Presenting, the best Character Alignment Chart

It doesn't limit Characters to a specific style of play, is descriptive enough yet naming is simple, and best of all, it just solidifies the fact that Golgari is top-tier.

>Parasatism.
Well done.

It's still a bit limiting within color interactions, but I generally think its a pretty cool setup.

>red is the only one with all its words written as if the outside of the circle is the bottom
For what reason

How does this morality chart work, anyway?

golgari is indeed top tier but izzet is clearly the best color combo

Pick your favorite color combos and get magic spells.

There is no proscriptions/code.

OP's mind is probably blown because even though DnD alignment and MtG color pie theory work pretty much the same way MtG's philosophy are described in terms of motivations while DnD's alignment philosophy is described in terms of ethics.

Maro has claimed he's Izzet on multiple occasions

Therefore, Izzet a shit

RADICAL FREEDOM

>Impulse
>Chaos
It's 100% in flavor

>Parasitism is next to Technology
What did they mean by this?
Also, people are still going to meme it up, which is the main problem with the alignments in the first place.
>White is going to replace Lawful Stupid, Stupid Good, and Smiteadins
>Black is going to replace edgelords, muh necromancy, and Stupid Evil
>Blue is going to replace keikaku wanabees, Neutral Stupid, and wizards no sense of right and wrong
>Red is obviously going to replace randumbness, Chaotic Stupid, and dickass rogues
>Green is going to replace 'It's what my character would do', dips into Stupid Good and Neutral Stupid, and 'I'm a druid, so it's okay'.

>le hating maro meme

ebin

Swap amoral wizards and dickass thieves, then we'll have a deal

I thought about comparing the guilds of Ravnica to the political spectrum. I'd make a thread about it but I hate bringing /pol shit up.

I had considered it, but wizards seemed more Blue than Red. Sure.

I just realised the bioengineer looks like all three combined.

>golgari

disdainforplebs.png

Boros is best

boros is objectively the worst combo in magic. simic is the best

I historically played Azorius because I love flying, enchantments and winning in the long run.
Now I have zero w/u decks and pretty much every other kind of guild in some format

>literally Babby's First Deck
>best
LaughingPlaneswalkerWhores.jpg

I don't play any more, I just like the fluff

Specifically to trigger Blue and White who enjoy Logic and Order

>generic HURR MUH JUSTICE
>best
LaughingPlaneswalkerWhores.jpg intensifies

Simic has a hard time getting rid of problem creatures. Almost complete lack of removal always deterred me from it.

>generic hurr muh edge

mkay

Agreed, actually... depends on if your group can into mtg.

Because the article where this dial first shows up(unable to look up for context, but I have read it) has the wheel with red directly downward. The turn was made by MaRo as a representation of the 'Ambition' level, or something like that, of each color

Purple when?

I understand how they both fit Blue's aesthetic, but I'm frustrated by the idea that technological obsession and inevitable progress is linked with inaction.

There has to be a way to facilitate the futuro-fascist aesthetic of technological advancement with red's youthful energy and impulsiveness.

The blue mind has an element of contemplation and zen, an interest in mechanical workings yes, but not towards an end, at least not an end outside of the individual's will (although this is something that ironically leads more into black than white).

This post became a bit of a ramble, but it always does when I think about MtGs color morality, and I think that's a mark against it more than for it, especially if you want to know where your players stand.

Inaction mostly due to how blue loves artifacts.

So Izzet but less insane.

It's because ever since Ravinca MTG's five colors have been broken down into nonfunctional pieces. On their own they suck, because now they're all designed to be paired with something else.

>chaos
>not in black, the colour of evil

fucktard, everyone knows that chaos is an evil concept.

fucktard, everyone knows evil is an inferior alignment. That's the fucking point of using the color wheel.

Black isn't the color of evil. I mean, black is the color of capitalism. What are you, a commie?

Here it is folks, the stupidest post on the entire internet. We can all go home, a loser has been found.

I mean... I could babble incoherently about how GURPS sucks, except I'm using the reasons Pathfinder is bad.

It's shit, just in a different flavor to the norm.

>not being an ally of justice
What's it feel like, being an enemy of all mankind?

It doesn't describe morality, but general personality traits

RUG best tricolor
Perfect balance between freedom, reason and community

Green hates both parasitism and technology, duh.

Alignment charts are worthless.

It's actually relatively simple, and easy to see in practice if you associate with many researchers. It's the problem of optimization.

Blue is the color of perfectionism, not of good-enough-ism. It tends towards inaction not because it lacks motivation, but because it lacks certainty that this is ACTUALLY the best option. There are always alternatives that it hasn't looked into yet, and maybe those alternatives are better and also worth delaying a bit longer. It just doesn't KNOW.

Compare to red, which is the color of doing what feels right, and black, which is the color of satisficing.

Most importantly, however, remember that colors are not absolutes, but gradients. A predominantly blue character will not contain every aspect of blue at full bore, nor will they necessarily completely lack aspects of other colors. People are complicated.

I prefer the grading version that Veeky Forums put together a while ago.

For each item, you list +1 (this is important or a major part of the character), 0 (the character has no strong feelings on the matter), or -1 (the character opposes this or feels threatened by it). Then you sum the entries for each color and see what your highest value(s) is/are.

Any further material on this color set?

Your picture is tiny and can't be read without doing acrobatics. 0/10.

D&D alignment was perfectly fine and functional back when it just indicated your allegiance rather than your personality or ethics.

Good-evil axis was a mistake.

Brown should be grey instead.
Brown is a stupid color.

Only one alignment chart is needed: 'Ard, Kunning, Orky, Squishy, Git

I refuse to accept this color wheel unless someone can form ten guilds out of it that make sense.

Let's do this Veeky Forums
>Brown/Pink
>Guild of hopeful, traveling salesmen style inventors.
>They make things to make the world a better place, specializing in unobtrusive works that make things better, like civic planning or improved building materials.
>They're populated by humans, kithkin, dwarves, ogres, and ruled over by sphinxes.
>Their motto is "Better, for Everyone."
>They use heavy +1/+1 counters, and focus on gradual escalation of existing effects.
>They're really bad at straight removal, preferring pacifism style lockdowns when they can't take out something effectively with their beefed up creatures/artifacts.

>Purple/Yellow
New wave artists with a capitalistic slant, think Andy Worhol as a villain
Love big fancy parties where they show off their newest pieces that are all just thinly veiled shows of money and power
Make art out of money
Make art out of people
Make people into money and then make art out of that as a symbol of consumerism

I'll keep rattling these off unless someone else wants to join in.
>Brown/Yellow
>Guild of patents and merchants.
>They're out to make a profit, but in doing so they keep the entire economic and civic system of the plane running. They make the trade laws, they run the banks, they make sure that it all keeps happening.
>LOADSAMONEY
>They dress like they're rich, because they are. They also kit themselves out with the newest, fanciest artifacts they can buy.
>They've got goblins, Vedalken, Ghosts, and probably some Angels or something via contracts.
>They're all about those rules. Cards that set down parameters to how things go, that favor them. Enchantment heavy I think.
>However, they're really shit at quick action. They need setup to really get the most out of their deck.

Awesome! I picture a lot of them wearing Warhol styled wigs, striking the divide between classical fop and pretentious arteest.
What creatures do you think they have?

>Orange/Pink
>"The world sucks, so let's do something about that."
>Generally tries to make things better, but tends to run into problems with people disrupting their operations.
>Takes care of the things nobody wants to be bothered taking care of, because somebody needs to
>Tends to be looked down upon as being weak because of this, but likely loved by the poor and unfortunate
>mechanics might be something like cheap entire-board effecting stuff while having a go-wide strategy - yeah, you're helping the opponent, but you're helping yourself more

>Purple/Orange
>"Creative Solutions to Uncommon Problems"
>Disaster relief, but in the sense that their usual modus operandi is to use magic spores to overgrow the collapsing building into dust, or elementalists to channel the flood into a natural breakwater, creating a nice lake where your house used to be.
>They also focus ideas on "Improving" the world they see around them, specifically in making their environment work for them.
>They pull solutions for problems literally out of thin air.
>When they fix things, they fix them in a manner that is either beyond your wildest dreams or nothing like you expected.
>Effects wise, and this is just me being hopeful, they bring back Fortify as a keyword. Land manipulation, awaken effects, maybe some Sweep stuff.
>Also I wanna say they have giants in their group, because I can see giants not giving a shit about houses while they clean up the a flood.

Brown/purple is pretty much silicon valley