Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Captain Titus edition

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw List Builder
Got Squatted, use pen and paper or whatever

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

wertstammer40k.wordpress.com/2017/06/23/website-is-down/
wertstammer40k.wordpress.com/2017/06/23/a-letter-from-a-fan-of-the-website/
youtu.be/bfjj7Y9N27c?t=1m24s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for how're FW Knights?

First for holy shit the DKK forgeworld list is everything the regular index should have been.

>game just came out
>already needs two FAQs
MOST PLAYTESTED GAME EVER?!

First for the rush of hard atmosphere rushing past your face as you bike through the dark city.

>Pask cant take annihilator leman
>Master of ordnance doesn't fucking work on FW artillery
Classy new GW™. Im sure glad they made new tag™ system, works really well

good?

Idiots keep getting the rules wrong on purpose to get (you)s on Veeky Forums

Most autistic, english twisting players ever.

LMAO

Tau player lost game because he didn't get his units into the objective marker.

That's more of a "asking FW to write rules makes it shit itself and cry" problem.

seems overpriced compared to stock knights, ironically
haven't run the numbers on them yet, though

so far overpriced but durable is the trend with a lot of the FW sutff relative to base GW stuff. not sure if it'll work out well with degrading statlines making high durability not necessarily making up for raw points efficiency in wounds inflicted

it's not really, though. GW made a great keyword system, and then never uses it. all of the stuff that should be using keywords for affecting friendly unit of a certain type instead name units by datasheet name, limiting them from affecting future releases or FW models. it's a pretty dumb way of going about things that entirely defeats the point of using a keyword system and slapping so many keywords one very unit.

DO YOU EVEN LIFT BRAH?

Make artillery tag. Bam, master of ordnance works on all artillery.

New edition, new point values, classified information, GW jews, ect.

exactly what I was getting at. same problem with Longstrike: the hammerheads even have a "hammerhead" generic tag, but instead of using it, he names TX7 Hammerhead Gunships by name which means he can't buff FW HHs (which also have the generic "Hammerhead" keyword). it's so dumb.

>those tabs

It looks exactly like I hoped it would

It's because the stupid nigger made a Patreon.
GW can't let you make money off their shit.

Can the all knowing being that converts the EPUB's to PDF's do the 2 New forgeworld books. It's for the emperor and shit I promise. Glory and all that chap.

How the fuck is that thing's defining trait it being speedy and able to scout into an advance position?

It's a big clanky unweildy forklift truck arm

Does anyone know if there are any actual differences, modelwise, between a Graia Pattern Hellhound and an Artemia-pattern Hellhound?

Just get a tablet that can run either format like a normal person.

>no "how to take a screenshot" tab

Reminder that WAAC tourney players were asked to break, not playtest the game. And it shows.

Also "New GW" PR nightmare
wertstammer40k.wordpress.com/2017/06/23/website-is-down/
wertstammer40k.wordpress.com/2017/06/23/a-letter-from-a-fan-of-the-website/

You would understand why if you prayed more to the omnissiah

What's the preorder this week?

being -2 rather than -3 is a little bit of a pisser. I guess that's the tradeoff for hitting at straight WS rather than -1

Followup question: can you also convert the FW Chaos Index into a good PDF? It's the only PDF that's missing searchable text and clickable links at the moment.

The omnissiah is the emperor...

>Am I alpha legion?
Of course not, Alpharius, that's absurd.

>PR nightmare
>Some faggot crying about his app

>two FAQs
where is the second one?

These guys seem to have much better understanding of the rules though senpai

Say, anons:
Conscripts may be worse at shooting than Infantry and may be restricted to lasguns only...but you can bring more while doing about the same damage per cost, are way cheaper when using Power Points, can be boosted with a single order or character, and give me an excuse to use Commissars that I was already going to use anyway, while Infantry squads can't become Combined Squads anymore.
My question is:
Why would I EVER use 5 Infantry squads instead of the Sanctioned Cancer that is a 50 man Conscript squad? Especially now that every model has split fire in 8E, Ld doesn't matter around Commissars and challenges don't exist? Other than "because being a fag" or "good luck painting & transporting a billion minis".
What's the game's reason that would sell to me the concept of using trained soldiers instead of gang-pressed recruits? Especially in a Power Points setting where they're so cheap they outdamage Infantry squads by 1.6 times, through sheer numbers.

>Also, Chart user, how are you rapid firing a Transuranic Arquebus? It's a Heavy 1 weapon

Hah! I print my own minibooks. Tabdex's and Pocketdex's Waste time.

Time to fight some give tyrants

Can't tell if you're a battlescribe or GW shill
Either way, it wasn't an app
>GET BTFO SHILL

Can't recommend MWG enough

Eh. Still 3 S10 attacks. For 45 points that's not a bad deal

Fun.

>still has Patreon links up
You'd think he'd learn his lesson but no, gotta milk as many sympathy bucks out of people while you still look a victim.

Kek. Poor thing got berated.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAAAHAHAHAVAA
Oh wait, your serious?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABABABABABABABAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Because my 30 man Boyz squad wont have as easy of target if you split up the Conscript meme

>using ogres instead of ogryn
I hate this

Ogryn have had consistently great models
fantasy ogres are static and fucking boring outside of ranked units.

Web app, whatever.
And I'm not a shill for anyone, he was just a dumb ass who started taking money for it.

Have you guys played any games lately?

I had a fun 1000 point game yesterday against Chaos. My first game of 8th edition and I used a bunch of recently built models. Bullgryn, Crusaders and Conscripts were my stars of the show. Also Infantry squads running at 70 miles per hour to grab objectives thanks to Move Move Move.

>Pocketdex's Waste time

>tfw can't draw a cool above-Magos-Auxilia tier Mechanicum character unless I give him a severe hunchback on which to place a carapace
Good posture is anathema for the higher level Mechanicum, it seems :/

Every man needs a little bit of tranny now and then, eh?

Well Orks are OP as shit, it's no surprise they'd destroy IG, even if he split them up they could just blow them off the table with their guns.

I was also planning to bunch the fuck out of them, now that templates are gone, LoS is what matters and flamers in 8E are more anti-air weapons.

youtu.be/bfjj7Y9N27c?t=1m24s

So this basically the state of the 40k Community with the release of 8th edition

Phone wont let me download the epub
Could someone tell me the points cost for Guardsmen Crew in the FW Index?

Can you make an army mixed with Death Guard units, such as poxwalkers, and nurgle daemons in the same detachment because of the Chaos keyword, or can you only run units in the Death Guard unit restriction list if they have the keyword Death Guard?

But you can multi assault those multiple infantry units.

And IGbro will need to give each Infantry unit Get Back in the Fight to make them useful.

While the Conscript blob can fall out. Order to fight again. Shoot and Charge.

Only time I see Infantry units worth it is if you want that Heavy/Special weapon surrounded by meat shields.

Same, but to each their own: non DG chaos lords won't benefit DG units and vice versa.

>Monarch - GW
>21 - old players
>24 - new players

I can see it.
VB is such a good show.

>GW shutting down a free service that 12,000 GW customers use a day without offering any equivalent service of their own.

I had a game where my chaos marines were blown away admech really fast.

I forgot all about the death to the false emperor rule even when I did get in to combat though.

Likely a data entry mistake; side-effect of massed data entry. I probably accidentally looked at an adjacent weapon profile when entering shots and saw RF. Will fix next time I'm editing. Thanks for catching that!

Are you new to Veeky Forums, friend?

>Only time I see Infantry units worth it is if you want that Heavy/Special weapon surrounded by meat shields.
So, never because Heavy and Special weapons are better used by Vets?

It still doesn't really qualify as a PR nightmare yet until it hits them in their wallet. This is like, shenanigans at most.

Infantry squads are probably the go-to objective squatters. Take one or two with a HWT and never move them, while your other shit dies for space israel taking the rest of the board.

Flamers don't care 'bout your BS.

Also Infantry are Troops vs. Veteran's Elite.

But yes your point stands.

>Or if your goal is to get as many CPs as you can.

No problem, thanks for doing it in the first place.
Will you do an Astra Militarum mathhammering? I heard Hydra flakk is hillariously good against tau
>tfw Arquebuses are irredeemably useless

The one time I tried to use the list builder, several point values on it where wrong. Nothing of value was lost. Pen and paper for life.

Why do people pay for MWG

I can certainly agree that "nightmare" is an overstatement. But removing something that your own customers use to support use of a product that you sell is profoundly unintelligent unless you intend to provide some kind of substitute.

New player here, I probably won't be starting the hobby as a result.

The reason why I'm asking is if you can mix and match whatever, what is the point of the restricted unit list?

I guess you're right about that. Still feels they're a surplus squad rather than the core unit it used to be.
>Pen and paper for life.
I salute your bravery

>I heard Hydra flakk is hillariously good against tau

You heard right.

8 BS3+ S7 AP-1 D2 shots vs:
>All Tanks
>All Drones
>Most Suits

Every time i did they were right.

I don't get it, whats the issue here?

Oh I agree completely. It's a fucking retarded move in every sense of the word, especially when you consider it actually helped GW more than anything else.

Infantry squads are great mostly for objectives and speed bumping melee units. Conscripts are supposed to be the shield, but infantry squads do better at that. Give them a heavy bolter so they can fire on the move easier, give them a plasma gun or grenade launcher and have them grab objectives and take potshots at things. Let your tanks, heavy weapon squads, artillery, Conscripts and Scions to the heavy lifting.
This. Great for objectives and they can go hilariously far with Move Move Move. Conscripts can too of course, but you just hurt yourself running with Conscripts. The characters need to catch up and you lose all your buffs.

Miniwargaming is full of unfunny assholes who don't know the rules and somehow make lots of money for making shitty batreps.
Also Dark Angels are gay.

Does anyone know where I can find a printable version of the army rosters that are in the Index books?

>But removing something that your own customers use to support use of a product that you sell is profoundly unintelligent unless

You're protecting your IP. GW did nothing wrong.
All they need to do is leak the source code, start a new site and do not take donations.

He even had the link to their store saying "Buy this shit here!"
And they like "Free advertisement! Tool that makes it easier to make lists in the edition where we emphasize ease and simplicity! Cant have that!"

I'll add it to the to-do list! Probably doing Ministorum, then CSM, then IG. I think there hasn't been a lot of calls for IG due to early math-hammer others did comparing weapons.

I think I need to do some double-checking of my Arque numbers, as I now see they don't match up between the AdMech and Sniper pages.

I have to ask, if you were looking up every points value yourself anyway, what the hell was the point in using a list builder?

You sound like a jaded asshole.

It's not BS3+ It's 4+ still. Note how fly says you subtract -1 from your hit rolls, but the hydra rule says you +1 against vehicles with fly. It just means the +1 negates the -1, not that you get BS3+.

Still 8 shots of that is comfy.

"PR nightmare"
Lel, anyone with half a brain was wondering when that retard would get his shit taken down.
Anyone who thought posting a shit ton of copyrighted content and free rules details would turn out just fine is incredibly naive.

Tested out my Thousand Sons against Black Templars a few weeks ago, 1.5K. Lost by a hair. Impressed with the performance of our infantry and the Maulerfiends but holy shit do we desperately need more oomph in the psychic phase. Also I've a feeling Daemon Princes are overcosted garbage now.

Got a 2K game tomorrow against the same friend, testing out my Tau now. Can go either way as he's trying out a double land raider list with not much infantry. Can go either way.

They actually put out battle reports frequently, have good terrain, use decent quality cameras and make less glaring and egregious rules mistakes than most other similar sites.

I just wished they had hired someone better than Luka for their AoS shit. That guy seems to have the mental capacity of a 6 year old, he barely understands the simplest fucking game GW make, can't pronounce words with more than 2 syllables, talks like a child and comes across as intensely unprofessional by comparison to their other staff.

I use it to make a list, mixing and matching until i get to the correct point limit.
Then i check units i got just to be sure, cos i dont want to be the guy who cheats with points.

GW list-builder is on the way
just use battlescribe in the mean time

> free rules details
> when GW released free russian localisation of RuleBook

Well he got shutdown due to "free advertisement" from blog, from reddit and eventually some faggot took it to facebook and rub it in GW face.

Where do you think you are user

>if you can mix and match whatever, what is the point of the restricted unit list?
A friend asked me the same question yesterday.
Tell me, what was the point of taking allies? And how would you take Enginseers for your Leman Russes if they're in a different list?
This is all about whose rules can affect what units in your army.
Take for example Plague marines. Troops for nurglites, Elites for everyone else.
If you take a regular, say Khornate Lord, you'll boost Elite Plague marines, but not Troop Plague Marines of Nurgle. You'd need a Nurgle chaos lord for those guys.
If you took from both, it's like you were bringing allies. Because that's how it is in this edition.
The same way, a Nurglite Chaos lord will do shit for the rest of your non-nurgle army.
>THAT YOU CAN BRING THEM DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN YOU SHOULD
Feels weird, but makes sense when you think of them as attached assets or even mercenaries.

Being within your legal right to do something doesn't mean doing that thing is a good or righteous thing.

They are candians so ppl hate them.