/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

Non-standard Paint Schemes Edition.
Previous shitposts: >FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw List Builder
Got Squatted, use pen and paper or whatever

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Are power lances in 8ed and are they any better? I always wanted to run 10 Vanguard Vets with Power Lances but they were just not good

#

I was going to ask if you're surprised the durability faction has an extra save against anti-tank on tanks but then I reminded myself we aren't the durability faction anymore and now I'm sad

>Reanimation is more a gimmick than anything reliable unless you max out and buff huge warrior blobs to minmax it
>Characters don't have it -period-

How many traps at your LGS, anons?

I'm just getting back into the game now. Played Orks a while ago, but i'm thinking of picking up Space Marines. I got the old Blackreach box back in the day so I have a few hummies kickin' around. Any suggestions to start/expand my collection?

Speaking of non standard paint schemes, any ideas for pox-walkers?

Duncan recommends priming them white, then doing the skin with either green or flesh shading.

Any other ideas?

Yes, they have exactly the same stats as power mauls. So pretty decent.

Sixth for store traps!

Trap means femboy right?

None. All our sweaty neckbeards are sweaty neckbeards.

Excellent transthread #LOVEISLOVE

Are they still better on the charge then worse? Or literally just power mauls by a different name?

It's close to 95% at this point

No, they are literally just renamed power mauls. Sorry.

>close to 95%

w-what do you mean, user?

How are inquisitors these days?

More like GayMe Chopoffmycock!

Marines need to run what, heavy bolters, plasma, and autocannons?
Tau run Ion blasters and and missiles

Quantum shielding just requires you to not bring fusion and LOW spam against necrons.
With the low toughness and saves, unless someone has loaded dice, D1, D2, and Dd3 with Str6+ will tear it apart

They've never been good user.

Sword or axe are better in most situations

That's fine, still an upgrade

Almost all the regulars have dipped their toes into the world of transsexuality at this point.

Are they hot? What armies do they play?

There's one but I don't think he counts because he was a pudgy dude in cargo pants before and now he's a pudgy dude with tits and an undercut. Still wears the cargo pants.

This.

And plasma is better than melta this edition anyway so it really is a no brainer.

Men, by the looks of it

How powerful do you guys headcanon Spehs Muhreens as being?

It varies so wildly in the fluff, Black Library doesn't seem to give authors any concrete idea of where their power level sits, you've got everything from Astartes captains being able to solo 18ft tall daemons or Tyranid monsters all the way to an entire squad of Chaos marines getting rekt by a few Imperial Guardsmen or dreadnoughts being brought down by overloaded lasgun magazines used as grenades.

Personally I always liked to think of them being very much beyond human limits. I liked the Horus Heresy novels describing humans fighting astartes as experiencing 'post-human dread' which caused even trained soldiers to lock up and/or run away crying.

Not just slightly beyond peak-human potential like say, Captain America, but properly superhuman, since they were created to fight wars humans couldn't ever survive in. My headcanon is that you'd never take an Astartes hand-to-hand, one-on-one, you'd just never be strong enough to block a single blow and even if you were the best human swordsman, you'd never move fast enough to land a blow unless he was distracted, or evade any of his.

Likewise, weapons like plasma might work, but you'd need to get into range and line up a shot on a rapidly moving target without getting headshotted by a bolt round fired with unerring accuracy from 200m away.

My headcanon would be that if Imperial Guard/Renegades encounter Astartes, they either die by the hundreds or gtfo until tanks can engage or the Astartes can be lured into line of sight for heavy weapon teams, and even then, they'd be hard to aim at and resistant to anything except direct hits.

That's how I like them, as unstoppable engines of war, I find them boring protagonists, I like them when you see them from a human perspective and realise just how fucked being a human is in 30k/40k.

It varies, the recent bandwagon jumpers are pretty fucking ropey for the most part but there's some qts. But now if you call someone a waacfag you get arrested for hate speech.

Plasma a shit as far as I can tell, user. 1 damage is garbage, and only wounds superheavies on a 5.

report and hide user, report and hide.

>Iron Cage.jpg

MODS

Commence exterminatus

did you now knew? /tg stands for TransGender

>announces reports and urges others to do so
Read the rules sweetie

>can handle the banter [ ]
>can't handle the banter [X]

Intelligent Players: Chaos

Braindead Players: Imperium and Xenos

> if you call someone a waacfag you get arrested for hate speech.

Where the fuck do you live?

Thank Christ for hide comment/reply

>thinly veiled shitposting
>gets mad when called on it
This is Trumps America faggot, got to a containment board, or better yet a site

Are there any good alternativr models for Necrons? Their lack of variety gets me down sometimes.

Squiggoths this edition:
>210 points w/ kannon
>can carry 12 models
>has 5 strength 7 AP-2 Damage D6 attacks
>on the charge does D3 mortal wounds to each enemy unit within one inch on a 2+
>Howdah rule lets the squiggoth and its passengers fire in the shooting even if in melee, so long as they're not shooting the unit the squiggoth is currently in melee with.
What do you think /40kg/, worth it?

Need to drop 13 points, but where?

Um, sweetie, it's 2017.

Just make them out of sprues bro

I think it breaks down a lot more than that! Tau/Orcs/Nids are braindead, but Eldar of any flavor require a bit more brainpower to play. Necrons are just retard level. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Now (chaos)Space Marines? That's for coma patients, I agree.

The charge only does D3 mortal wounds on a 2, not a 2+.

Uh, no. My equipment is still OEM, no conversions allowed.

Don't reload the page whatever you do

>1 damage
>better than 1d6 damage
>ap -3
>better than ap -4
>rapid fire
>better than assault

Wow, we've got a genius here folks

I always saw their strength being in durability more than anything--and past that, experience.

Sure, they're harder to incapacitate than a normal human. But they still go down eventually.

The key thing is, the average tactical marine has been in a nonstop state of war for half a century or more. They really, REALLY know how to fight. Hand-to-hand, ranged, any sort of specialty you can think of--they can do it. This because even though they go down, THEY DON'T DIE. The strike force finishes the job, gathers up the wounded, and even with extremely gruesome injuries they can be just fine. If they aren't, congrats, you can stick them in a walking tank.

Bongistan probably.

Can they literally not draw a single one of these that don't look like a disgusting Shim?

How bad would be a chaos/traitor imperator?

>a lone jump lord
>noise marine squads without rhinos

What.

Please stop being a fucking retard, its clearly meant to be a 2+

RAW its 2, senpai, there also tyranid creature that hits in melee only on 3s.

Praise the forgeworld.

Part of their strength is their mental fortitude. Fighting constantly for more than a year would break most men, but Space Marines do it for decades.

You get twice the shots at twice the range. Yes, it is better.

Im currently painting robed Alpha Legion models. Alternating rules between heretics that might secretly be loyal to the emperor, and loyalists that might be secretly heretics.

>most men
>looks at picture
i see what you did there

really weak and no option for power armor. psyker option is cheaper i think now but the powers are worse like everyone's. iirc they were 25p base and now they're 55p

acolytes have potential since they're 8 points for 3 wounds and have many options but i'm not sure how to run them

Yeah, and dire avengers aren't meant to be 17 goddamn points a model, but I don't play the game it's meant to be. I play the game it is.

When will GW openly support Pride 2017? It is after all, 2017 and they promised it wouldn't be all cishet wh*te supremacist stuff like they've always done.They've even got the perfect chapter to replace those dull hetero ultramarines

Amen to that

You can stick acolytes in a repressor with plasma pistols and combiplasma! It won't go as fast as a dominion repressor, but it's a lot of firepower.

>Screen Shot 2017... etc.

>2 damage with individual miss chances
>better than 1d6 damage reroll and take highest
Oh yeah sounds really good

You can't shoot out of rhinos anymore, and the jump lord can deepstrike and can more or less keep up with the bikes.

Well it can only carry 10 models. I guess just shove it full of shoota boyz or nobz with kombi guns and just dakka anything that gets close.

Just with the BS skill, there's not enough shots to output enough damage but the melee capabilities of it and it's constant in combat fire support for other groups make it a plus as well.

Non traditional color schemes you say?

Your dudes are gonna get shot off the board without a rhino.

The owners gf is a trans, does it count?

>repressor
never seen anyone have a model for it so it's not relevant. i run a couple of these for plasma pistols since this is the first time pretty much ever to run them on normal models and sergeants

It clearly says 2, not 2+.

Convert an immolator or rhino into one. It's worth it.

i'm puritan these days so no

Yep, it is.

I just saw it.

>5 minutes in Paint later

What do you believe is so hard about converting one? It's just a box on the back...

I'm not sure I like those arrows on her knee.

Damn she got a booty

So, if we're playing with rules as intended, tell me how the Eldar Scorpion is supposed to function. 3 damage listed in the weapon's profile, with a special rule stating "on a wound roll of a 6, this weapon does 2d6 damage instead of d6."

Does that mean the damage value is supposed to be d6 for all the normal hits instead of 3? Does the 3 become 2d6 on the roll of a 6 to wound? Or does the effect not work, because it is a replacement effect and there is no d6 to replace?

Rules as written, the last option is most likely to be accepted at tournaments.

You're the one that's fish on helm retarded.
The rules are quite clear that it's a roll of a 2. Not a 2, 3, 4, 5, or 5. Like how the damocles rhino rolls a die with no consequence.

Anyone recall rumours of a unique Death Guard vindicator tank?

What was that from and what was it about?

But chaos sisters would be fun too! Imagine Slaanesh/Khorn/Tzeentch/Nurgle themed acts of faith!

True, if it has no d6 damage, how are you going to increase it to 2d6?

Sisters of Chaos has a nice ring to it.

it's not about what is hard. i'm more about what's an official model these days

>her

Wouldn't they just have marks, which (when the codex decides to come out) do special abilities on their own?

They still can't shoot from inside it, once they disembark they are just as vulnerable, is it really worth paying 72 points for a turn or two of M12"?

>Imagine Slaanesh/Khorn/Tzeentch/Nurgle themed acts of faith!
>extra move. already covered
>extra "assault phase". already covered
>extra shooting phase. already covered
>recover wounds/models. already covered
are you fucking retarded or what?

I thought they were called Daemonettes.

Just got my first Primaris, would mk3 heads look good on them?

What's the deal with Brits and undersized turrets? Is it an insecurity thing?

>gw supercharged plasma gun 2 damage
>fw supercharged plasma gun 3 damage
>gw supercharged plasma cannon d3 shots range 36
>fw supercharged plasma cannon heavy 2 range 48
Shit negro what are you doing. Who is right? Proof read and playtest my ass.

Well transvestism is a symptom of autism/other brain damage.

Are 1500 point games kill?