>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2UI

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mihVmvHHyUQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doing some kitbashing on my Dark Imperium lads to fix some posing I found a tad awkward. I'm pretty happy with 'em so far but I'm not sure if I want to swap out Sgt. #2's combat knife for a frag grenade.
What do y'all think? Anything I should fix/add besides moldlines and some gap filing? These are some really nice models, I gotta say. I was doubtful when they were first revealed but they've really grown on me.

40k question - any thoughts on what color schemes look good on Cadian Guard besides the standard green/khaki?

>Flesh Tearers accepting primaris
Somthing feels odd

Take your pic from pic related.

It feels odd to me too, don't worry. At least we're not going to be squatted by the twin curses now I guess?

Ooh, thanks!

Hows this for a Las-musket?

Just trying out my airbrush, getting a feel for how well it works, and getting my Sakura Tree Dryads painted up. The branchwych on the left was painted by hand, and the tree lord was painted solely with an airbrush.

I plan on finding some kind of highlight for my tree-lord's bark that I can paint by hand. But here's where my work with the airbrush on it ends, as there's nothing more I can do with it.

Forgot the picture.

I just got a whole pile of mimics primed to paint, and was wondering what would look good on them...

>no pic attached
Well I guess we'll wonder too, user.

Anyone got any ideas on some of the paint schemes of the Vectorums of Death Guard besides what Duncan posted? I'm kinda considering either the Weeping Legion or the Putrid Choir which looks like it has a kind of blue tint to its green.

rad

Needs some sort of power pack or other sci-fi bullshit on it.

God damn the Orbital Defense Detail looks nice.

This is my first piece in years

Going to pick up a box of Sanguinary Guard soon and am trying to plan what I want to do for my Sanguinary Ancient. After reading all the shit that went down at Baal with the Tyranids, I thought it would be cool to make the Ancient look like he came from that battle, carrying a banner that is dedicated to it. I wanna write on the banner "Baal Invicta" with a Tyranid Skull hanging over the top. Also playing with the idea of what if the Guard wore a headdress made from a Tyranid like how Velites wore wolf pelts in pic related.

Does this sound good? What are some other ideas?

Been working on some Thousand Sons kitbashes:

I'm saving my Prmaris Marines cause I want to figure out how to make them look Blood Angely, I mean I want them to have their armor somewhat decorated with blood drop gems and wings.

Anyone have some tips for painting camo? I've been doing little dashes on my minis for my blood axes and little blots, but that's it. I've got an airbrush, too. My current paint schemes are orange/black/white, whiteblue/darker blue/ black/white, and cadian camo. Any other suggestions on what to do?

And a Veteran, count as Rubric

a friend of mine wants to paint his eldar to look protoss-y like in pic related. I told him to just follow the custodes painting instructions that Duncan made a while back. Was that good advice?

Struggling to pick a scheme for my kriegers, what shade of grey do I paint them? Brightly colored cost lining?

posing is interesting, not sold on the neck it looks skinny to me. also
>church

Hi Robert the rubric.

How do you do it /wip/
How do you find the motivation to go on when you see a bunch of monotonous work to do
All these orks...

Custodes look absolutely nothing like your pic so I guess not.

I avoid horde armies and listen to audiobooks

Its one of the things I do with my father on the weekend. He builds goofy anime models and I build dumb little plastic men.

Space it out. I've generally got a detail laden hero or commission I'm working on so i switch between that and the green tide. and don't over do it, batch painting will slowly kill your soul

My dudes, if it helps

Thinking about doing these guys in a dark blue/blue gray with creme markings, being spess Austrians, and possibly dropping to just a single shoulderpad. However should i do the helmet in the same color pattern, as the creme color, or as a metal color? I was thinking of doing them in the creme color while showing metal flek here and there

I dig em. I think the flak/carapace and helmets will be black no matter what, but I do light the light grey and the green on their uniform.

if you squint your eyes reaaaally hard

hrud infestation....fuck that.

The Stalking Tigers look dope, but it looks tough to pull off.

>Vectorums
The what?

Here's the primarine colour scheme I'm working on. Inspired by Reasonable Marines.

I like it.

I think it's just a fancy word for Death Guard warband.

Damn, is it just me or do Primaris marines look way better with muted and neutral colour schemes? As opposed to the bright manlets.

Neat, I like the muted yellow.

Oh ok.

Figured I'd take a shot in the dark on this. I feel like I've seen this head bit before but for the life of me can't remember where. I tried looking at some pictures of older SoB models but couldn't seem to see it. Is it from some newer kit/somewhere else or am I just blind?

Looks like the body is from the female inquisitor, the head is one of the Sallet helmed sisters, think the one with the storm bolter.

That specific helmet is actually from Grishnak model's line of not!Sisters. A similar head comes in the official Immolator kit though.

>A similar head comes in the official Immolator kit though.
pic related

Oh wow thanks. I haven't been paying much attention to other mini producers lately. Those Grishnak models look great.

>Those Grishnak models look great.
I've heard they're really nice too. Only problem is getting them. You have to contact the guy via email and he ain't to fast on the reply.

Still some cleanup left to do but here's a poor picture of my Raven Guard Hellblasters.

the neck they include is tooooo tiny. I tried wire around the main part of a pen and it was too thick. this fit perfectly though.

what about the church? I needed something for him to be leaping off of.

They look cool!!

Converting up some blood knights out of chaos knights, done painting the horses, just gotta greenstuff cloaks and fur collars on all of them.... any suggestions on cool knight helmets?? cause if not I want to get some spite revenant heads and use them as creepy unhelmeted vampires...

Heya wip.

I hope everyone is ready, I am starting work on my new aos deathbringer using kharne the betrayer as base.

Left is the spare bits I'm going to use bits from, middle is kharne, and left is a sample of what my army will look like.

I hope everyone is strapped in, this is gonna be a bumpy ride.

Mother of god...

>INB4 40k guys come in and screech bout kharne being in AoS

Right, after cutting some wiring and other 40k things off I have all the basic pieces to finish him off.

However I don't know how I exactly want him. To his right is different weapons to replace the chain axe, to the right things to replace the plasma pistol and on top to replace the backpack.

I left 10 resin Death Korps in Simple Green for way too long and they're all bendy now. Are they fucked or will they harden up in a few days?

I agree with the other user, it needs a charge pack or something. Maybe have some wires running from the gun to his belt and convert a charge pack there?

don't worry about it its a meme about churches on knight bases

Painting up Squad #1 of my Primaris Marines (posted them in grey a couple threads ago). Removed them from elevated bases because consistency (and my autism) be damned, they looked too tall with the extensions.

Waiting on a bottle of Biel-Tan Green shade to get delivered to finish it off before I do details and the last load of highlights and then they'll be done. Liking my new recipe for green though.

Thoughts? Should I just paint them now and wait for the greenshade to arrive and get some other squads up to this stage or do my details now and just apply the shade carefully when it arrives? Torn at the moment with it really.

oh dam son, they look fucking fantastic

It's nice to see some people actually do some conversion work on the new primarines for a change.

>Dark Angels
>Not so paranoid that they won't accept primaris or even accept to turn into one

And he is done!

Age of sigmar aspiring/exalted deathbringer. What do people think?

Gonna post the back too.

Right? Nothing hard about getting hold of some cheap brass on eBay for £6 and raiding the bits box. I feel bad for people not using one of the main five chapters though. You'd need insane freehand skills to get them looking the part. Still, nothing a quick headswap can't improve (because I'm suck of this Mark IV wankery).

>not using primaris marines as the truescale lore-accurate tactical marines we deserve

Terrible taste detected.

Start small. Just do like 2-3 orks every other day after work. They will com along faster than you think, and you will get faster and faster at it

>true scale DA
If that's the case, then perfect, sorry for assuming otherwise, bro.

>INB4 40k guys come in and screech bout kharne being in AoS

I think he'd take any job that'd come his way. I think I saw him on TV schilling insurance last week.

Looks good user, nice job. Deathwing/10

>blurry as fuck
>not centered photo
>not cropped
>1.31 MB for all that
>all that shit on the ground and on the bed

1/10, you tried

Made a fully articulated Wraithlord. Copper wire inserts for the shoulder guns, ankles, neck and wrists, which also allows the hands to be swapped out. Ball and cap joints for the upper torso and shoulders. Swivel ball joints from a Megabloks figure for the elbows and hips and custom made double hinged knees inserted into hollowed out partitions of the legs which were carefully pinned.

I post my minis to Facebook and Tumblr and people stroke my ego about it. Not the most Veeky Forums-approved method but the validation massively encourages me to paint more and better. My friends in real life always ask me about what I'm working on, and want to see the newest stuff. Gets me off my ass and painting.

Good points... Try number 2!

Okay, here's my first Ahriman. I still got two Ahrimen on sprue. What can I improve on for the next one?

Looks better. But it will probably a pain in the ass to paint.

The metals could use some fine highlights, I guess. And maybe do a wash over the gold (Although, that might just be my screen and the fact that you combined four pictures, so seeing all the details is a bit hard.)

Did I ruin my skinks by trying to be cool and put pink on the scales?

I think they'd look even better with a stronger pink edge highlight on the scales

weapon is slightly bent

around the edges, if you really want to get spicy try making the pink blend into the purple

But that'd take a lot of work

Cool man thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot

... Isn't that a chain weapon user? Just saying...

Only looks like it in the picture,

Its a deamon weapon from the skullreapers kit

yeah, but so are you user

Didn't early WHF/40k have some fluff explanation about how traveling through the warp could sometimes end up with weapons or armour switching dimensions, leading to Chaos Warriors with Plasma Pistols, Skinks with Lasguns and the like?
And personally, I like the guys idea. Imagine Khorne sitting atop of his throne, thinking about how he could murder everything in AoS, when he suddenly has the brilliant idea of sending over that chainaxe guy who's really, REALLY good at killing people. *POP*, Kharn travels through the dimensions, angry as fuck, and Khorne mortal followers start gathering around him, viewing him as a worthy leader (Also, not much your average regular axe can do against power-armour and a chainaxe)

>122nd Cadian
>battle for vogen

nice little reference to the old City fight book, nice

New fluff too

Huh, neat.

That looks really great user! I'm painting my primaris marines in blood angels colors.

So here's the first wip. Kindof like this but better?

exactly, maybe thinner lines with multiple layers to really make the pink pop. I like vibrant colors on Lizards though so ultimately up to you

You know, scales can easily drybrushed too. Saves you some time and might even give them a more natural look.
youtube.com/watch?v=mihVmvHHyUQ

So one of the things that kills me is the thin paint going into the creases of the scales. is there something to correct this?

also why use thin multiple layers on an edge highlight? wouldnt a strong line help the color and vibrancy?

Does anybody have a simple recipe for good white cloaks? Nice clean white rather than Dark Angels style cream. I'm painting my first Sisters and it's the one part I'm struggling with.

I tried drybrushing the pink onto purple, but it didn't really seem to take well. Appeared chalky and couldn't really tell it was there. maybe needed to go in a little more heavy?

Don't do a pure white. Light grey with white highlights works much better.

If you're using GW paint then base Celestra Grey and layer Ulthuan Grey, Then depending on your surface you can either target or widely wash (I'd use a 1:1 ratio of wash to medium because you're washing such light colours), touch up non-recess areas with Ulthuan Grey, and then highlight with White Scar.

Nice, can't wait to see it painted.

That's pretty much what I've been doing but without a wash in the middle, so I have those paints. I'll give that a go, thanks.

How am I doing