Meta Veeky Forums Thread #2

>CYOA is /qst/ edition

Welcome to Meta Veeky Forums Thread!

This thread is designed for shitposting, bitching about /qst/, namefag circlejerking, jumpchain faggots defending their trash tier fan fic, writefags not knowing where they belong and memers to get dank (You)s

All under the guise of productive work!

>LAST TIME

*We established that CYOA is not Veeky Forums and is /qst/
*Namefags were deemed scum (who would have known?)
*Trash lit threads like L5R Stonewall still havent been purged to *Anime may or may not be Veeky Forums related.

Gentlemen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HgQEuPw942c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop making these blatant bait threads you insufferable faggot

holy shit
you made a thread when the old one was still on page 5
how much of a retarded cluttering faggot are you?

put cyoas and quests wherever you want but this fucker needs to stop

>mfw all the questfags are riled up and just want to come back to Veeky Forums

>this is a general now

W E W
E
W

Also, I'm pretty sure point 1 was never actually proven, like a biblethumper trying to prove God, and point 3 proves you have no fucking clue what Veeky Forums is.

>As opposed to people making threads about their custom games based on those settings and spamming those?
The difference is that people who try that can be told to take it to the game design/ homebrew thread.
That, and making rules requires substantially more effort for far less interest. No one wants to read anons shitty homebrew.
But a simple CYOA image is different. You can spam it, and get a lot of retards replying in a "everyone posts, nobody reads" manner.
Kind of like how quest threads work. The reason they were so "alive" on Veeky Forums while not on /qst/ is because there's less people posting their dumb responses then ignoring the rest of the thread, which makes up a bulk of the bumps.
If you want examples for "people post, nobody reads" lurk /r9k/ for a while and you'll realize how terrible those types of threads are. It's why "blogposting" is looked down upon. No one wants to read that shit, either post something interesting or don't post at all.

>There is nothing wrong with having multiple CYOA generals on the board. If the other threads are too slow and get knocked off that's not the CYOA general's fault.
Nice logic retard thanks to this mindset we have dozens of 40k threads despite there being a 40k general. Yes lets give the board even more competition for mindless bullshit surely nothing will go wrong.

Have you ever been to a single /qst/ thread?

Have you ever been to a CYOA thread?

Okay so what are we saving board space for then?

But muh new targatable enemy.

For the last time you ignorant cock, CYOA and quests are NOT the same thing!

>He made another meta thread
What a fucking legend.

In CYOA you make a character and pick what choices they would make during their adventure. That's essentially the same as a quest.

They aren't the same thing but CYOA is not a traditional game any more than a survey is.
Just because you can roleplay the outcome of that survey does not make it a traditional game. you can roleplay literally anything.

How are CYOAs /qst/?

CYOAs are not stories with GM, they are pre-created works that anyone can post a build for and then forget about. Nobody RPs CYOAs or in the general.

They are a mix of worldbuilding and making your own game.

>user sent us to a hell but we are going even deeper. Take back every Quest that we have lost.

You've never been to /qst/, have you?

>We established that CYOA is not Veeky Forums and is /qst/
Bull fucking shit. That did not happen last thread.

Honestly we should just copy /v/ and create a /tgg/ for all the general threads, that will deal with all the problems and leave only original discussion and OC.

Hiro said ONE meta thread can be active not TWO. Enjoy your ban, kiddo.

No, but I was an avid quester when they were still allowed on Veeky Forums.

And this is how Veeky Forums dies. Not with a bang, but with shitposting until the board is dissolved into several smaller sects and ultimately fades into obscurity.

I special summon "The forbidden one" from the other thread!

God wills it as so.

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=HgQEuPw942c

Might look up the game though. Thanks for the recommendation.

You know I actually think we could work with that if people remembered how to filter. That's probably the least retarded thing that's been said in the past two threads user good job.

No good will come of this, but since I can't make things worse than they're gonna get, here's my two cents:

Quests should never have been limited to just Veeky Forums, they should have been removed from the other boards based on each individual community, never all at once. This way there would have never been this overflow of quests on Veeky Forums we complain about that may or may not have existed would never have become a thing, Yuri and Anime quests could probably have been left to their respective boards, and /qst/ would've just been leftover space for banned boards.

Quests are basically Filename Threads. Are they good? Not always, in fact, most often not. But they're inherently unique to the culture they belong to and they're a stable of any board. What the Mods have done is basically create Filename Threads, the board, and killed them in the process.

dont worry
thread three will go up in 10 minutes so youll need to repeat that again

>Wayne
You're ban evading, again.

CYOA is a hell of a lot closer to a traditional game than it is to /qst/, though. Well, most of it. That CYOA is split into two groups (build-oriented vs pick-a-waifu CYOAs) doesn't help the discussion.

pretty much this
quests should have just been locked to different boards based on their content topic, not just "oh shit its a quest it automatically goes to Veeky Forums
even then /qst/ seems pathetically empty and i dont think theres anything to fix that now

"Low Effort" CYOAs (towergirls, waifushit) should be thrown away or banned.

I will accept any ban that manages to actually ban me. Dynamic IP Addresses basically make the whole thing a joke anyway. We need a new system... and probably new mods. That's pretty much how we got Quests back last time anyway.

It wasn't very solution in the long run, Veeky Forums took a couple of shitty general threads but also most of the actual conversation around games.
/v/ ending with even more shitposting and Veeky Forums having discussions being derailed with a bunch of circlejerking and drama that flourish in that kind of contained mini-communities

This is correct.

Oh great. Another thread where people will try to break this board up even more than it already is.
Can't we all just admit that removing /qst/ and not anime from Veeky Forums was a mistake and fix it?

>There are still people who think CYOAs are Veeky Forums
Traditional games are just that - traditional, as in played on a table generally, or in real life with other actual people in person.
Name me one CYOA you can play on a table at a social gathering? I'll wait.

I...shit, you're making me defend Towergirls. What a dick move. Who even does that?!?

I did Towergirls once because I'm a completionist. I spent hours cultivating a synergistic build that would give me what I wanted, basically ignoring the girls element of it and treating it as a perk-choosing game. That's a system. With builds. I don't think its own devotees treat Towergirls like that, but there's still a system underneath it all. So I'm going to have to, with great regret and self loathing, argue that it...is valid.

Oh, so you built a character and then what? Did your character go on an adventure or join a military faction? Or was that it? Just make it for some math and optimization and call it a day?

I think you would be more happy at than here.

> I spent hours cultivating a synergistic build that would give me what I wanted, basically ignoring the girls element of it and treating it as a perk-choosing game. That's a system. With builds.
No it's not it's a glorified survey.
Unless there is an actual GAME component with impartial conflict and resolution systems.
I don't know, because I'm not enough of a piece of shit to browse towergirl threads. What little I see is just "draw muh waifu" and "smut is banned on Veeky Forums but I'm going to post borderline shit anyways"

I thought the Magical Girl CYOA had whole intense rulesets and active games going? And while I've never been party to one, CYOA general is full of horror stories about the last few times people have gotten together to play out a CYOA. I think...Magical Realms, was it? That was the last one to blow up.

Also worth noting that I P&P actively (mainly FATE, Hero, 3.5, PF, Apocalypse World, Urban Shadows, twice a week), but haven't played on a table in person in...a decade? Some P&Ps are very difficult to play without a computer. So your definition seems pretty strict.

You mean besides converting it? Because you can convert quite a number of them into traditional tabletop. Traveller's Tale and some of Italics's works come to mind, like New World and Pokemon Personified.

Out of curiosity, where do you think CYOAs belong? Which board would you say fits the nature of CYOAs the best?

I don't fucking like Tower Girls but that shit is literally Veeky Forums.

Can't speak for Towergirls but some CYOAs get a huge amount of discussion. Some get entire games made out of them.

Anyone can just do that. If you think that's reason for you to keep shitposting, then you're just an ass.

When I get banned I get the message, even though I could just carry on being a shit head and change my ip. But I don't operate under the assumption that the rules don't apply to me, like you obviously do.

It's just a matter of if you're a decent person and take the hint people are giving you.

Most of Fighting Fantasy books from Puffin Books

>itt: people mistake "BOARD CULTURE" for what is actually Veeky Forums
Your furfag waifu shit is either or haaa who am I kidding it's all trash.

Thank fuck. This shit isn't even helpful retarded.

> Low effort
If there's an insult for towergirls that isn't it, there's a lot of drawfags who've bumped around in that general. You want to bugger it for something else I won't take issue but there has been a good amount of effort put into those stupid little things.

user we're on a Vietnamese basket weaving website. Weeblish was never going.

This one actually has a set of rules running around for it, quite a few got similar treatments (Power Armour, Magical Girl.)

The game was getting the best build (for me). That IS the game. That's the game a lot of P&Pers play when they make characters they'll never play out. That's the game that a friend and I played while making a telefragger in Hero the other day that we'll never bring in session.
Again, it might not be the exact same as a P&P, where the intent to play is at least possible. But it's a hell of a lot closer to Veeky Forums than it is to /qst/. Because of the itch it scratches, because of the reasons (and people) that seek it out.

Anybody "frequent" /qst/ and know of any good quests that seem like they won't lose steam and die without warning? It's been a while, and I wouldn't mind something kind of light-hearted and faux-social to read when I just need something to do.

>WOW GUYS LETS GET TOGETHER AND READ!
>AWESOME :D
>[dead silence]
Your social gatherings sure are fun.

>I don't know, because I'm not enough of a piece of shit to browse towergirl threads.

And this is where I'm gonna stop taking this thread seriously. It is clear that none of you faggots even bother to look into the shit you complain about.

Goodnight, gents, have fun with your autism, I guess.

>Stop Liking Things I Don't Like: The Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

>but some CYOAs get a huge amount of discussion
Literally not an argument in CYOA favor.
Any topic can get a lot of discussion. The question is if the topic is appropriate for the board.
>Some get entire games made out of them.
Not nearly often enough to justify them filling up half the catalogue on Veeky Forums

>hurr durr im a fuckin retard too: electric jiggaboo

they really think they need more space for individual 40k marine chapter threads and mtg individual card discussions

Nice trips but he's right - people who unironically browse, post in or defend towergirls are degenerate pieces of shit.

Have a good night user, I hope you sleep well.

Sadly no, I haven't been able to sink my teeth into a thread in a long while.

You're best bet is a quest that is above the #20 mark. At that point, people are likely to stay for the long run.

If you're brave, you could always brave through the archives of the #100+ quests. The adventure might be over before you get there, though.

Go back to /pol/.

>Not nearly often enough to justify them filling up half the catalogue on Veeky Forums
lmao

My IP changes automatically every couple hours. I don't even know what I did to be banned besides excessive Namefagging, and calling people out on their Shit. I never really say anything very different than what anyone else says in any thread, besides say "Look at me, I'm a dumbass, don't pay attention to me or I'll get what I want!" And maybe pull a few clever quips. I'm honestly not the Shitposter here... I'm just the guy who satirizes shitposting and the board community in hopes that people actually pay attention to their own behavior on the board. I've given people a "Them" to not be, so they can be an "Us" and hopefully get along for once.

your arguing against about two dozen threads on Veeky Forums at any given day which are vague fantasy or something about a setting with a tabletop game but not specifically the tabletop game itself
like random lovecraft or asoiaf threads with no mention of games anywhere to be found
literally none of that singles out cyoas the same way quests singled themselves out

You need to roll dices and keep stats, they are basically mini modules with premade characters, unless you somehow can pull of White Plume Mountain module with everyone quiet the experience is far from what you describe

>Not nearly often enough to justify them filling up half the catalogue on Veeky Forums
You're either a shitposter or a newfag. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and call you a shitposting newfag. Only ever three at one time and for the longest time that was only two. Years ago that was four but two of them had systems. KYS, my dude.

>Some get entire games made out of them.
Come back and post them when they do, then.

Wonder how long Veeky Forums bans Warhammer for "taking up to much space in the catalog!"

Then we can ban board games.
And art threads.
And then roleplaying all together.
Then at last the board will truly be what it was really meant to be; /pol/ posters arguing with each other.

The truth is that you all from Tumblr, you hate sex and beauty so you are triggered by waifus.
Admit it.

user you ignored the post that gave you whet you asked for. Hell you could do some research yourself but god forbid that might take some effort.

Thanks for the chuckle user, I appreciate it.

nah they will never ban 40k
because it caters too much to their autism to be turned away
all references to gurps and D&D will go before that does

I actually think all these shitposters screaming for removal of CYOA threads are Warhammer neckbeards.

There's a considerable lack of Warhammer-based CYOAs, after all.

Magical Girl CYOA

>lack of 40k cyoas
theres like 3 that i can think of
i mean theres no large well thought out ones but they exist, even had a kinda generic rogue trader one a week or two ago

no warham fantasy ones that i can think about at all however

>There's a considerable lack of Warhammer-based CYOAs, after all.
There's actually quiet a few bumming around. They just don't get posted all that often as there are literally thousands of CYOA's and there's a lot of burnout from the rest of the board.

In the garbage.

Quests weren't asked to be removed from Veeky Forums just because they took up too much space, they were asked to be removed from Veeky Forums because they took up too much space AND the vast majority of them had nothing to do with Veeky Forums.

One literally came out on Jumpchain today actually. The largest jump is an adaption of a Warhammer thing called Light of Terra.

I flipped through it as best I could for 200 pages of tl;dr.
>fluff
>fluff
>options
>fluff
>waifus
>waifus
>waifus
>like 50 pages of waifus
>fluff
>scenarios
>fluff
Where's the game? How do I decide when I succeed and when I fail? It's a 200 page nothingburger if you leave out something as crucial as that.

>Jumpchain

>the vast majority of them had nothing to do with Veeky Forums.

>Roleplaying has nothing to do with Veeky Forums.

Pointless argument, but still, shut your stupid mouth.

Excluding Jumpchain I can name four and I've only been here a few years.

ITT: People who can't handle other's opinions.

Unless you're paying for the site, you're just wasting your time here.

Roleplay as much as you like. No game is still no game.

Please don't.

We apologize for our autists polluting other generals. We just want to be left alone.

>Jumpchain CYOA
>In a thread about CYOA
Your point?

Roleplaying with a structured system is a game you fucking moron.

>Your point?
Jumpchain is several orders of magnitude more autistic than regular CYOAs, and that's saying something.

A structured system is one that impartially decides whether actions succeed or fail. A QM is not a structured system. Likewise, an imageboard is not a structured system just because you have to make votes.

What are your success and fail positions you assigned yourself? You're the one doing the reading user you got to decide that shit I can't spoon feed it for you.

>People who can't handle other's opinions.

But how dare they have opinions that don't align with mine.

Roleplaying even without a structured system is still a game.

I'll never understand idiots like you. Something with a - master, voting structure, and rules obviously has structure you jelly bellied toad.

Most quests decided choices by vote. Voting is a structured system.

You can't control autists, user.

It's alright.

>success and fail positions you assigned yourself
Then it isn't well a FUCKING GAME now is it? It's just a freeform self-insert fanfiction wankoff. Christ you're fucking thick. Goddamn solitaire is more of a game than that 200-page nothing.

Do you not know how to fucking read? A structured system impartially decides whether a decided-upon action succeeds or fails. Deciding which action to take is not a structured system.

I think that /qst/ should be deleted and quests should be allowed to be posted where their content is most relavent. Anime goes to /a/, quests related to Veeky Forums go to Veeky Forums, lego quest goes to /toy/, that sort of thing.

agreed
and 40k goes to /shit/

Ok, then some quests had both voting options (to decide what course of action to take) and dice rolling (to see if the chosen option succeeded). Those quests had structured systems that impartially decide whether an action succeeded. Therefore, those quests were games and thus Veeky Forums related.

>can't prove he's paying for the site
opinion discarded

>It's just a freeform self-insert fanfiction wankoff.
So you prefer non-freeform self-insert fanfiction wankoffs?

>Deciding which action to take is not a structured system.

Yes it is? Trolls like yourself are the reason why the IQ of the board has plummeted since recent years. Not only are you stuck up your own asshole, you're convincing other retards that you're right.

No, a structured system is just a system that happens to have a structure, such structure can include biases outcomes, as there is nothing intrinsic in a "structure" that is mutually exclusive to that

>paying for Veeky Forums
its like you hate money
the fuck is this reddit gold
just go click banner ads till you find a deal on sextoys like the rest of us

>S
>anime girl
SDA?