Dungeons & Dragons updated their logo for pride month...

Dungeons & Dragons updated their logo for pride month. its about time we brought it out of the dark ages and updated it to be more inclusive to the LGBTTTQQIAA+ community. what do you guys think?

It's fantasy.
Depends on the setting.

I'll get right on making a DMPC ice elemental.

I think it's a harmless gesture that doesn't do much but isn't a bad thing. It also doesn't really need anything more than that.

Unfortunately, you're only posting this thread to attract and aggravate the people who do think it's a bad thing and will complain about it at length.

Hasn't that been their logo for the past couple years?

Also, the pride flag has been updated to include a color for Queers of Color, its dark brown above the red.

I'M MAD ABOUT THIS BECAUSE REASONS

No, this is /pol/tg/ these days, you are not allowed to state a reasonable opinion.
Race war now etc

>LGBTTTQQIAA+
>TTQQIAA

What the fuck do these mean? I'm not hip with the Alphabet people.

>Dungeons & Dragons updated their logo for pride month.

Pretty sure you just made that statement up.

Do gays and other sexual deviants even play D&D? It just seems like pointless pondering to people who are irrelevant to the subject.

Looking at their twitter, it appears to indeed be the altered logo.

looks like the dragon is sucking on something from Bad Dragon ;^)

Probably, but those that do play are also generally sane enough to keep their orientation to themselves.

The better pronounciation is QUILTBAG+

*LGBTBBQ

They do, they just don't play with you. Why would gay people not play D&D?

op here, so if the community is tearing itself apart over this, what do you consider a "harmless gesture"

In my campaign everyone in the party has a gaydar they must use to find the fags that carry an infectious disease which jeopardizes all of humanity.

Well, I don't consider people getting upset over something like that harmful. It's just kinda pathetic and shows they really need to straighten out their priorities.

this
Doesnt bother me. Its only when its forced that it sucks (that applies to both gaming and real life ;P)

More of a Bolt Action player and I wanna get into other games like Muskets and Tomahawks and This Is Not A Test, Gorkamorka and Necromunda etc. I've played DnD once and the GM or DM, whichever it is, kept trying to force gay ERP between my character who was a big ugly Orc guy and a younger orc halfling and whenever I tried derailing it he'd make the halfling have a sub dom fetish so I gave up

LGB here, TQIABBQHIV+ISISFBI need to go and stay go.

>a younger orc halfling
???

I like how upset it makes people I don't like.

In my experience a shit ton of them do

The only time people really have a right to bitch about this stuff is when they're making changes that actually impacts your ability to play, as in something you simply can't handwave away. Considering this medium is built around customized content, that would take one hell of a push by WotC.

I could take Paizo's Wrath of the Righteous and turn it into the most red-blooded classic tale of dashing knights and vicious demons where men are men, women are women and the former loves the latter, and they can't stop me from doing it.

Who gives a fuck what those faggots think? You're seriously bring facebook drama HERE?

I don't know why anyone on a board that often talks about humans being able to fuck anything and everything would care about something like a rainbow logo. Take your thinskinned outrage culture somewhere else, the rest of us don't care how sensitive you are.

>the community is tearing itself apart over this
you mean "whiny pissbabies are shitting their pants over things that don't affect them in the slightest"

this is exactly like the runescape "riots" over that optional pride month quest

>Gay people didn't politicize their demand for fair treatment
This is a joke, right?

But user, it's only okay to fuck other races when it's white men fucking the Elf. How dare you suggest human women having babies with Elven men.

>Not LGBTTTQQIAA++
Pleb.

I bet you use tabs instead of spaces too.

>pissbabies
Found the tumbrina.

D&D is owned by Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast is owned by Hasbro
The head people of Hasbro finally support Democrats and other leftists

not him but I kinda agree with both these people to an extent. It makes sense for a company to show their support on pride month however I get tired of individuals and companies pushing the whole "I'm so tolerant" crap cause 9 times out of ten its either for sales or so people can pat themselves on the back and fan their ego.

That being said in a fantasy realm a same sex couple is the least of your worries and sure they should have the same basic rights as everyone else.

I consider it loud and bored people outing themselves as such.

Stick whatever wherever in whoever, as longs as it's consensual and I won't have to be bothered.

>do provocative thing that supports your political agenda while simultaneously saying anyone provoked by it is wrong for feeling that way
Page 1 of the left-wing playbook
Don't fall for their tricks, Veeky Forums
Tell them to fuck off and stay out of your RPGs. We don't need politics everywhere.

>you leftcucks can't say my feelings are wrong!
lol

I dunno. Does OP play d&d?

yeah? You want me to elaborate?

A lot of that went over my head but I agree with the first statement. Unless it actually impacts the game mechanics and all that shit then yeah complain but a company saying "we support the LGBT community on pride month" shouldnt be an issue.

3PBP

>democrats
>largely corporate and neoliberal, religious, maybe some are liberals
>equivalent of most other countries conservative parties
>leftists

its ok to be retarded

queer isn't real, questioning isn't real, asexual isn't real, plusses aren't real, whats the other A and T for, what are the plusses, way to legitimise a movement for rights you stupid neolib faggots. pride is ridiculous

oh its all bullshit and marketing decisions for companies. actual in-game same sex couples? no big deal. gender change? magic bitch, its easier. intersex conditions? magic bitch. why it buttflusters nerds is hilarious

Fuck off /pol/

Gender change and gender bending aren't that common in fantasy settings, dude. I know we use the gender belt as a meme since the 90s but you never see anything like that as more than a crude joke.

>what do you guys think?
Meh

Ed Greenwood says hi

I mean it depends what you mean be equal "rights".

For example, modern day marriage is basically nothing more than "this person is my primary fuckbuddy and we want tax benefits for it" whether it's straight or gay, but in a lot of cultures (which included the west up until about 100 years ago) it was primarily a declaration of "we are forming a family unit and intend to produce children".

Given that children are of direct benefit to the state it makes sense to subsidize that with a tax benefit, but not so much when it's just two people who are long-term live-in fuckbuddies regardless of gender.

Yeah, this is true. Maybe we should just not have the government involved in marriage at all.

Nobody has children in the West, so the change is okay because who the fuck cares anymore.

Welcome to Veeky Forums, took you long enough to notice you're surrounded by faggots.

Tax benefies of marriage should only be granted to those who produce or mantain children. We need more consumers and workers.

Marriage has pretty much always been about money, dude

I object on the basis everyone knows it's not gay if it's an elf, so this is a false misrepresentation of the gay community.

Yeah, that'll be great for when automation replaces all the jobs with robots

That's what immigration is for.

They wouldnt support immigration if they didnt.

>encouraging poor, worthless people to shit out more future criminals and welfare parasites

This might've been true once, but it won't be for much longer. We're approaching a post-labour world. There are already people who are unemployable through no fault of their own, and the rise of automation is just going to increase that number more and more quickly as the years go on. If anything governments should be actively supporting homosexuality as a method of population control, to keep the numbers down so they have less useless people they're obligated to support.

Look at all these cucks. Even 10 years ago everyone would have flipped shit at this political catering crap.

>Man and woman get tax benefits for living together and fucking
>Gay Men get tax benefits for living together and fucking
>Me and my bro don't get tax benefits even though we live together just because neither of us is into dicks

Should we just lie and get gay married for the taxbux?

Who will buy the stuff? The modern system assume that each generation there will be more consumers, more workers.

>Even 10 years ago everyone would have flipped shit at this political catering crap.
As someone who was actually on Veeky Forums in 2007, you're completely wrong.

>pissbabies
This guy is gay. His opinion is biased in favor of maize holing.

That's honestly a really difficult question that we need to start considering an answer too now.

Personally, I think it's in the economies best interest if corporations support the creation of a universal basic income. For an economy to function they need consumers, and the vast majority of people being unemployable and unable to consume will send corporate culture into an inward spiral, competing more and more fiercely over fewer and fewer viable consumers, with many of those corporations doomed to fail and join the unemployable masses. If we want to avoid that death spiral, putting money back into the population purely as a method of stimulating growth seems like a practical necessity.

Are you forgetting how the 90s were a diversity playground of committee-designed cartoons and affirmative action?

No one will.

Humanity will have reached a point where we only need the cream of the crop. Everything and everyone else will be disregarded as garbage and disposed of.

Welcome to the Fourth Reich.

The modern system won't work for long
You have four options:

1: Give people free money
2: Intentionally make things more expensive to prop up human employment
3: KIll lots of people
4: Do nothing, watch it collapse

Which do you think is most likely going to happen
The answer is 4

The moder system will implode or evolve into something else, as always.

>do sexual deviants even play D&D?
Welcome to Veeky Forums, enjoy your stay.

I hope the death spiral comes before the West works out a nice way to immigrate the entire population of the poorer countries their way.

I'd rather see our countries burn before the demographics shift.

>runescape "riots"
Fucking kek.

You sound like you want to get your ass fucked by a fat boy, faggot.

Of course not, this is Veeky Forums. None of us play any of the games we complain about.

Marriage has very rarely been about starting families. In cultures that the West derives from, it was basically an exchange of property.

Doesn't affect me, but I can laugh at people shitting themselves everywhere over this. You still aren't playing a tranny character though.

Everything he said brings to question whether he was even born before the 90's

>opinions can be right or wrong

That's only Philadelphia, but I like the intersectionality of it and think it should be more widely adopted.
They do, but most sexual deviants in D&D are straight.
>We only need the cream of the crop
Shit floats, the most robust members of the human species are not the richest.

I do think there is some hope. At a certain point it'll be in the interest of the majority of corporations to keep a large consumer base going, so a nominal tax to support a universal basic income will be more profitable for them in the long run.

Then again, that assumes actual capitalist ideology holds true, as opposed to the relentless corporatism masquerading as capitalism we're currently suffering under.

Veeky Forums, where we talk about fucking gelatinous cubes but first we check their genitals.

> obligated to support
That's where you're wrong. We're headed towards a world where the government is fully funded by the 0.001% who own robots and refuse to give any of their money to poor people.

Excuse me shit lord, but I find it extremely problematic that you forgot the P for pedo-sexual in that acronym.

Bit immigrants as a group consume far more state resources than they contribute, and neither do their kids or grandkids.

It's almost like people are aware of how good the welfare systems in the west are and they come here to live more comfortably on state benefits than they did working in their own countries.

>1: Give people free money
Venezuela is doing that. Every person in that country is a multi-millionaire. Too bad doing that just causes hyper-inflation. Being a millionaire doesn't mean much when a loaf of bread costs 100K

>I mean it depends what you mean be equal "rights".

same rights as everyone else (or lack of rights under a tyrant) I mean in a fantasy realm where you have all these races, magic, strange creatures and abominations, two guys or women running a shop with their one bed bedroom in the upper floor doesnt seem that odd or like a warlord or king having male and female slaves in their harem.

Regarding the real world and the wargaming community LGBT people should have the same basic rights as heterosexual people in that they have a voice, a vote and get stepped on by fat cats and big corporations. My only problem with the diversity quotas is they always get the biggest stereotype to represent their community.

>That's where you're wrong. We're headed towards a world where the government is fully funded by the 0.001% who own robots and refuse to give any of their money to poor people.
I can't wait to see how the 22nd century updates the guillotine.

I used to believe this, but now I've been convinced guaranteed basic income is not the answer but rather guaranteed basic services.
Same cost, same purpose, more efficient.

Why do you think we're talking about economics instead?

Honestly user I kinda wonder how shitty your life is that you've never met or known an ordinary gay person in any reasonable capacity. Have you really never had anyone who was gay or bi or whatever in any of your gaming groups? Do you really think gay people are equivalent to pedophiles?

It's possibilities like that which show the need for action. An automation tax might seem bizarre, but for the majority of corporations it's actually in their best interest, see The trouble is, we've already seen the global economy skewed against that interest. Capitalism itself is against the gross accumulation of funds- Economies grow when money moves. Properly paying workers to circulate money is how you make everyone more wealthy, and yet more and more we see singular controlling entities who are more than willing to ignore capitalist ideals, using regulation or taking bailouts to compete unfairly rather than providing a better service.

We'll see. I'm hopeful that we'll figure it out, but there's every chance I'm wrong.

I'd sooner guess that 4 will be more the result of a stalemated tug-of-war between 1 and 2 (though possibly eventually 3)

The problem with services is that while it supports peoples needs, it doesn't drive an economy. That disposable income is necessary if you want to keep the gears that drive western society turning.

Did I say give people millions of dollars? The idea would be to give them a livable wage so that people aren't starving in the streets. You could even get rid of minimum wage laws at that point, and roll all other forms of welfare into the basic income

Why didn't they update their logo for black history month?

The banking crash was such a fucking clusterfuck that put the lie to capitalism in almost every country that attempted to "deal" with the aftermath. All these banks which passed into public ownership and are now being resold to private interests, with no ultimate benefit for the public buyer too.

Me neither, buddy.

It's more likely the gay people in user's life don't care enough to tell him, or knows he's a shithead and don't tell him because of that.

That's fair. Perhaps a mix of both?

it would make it hard to see against that background

Implying the engineers wont take over in the long run.

The 90s were 17 years ago.

I feel like you probably have more crime in a free services-no money economy where money still exists than in a free money to cover services one.

They did but it's hard to read black text on a black background.