JumpChain CYOA Thread #1576: Exploding Through Exaltations Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird
youtube.com/watch?v=BZzbAaHHidg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But muh Fiat!

I'm sorry, but your car can't handle an exaltation. It's like putting rocket fuel in a motor scooter.

After Stellaris I realized that my jump count is on 700... What am I doing with my life?

Kek... that actually made me chuckle.

And what does that whole rant have to do with starting the Mortals Gauntet ten years before dragonblooded jump?

That delays the beginning of meta plot from the release of the Solar Prison, but the actual setting is still the same.

WHY WOULD YOU TRY TO EXALT A CAR

Escapism, the only road to happiness in this doomed world.

A question we all need to ask ourselves, because bruh. I'm at 850.

Why would you bother when you could do basically all you'd ever want in 30?

How many people are there in Creation?

Sure. It think Gaunlet actually said you could do that.

Except the Crane is pretty useless. It just lists demons, and allows you to contact (but not summon, bind, or be protected from) 2nd and 3rd Circle Demons.

Sure, you could make a deal to learn some spells if you know Sorcery... but you're a mortal, the only thing you can really offer is becoming an Akuma.

The mindfuckery is the important part of the book. The rest might as well be "How To Become An Akuma For Dummies".

Maybe you don't want to miss something cool. Maybe there's characters you want to meet. Maybe there's someplace you want the coordinates of so you can go there effortlessly once it's all done. Maybe there's somewhere you want to make a friend.

Maybe you want to go to all the real-world jumps, see all the ways your life could have turned out. Or maybe you just want to eat the food there.

Who are we to judge?

Around 500 million mortals or so.

Did anyone pick up a Mjolnir?

I got a Worthy Weapon in Marvel Magic, but I gave it a Light Domain instead of thunder or whatever Thor has.

It was also a spear, so more like Gungnir, I suppose.

Why wouldn't you try to exalt a car?

None of those are worthwhile objectives.

>they even remembered his gloves
>but they forgot the belt

WHY DOES EVERYONE FORGET THE BELT

Okay, cutting to the chase: Not dead, back, big surprise, never mind.

Changelog:
>Added two new 50CP perks: Leatherworker and Daemonic Name
>finished all Tzeentch perks
>part-way into Slaanesh perks

>Not dead, back, big surprise, never mind.

Disappointing.

Just as planned.

Interesting

I love you.

Ah, so converting a modern earth sized population should be an order of a magnitude above that? And pulling some bullshit to usurp the Emperor in 40k or convincing the whole of thr galaxy to worship you in Star Wars would basically get you endless Essence and Willpower?

ALL OF MY YES.

Pic related.

remember That scene in avengers here everyone was getting drunk and Thor put his hammer on the table? I have Automatically worthy And use items, regardless of stuff perks so I just picked it up and threw it in the warehouse,also, I imported my staff of light as Mjolnir in Kung fury.
Good to see you kicking around Red,looking forward to the completed version.

I want Red to step on me, violently.

Reminder that that's Volstagg.

>Tzeentch perks
Oh dear. I want them, but...at the same time...

>so I just picked it up and threw it in the warehouse
You're an asshole.

he made it a challenge,there was an assumption of the risk.

Glad to see you too, sweetie.

Critique and criticism requested to make sure the chaos perks are balanced with each other. Loyalist route is still being planned.

Your point doesn't refute his.

Look at his name.

Look at the shitty art he's posting with.

Look at his speech-to-text.

if you do not expect this kind of behavior from Tera by now, you are a complete idiot. This is normal for him, and I'm surprised he didn't mind-rape Thor immediately afterwards.

Probably, yes. At those scales you'd be looking at a fuckton of essence and willpower.

Building Manse-infrastructure would probably still be more efficient, but if you're going to those extremes of getting worshippers anyway...

Problem is that you'd have to set it up again every jump, unless you find a way to take along all those worshippers.

>not searching the dimensions endlessly to find Flavortown, remembering your time in Toriko fondly but wondering if there's something even better out there

>not making a scrapbook that weighs several tons and has a page count higher than every novel ever written, full of notes and photographs from everywhere you've ever been, doing dumb poses alongside all your favorite characters from your childhood

>not having a heartfelt goodbye party the night you're about to leave a world, and bringing enough of the best dip and soda in the multiverse for everyone

Congrats fucking over one of the better Avengers, asswipe.

Never call yourself a hero again. You're worse than Tony Stark in every way imaginable.

Why can't Khornates buy Psyker stuff? Khorne's cool with Psykers who murder shit with their mind, he just hates Sorcerers.

What falls under the definition of 'bird'?

600 - Sword of the Sun - To fight against the Primordials in their prime with naught but an army of mortals...surely, such a feat should have been impossible, no more possible than an ant slaying a living planet. But it was, and Creation was forever changed by it. Embodying that power to surpass overwhelming odds, your martial prowess is now defined by overcoming superior foes. When fighting a foe with a distinct advantage against you - power, size, scale, or even the amount of soldiers in an army - the wider the gap, the more you will be bolstered with both insight and combat ability that will let you fight them on even ground. An enemy who could slay you with a wave of their hand will find it difficult to actually focus their will upon you, a giant finds their size a hindrance instead of a help, while a gigantic army is no more difficult to overcome than a well-armed squad. Be warned that lacking the means to actually fight such enemies - an army of your own, Charms, or such - will merely give you the means to survive the bout, and that this will at most close the gap between your opposition - the battle will become a coin toss, rather than a one-sided battle. You must tilt those odds further in your favor on your own.

Reworked Fighter capstone. Steady progress. How's it look?

I gave him back a mine craft copy no one ever knew the difference.

>facepalming_picard.jpg

I'm addicted to perks. Specially charisma perks and fiat-backed immunities.

I'm very insecure.

Well, if you don't need to dream or sleep, my guess would be that you'd have immunity to the normal effects imposed by drawbacks like that.

I think I mentioned it with the Memory Tidying perk, but memories just get lost; they won't be destroyed. So in the case of Forever Neverland, Neverland will just be clouding them away from your conscious memories and making sure you don't bother to look for those memories.

Things that can restore memories, such as Memory Tidying or things from other jumps, could therefore help get your memories back; even so, that won't stop Neverland from trying to take them away again when she has the chance.

Whatever.

I'm pretty sure there's an established definition.

I mean, does it work on some kind of fucking sky-blotting Roc?

It was a friendly game between a bunch of dudes who were taking a load off over a round of drinks. You just did the equivalent of snatching someone's keys and stealing their car.

Fluffy dinosaurs, man.

Because psyker stuff trivializes the battle and is hardly a testament to your own martial prowess. Khorne dislikes cheaters, and you get a good extra amount of wargear as a result.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird

noun
noun: bird; plural noun: birds

a warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrate distinguished by the possession of feathers, wings, and a beak and (typically) by being able to fly.
synonyms: fowl; chick, fledgling, nestling;
informalfeathered friend, birdie;
budgie;
technicalavifauna
"feeding the birds"
dude, one of my titles is mugger of Gods" it could've gone a lot worse

Yes, those are all worthy, beautiful objectives.

So you're a classless thug, stealing from the gods that are bros with mankind.

Odd time to post.

gods are not Bros with mankind, at best they are nursemaids and you saw what his brother was like

Neat.

...what does a voice "oozing with ambition" sound like?

youtube.com/watch?v=BZzbAaHHidg

>Storm of Change
Does this actually affect a city-sized area? If so, there goes the average city. The city itself has been burned to the ground by warpfire, and everyone in it are now Those Mutated Things That Shall Not Be Mentioned.

Did…
Did Thor finally get his hammer back?
Is the Age of SJWs finally coming to an end?

>sins of the father, except stupider
And just when I thought you couldn't get any more retarded

SINDRIIIIIIIIIIII!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

It's useful if you take Solars later, because then you have THE Demonology book for when you wabt to do something crazy/awesome like summon the fetich of the Ebon Dragon.

Like… Voldemort maybe?
Or Marvel Loki.
Or Starscream.
That too.

Okay, first: Movie Thor isn't even a god.

Second: In myth, Thor was literally the god of being cool with humanity.

Third: In the comics, Thor has repeatedly sided with humanity over the gods. He lived as a human for a long time. And he became human enough to break free from the Ragnarok Cycle which had bound gods for untold ages. AND he loved earth and humanity so much, that he was willing to die from the dead husk of earth eons after humanity had left and/or died out.

Thor is much more of a bro to humanity than you are to anyone.

>sins of the father

if the Asgardians actually cared about humankind . They'd give us their technology continuously in small doses As we became ready for it,and would have had measures and forces in place to take care of Loki rather than us lucking out and having his brother around

Deep, with a bit of hissing. Fair enough, thanks.

The warpfire-eyes are awesome too. Wonder what colors I'd get...

Anyway...
>Storm of Change
Do the fires from this also, you know, burn people, besides mutating them? It'd be handy to hand out beneficial mutation, but not so handy if it include third degree burns.

Also, how far does this spread from you?

>Voldemort
Ah, yup, hissing.

Does Malal exist?

Say, I haven't added it to the jump, but talking with somebody gave me an idea: what if you could import a companion as your shadow? I think it's a really neat possibility to explore, but I'm not sure how to do that; I wasn't thinking of that direction when I set up the shadow perks and drawbacks. Any thoughts on how to build on that idea?

No that's Volstagg, the fat guy from the Warriors Three.

No, see, now they've retconned Thor into a douchebag that repeatedly cheated on Jane when they were together.

God fucking damn it Marvel.

So they're going with the 'doubling down on retardation' strategy that never works.

God fucking damn it, Marvel.

The guidebook says a certain amount of meters around you based on your psy rating, so I left it vague. Go with your gut.

>Do the fires from this also, you know, burn people, besides mutating them? It'd be handy to hand out beneficial mutation, but not so handy if it include third degree burns.
You could make it so it gives mutations to those you like and burns the fuck out of those you dislike.

Undetermined.

...I have no idea how to do that, but it sounds really cool.

I'm immensely glad I won't need to deal with your dumb ass when Rose updates Terra Formars.

Oh, okay then. Thanks Red.

That doesn't change the fact that
>He actually hate everyone because his brother is a douche
is literally the worst argument I have ever heard.

Marvel. Marvel. We've talked about this. Don't keep making it worse, you sour-footed rotten blankets.

Why must you continue to put your foot in your mouth time and time again, you imbecilic rabies infected orangutans?

Okay, here are the couple of rough options that I have for including a shadow companion in the Peter Pan jump:

1. Make a Shadow background option. The trouble with that is that the shadows don't get as much attention in the different versions of Peter Pan, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to find enough perks and items for them - not to mention that a couple shadow-related perks are already with the Drop-In and Lost Boy backgrounds.

2. I make a Shadow companion option in the Companion section. This is probably the best option, I think. The one challenge with this approach would be how to balance that with the current shadow drawbacks I have in place; those drawbacks would kind of conflict with the companion option, so I'm not sure what I should do (make the drawbacks cause your companions to misbehave accordingly so they don't cooperate, make it so that you can't take those drawbacks if you take the companion option, etc.).

Any ideas?

The sheer amount of delusion these writers have that makes them think people like these stories astounds me. Like Bancho has loads more self awareness than these guys and he suffers from actual disorders.

Thor is looking pretty good with short hair & beard. He should just kill Jane and take back Mjolnir. He's already proven himself worthy by living in the now.

Reminder to Marvel that Jane abandoned her husband and son the moment she heard that Thor was back, and then lost custody of said son to said husband because a court ruled that she was unfit to be a parent. She's not a strong feminist icon, Marvel, stop trying to make her into one.

Stronk's call is irresistible to some, user.
Funny biology joke, user. I can appreciate it.
If you didn't get it, there's a huge debate over what counts as a bird or not iirc

And then there's this asshole.

You should apply for a job at Marvel. With ideas like those, I'm sure you'd land a headlining job.

Aria and Doctor's Companion Nika could probably pick up Mjolnir, but Zephie and Writer Nika cannot.

... Seriously?

And now she's actively undermining mundane attempts to cure her cancer while telling anyone who tries to help her with magic to fuck off? And running around playing whack-a-mole instead of trying to reconnect with her child before she dies?

>Stylish Brooding
>This effect works only for your time here
What happens after you leave?
Also, I’d switch works and only.

More a DC guy.

Too bad, DC's actually still writing some okay stuff these days.

>Sensational Factory
...Does this mean I'll be high all the time, what with my body producing drugs?

>This even extends to the wargear that followers of Slaanesh possess, meticulously altering and shaping their equipment until it is as beautiful as they are.
>pink spiky stuff
That's their idea of beauty...? That's hilarious.

>Slithering Friends
Huh, I didn't know Slaanesh was associated with snakes. Cool.

I wonder how big I could get a basilisk with this...

In any case, this is going to be agony deciding which to go with. I really, really like the Slaanesh stuff, but I want Warpfire so bad too.

Thanks for the grammar thing, and after you leave it's irrelevant because Chaos isn't breathing down your neck anymore.

>...Does this mean I'll be high all the time, what with my body producing drugs?
Your decision.

>That's their idea of beauty...? That's hilarious.
Shit goes wonky when you have no self-control or guidelines.

>Huh, I didn't know Slaanesh was associated with snakes. Cool.
Somewhat.

What I can't fathom is that it's /STILL BEING WRITTEN BY THE GUY WHO WROTE PIC RELATED/

Shadow, the true self.

They've kept the SJW stuff to Batgirl & Green Arrow. Although Green Arrow is more typical liberal stuff that he's always been about. I enjoyed his Rebirth so far though.

Oliver has lost everything. Apparently his family has been part this occult thing that's been controlling Seattle/Star City since its founding. Meryl comes back tries ruin his name, he's comes out as not-dead & is thrown in jail. Turns out it was his mother that's still alive, she's into the cult thing and is the leader. Black Canary & Oliver are broken up sorta. Oliver is going on a one man crusade to get back his life.

If we can keep Manyfist from contributing any ideas, it'll stay okay.

When that kind of shit happens, normally it's because they have a new wife/girlfriend and have been completely pussywhipped into her beliefs.

So they're basically just half-way ripping off early seasons Arrow?

Nice Persona reference!

Probably go with the second one, yeah.

The drawbacks affecting your companions for Where's My Shadow? could work, I think.

Though probably not with No, You Are the Shadow, unless they're the shadow of a shadow.