Playing a naked character

Advice!

Just created a character for a brand new campaign, and the DM had a suggestion of basically pulling personality quirks out of a hat. Extra RP elements and so on.

One player pulled a crippling fear of the dark, which I don't envy, but my Drow girl pulled 'STRICT nudist, for purely selfish reasons'

What classes are really feasible for a naked character? As I really like the idea of a warlock, and that seems to make sense, blasting peoples shit off from a distance with eldtritch blast with her tits out.

Any input or suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Half-drow
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Warlock fits the most, especially in relation to her nudity being some product or clause of the Contract.

How naked are we talking, though? Boobs and bush, or just topless? The latter seems more realistic for a casual nudity character, though the former has some really fascinating implications depending on your Patron.

We worked out the rules after I pulled it.

Full frontal nude, so boobs and bush (or lack thereof, as I think elves have no body hair) but she can wear jewelry.

No web bra/sarongs, which was my immediate idea.

>Any input or suggestions?

Playing a caster of some kind seems like the best idea since it's not like they'd be wearing armour anyway. Other than social issues your biggest concern is going to be exposure. Are you allowed to wear something like a cloak? Otherwise you're going to need to try and find some magic items to protect you from the cold and adverse weather.

pic somewhat related (naked fanatics)
being naked doesn't equal being defenseless. one could use a fuckhueg shield. or be an assassin character, you could be naked (so your clothes don't make any noise) and painted black/covered in soot or ashes... anythings possible and almost any type of character can have a plausible cause to be nude

Oh, that's easy! Her patron is a being that lives between the stars, and empowers her through the caress of their light upon her bare skin. Jewelry serves to reflect and enrich their light. Boons could be anything from her jewelry storing Starlight as a sort of extra battery to empower her blasts to her connection to the Thing Between is such that she's light as a feather, able to walk over even broken glass without harm and eventually, walk on water.

I once played a female druid who had the belief that "since we are all born nude, being nude is being closer to nature". She did however don very simplistic clothing when in a city to not draw the wrong kind of attention.

She mostly fought as a dire bear when combat ensued so the lack of armor never really mattered

Yeah social issues is going to be the biggest thing. My group is often heavily RP based (Hence why this sort of thing is in the bag I guess)

I like the idea of it being a requirement of her contract though. Like the demon finds some joy in her exposure.

I had a spirit shaman once who did the same thing, full nudity when out adventuring. First story led to my character getting the nickname 'Firebush' from the wizard.

>Like the demon finds some joy in her exposure.
woah, treading on creep territory there... keep it a quirk, not sth sexual.

Maybe whoever she made a pact with is secretly a Humilation Dom. He/she/it's gaze is on the PC and he/she/it gets it's rocks off by giving out humiliating pact clauses to people.

Demons are exploitative by nature, and relish corruption and sin. Frankly, I wouldn't bat an eye if user straight up said the demon wants her naked so he can "use" her whenever it pleases, and the scratches, bites and bruises of these unions are on full display.

If you're playing 5e, you can pick up the Disguise Self invocation so that you can pretend to be wearing clothes in cities. Or at the very least take the Silent Image invocation so you can have mist or shadows or something conceal you.

That's fucked up, but a possibility.

Although personally I'm not into my character being so submissive, or to have such a strong sexual subplot.

How about this:
I think something a little more subtle would work, like she's an extremely elegant, refined Drow woman. She thinks people don't deserve to see her naked. The demon chose that as she/he knows it's a constant thorn in her side and likes to make mortals suffer in petty privately humiliating ways.

>as I think elves have no body hair)
wut

>like the idea of it being a requirement of her contract though.

Remember that the quirk is nudity "for purely selfish reasons." She's a drow. They're an extremely arrogant, and often hedonistic, people. Even one who leaves the Underdark to live on the surface is likely to carry something of those traits with her. The simplest explanation is she's astonishingly vain and sees absolutely no reason why she should have to conceal her beauty. While in the underdark, she might have been powerful enough that no-one dared question this choice, and dealing with the culture clash now that she's on the surface could make for some interesting RP moments.

Elves are smooth from the forehead down. They don't have arm hair, leg hair, facial hair, or pubes.

>Not playing Barbarian

what the fuck are you even doing with your life

Not OP but i like the whole "LOOK AT ME, MORTALS, AND DESPAIR FOR YOU CAN NEVER BE AS BEAUTIFUL AS ME!" part. That feels very drow-y

This is shitty wank bait and you all should be ashamed for biting it.

Solid possibility. I've never played the matriarch style arrogant Drow queen type character before. (She's astonishingly beautiful, so it could totally work)

And i like the idea of her threatening to blast the eyes of out a guy who stares at her crotch for too long.

Wow that sounds like bullshit. Never running that in a setting.

If you do go down this route, remember she isn't doing it to tease or titillate. It's not for the benefit of the people around her, but because it fuels her ego. Detached, haughty arrogance and faint amusement at people's discomfort should be the order of the day, rather than playing her as some giggling sexpot temptress.

how often do female characters bushes come up in your campaigns man?

Yeah, I actually really like that idea.

She'd be offended at the idea of covering her nudity, taking it as a personal slight that anyone would not want her naked.

I don't know but if they ever do for an elf I'm definitely not gonna be all "As you are aware, the elf has no bush".

Fuck Ed Greenwood.

Drow druid on shrooms.

Elves having no bodyhair has been a staple since at least DnD3e (maybe even ADnD, can't remember)

>Fuck Ed Greenwood.
I think i've had to mention my female characters bush like once. She's half Drow, so i went with a well kept white landing strip

Maybe magic tattoos that need air/be exposed to have their powers work?

If your character's genitals aren't mentioned at least five times during a campaign you are doing it wrong

Dragonlance has a subplot about everything bad happened because all the elves were jealous of Tanis Half-Elvens beard.
Or something.

It's been around for ages.

>tfw you will never be able to play a nudist without looking like a fucking dweeb.

I don't even want to do lewd stuff with her. Fighting naked just gets me rock solid

My character was a rogue, and was accused of stealing from a store, the city guard roughed her up, and the DM described them tugging down the front of her trousers to look what was in them.

I just said, "Her bush, is pretty much all that they see"

The guards apologized profusely and let her go.

Stolen goods were in her bra obviously.

>Elves and Dwarves only donĀ“t get along because the elves are secretly hyper-jealous of the dwarves awesome beards and are dicks about it

We don't have an overly lewd campaign, not our style. Heavy RP, Any sex has always been off screen.

Nudity is plenty, but our DM is old shool sword and sorcery kinda guy, so comes with the territory.

Clothing damage is a constant thing, and my last character was a sorcerer who'd blast off the front of charters clothing with his spells more than once.

>not hiding stolen goods in your vagina
We know how many spiders fit in there, but how much gold and magical trinkets could one store in her fun compartment?

you know, it's never come up. Save that for a game after we've all had a few and our female member maybe can't get the night off work

That sounds reasonable, and I'm proud of you user.

Tell that to the massive fucking bush on this elf lady here.

Had a berserker girl once who shaved her bright red bush with the edge of a poison dagger just to keep herself on edge

>Fuck Ed Greenwood.
It's usually Ed Greenwood who fucks YOU.

Also, don't blame Ed, there's not a scrap of nudity in his boring ass books.

I once played a female urchin rogue who ran around topless for a long while. She was malnourished as fuck and had short hair so no one really paid any attention to it. Most thought she was male if she didn't speak

I have a friend who did that at comicon last year. She wore a mask and is so flat no one looked twice.

I had a tomboy friend that used to do this with me back when we were kids (I guess you'd call it tweens now, that 10-12 range.) She was an early bloomer and got some large breasts, but still liked to go around topless with me out of habit.

We never really became anything more than friends, though those were the first pair of tits I ever played with.

>user is handed an oppi loli lewd skinship tomboy childhood friend
>squanders it

It just isn't fair.

I have a question in relation to OP. What would being a nude ninja be like? Would the nudity hurt or help. I was thinking for item he can do that naruto thing where they summon their shit.

>What classes are really feasible for a naked character?

5e barbarian or any of the casters, assuming you have a way to deal with exposure.

A drow walking around on the surface is going to get attention as it is. A NAKED drow even more.

Ninja are primarily spies, so blending in is priority. Being naked will not, in most situations, help you blend in.

Unless you are infiltrating a nudist colony

I squandered nothing! I became acquainted with every bit of those breasts, and at least I got one awkward titfuck with them.

What happened to her, user?

I'm excited to play her now honestly. She's going to be arrogant, severe, cold, and have her bush out all the time.

Cancer. Breast Cancer

You're a bad person. I laughed.

Tbh drow wear very revealing attire either way, it's cultural thing.
They are proud of their bodies and display them as it is display of strength and perfection. The more you hide it, the more you are prone to making impression that you indeed have something to hide - some flaw or imperfection.
Now most drow don't go completely naked, but not for modesty reasons - those are either ornamental (a right attire can underline this perfection more than blatant nakedness) or practical ones (cold wind in your private parts isn't pleasant, not even mentioning armor if you are prepared for combat).

Maybe she's just pushing it to the limit for any reason.

Alternatively for good drow Eilistraee's cultists practice ritual nakedness - usually only during the proper rituals but...

>Elves having no bodyhair has been a staple since at least DnD3e (maybe even ADnD, can't remember)
It was in The Complete Book of Elves for AD&D 2E.

That book is famously trash.

Honestly I've never read a DnD book in my life and I've always imagined elves being completely devoid of body hair. It just plays into the image of them being very sleek and dainty.

A race of evil Dejah Thorises, more or less.

Had a villain in a campaign once that did this. Full frontal nude, but wore elegant metal filigree that didn't hide, but accented all her best bits, coiling around her breasts and framing her crotch and so on.

This is for 5E, right? Have you considered making her a monk?

Think of that: she is so conceited, she doesn't need an armor. Hell, she doesn't need a weapon.She enjoys humiliating the enemy - it makes the victory so much sweeter.

I would particularly recommend Way of the shadow for a supernatural ninja-esque feel, though being able to slap a fool dead with quivering palm is gold too.

I am more familiar with Pathfinder, where there are a lot of ways to do it. In no particular order:

- monk (ideally scaled fist)
- kensai magus
- sword devil ranger
- Oracle w. charisma to AC mystery, ideally ancient lorekeeper if the DM allows (it's an elven archetype, handy for the mage armor)
- any other charisma-based caster (sorcerer, seducer witch, summoner, some psychics, overwhelming soul spiritualist, bard, mesmerist etc).

>Villain
>Not BBEG

Yuck

Nah, they'd just have a super-light downy fuzz.

In my setting Drow produce webbing from their genitals so most of their outfts have it exposed.

She was only a temp baddie, got her skin flayed by the bbeg later on.

>BBEG
Ugh.

Maybe she's just a massive fucking snob, and refuses to wear anything that's not piwafwi, despite it disintegrating in sunlight, and being really rare.

what edition?

5th

Obvi moon druid. Don't need armor when you're a bear

There's just no pleasing some people

What's the setting? If she's not evil just tie it in to Eilistraee somehow.

If you sent me back in time, put a spear in my hand, and told me that I was going into battle against a rival tribe, and could choose to wear a bit of cloth, or nothing, I'd pick nothing every time. There's literally no downside. Naked people are extremely difficult to grab, it's intimidating to see a bunch of dudes with their dicks out charging at you, and it protects you from infection. Arrows are survivable. So are some slashes and shallow stabs, but if a scrap of clothing gets in the wound, there'll be problems.

Honestly, I should run a nude character, in a totally non-sexual way. To justify it, there'd need to be a pretty realistic system for iron age European questan.

You have to play as this guy.

This for me too. OP is set on a magic user, but only nude character I ever played was in Roman Britan, where our final battle was Felt berserker style spear and shield. I wore blue woading and nothing else.

>they have head hair, but no other hair on their bodies.
I'll stay out of your magical realm.

Congratulations, you got sucked into your DM's magical realm.

Uhm, user, half Drow have silver skin/hair...

Not OP but most of us don't have a acute allergic knee-jerk reaction to adult themes. What, are you going to complain that killing your enemy is part fo the magical realm too? Or that your enemy wins if you kill them so only fuzzy snugglehugs allowed?

Silver hair in any drow/half-drow is unusual, and typically a sign of favour from Eilistraee. (The Lolthian types say it's a sign of their addled brains.) Half-drow skin colour is... usually open to interpretation on a campaign-to-campaign basis, IIRC, but I *think* it's FR canon that it usually favours the gloss-black found in the drow parent.

Clothing is really, really, really fucking useful, it's just not very useful as armor.

Keeps the sun off you, keeps you from getting bitten by insects, keeps you warm, protects you from scratchy plants and similar annoying nature things, you can store stuff in pockets, you can tear it up to make rope or improvised bandages or whatever...

What's the difference between white hair and silver hair?

One is white and the other one is silver.

Best nude characters wear clothing then disrobe in front of their enemies to intimidate them.

No, seriously, the two are often interchangeable.

I tried to play a armless monk with a horse-sized dong trained over a lifetime to deal powerful blows with it but everything turned pretty gay

Nope. So wrong.
forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Half-drow

>Google a picture of a grey wolf.
>Then google a picture of a white wolf.
>Compare them side by side.
>???
>now you know

you have some points but it doesn't sound so true desu.
clothing protects you from weather, helps you hide, protects you from minor scratches, insects, reduce the impact of blunt weapons.a kick in the ball is an easy target, but just some normal clothes can reduce the impact and a piece of leather down there can keep you quite safe.
just choose clothes that are not easy to grapple and you will not have big upsides by fighting nude.
no warrior is ever going to be intimidated by you being naked or having a big dick. they don't give a fuck.Sport some big muscles and you might have some intimidation going on, but you don't need total nudity for that.

Pathfinder?

If yes, then the barbarian has an archetype for playing naked that grants armor boners/bonuses.

You're aware that many natives are like this, right?

I've a buddy who's half German half native and it took him 6 years to grow a few scraggly hairs on his chin.

Some of them don't have body hair like everyone else.

I don't see it as that unusual for the gracile fair folk to share this trait.

It's also been in most of the art and or literature for decades.

Silver tends to be a deeper tone of grey whereas white is lacking pigmentation.

They've been that way since way before Greenwood, back in the Age of Gygax.

No it isn't.

Why did you post a monk, then? And why did said monk put exercise balls around her waist with an elastic band?

Not sure if neato beato or 2spooky

Barbarian, all the way.