Was he the founder of the carcharadons?

Justice and punishment, just like the sharks

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sons_of_Antaeus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hope not. The whole "every Traitor Legion needs a Loyalist successor" thing is trite.

Carcharodons are confirmed RG successors with some loyalist NL absorbed into their ranks.

Other than the blood magpies, are there any examples of this?

>Sliver skulls = Iron warriors
>Minotaur = World Eaters
>Sons of Ataenaus= Death Guard

Can't recall any being hinted at as being EC or WB same goes for Horus genestock.

I think I'd be okay with there being one for each of the 'chaos divided' Legions - you know, DG, WE, TS, and EC.
All of them ending up with one is a bit trite, yeah, but that kind of drift is inevitable - just ask the Dark Angels how they feel about every Legion having traitors in it now.

>Sons of Ataenaus= Death Guard
Are some sources regarding that ? I've only found wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sons_of_Antaeus , which is quite lacking.

Sons of Antaeus aren't Death Guard, they're just 21st Cursed Founding. Being a bit tougher than normal isn't very odd compared to the fuckers being LITERALLY ON FIRE.

Minotaurs are actually supposed to be chimaeric with a mixture of Iron Warriors and Imperial Fists, while Silver Skulls MAY be the descendents of Barbaras Dantioch and his boys. Red Scorpions MIGHT be based off of a Emperor's Children gene-seed. There's one that may be an Emperor's Children Chapter that hid out with Loyalists but I can't remember.

Death Eagles, its the name of an EC loyalist millenial and a second founding Raven Guard chapter, coincidence? You decide!.

>Carcharadons
>justice

Nothing justifiable in killing civilians to draw your enemy out, turncoat space marines I should say, to come to their defence to stop the butchery.

This. Even if it was traitor legion gene seed, they wouldn't be remotely similar to their source of genes seed. It's boring as fuck too, now every legion has a bunch of loyalists. Loyalist word bearer chaplain, loyalist thousand sons (non blood Ravens), loyalist iron warriors, loyalist everything now.

>loyalist word bearers
Bullshit. They were purging loyalists from their ranks long before the Heresy.

I was fairly certain that the inquisition had some questions about their progenitor and the sons had no answer. This led a lot to assume the death guard connection which eh I still like it even if you make a good point.

Also you'd think people would be more upset with the fire lords and their particular brand of mutilation.

No they are raven guard "successors". before Corax was found his legion were oppressors and tyrants. He gathered the worst of them and fucked them off to the galactic south.

Space sharks use very similar methods to the contingent of raven guard corax sent away. the rest is just 10,000 years of operating mostly alone and developing a different culture.

That's right. Thank you.

To be fair, it could go either way. The Imperium did and I believe does still hold stores of traitor gene-seed, so I would not be surprised to see it being used in the 21st founding. However, most other Chapters from it don't really have clear progenitors.

Opinion on the traitor legion gene-seed varies wildly. Some Imperial heads view it worse than the fucking devil. Others think it might be a useful tool.
See Roboute and Cawl.

None of those have any proof behind them. Especially the Minotaurs and SOA.

Red Scorpions
>Geneseed purer than that of Smurfs and DA, like pre-Heresy EC
>Unwilling to share their geneseed with Mechanicum
>Says they answer directly to the Emperor
>fanatical about getting all geneseed extracted, to the point of Apothecaries being in Tactical Squads

If anything the Minotaurs are Iron Warrior descendants.

What the fuck are you basing that off you absolute retard. There's nothing to indicate what chapter the Minotaurs come from other than hints that their geneseed is chimeric. Headcanon 1d4dditors can leave.

The Carcharadons are the exiled Terran Raven Guard who were banished to a dark void crusade during the Great Crusade.

Their leader was the previous master of the Legion before Corax took over and overwrote the Legion's culture.

When Corax returned from Istvaan 5 and put out the APB for the Legion to return home, the guy basically said fuck Corax I hope he chokes on a bag of dicks and proceeded to turn his Terran remnant into Blackshields.

At some point, they must have felt bad about the Emperor being interred in a chair for now and all time so they came in for the Second Founding and have since partied for 10k years. Also they believe the Emperor is divine - which is totally PC with m42 Guilliman now since hes coming around to the same conclusion.

Nevermind the unfounded suggestion, the mere idea that a successor of Iron Warriors is absolutely horrible at a successful siege and can only find any success when deploying in full strength is absolute silliness.

The Minotaurs have launched plenty of successful sieges and have never lost a fight against rogue marines even when attacking multiple chapters at once.

Meanwhile the Iron Warriors get BTFO by a punch of mortals at Tallarn despite the fact they had their Primarch.

I like it and the reverse, I think everyone being unanimous in their decisions is a little dumb

Most is just gossip but they asked and really even blood raven is gossip never will be confirmed.

They've launched plenty of successful sieges but when facing even odds, their ranks get absolutely decimated. The point is they couldn't possibly be Iron Warriors successors, since Iron Warriors were characteristically known for heavy siege ordinance. (They're also known for jobbing hard, which the Minotaurs haven't done to date.)

Like the others anons said, the Space Sharks are Raven Guard. The other thing is that there are rumors that Sevatar would become a Grey Knight instead of dying in the Siege of Terra like most Night Lords believe.

It's nothing like them you stupid faggot how do you morons keep perpetuating this bullshit

>Can't recall any being hinted at as being EC
The Red Scorpions are incredibly pure, have an oversized apothacarion, are obsessed with being the best, and won't let anyone look at their geneseed. And they have lots of old equipment

On the other hand they're also perhaps FW's
most special snowflake chapter, again, pic related, so that could just be them being special

Probably this

>Absorbing NL
Proof?
I like carcharadons, RG always seemd like pussy legion, and carcharadons are so awesome

>Nothing justifiable in killing civilians
And that's why 40k is fucked

Actually word bearers are the only legion confirmed to be 100% traitor.

Pre-Corax RG were as bad as the NL. Only difference is that Corax put a stop to it and Kurze encouraged it.

The Sons of Antaeus, in Index Astartes, were directly compared to the Death Guard legion of old in their toughness. Hint hint.

...You do realize it's heavily implied in the original fluff that the 21st founding involved traitor gene-seed, right? The original, now ded, Minotaurs were almost certainly World Eaters.

>HURR THE RED SCORPIONS ARE EMPEROR'S CHILDREN IN MY MIND

>NEVER MIND THE DEATH EAGLES WHO ACTUALLY HAVE SOME FLUFF BACKING FOR BEING EC

They weren't oppressors. They were made up of the Ash Nomads from Terra and thus were particularly brutal and blood thirsty in their methods of attaining victory, even after obtaining parts of Corvus' qualities from his Gene seed. For Corax, who is one of the most humanitarian Primarchs with one of the most humanitarian Legions, they were very unsavory to him.