Can anyone post some RPGs about living through a dying world rather than saving it? Something with a melanchonic tone

can anyone post some RPGs about living through a dying world rather than saving it? Something with a melanchonic tone.

Other urls found in this thread:

nechronica.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I understand Ryuutama can be played that way

Apocalypse world generally runs that way. Things are not getting better, the players are not really supposed to change it, just make it through and meet their own needs.

Also, the World of Darkness games can, and most should, be run that way.

Otherwise it's rare as a default setting assumption, because there's no escapism if you want to just survive without a real hope of victory, and escapism is such a huge motivation behind tabletop gaming.

Maybe Catastrophe?

The Quiet Year/Deep Forest are both geared towards that. The group gets a year to run a post apocalyptic settlement, and is basically expected to perish at the end of the game.

Dude any rpg set in modern day lmao

Nechronia: The Long Sequel.

I just want to know how the Frost Shepherds work.

Memory tells me there's a Mistborn rpg somewhere, and by your thread's question it is a setting about existing and surviving on a dying world that sustains a fragile balance where nothing is ideal

>I fully expect to be savaged for this post

?

Blades in the dark.

This, 100%. Rules are here: nechronica.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

stop shilling this please

however the group decides they work, it's a worldbuilding game, that's sort of the point

Reign of Steel

>Look at this user. Look at him and laugh.
Engine Heart is always welcome on Veeky Forums user. It was born here.

user - you are a complete fuck-nugget. Engine Heart isn't some 'cult-of-the-new' POS that's being shilled all over the place. It's been out for a while now, was written by a Veeky Forums user, and shared here for free by the author even when the KS for the print copies was going on.

God-damn summer fags... Fuck off to reddit where you belong.

>can anyone post some RPGs about living through a dying world rather than saving it? Something with a melanchonic tone.

15 Years Later
Broken Urthe
Crawling Under a Broken Moon
Fallout based RPGs
The Dying Earth

>just because something is made on Veeky Forums means it should be shilled here!
Strikeanon does the same exact shit, as does Ops and Tactics user. Don't think I'm a goddamn summerfag just because I don't like what you like, retard

They arrive. You probably all die. Everyone gets to talk about how that happens and try not to get too bummed. I consider it a minor group win if everyone decides 'fuck this settlement, they deserved it'.

Deep Forest is more explicit in a way. The humans come back, you probably get colonized.

Are you okay?

That's the direction that the 40k RPG line could be taken in. However, with the new canon, the assumption of the world's end being soon seems to have been cancelled, which changes things a lot.

@53984769
Still screaming 'stop liking what I don't like', so still pretty useless.

>@53984769

Eh, sorta. I mean, we had it confirmed that *every world* in the Imperium is now at war, which was nice (even if the war ended eventually). Could have some sort of game about the last civilian holdouts on a world that doesn't get rescued in time, I suppose.
But anyway, the *real* reason the 40k rpg line won't go in that direction is that the games don't exist anymore - FFG lost the license, and GW decided to not give it to anyone new. (Seriously, they're all proud of the new edition, and give both WHFB and AoS to somebody, but no new 40k rpg? BS.)

>People recommending an RPG they like is shilling! Reeeeeeeeee!

Why would you want to roleplay your real life?

Well, lets start with your inability to use words correctly shall we? Do you honestly think the user in question is getting PAID to promote Engine Heart ** by giving it away for free ** on 4chins? No? Congratulations then, it's not shilling you dip-shit!

> inb4 Bu... But user - other faggots self-promote their own games for profit, therefore anyone praising anything must be a shill!

You have an intellect rivaled only by garden tools and 'really smart' rocks. Obviously only people with 'ulterior motives' would promote games they like by talking about them on a 'traditional games' forum in a thread specifically about RPGs. Either that or you're a butt-hurt moron...

> But I don't like [insert thing here]. And I think my personal 'taste' is the same thing as logic and reason! Therefore everyone should agree with me. REEEEEE!!!!

Bravo user! You've done a fine job of self-diagnosis. And you're right. You've got a hell of a case of "Waaaah! Stop liking what I don't like"-itis. You might want to head to a hospital soon. You're doubtless going to be proscribed heavy doses of "Man the fuck up and stop being a whiny biotch!"

> I'm not a summer-fag! I just act like one all the time...

So you're a summer-fag with multiple years of experience. How charming. What next? Can we have your best 'Internet Tough Guy' impression too? (Don't forget to wear your Fedora!)

Hey Sora no Woto has a hopeful tone.

damn you showed me

Sundered Skies for Savage Worlds is quite cool.

@53984769
@53979581
Get the actual fuck outta' here

>Strikeanon does the same exact shit, as does Ops and Tactics user. Don't think I'm a goddamn summerfag just because I don't like what you like, retard

But why not? It's a great place for feedback.

Shadow of the demon lord