>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2UI

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/96mjmqWTPfM
youtube.com/watch?v=PZ_7ipJ6Cx8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump for Saint Duncan (and Slaanesh)

testing testing testing testing

Finally jumped the shark and got my fave models I could never buy because I didn't play 40k at all. Started working on the first one, going for a classic Yellow/Black Bad Moonz scheme and an inverted one for the Morkanaut.

Dudes on horses with exploding lances that ride fast and die faster

So, how would one go about painting bright bones/horns? I want to paint my Khorne Daemon prince (and the rest of the army) have claws and horns that really pop out, kind of like on pic related.
He's primed in black, so I can't just do a wash and call it a day either.

Noob question time
I know better than to prime in 96 degree weather, but what about regular painting? I use the shop and it doesn't have AC so it's 87 degrees in there right now. Can I still paint with that much heat? I'm using citadel paints.

fistbump to fellow ork user. Lookin foward to your gora/morkanaut.
Just curiosity, you used metalic/grey primer or you paiting it on bare plastic?
I'm fixing myself a warboss alongside with objective markers.

Got a bit more work done on Mr. Ahriman. Still need to slap this guy on a base and then paint the rocks around the dead legionnaire. Maybe find a way to make the steel on the staff pop.

Re-posting for new bread. Started on some base coats and washes for all these damn reavers. Then maybe do a little bootleg terrain stuff. Anyone else working on a bunch of stuff at once?

I want to get my gaunts done, but fuck me it's 100 degrees in the shop

Sure, but don't forget using a wet pallette and washing your brush more often, so the paint doesn't dry up in it.

No wet palette here, so I'm losing another day of work. Might go out late tonight when it cools off

I've just finished assembling my entire shotgun veterans squad. The sergant required me to convert his left arm. I love the outcome.

CC?

Which pic is better?

I'm using metallic primer on the limbs and yellow primer on its body. Those markers are sexy as fuck, damn

Need accessories

youtu.be/96mjmqWTPfM

Arms look good, Shoulderpads are big, but work.
The armor over their groin kind of looks like they are compensating for something.
May just be because the white resin stands out more, but I think they might look better without the groin armor.

man /wip/ my Mortifactors keep turning out like poopoo, but Im gonna keep stripping and working on my test models. Wish me luck brothers.

What problems are you encountering?

Krootox rider proxy (thread changed the last time). Opinions?

Im mostly just confused about which parts of the scheme to do first. Like I keep getting caught in a never ending cycle of touch ups going inbetween the bone and the black.

are you the dude that sculpted those markers or did you buy em? I know they're for sale from kromlech now or somewhere, but i remember years ago user posting wips of the sculpting

Moi. Summer's giving me that hobby ADHD

Groin armor is there for army flavor. Their home planet had a bad bug with Genestealer cult ripping off peckers and going for inner thigh stabs from sewers and other hidey holes, so they implemented a siege guard. It however led to aggressive melee maneuvers by killing downed enemies by squatting over their body and bashing their face in with the plate if they happened to lose their weapon or side arm

>2668th, Dicks Out.

Hey Veeky Forums wanna play a game? It's called "guess what I'm building." I'm really excited.

tau terrain?

Well, that much was obvious. I'm building something very specific, a certain type of Tau building as you said, although some of the fine details have been altered for ease of construction.

Can anyone direct me in where to find good metallic purple paint? My Google fu only yielded enamel and some goofy stuff.

Same faction and same boat (or raider). What's the giant for?

Something from soulstorm?

ok specifically then it looks like those parts might make a DOW Tau Research Building, or something like it

its a Ghorgon - had a hair up my butt to create an AoS force and decided on beastmen

Or Dark Crusade rather

Got it. The Tau Path to Enlightenment. It was the first building I seriously worked out in CAD, so I hope the prints come out good. I'm honestly kind of worried, when I submitted them to shapeways, everything was all good, but they said it had to be resized for their printers. Considering those pieces are like 2 inches long max, I'm not sure what they meant. If the pieces aren't the exact measurements, then it's all going to shit.

Nice! My girlfriend decided she wanted to play khorne daemons and I've been pondering wether to get some skaven to play against them with. How is AoS?

Finalized 2/3 nurglings for my death guard summons.
(Three 4 wound blockers for my blightcasters)
Finishing the last one this evening, then hitting them with the matter varnish and basing them.
Post that is the Herald of Nurgle and the entire Dark Imperium box set.

Those look great! I haven't seen anyone hype or working on Nurgle since the release.

I like it - I'm more of a hobbyist than a gamer, so I appreciate the ease of play and straightforward rules. The old world fluff was certainly better, but I like the "your dudes"ness of AoS. Also building a swamp-themed destruction list with troll hag, river trolls, and fimir. Just praying Forgeworld puts out those fucking dirach and meargh sculpts they teased years ago

Send help, also totally unrelated but do I stand a chance of stripping enamel off plastic?

Ok so I'm relatively new to all this; I've painted up Primaris Marines with a Leadbelcher base and then done my 2 thin coats of Runefang Steel, avoiding recesses.

Do I want to be finely detailing all of the recesses with Nuln Oil, or should I (obviously without drowing it) coat the model? They're looking real bright and shiny now, and my theme is knightly Imperial Fists successors, but I'm worried that it'll be too dull if I completely cover it, but also that my shading the recesses, especially the pauldrons will be messy and sloppy

Yeah I can get enamel off plastic with a loooooong soak in simple green (2+ weeks) with multiple scrubs and re-soaks. it tends to get gummy and peel off in clumps so get some tweezers or a pick to help you

People seem to forget that Chaos has some of the best supplement forces.
If I had more heralds of nurgle I'd be rocking a vanguard of them.
I know a some Demon players were not as happy about the changes to them.
But I still think they're great.
Especially when you can summon them into the middle of the battlefield.
My Herald still gets his psyker phase you say? I certainly will heal a unit D3 wounds.
And he's only 4 power points, so the summon is a breeze of putrid air.

started on my test model for my new army.
I wanted a dark grey and i've failed spectacularly so I'm probably going to give up and pick a new scheme. I'd like to keep the red head and shoulder pads though, any suggestions for the main armour colour?

I certainly like "your dudes-ness" thanks for the info! May your paints be thin and your moldlines limited user.

How much a full coating will dull it down depends on how much wash exactly goes on, how much you've thinned it, where on the matter-gloss scale the surface is, etc...

Pretty hard for us to say how dark it'll end up, or how dull is too dull to you. Likewise it's bloody hard to say how good brush control you have.

Excellent, a subsitution for Castor's Super Clean in place of Simple Green alright?

I'd imagine so, though I haven't used it. It's a degreaser right?

Yeah maybe that was a retarded question

Let's rephrase then - is the result usually better from shading carefully in the recesses taking time, or all over and tidying up/highlighting after?

Indeed

Awesome, I'm going to steal it user

Finally trying to get my Orks painted starting with my Dread Mob, just finished my basecoating.

At some point im going to either make a thread or post in one of the generals with some kind of naming game for these 9 maybe not the middle one, he's my favorite and the "boss"

When is it OK to hotglue your models?

>I wanted a dark grey and i've failed spectacularly so I'm probably going to give up
why don't you just try again?
In any case it looks grey to me.
Could be darker but hey.

If you don't like mixing paints to get what you want you could check out Vallejo Model Color.
They have a fairly nice selection of those tones.

If we are talking actual glue I'd say that is totally cool for scenery and the like. For other stuff it's just not exact enough.

If you are talking about the other thing you should feel bad and the answer is never.

Include the term 'WIP' in your next OP so we can find this thread more readily in the catalogue. Fuck you for making me find this manually.

40k question - any thoughts on what color schemes look good on Cadian Guard besides the standard green/khaki?

Dark navy and cream

Take a look at historical uniforms too for inspiration.
/hwg/ has a load of useful pdfs for that purpose.

>a model I was stripping for like a month finally is ready to be reprimed
youtube.com/watch?v=PZ_7ipJ6Cx8

Was this from a phone? Just save the usual WIP OP text into a text file, OP. It doesn't change that often.

>Include the term 'WIP' in your next OP so we can find this thread more readily in the catalogue.

Sorry, user. Would you believe I was out at a model railroad store of all places when the old thread died?

Who is the Bob Ross of mini painting?

Duncan

Anybody have an Ork skin recipe close to pic related? I'm looking for a nice olive green skin tone for my Goffs Ork army

>Who is the Bob Ross of mini painting?

Need you really ask?

I used to do
>catachan green
>camo green
>devlan mud
>final camo green highlight

As a 1:1 color replacements I can recommend
>VGC cayman greem
>VGC camouflage green
>AP Strong Tone wash
because I own these paints and they are a nearly perfect match

You could also take a look at GW's equivalency chart or their paint system diagram where they have a bunch of recipes listed.

>pic related

Aren't CAD programs ridiculously expensive?

This is perfect lad, have a (You) for your troubles

Awww SHIT YES. I always wanted to do a wraithknight conversion for dark eldar. That's a great model for a haemonculus-engineered colossus.

$1500-$2000 for a year's license for most programs

How about you use an ink like Nuln Oil to darken it, hm?

122nd GOAT

Did a quick DG test, few details left to do
Not too sold on the paint chips

Size matters

"What are we doing on the bed ni-San?"

Looks really nice but a bit too clean for DG in my opinion. They should be a bit grimy.

Also,
Rotate THEN CROP to lock the orientation for Veeky Forums.

Looks solid so far!

What on earth have you done to the sword arm? Is that "scraping moldlines"? Because you literally dug deep enough to hit bones! Next time go a bit more gentle.

Lovem! Really dig the eldar conversion.

Recommended wash to use on Wraithknight and Ushbati Bone?

What are your colour choices there, m8?

When will they learn etc etc

I knocked up a quick test model for my chadmarines, thinking of going Red Scorpions.

What do you guys think? And how would you base them?

"And as always, I suggest you to base it as the rest of your army"

PRIMED

Armour is just rakarth flesh with a sepia wash and pallid wych highlight

FUCK

I got over-eager with my Agrax washes and the cunt has gone glossy. I don't want to darken it further so can I fix it with a light coat of matte clear?

wont you seal with dullcote at the end anyways? I wouldnt worry about it

Using CAD to make models is cheating. it lacks the feel and soul of truly scratchbuilt terrain.

Just finished the head swap and fitting of my canoness. I used the statuesque head to headswap almost all my SOB because those manfaces bugged me.
1/2

Im going to let this greenstuff dry for a day before i paint her.
2/2

Heres some examples of the headswaps
SoB 1/2

Heres some characters with headswaps. The oroginal dialogous head was fucking awful, now she has a dikey haircut and robot eyes. The Sgt has shorts hair and now looks like that chick from wreck it ralph.
Characters SOB 2/2

Anyone got some Tau Pathfinders with accessories for some inspiration?

Can't seem to find good placement spots for them.

Have you tried searching a bit on Advanced Tau Tactica? Tau are quite difficult to modify

Yeah, I gave ATT a quick search but didn't find much that helped.

I might just skip on adding the accessories to them.