Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder)

Noble Edition:
How noble is your character? Does he live an opulent lifestyle?

/pgg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
current playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Current /sfg/ thread: Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/1CSgeLAT
pastebin.com/SYcfHh6L
pastebin.com/RS9g08i7
pastebin.com/dNmVFt4t
pastebin.com/BuPgqeUd
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/noble-stipend/
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51659254/#51664628
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3
youtube.com/watch?v=tkzY_VwNIek
drive.google.com/open?id=1EgpSnNxiXt7Dn3GGy-b6CwCmxXosVH8dzWklpuhVviE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if anything, i try to make my characters as much of a Shmuck starting out as possible. i've yet to find a GM that would allow me to play as an Accidental Paladin.....

Because that sounds stupid as hell.

Is OP pic Shia LaBeouf

I have always wanted to play a Noble Scion. Even I just made the noble be a support type and the cohort a kickass bodyguard.

Actual cannibal Shia LeBouf.

Very noble, but pitifully lowborn and not aristocratic in the least.

That sounds truly terrifying.

Maybe soon.

But real talk, I actually prefer to play characters who are down on their luck, from humble beginnings, or are part of an ailing household/business. It's a better start for a character arc than to just have them start adventuring because they're bored.

I've really wanted to run a Noble Scion too. Use the Noble Stipend feat to live high on the hog while my party slums it in the stables.

I dont mind the successful start but mine are usually something like the 15th son or tomboy with no hopes of inheriting so it is either the church or the military or adventuring

He's a scion of a mighty royal bloodline, but gave it all up and lives a simple life by the sea.

I agree wholheartedly.

We got a new (half)chapter of the Ensoulment fic yesterday, anons! Have you read them all? Do you have anything you'd like to see written?
>1: Mouse and Vandread pastebin.com/1CSgeLAT
>2: Ichabod gambles for his freedom pastebin.com/SYcfHh6L
>3: Derrin tries to shag a ghost pastebin.com/RS9g08i7
>4: Witch meets a band of drunkards, Part 1 pastebin.com/dNmVFt4t Part 2: pastebin.com/BuPgqeUd

love being in 4 fucking threads on the board

>he doesnt participate in at least 30 Veeky Forums threads at a time

Fucking casuals ruining this board.

Personally, I usually have five threads across five boards open at any given time.

I wonder, how high in the echelon of Demonkind do you think a successful artist could get offering his services free of charge? Maybe even get up to one of the Lords of Hell?

(Also, can I just say that I find it a bit silly that Daemons don't have a realm or language to themselves, but seem to have just taken the tablescraps from the Demons and Devils?)

(Also repostan here since this seems like the dominant thread)

>How noble is your character? Does he live an opulent lifestyle?
Merchant noble who sleeps on a mattress of gold. He has back problems because of it.

As a noble aristocrat, Lord Cornelius enjoys many things your average peasant or adventurer only see from a distance.

I've run players as that before. He was just a fighter, came across a forgotten god's temple in ruins and pledged to become his champion

How do I light magic in pathfinder, my dudefriends?

Evocation.

Something with Jericho and the royals.

Daemons are more fundamentally destructive and nihilistic than any other fiend. It makes perfect sense that they don't have a language.

But they do have a realm--Abbadon.

And demons don't live in hell. Why don't you actually read up on your lore before you ask these questions?

When you cast the light spell, aim it on a rock or something. Something small enough so you can hide it in your sleeve or pocket when you need to douse the light.

Unless you mean a light magic setting? In which case I would say spellcasters are reasonably rare (as they already are by base) so then people like wizards are very important. Everyone knows about a wizard, but not everyone KNOWS a wizard. Classes like druids and clerics are similarly rare, but its more common to encounter them than others. That sort of thing.

If a character wants to play as a wizard or other magician, tell them they may experience certain encounters, like people trying to convert him to their cause or trying to just kill him for wizzing. Along with a difficulty of acquiring spells, but not impossible. For example, going out of their way to find another spellcaster to share spells with, or maybe contacting outsiders to share magic with.

This also leaves the room for things like 'magic duels' where another caster may challenge the party wizard. Winner takes the other's spellbook or aperatus. Though these things are reasonably rare and if its heard a duel is going on, everyone in the kingdom might hear about it eventually.

It'd be pretty easy in Spheres.

I mean there's a Destruction Blast Type Group of light blasts, not to mention the Light sphere itself.

I hope everyone's having fun tonight!

What's the difference between /pgg/ and /sfg/ for talking about Starfinder?

pgg is for both starfinder and pathfinder. Two threads split the population too thin and you end up with two dead threads

/pfg/ was doing fine before whoever it was kicked up a stink and said we had to become /pgg/

... Could you run that by me again? Are you suggesting I can't have /pfg/ and /sfg/ open at the same time? The threads won't die if you actually give a damn about both subjects.

I for one enjoy being a /pgg/a

when have you seen a starfinder general that actually exists for a while

I meant to say Devil, got my words mixed up there. Regardless of that, my question still stands.

We NEED something with Jericho and the royals, stat. One of them stealing him from the other, some sordid love triangle business, maybe the good old ménage à trois, something!

There is a cult of people trying to ship all of them them together for some nefarious purpose. The princess is oblivious and the men are confused.

Never played a noble. I've made a character who is an adopted ward of a member of the Military Oligarchy, but never actualy played a straight up aristo

Spheres of Power, along with the Light Sphere Handbook options for optimal Grossly Incandescent

I want art of this, not a written story.

I want both.

One was made by animeposter to shit up and split the threads

>Move, make one attack

vs

>Move, finish encounter with single spell.

I'd rather Bladed Dash in to do both at once.

>Noble Stipend
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/noble-stipend/
Why has nobody told me about this feat before?

>Foxtits's character sheet is 20 pages of black text on white page PDFs
Is it possible it's actually DHB in disguise?

>you can spend only on services and nonmaterial goods.

So, you're on shitty food stamps that can't actually be used on food.

I guess you could hire mercs with it.

Whoever it is I think was exposed to be a pretty relentless self-shill.

>JttW is brought up, suddenly FOXTITS FOXTITS
>FOXTITS IS THE BEST APP!
>Anons point out basic mistakes
>Suddenly app is edited

Really makes one ponder

What if it's a gestalt intelligence of the biggest memes.

Not a chance. DHB is a classy fucker.

DHB is not one for subtlety

>Prostitutes count
If it cuts down on my character's flavor eating up a portion of my wealth by level I'm happy to sacrifice the feat.

Are you that one user with the laundry list of weekly expenses including prostitutes, high-end prostitutes, and copious amounts of drugs?

You know, you could just put a point into a profession skill and use that cash.

What whores cost 100gp a week though?

Fucking seriously.

If my suspicions are right it's this user
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51659254/#51664628
Who is clearly a child who has never had any experience with any of the items on his list except for food and maybe fireworks (if mommy said it was okay to hold a sparkler).

>It's separated into three parts

>That list
My God, is he in middle school?

What the fuck is an "emergency prostitute?"

A paramedic in a thong? Does she defibrillate your dick instead of your heart?

aaaaaaaa DHB

>TFW there's STILL no actual character sheet in all that mess
This is why you don't talk to hot girls, you'll just end up disappointed by their supernatural ability to say nothing in a million words and have it all be about themselves.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home (Closing in 2 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west (Closing in 28 Hours)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court (Closing in 1 Week)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia (Closing in 1 Week)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous (Closing in 3 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3 (Soft Close in 2 days)
>Not sure if the PLD soft close is right, I'm working on what was posted in the last thread

It's the 25th, so two days is right!

Great! I didn't want to mislead anybody, but also too lazy to look it up.

On the topic of games, what does an application, or just a character for a game need in general?

In my opinion there only needs to be a few basic elements. 1) Rough outline of their life leading to the adventure
2)Some motivations for taking part
3)How they came into their training/power/magic whatever

The DM needs to be able to assess how that person will interact with other people, because they like to pick a party that can groove together and one that has interesting but not game-fatal conflicts to explore

Why has Paizo not made tier lists official parts of the rules yet ?

What I would argue is missing from that is je ne sais quoi.

There's a certain something that needs to be part of an application to make it appealing and enjoyable. The spice that makes a reader go "oh this is interesting and adventures with this person would be fun".

I would ALSO argue that what these threads consider spicy enough to be worthwhile is way overdone. You need to be in full meme territory to get a reaction, and anything short of that is 'boring' automatically.

That looks about right, but I'd put it more in terms of the telling of three events that determined the course of their life as it is at the start of the campaign:
1) Formative experiences (typically outlining the circumstances of their birth if it's important and any formal training they've had)
2) A catalyst (a singular life-changing event that set them on the path they now walk, because the adventurer who adventures for adventure's sake is boring)
3) An introduction (the missing piece that threads their formative experiences through the catalyst and ends up stitching it all together to explain the here and now of why they're participating in the campaign)

These should probably be about a paragraph each and often the catalyst can be combined with the formative experiences or introduction.

Then they would have to admit their game is not perfectly balanced and would have to fix it

Well it's very hard to account for personal tastes. I'd agree the threads are way too harsh.

This is good, I think it could be succinctly stated that the PC needs to fit the tone of the game and have a role?

You got PLD right.

Has anyone looked into the Tome-smiter class he posted?

>tfw you want to play Vults fey healer homebrew but not in PLD aka "PTSD" simulator

>PTSD
You're one of the few that gets it! So many people focus on the rape; they forget the slow, mental death that follows.

Because they don't believe in them, and HOW DARE martials ask to be able to be good at things when they already have teh damages!!1!

You have exactly one week to make a bazketball ingenue to rival Takashi!

The girls are still pretty happy though

What are some of your character ideas for Starfinder?
Curious to see what other people have come up with.

I hope the RotJR teams have fun today and tomorrow!

Make a character based on this.

youtube.com/watch?v=tkzY_VwNIek

I'd probably have to roll some dice to determine class and theme and to settle on just one.

Answer - Though not an original idea I particularly enjoy this character.

Brain-in-a-jar Mercenary still paying off the mortgage on his fancy new body.

Gillman Bard.

Easy!

Did you see the update?

drive.google.com/open?id=1EgpSnNxiXt7Dn3GGy-b6CwCmxXosVH8dzWklpuhVviE

Do it, you will regret nothing as you mock your whole party with your glorious capitalism.

i have 1280 gp left for a level ten character what do i buy help i need it by tomorrow

Too bad no games allow leadership

That actually sounds like fun!

Classes:
1) Envoy
2) Mechanic
3) Mystic
4) Operative
5) Solarian
6) Soldier
7) Technomancer

Themes:
1) Ace Pilot
2) Bounty Hunter
3) Icon
4) Mercenary
5) Outlaw
6) Priest
7) Scholar
8) Spacefarer
9) Xenoseeker
10) Themeless

Oh nice! It's too bad I'll probably never get a chance to play a Houri healslut in a game though.

Rolled 2 (1d7)

Rolling for class

You aren't going to put more thought into it and just go all random?

Rolled 2 (1d10)

>Mechanic
Rolling for theme

Other pfg DMs could probably be convinced to allow it.

It's not like it's particularly broken.

I think he's saying that he has so many ideas that he's going to pick one at random to make that choice.

I imagine it's a compartmentalization thing. There's a strong front that presents a determined face to the world, but somewhere inside a dark pit of suffering is just filling up with hideous psychological shit.

A good bit of advice for leftover funds are one of two options: either spend the rest on any potions you think you might need, or if you've already done that keep it for the session! You never know when having some extra coins lying around could be good for your needs.

A jive-talking robot that blasts cracker-ass honkeys with his plasma rifle

The only thing they may have locked away is that they like it and it's just becoming an embarrassment for them, bot a torture

>Mechanic Bounty Hunter
She inherited the life of a bounty hunter rather than choosing it, born on the cold floor of the engine bay aboard the junker her parents's employers supplied them with. Since then, that rough and ready lifestyle has claimed her parents and so much more, but she still has her crewmates and her creations to give her a reason to go on.

But even then, you'd expect several competing things at work in the mind. Sure, maybe they've got some aberrant, lustful self that likes it, but then the guilt-ridden, moralizing id self decries and condemns it, and that tension will create brain problems. Fear of the loss of self, and the degradation of the mind and the soul will also cause serious issues too, and that doesn't even get into the influence of the divine or other external and magical factors.

There are a lot of different things at work in there, no matter how low their INT is.

Flash Nebula

The glamrock space captain who plays the keytar.

That or a robotic ascetic monk looking for robot enlightenment

Which I'll never get. It's no more broken than full casters.

Who knows. Not like I wouldnt work with the DM to make sure it wasnt broken like double caster or something

Its more that Leadership tends to bog down the game