Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Sisters of Battle Edition

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw List Builder
Got Squatted, use pen and paper or whatever

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4dcAxceqSe4
lmgtfy.com/?q=statistical average
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post best classic chapter

More like deadest chapter.

Fuck FW and fuck GW

Posting again since no answer.

developer fag here, I have the skill to make a list builder program but no legal knowledge to know what to exclude to keep it from getting copyright strikes.

What parts should not be in the program you think?

Also, mah nigga Also, critique list attached pls

Reposting from the last thread for some feedback.
Any obvious problems with this list?

Dark Angel Battalion-

Asmodai
Ezekial

3x 5-man Tactical Squads w/MLs

Razorback w/Assault Cannon
2x Razorback w/Twin LC

Caestus Assault Ram

Deathwing Ancient w/THSS
Deathwing Apothecary
5-man Deathwing Knight Squad
2x Relic Whirlwind Scorpius

Asmodai, Ezekial and the Ancient boost the attack and give rerolls to the DWKnights who all hop into the Caestus and shoot across the field to hunt heretics. Scorpius's and Razorbacks give some supporting fire from downrange.

Thoughts?

is 3++ down? It's giving me HTTP ERROR 500

The Carsharkodons?

PEDROOOOOO

Can I shoot my own troops?

Any list builder program will be shut down if it includes anything useful (like points or stats). Battlescribe gets away with it because the people making the program don't include those things. Instead, those things are an optional addon that other people make.

The important thing is just not letting GW know about it like that fucking moron on facebook. Don't share listbuilders with reddit.

Okay.

Are Nurglings good?

They seem weak as fuck and squishy, but I guess they are good for infiltrating and annoying the enemy turn 1?

Threadly Reminder:
Many units are led by a champion of some kind such as a Sergeant.
Unit champions often have better characteristics and weapon
options than the models they command. With the exception of
Wolf Guard Pack Leaders in Terminator Armour, unit champions
have the same points cost as the others models in their unit.

youtube.com/watch?v=4dcAxceqSe4

What models are the same/similar size to a Gorkanaut that would make for a good kitbash/conversion? Spending so much for more than one of the same huge model seems unfun to me.

They are for screening, either keeping your shooty guys safe or annoying the enemy's shooty guys.

It is mandatory to shoot the enemies troops. Your own are optional.

30 Y E A R S

Mega dredd, considering FW seems to have dropped the rules for it 'nauts fit best.

It's stupid that you can't. There's a rule where you can't even shoot a unit when it's within 1" of your pals. Which is dumb. You should be able to make the risk of hitting your own troops, or at least a few armies (Imperial Guard and Orks come to mind) should be able to.

they should make a new RTB-01 kit, with five imperial marine-style Mk6 marines.

Plz nu-GW bring back Cortez

Best way is make a program/app, throw it here, people pass it around, nobody even know who the fuck made it. release shit like unit picture/etc separated or can be added manually by user so the main program remain lightweight. You can then make it "open source" after you already made a good foundation.

I more meant other armies. I wanna loot some'un.

I see

I suppose my next question is what is it people hate about battlescribe?

I'm not going to bother writing anything if no one cares

I would pay good money for that.

Do space marines even have functional genitalia, or a sex drive?

Make all the software skeleton, keep all the pictures/data/points cost in a separate file

Put the software online, distribute the datafile on Veeky Forums

>What parts should not be in the program you think?
Points, basically. GW have never allowed them to be out freely in the wild, it's why almost every forum refers to costs in "meltabombs" and other such malarkey, and have done so for years.

Why is the Predator autocannon so expensive? 1 point less than twin lascannon.

Twin Lascannon has higher Str, better AP, better damage and longer range.

Only thing autocannon has going for it is it gets, on average, 1 more hit than 2 lascannons. Even then it can still get less if you roll badly.

Average of 2 lascannons is 2 shots.

Average of 2d3 is 3. Is this what we pay so much points for? 1 extra crappy shot?

Yes, unknown but probably not.

If you are a commissa

>set up right the fuck in front of enemy
>turn 1 charge
they'll never kill anything but if whatever you charged can't fly, they won't get to shoot for the rest of the game

>Average of 2d3 is 3

Is the Aeldari start collecting box god?

How do I run them as Ynnari best?

If you account for some of the new tactics and synergies, plus a bit of cheese. Tau seem like they might still be mid-high tier. They can't just carry themselves with Riptides anymore

>Average of 2d3 is 3
No it is 4

Can the vulture trade away its missiles for something else and then take a twin punisher gatling?

It's worded oddly

>may replace its twin multi laser and all hellstrike missiles

Don't take donations.

It means all 3 things replaced by the Punisher cannons

Show your working, memelord.

2d3 = d3 x 2.

D3= 1,2,3.

3/2= 1.5

1.5x2=3.

Does this mean the R&H can take chimeras but can't actually use them as transports? Because chimera's will only take models wit keywords

Also are all auto cannon chimeras DKoK now? Not that it makes any practical difference

Nobody hates battlescribe. It just doesn't format stuff in a pretty way that you can attach as an image.

I dislike battlescribe because it's a much more complex affair to make a list. The old site was nice: you pick your units, you pick your guns. If you want, slap a detachment on there.

Battlescribe was more complicated. Certainly more functional, but it took more steps to get a working list.

RAI, I agree, but RAW replacing 0 missiles still fulfils replacing all missiles.

Quad launcher blows out of the water wyvern and thunderfire its not even funny.

>Average of a d3 is 1.5

Okay, this is the last (you) from me

Banshees+Jain Zar+Disposable, characters (Dark Eldar Arhcon Retinues work the best). Anytime a unit dies around the banshee blob, you can charge it without overwatch into a unit that hasn't shot yes, and disable a unit for a turn.

This.

Roll me 1.5 on d3, fucking retard.

>replace keyword with R&H and impeium with chaos

kek

Average of1d2

D2= 1,2.

2/2= 1

b8

> t. battlescribe shill

It's difficult for many people to setup, not very easy to use, horrible performance on most phones, and it's roster output is pretty garbage.

Looks like he got some hulk hands for Christmas or some sheeeeiiiittt.

plz critique

Tried using a list before based around a battalion With:
Prime
Broodlord

2 x 6 Genestealers
3 Warriors

Im not the sure extra command points were really worth it though

Seems that Quad, Hydra and tarauntlas are the to-go artillery in FW's index

Its an average.

lmgtfy.com/?q=statistical average

Average of d6 is 3.5.

DURR HOW DO YOU ROLL 3.5- you.

Did I miss the Kill Krusha Rules?

I hate it, the text format couldn't get more blobbed if you tried.

> No it is 4
No its 3-4

So in everyone's games of 8th so far what has been the most common list you've seen the store trap run? My FLGS is lousy with them and I want to know how to hard counter their fuckery.

No official artwork, pictures or any media of the sort.
Drop unit stats too maybe, just keeping points.
No monetization anywhere

To get extra tricky, you could try and splinter it into 2 parts. Like battlescribe and keep the points file type thing as a separate download here. Therefore they can't go after the main program then.

yah but the Chimera only uses Astra Militarium and Infantry key words to specify what it can transport, neither of which are modified by the R&H rules

And yet battlescribe lists at least all upgrades in a large enough font to easily read. Coupled with the fact that that list builder didn't always show the wargear upgrades clearly on the pictures of the models (if at all) it actually wasn't that easy to parse what every model was armed with at a quick scan. The list builder was very pretty, but actually not as easy to get across your list's composition.

Just typing the thing out continues to be best, but that takes effort, I guess.

>horrible performance on most phones
>phones
boom, credibility lost, just like that

You get a solid 3 damage instead of d6

You're not only wrong, but obnoxious about it
D3
1 + 2 + 3 = 6
6/3 = 2 because it's three results, not 2 as you did
2*2 = 4
Average of 2D3 is 4, average of a single D3 is 2.

> Astra Militarium= regiment

What app did you use to make this?

>6 minutes to solva the capcha
I'm either turning in to a robot or these things are getting worse.

How was I shilling for battlescribe?

Is the index link just not working?

This

>master of ordnance cant buff quad launchers, mortars etc
based

legacy captcha bro.

The first time I played one of the local traps they'd went full on conscript spam which I'd been expecting and they were taking like 60 models off the board a turn, the second one though had a heavily mechanised list filled with cheap infantry and it was hard going.

Battle scribe, didnt realise it had been shut down, i've had the tab open for a few days so i guess it still works

Excuse me for being a turbo retard but which index is RH located in

Capcha sometimes gets stuck repeatedly giving you another page to solve. Copy your post's text, refresh the page, and paste it and post. Usually fixes it.

Show your working

2d6 = d6 x 2

D6= 1,2,3,4,5,6.

6/2= 2

2x2=4.

Anyone know the height of a Hemlock Wraithfighter model?

Not everyone is an autism slurping shitposter like you son.

No, change your browser, probably MEGA go hiccup on your computer.

Astra militarum

In the DL link in OP’s post,
is there expected to be a PDF version of the (currently only) epub files of IA indices Xenos and Imps?

Depends how high your table is m8

I'm pretty sure it's not, or would be regiment

Nothing. And I mean NOTHING was as bad as Rapidshares "cat or dog" captcha. Where even the captcha wasn't sure what was cats and what was dogs.

The picture captcha?
It has been dogshit the last few days, failing to connect all the time.
Go click the settings at the bottom of the thread to the right, change to legacy captcha

did anyone get a mirror of the gitshit that list calculator was using? anyway we can host mirrors on our own to utilize it?

No, but I can tell you the dimensions of the crimson hunter, if that's any good to you?

Reposting becuase the new thread was made before this post.

HOT TAKE INCOMING.

Does fly actually allow you to charge after falling back?

I looked through the fallback section today, and it mentioned that units that took a fall back cannot advance shoot or charge. It then said that units with fly can still shoot.

The charge phase section also explicitly forbids units that fell back from charging with no exception made for flying units.

hur durr.

I just want to know how tall the fucking model is. If anyone owns one, and can lay it down and measure from the tip of the tail to the table or something that would be great.

Thank you sir

Not unless he releases the backend code.

Which he won't because he's a greed little nigger.

Honestly I wouldn't even be surprised if this whole "GW sent me a cease and desist" thing was complete bullshit and he's just fishing hardcore for donations.

Index: Forces of the Astra Militarium, Mega link in the OP

For the glory of mankind and Dark gods!

Yes that would be great.

If you can tell me how tall the tallest point of the crimson hunter when laid down is from the table/ground, that would be great. I assume the model sits on its nose, and two wing tips.