Hiro lets us have ONE meta thread

So lets use it to discuss an ongoing issue: Quest threads are STILL in quest in the form of Jumpchain and CYOA general. Why have these not been removed yet?

Also, storytime threads like should be moved to because they do not give any actual meaningful discussion to anything related to Veeky Forums and serve only as circlejerk threads for fanfic writers.

the board is already fucking slow enough, we don't need to ban anything
>REEEEE they have a club and I'm not a part of it, so it shouldn't exist
fuck off

>This board is slow
No, YOU are slow. This board is a pretty fast moving one and even if you think it's slow, the board should be filled with actual Veeky Forums related material you fucking special snowflake deviantart tier livejournal blogging L5R playing bumble butt autistic sperg shitlord. Why don't you go suck on a shotgun and ghost yourself. This board needs quality control, not >Le Anime Waifu Qu- ERR CYOA #28157

We have this thread daily, we will have the exact same discussion daily, no one will change their minds or their preconceived stances, and neither will quests never be brought back nor will we ever get rid of CYOAs.

We'll have another 200+ argument of the same shit, unless the thread's deleted before then, calling it now.

sage

>same thread daily
>yet change never happens
Remove Veeky Forums.

I agree on the Jumpchain and CYOA, but your second point makes me think you're actually a questfag trying to get as much banned as possible to be spiteful for getting kicked out.

Hiro should remove the no-quests-on-Veeky Forums sticky, allow quest threads on all boards, and keep /qst/ open for people who want to run games there (no one wants to run games there).

How could I be a questfag if I'm trying to get quests under the guise of "CYOA" removed from this board?

>your second point makes me think you're actually a questfag trying to get as much banned as possible to be spiteful for getting kicked out.

Questfags actually want to create fun, not ban fun.

You're thinking of anti-questfags.

Just make sure we have only Veeky Forums quests while ridding us of thr anime shit, maybe enforce or at least heavily encourage all quest writers to draw their own art as well, and you'd solve literally every problem. We'd get quests here, quests would stay alive, there'd be none of the really bad shit to endure, and no mod decision would be arbitrary and based on someone not liking a thing. Everyone would be happy.

Shame we can't have nice things.

Hey, don't lump us questfags in with this dumb motherfucker, man.

>Questfags
>Thinking they're not dumb
>Thinking their opinion matters
I needed a good laugh. Thanks for that.

>Antiquestfags
>Thinking they're any better
It's just the right amount of sad to be funny.

Nope. You can't say anything because I already said your opinion doesn't matter. Too slow, questfag! Wallow in your self pity.

Ah, but your statement only applies to questfags, and I'm not one! Therefore I'm perfectly allowed to call you out on your bullshit.

Nope. That doesnt work because i used my Lumping tool and lumped you into them. That, and your arguments cannot bypass my curtain of denial, which shields me against your claims that you are not a questfag when you are indeed one.

Try again.

Quest threads were fine until they became like half the board. Storytime and writefag threads are pretty damn uncommon. Besides, swapping gaming stories in one of the more enjoyable aspects of Veeky Forums. Nothing but mechanical discussions would be boring as fuck.

Storytime should stay in a general and not have like five or six goddamn threads at a time about the shit. Nobody cares about some shitty game in a garbage system that no one plays.

>like half the board

Technically 8% is closer to none of the board than half of the board.

Yeah, but they tended to stick heavily to the front page which made it look like there were more of them than there really were.

Really bloody annoying, too.

Technically you're a faggot and you know what I mean.

Your curtain of denial shields you from a lot more than that and you might want to take it off.

Nice quads, though.

Only if you don't use the catalog and filters that are literally built into the site and have been for years.
Everyone else can get around or ignore all the threads they aren't personally interested in. It's pretty shitty to make other people change their posts just because you don't want to use features available to you.

>"too many threads I don't like on Veeky Forums!"
>use the filter
>"but now Veeky Forums looks empty!"

Every thread.

Back in the day we still had quests they used to still take a slot, usually leading you to a completely empty front page with just a few quest titles there for you to see.

Storytime of all sorts needs to goddamn stay on Veeky Forums It's part of our shit. Fuck off with your shit on that. CYOA aren't quests, ergo they don't go on /qst/

>Killing storytimes

Shut the fuck newfag

The only meta thread thats being ignored is your useless shitpost thread.

I am mostly apathetic about the two/three CYOA threads because they small compared to quest and contain their autism in their threads. I liked the suggestion of another user that quest could be made on every board, but they have to be related to the topic of the board and they have to have their own art. That way we have Veeky Forums related quest while avoiding "iseakai harem villian quest #1031 "

>I liked the suggestion of another user that quest could be made on every board, but they have to be related to the topic of the board and they have to have their own art.
>Just make sure we have only Veeky Forums quests while ridding us of thr anime shit, maybe enforce or at least heavily encourage all quest writers to draw their own art as well, and you'd solve literally every problem.

Where does Lego Quest belong then

Veeky Forums has dice, which it requires

Ah yes, that way we can have 5 or 6 threads at a time about how BBEG is an "ugggh" and another 10 discussing the martial caster imbalance

>Where does Lego Quest belong then
So long as the quest runner builds those legos and takes pictures of them himself, I don't see a problem.

>Reeeeeeeeee! Stories about tabletop RPGs shouldn't be on the tabletop RPG board!
Here's your (You). Don't spend it all in one place.

What happend to Eclipse Phase general?
I was having a no Veeky Forums month and now it's gone.

2e was looking pretty shit and people just stopped caring.

That works

Yes to point one, no to point two.

Discussing campaigns that have happened and ideas for prospective ones is plainly Veeky Forums, if you disagree you are wrong and need to go back to ribbit.

>The board is slow so we should have garbage threads

'no'

Doesn't matter which side it is or how dumb they are perceived to be, the point is they're still smarter than OP.

>we should get rid of the threads I don't like, even if more people like them than dislike them

>More people liked quests than disliked them

I will say it over and over again, we're allowed to have a Meta thread in the same way the mentally institutionalized still have the right to bear arms, and we don't have them for many of the same reasons.

You of all people shouldn't have anything to say on the subject of mentally institutionalized.

Please, I'm merely a dumbass. I'm not the one who insists on being a completw and utter asshole towards himself and his fellow board mates the moment I have the freedom to do so. Moreover, I actually take responsibility for my actions, instead of pinning the quality of my internet playground on any one thing.

This is one of the few times I agree with you Wayne.

>thinks the discussion is about quest threads
user, it's not that hard to follow the backlinks if you aren't a retard.

>So long as the quest runner builds those legos and takes pictures of them himself, I don't see a problem.
Of course he does, why do you think we call him Lego Quest?

>Why have these not been removed yet?
They're not quests.

>Hiro lets us have ONE meta thread

It was supposed to be one meta thread ONCE. Not all the time you fucking whiny piece of shit masquerading as a human being.

Can a questfag explain to me why having your own board is a bad thing?

If quests are not Veeky Forums related then we got a good chunk of not Veeky Forums content off of Veeky Forums without keeping those that liked it from having fun.

If they are Veeky Forums related, then that just means we have twice as much Veeky Forums and can therefore get into more specialized discussions.

I don't see the issue.

The issue might be that there's a lot of different opinions regarding what is and isn't tg-related.

>Can a questfag explain to me why having your own board is a bad thing?
Because very few can be bothered to follow a board just for one thing they like.

Boards are for subcultures. Traditional games count as such, while quests do not. Quests are far too narrow a concept for such and cannot survive on their own.

Some quests are Veeky Forums related and fit in here just fine. Having separated them to their own board, you might as well now continue by splitting D&D, MtG, and every other roleplaying game to their own boards, then watch as most of them suffer a similar sort of a slow death as /qst/ did. Best they all were here and lived off of one another.

Jumpchain and COYA must go. They are quest threads.

Not as questfag, but I don't think quests are something that can stand on their own. The real problem was the abundance of low-quality threads, compare to a shitty anime quest where all the options lead to the same path and borrow images from the animu of the month, this comes from concentrating all the quests on Veeky Forums making quests occupy a major portion of the board.
CYOA are not quests

Let us also put all lore discussion to Veeky Forums as well.

40k, DnD and star wars keep pushing actual role playing content off the board, with all the lore threads that are just circlejerks of people who have read some books, or watched movies, unrelated to actually playing the games.

While we are at it, let's finally get rid off of all homebrew threads. Put them too to Veeky Forums, because nobody is actually making games, they're just coming up with settings and lore.

>Lego Quest Tips 4.jpg
Got the other three?

It's almost like every single one of the
>Hiro lets us have ONE meta thread
threads are started by the same guy or something.
A guy who is way too butthurt for his own good.

>Can a questfag explain to me why having your own board is a bad thing?

The /qst/ board is super slow and so the quests aren't as fun.

If you compare these two situations:

>QM makes a post on Veeky Forums
>within five minutes, 5 players reply to QM post
>5 more players reply to each other, building off their ideas and creating better strategies
>snowball effect causes more participation and more engagement, which causes QM to make more posts, which increases fun for everyone involved

vs.

>QM makes a post on /qst/
>ten minutes later, one person replies
>QM makes a second post
>ten minutes later, the same person replies
>QM makes a third post
>no replies because the single participant got bored with being the only player

Quest threads are a fun group activity. When you remove the quest threads from the group that plays quests, there is no longer activity or fun.

And just to nip this in the bud:
>if your thread was any good it wouldn't need posters to survive
This is basically the stock anti-questfag argument.

>This is basically the stock anti-questfag argument.
You forgot to post the stock counterargument to it.

This is the first time I have seen a metathread of Veeky Forums
And of course the OP is just whining like a ninny bitch about shit he don't like
Mods, please delete this thread and rid of us of the impotent OP

The number of people worldwide who are interested in tabletop roleplaying games is much, much higher than the number of people worldwide who are interested in quest threads.

Creating a board for tabletop roleplaying games makes sense.

Creating a board for a tiny subgroup of tabletop roleplaying games to appease people who can't stand seeing things they aren't interested in is a bad idea.

The point is, quests aren't a well-known pursuit that will draw someone to a board. When someone looks at /a/ they go "hey, anime, I know what that is", when they look at /co/ they go "hey comics and cartoons I know what that is", etc.

Quests aren't like that. Tons of people were clearly interested in them, but people don't go to boards that they don't understand at a glance. /qst/ isn't dead because quests don't appeal to lots of people, /qst/ is dead because it may as well be invisible.

But there's a sticky on Veeky Forums that leads you to /qst/!

>Creating a board [...] to appease people who can't stand seeing things they aren't interested in is a bad idea.
Why DO we need /d/ anyway?

CYOA's aren't quests though. They're at most roleplay with some mechanics which is like 90% of what tg talks about.

I'd be down for that. IIRC they do have a "futa quest" on /d/.

>But there's a sticky on Veeky Forums that leads you to /qst/!
And yet /qst/ is a dead board, despite the sticky.

It's as though most people who enjoy participating in quest threads are on Veeky Forums and don't want to lurk a second board on the off chance that they will see a slightly-different type of Veeky Forums activity.

You already killed quests, what's the point of moving everything out of this board just to kill it?

The quests were dead already, or close to it, with all the anime shit having been funneled on Veeky Forums. They had gone completely insane and demented. 'Twas a mercy kill.

Why don't we just bring back quests and ban anime quests

Because then the mods would have to admit to being wrong for banning the quests, and wrong again for bringing the anime quests on Veeky Forums to begin with.

>Why don't we just bring back quests and ban anime quests
What this user said

So, basically questfags are doing the equivalent of being that kid who demands a toy because their sibling is playing with it and then when their parent buys them their own they proceed to ignore it.

No, what actually happened was that every kid had a toy but then the parents for some reason decided to give all the toys to one of the kids. This particular kid had mostly liked having just one toy, but suddenly having so many of them, some of them being almost literal shit, quickly caused him to have a seizure.

So the parents quietly took all the toys away and put them in the dumpster and no kid wants to go there.

>caused him to have a seizure.
So you admit quests were bad for Veeky Forums

Literally no one in this thread is disputing the fact that yes, throwing all the quests into Veeky Forums was bad for it.

No one here wants the anime shit back. Your mythological "questfag" boogeyman does not exist.

I think user "admits" that forcing all the railroad lolimoe animeshit quests from /a/ onto Veeky Forums was bad for Veeky Forums.

To be honest, I hated quests and I want them back, the amount of /pol/ related threads and shitposts have skyrocketed after the quests left. I some times find a third of the board dedicated to political shit. I came here to escape that shit, not to get more of it.

The Veeky Forums mod staff is pretty shit at filtering out subjective stuff* like shitty anime quests (especially because there were some good anime inspired quests buried in the trash heap). Allowing quests back on Veeky Forums will defacto, allow shitty anime quests back on Veeky Forums even if some rule prevents it. (Along with threads with people bitching about quest X being allowed but quest Y not)

/qst/ is a fine compromise that allows quests to live, without cluttering up Veeky Forums with those said trashy anime quests. The fact that quest users seem to be too fucking lazy to browse a second board (which, by the way, I /do/ when I want me some legoquest) is no ones fault but questfags. And catering to laziness is not good reason to delete boards. We don't delete /u/, /y/ or /d/ just because people on /h/ are too lazy to go to another board to get lesbians, gays, or dickgirls.

*Or just, you know, shit in general, but particularly subjective stuff like that.

>Allowing quests back on Veeky Forums will defacto, allow shitty anime quests back on Veeky Forums even if some rule prevents it
Not if you were to direct the shitty anime quests back to /a/.

Also, if you weren't too lazy to read this thread, you'd find several good arguments to why /qst/ was a terrible compromise.

I used to make a lot of homebrew that was pretty well-received on Veeky Forums, and while the mods have definitely been antagonistic toward it in the past, I basically stopped around 2015 because I was sick of having my threads deleted or flagged as autosage. Banning quest threads on Veeky Forums was just one more nail in the coffin of creativity on this board.

Unfortunately the mod who mains Veeky Forums and created /qst/ seems less than interested in getting rid of the /pol/shit.

I want fewer OSR threads. Not because they're bad, but because it was cosier when they were a bit slower with gaps between each thread. There isn't enough happening to justify having it 24/7.

All of which boil down to there not being enough users on quest.

Which means either
A) You are all too fucking lazy to open up another tab, which is not a good enough reason to delete a board imo
B) Fucking no one cares enough about quests enough to go play them, which means there aren't enough of you that actually care to justify ceding a third or whatever of Veeky Forums back to you

Howdy, just wanna voice my reasoning here for why this isn't a quest thread.

Ahem well...

Choose Your Own Adventure started as a series of children's gamebooks where each story is written from a second-person point of view, with the reader assuming the role of the protagonist and making choices that determine the main character's actions and the plot's outcome. The series was based upon a concept created by Edward Packard and originally published by Constance Cappel's and R. A. Montgomery's Vermont Crossroads Press as the "Adventures of You" series, starting with Packard's Sugarcane Island in 1976.

This is the origin of the CYOA format which we of the Jumpchain community use along with a vaguely structured system to tell our own single player adventures, usually to each other over the board but I myself have shown my writefagging to a friend IRL as well.

It is A) a game that is Traditional because of it's roots mid-1970's like some of the other content that is on /TG and B) cool to have on /TG. It is not a quest thread for a single reason, we don't centralize on anyone of our stories and thus it's basically our spot to exchange stories about the game we play, which /TG is well known for, and also get in touch with the Creators of Content who happen to post on board. So, yeah not a quest thread.

I just wanted to have my personal opinion heard. I've posted this before as well.

>All of which boil down to there not being enough users on quest.
Quite wrong. Other arguments include:

A) "Quests" as a whole are not a subculture or any kind of a large group. If you're to give a board to such a narrow niche, you might as well start to split Veeky Forums into /dnd/, /40k/, /mtg/, and whatever other games and board games there are. Would you still accuse us of being lazy when each of us has to keep tracks of a dozen different boards of interest? Would you blame us for stopping to follow the majority of them simply by no longer feeling bothered? Would you say roleplaying game enthusiasts can be blamed for simply no longer finding the things they're looking for, or not being inspired to go into a whole new roleplaying game out of sheer curiosity?
B) The whole decision was entirely arbitrary and essentially boiled down to several people being loud enough about their dislike of the thing. There was no reason to move the anime quests from /a/ to Veeky Forums, and there was even less reason to move them all to their own board. It was all essentially done to cater this one small group of whiners, one of whom included a mod.

If there were some more users on quest, or if they were a little less lazy, it still wouldn't fix these essential issues.

So what is the dice rolling feature used for now that quests moved to /qst/?

Mostly random generators like Space Marine Chapters.

Anyone else think TowerGirls belong on ?

Pretty much all CYOAs fit closer to /qst/ than to Veeky Forums.

Here's a thought:

Bring quests back, but place them all in a general.
It will die (and be reborn) really, really quickly. Like, /pfg/ quickly. But it'll keep you visible and cross pollinate your audiences.

>All of which boil down to there not being enough users on quest.
Certainly enough to get a few salty grumps -really- loud, constantly, all the fucking time, even after they got dumped away.

That... doesn't really work, /pfg/ is all one thing, it's all pathfinder, but quests are each their own storylines, and shoving 100+ stories into a single thread would destroy questing as a whole.

Are you a literal retard?

8% is less than a third, you autismonaut.

But about 80% of the front page.

Front page is irrelevant and you're a retard if you don't use the catalogue.

First page real-estate is an absurd concept.

That's more due to the election and the number of people posting on /pol/ skyrocketing.

Quests being removed just happened to occur at the same time.

Moving quests to their own board only slowed this board down and made a new board filled with shitty quests that won't die which people don't browse. The stuff like post IDs and oekaki functions are nice, but not on a board with no foot traffic.

If anything, people should be allowed to make a thread here on Veeky Forums to post advertising quests.

Maybe combine it with and make a general quest advertising general?

I would support this idea. It would give people a place on Veeky Forums to talk about quests that they might run or are running and advertise them, maybe link to them, and people who are already interested in Veeky Forums material would stumble upon quests that might interest them more readily. It might increase traffic in /qst/.

And its only one thread so it wouldn't clutter the board

Not to mention people would have to have enough sustained interest to maintain it, if it didn't work it could just die out on its own.