot of Eldar knowledge.

1. Why do the Eldar persist in being such assholes? They share similar enemies with the Imperium and could evenly benefit by sharing their technology with the humans.

2. Why do the Eldar believe they are superior when almost everything they do seems to result in failure? Their entire race is about to be extinct yet they cling to their stubbornness and pretend like they have a chance when in reality they don't. For all their intellect they should see that some kind of alliance is necessary to survive.

3. Why does the Imperium not make attempts to form some kind of Alliance with the Eldar? As in 2 the relationship would be mutually beneficial and before you claim heresy the mars treaty was more or less bullshit. I believe the Emperor spared them because he recognized the benefits to being allied, wouldn't he feel the same about the Eldar?

4. Why are the Eldar working to create Ynnead when their entire goal is to avoid becoming extinct. They are protected by the infinity circuit so what's the point of trying to destroy Slaanesh with a 'death god' that can be created only through their extinction.

5. Explain the Void Dragon.

Detailed answers please!

>1. Why do the Eldar persist in being such assholes? They share similar enemies with the Imperium and could evenly benefit by sharing their technology with the humans.
Imagine if there were only about a hundred of us humans left and most of the world was filled with like billions of monkeys that have barely managed to learn how to use simple stone tools. We'd keep to ourselves and refuse to ally with them out of sheer spite.

>2. Why do the Eldar believe they are superior when almost everything they do seems to result in failure?
It's a common theme with all sorts of elves, and 40k deals with it especially badly.

>3. Why does the Imperium not make attempts to form some kind of Alliance with the Eldar?
See point number 1. Imperium is a bunch of violent stupid monkeys, with a great dose of religious indoctrination and racism added on top of it all.

>4. Why are the Eldar working to create Ynnead when their entire goal is to avoid becoming extinct.
I think some worked on that, others didn't, but it was always there as a kind of a backup plan. Like, they -could- all be dead, but at least they'll be avenged.

>5. Explain the Void Dragon.
The Emperor put it in Mars and enslaved it for technology.

>Imagine if there were only about a hundred of us humans left and most of the world was filled with like billions of monkeys that have barely managed to learn how to use simple stone tools. We'd keep to ourselves and refuse to ally with them out of sheer spite.

I can't reasonably accept 'spite' as a logical response when faced with extinction considering the great lengths the Eldar go to preserve themselves.

>It's a common theme with all sorts of elves, and 40k deals with it especially badly.

This I can accept.

>See point number 1. Imperium is a bunch of violent stupid monkeys, with a great dose of religious indoctrination and racism added on top of it all.

I can partially understand this but I wouldn't equate the imperium with being so basic. They do seem to care for one another and their collective survival. The Emperor was willing to ignore the worship of the Omnisiah so why not do the same for Eldar when their entire Pantheon is already dead. Realistically I believe the Emperor might attempt to form a treaty at least with them in exchange for technology considering he was already working on creating a webway.

>I think some worked on that, others didn't, but it was always there as a kind of a backup plan. Like, they -could- all be dead, but at least they'll be avenged.

A lot of them worked on it and are still working on it. If it was just a backup plan I don't believe they would be as heavily invested in it as they are now but it contradicts the whole 'preservation' thing and makes the infinity circuit pointless.

>The Emperor put it in Mars and enslaved it for technology.

Can you elaborate more on this?

They don't trust the humans. And why would they? You have an extremely xenophobic fanatical regime that is not exactly united in purpose. Entrusting such potentially dangerous technology to humans would be a phenomenally stupid move. You wouldn't give a loaded glock to a 5 year old to play with would you?

Because they are superior. Their technology is significantly more advanced, they live longer, the average citizen beats out most imperial commanders in battle skill. The farseers really do see future events, and they have a superior means of space travel. They build worlds without polluting and destroying them. What humanity has is significant numbers and irresponsibly destructive firepower.

They just don't trust each other. While the Aeldari did create slaanesh, humanity is essentially responsible for her widespread proliferation, as well as the creation and spread of the 3 other chaos gods. Even before humanity was xenophobic, it was still very brash, quick to irrational decisions, and really short sighted.

The problem with eldar is when they die, slaanesh eats their soul. Ynnead was created to intercept that. Keeping the life force of all eldar within the eldar. Each death strengthens the rest of the race and will eventually starve slaanesh, leading them to a future period of prosperity and growth. Having a demonic god slowly sucking away everyones will to live can really put a dampener on a race as a whole. Craftworlders deal with it by storing the souls of the dead and dedicate themselves to discipline. Drukhari deal with it by replenishing their soulstuff thats being drained away by sucking it from others. The ynnari want to make it so neither is necessary and bring the eldar back to how they were before the fall.

No idea.

cont.

All this may sound like its coming from an elf loving fanboy, when it really isn't. Shit i play guard and space marines, but I can look at the race and see why they are no longer the dominant beings of the galaxy, and why they haven't been bro-tier with humanity.

As far as humanity being destructive and irresponsible I wouldn't go that far. It's easy to look up at a man with all the power and call him a tyrant, especially when you're the one looking up but this makes it impossible to see anything from his perspective. Humanity was stupidly weak and reckless at one point and this remains true in some regards but consider this; there are 'chaos gods' and 'highly advanced hostile alien races' out there that collectively hate you with the utmost intensity. The imperiums xenophobia isn't exactly unwarranted. They are lead and taught by people with hatred no different than their predecessors. All the soldiers of the imperium know is xenophobia taught by the history of being hunted and killed. It goes both ways and in reality there is absolutely no point to their war which is probably why humanity has so little interact with the Eldar to begin with.

It's easy to believe they are racist, religious zealots and irresponsible but when these traits are all you know growing up and being trained it is no less justified when you actually fight these aliens species in combat and perpetuates a cycle of pointless hatred. Nothing has ever been gained by killing Eldar or Space Marines. You would think both races would come to understand this.

Also humanity isn't at all ignorant or stupid, they have some of the brightest minds that exist evidenced by the things they have created. I like the Eldar and the Imperium almost equally. I'm not asking them to be bro-tier or anything I'm just trying to understand with the collective intellect of both races hasn't birthed some kind of treaty. Shit even the necron seem to understand the need better than both of them.

uhh guys, what would happen to my astartes who is captured by dark elder.

I realy don't want him to die.

Oh, don't worry, he won't die for another few centuries at least.

oh for fucks sake, why did my DM look dead chuffed with himself when he mentioned a arena and a place who's name I cant type canagmough?

Oh i understand that, but you have a race with a smug sense of supriority, for good reasons, dealing with a race that is resistant to change. You have to understand that chaos is behind it all, as well as a future where communication is not very good. This all leads to frequent misunderstandings which leads to where they rarely see eye to eye. I just see enough evidence in the writing to warrant this 'only war' status quo. I just don't think it's fair to say the reason Eldar don't ally with humanity is 'bad writing'.

>1. Why do the Eldar persist in being such assholes? They share similar enemies with the Imperium and could evenly benefit by sharing their technology with the humans.
Because as others said, they see the majority of humans as apes. Their perception of reality, of time, is different from humans. Imagine being surrounded my mentally challenged people, who are slow, act slow, think slow.
And why share anything with a xenophobic genocidal species? Remember, dealing with aliens is "HERESY", and the idea of accepting xeno tech just like that is just unacceptable for the red guys of Mars. Even if the Eldar acted all nice and dandy, the Imperium would still respond with a big FACKH YOU.

I would treat a bunch of murderous insane apes with giant fucking guns a little differently if surrounded by them. For all the eldars intellect they are pretty fucking stupid when it comes to dealing with humanity. I hope they enjoy being extinct but at least they'll be buried with their dignity and pride right? lol

How are your jetbikes doing in 8th you knife-eared fuck?

They tried remember? Eldrad tried to warn Fulgrim for example.

I actually am unaware of this event so I'll read into it.

Can you summarize it?

not that guy, but Eldrad warned Fulgrim in the novel "Fulgrim", telling him that Horus was driving humanity to ruin. Eldrad unfortunately hadn't realised that Fulgrim was already touched by chaos by the time he reached out to him, thus Fulgrim basically refused to believe Eldrad and went on to kill the Eldar at the (thus far) peaceful meeting

Problem is that Eldar are just as resistant to change. Haven't seen them make anything new in millennia. In fact they're a lot like Orks, but with even less creative drive in technical aspects. There are no Craftworld Eldar scientists because their tech 'just works'. They sing to it and it shapes the Wraithbone.

At least Dark Eldar come up with new things, as fucked up as they are.

1. Humans aren't people. They're barely more intelligent than monkeys, only a little bit more civilized than Orks, they've got lifespans barely longer than a mayfly's, and their entire culture is built on hatred of the alien. The species is a dead end in the service of a corpse, and allying with them, even if it weren't totally laughable, would be a lost cause to begin with.

2. Eldar *are* superior. Physically, mentally, and psychically, they're flat out better. They're also completely screwed. If humanity were in the same position as the Eldar, they would have gone extinct a thousand years ago.

3. The Imperium is a dysfunctional mess.

4. The idea is that after Slaanesh dies, the Eldar will be reborn.

Mm... right.

Not that guy, but...
Elder did not get NEARLY as hard a hit with the fucking nerf bat as They deserved. They are still incredibly strong.

There are faults in both sides to be sure, and eithers faults a are not entirely unwarranted. But it's not fair to call the imperium the victims here. The eldar have very good reasons to not trust humanity, and humanity has very good reasons to be xenophobic

Anymore to say, xen- I mean, user?

We also want a word with you.

>all these xenocucks itt

>, as well as the creation and spread of the 3 other chaos gods
>Still believeing the fucking Mongols were enough to create a chaos god
That old piece of fluff makes zero sense and should be disregarded

The Ynnead theory is a branch of the cult of the phoenix. Many Eldar from every path think that if the entire Eldar Race die, and enough of them are not consumed by Slaanesh, then Ynnead will be born, defeat Slaanesh, and then rebirth the Eldar and their pantheon. The Ynnari are a split of from this cult, who believe the failed ritual to begin the absorbtion of dying souls (Eldrads ritual) can be completed by collecting mythical swords of Morai Heg, the Eldar god of Fate. The cult of the Phoenix's public face was what Eldrad was supporting. The true cult of the Phoenix are Eldar genocidalists, since the prophecy says Eldar must die to be reborn.

Which lore? That the eldar created slaanesh or that the other 3 gods were created by humanity?

As for the Void Dragon, the Emperor, during his period in hiding on Earth, watching, encountered a shard of the Void Dragon. He defeated it, then imprisoned it on mars. This gave rise to the Ad-Mech, due to the passive influence of tech-development the Void Dragon has had on the people and tech of Mars.
As for the Eldar allying with the humans, your average Eldar leader thinks humans are jumped up upstarts, who should do what they are told by the Eldar when the Eldar need them. (Hence being stupidly cryptic when they do work together) Also, Most Eldar have grown up on sotries of the Eldar Empire, when the Eldar were able to do anything. Literally anything. New planet needed? Pop there you go. Trashed it in a party? okay its gone, do you want a jungle world next time, or will you be sticking with the oceanic? We can sing our buildings into existence, into any shape we want. And then they meet these psychically dull, (Every Eldar outside of the Dark Eldar is a psyker at some level) who travel through the warp and who regularly fall to chaos. The Emperor, mean while had seen what Alein empires thought about humans, and so made it Imperial doctrine to be hostile to aliens. Eldrad tried to warn the Emperor about chaos, and the Emperor refused to listen to Eldrad, because (rightly) he thought Eldrad was only interested in saving Eldar lives. after all, Eldrad immediately went to let Horus kill all the Humans and Chaos, we will survive, and managed to recruit Alpharius and Omegon to that end. So its slightly coded into them.

1. Why do the Eldar persist in being such assholes? They share similar enemies with the Imperium and could evenly benefit by sharing their technology with the humans.

The imperium doesn't want their tech, nor could they use most of it. Eldar use spirit tech. Most humans don't have the means to even understand it. Why would they want to share their tech with a species that openly wants them dead?

2. Why do the Eldar believe they are superior when almost everything they do seems to result in failure? Their entire race is about to be extinct yet they cling to their stubbornness and pretend like they have a chance when in reality they don't. For all their intellect they should see that some kind of alliance is necessary to survive.

The Eldar successfully ruled the galaxy for 60 million years. Humans have barely sustained a shitty empire for 10,000. Humans are utter failures in 40k timeline.

3. Why does the Imperium not make attempts to form some kind of Alliance with the Eldar? As in 2 the relationship would be mutually beneficial and before you claim heresy the mars treaty was more or less bullshit. I believe the Emperor spared them because he recognized the benefits to being allied, wouldn't he feel the same about the Eldar?

There are barely any Eldar. Most humans have never interacted with one. Humanity is anti-xeno, but they have more invasive enemies like Tyranids, traitor marines, Orks, etc to worry about.

4. Why are the Eldar working to create Ynnead when their entire goal is to avoid becoming extinct. They are protected by the infinity circuit so what's the point of trying to destroy Slaanesh with a 'death god' that can be created only through their extinction.

Ynnead isn't a goal, it's a worst case scenario. If all Eldar die they want a way to avoid being tortured by Slaanesh for eternity. Ynnead would defeat their tormenter.

5. Explain the Void Dragon.

Some Necron bullshit.

>cuck
You mean having some random dude inject his gene-seed into every orifice of your body after neuter-brainwashing you in a lab? Space cuck pls.

Ever seen that 60s movie, planet of the apes? Watch that and imagine the eldar in the place of the humans of the movie and the humans in place of the apes