Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Chaotic supremacy edition.
>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw List Builder
Got Squatted, if you've been living under a rock.

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

In 8th, can ANY unit regardless of unit type or battlefield role seize objectives now?

In 8th is it better to play the Soul Grinder as a melee or artillery unit?

Third for Lelith Hesperax is now a druggie.

I play Bolt Action (U.S.S.R.) but that community is rather small so I'd like to branch out into 40k which is by far the most popular war game where I live.

Any advice on choosing an army? On Aesthetics alone I like the look of Necrons and Tau but I know little of game play and nothing of lore.

Go watch watch some videos on YouTube of people playing 8th edition if you want a feel. I'll get crucified for this but miniwargaming is a good place to start.

Go look up the lore on whatever army you think looks cool via Warhammer 40k wiki or the Lexicanum wiki.

Reserach various factions on Lexicanum or 40k Wikia until you find something you like. Choose your army based on how you like their flavor and playstyle, not for their tabletop power level.

gave battlescribe a whirl and whipped up a basic 500pt list

They catch a lot of flack but I think miniwargaming and tabletop tactics honestly have the best quality content.

Kay thanks. I've noticed in past generals people seem to absolutely hate Tau for some reason. Is this something that exists IRL, do people not like playing against Tau?

Both of those factions are fun, but I think Necrons are MORE fun because I play them.

Some people are just butthurt by the existence of Tau, others are traumatized by people playing tau who are complete assholes.
So unless you intend to be hypercompetive and an ass, you should be fine. Unless you run into said hypercompetitive asses.

Just looked this up for ya and it says the player with the most models within 3 inches is the one that holds the objective. Since it doesn't mention unit type I'll say ya any unit can hold it but it will be hard for the fast skimmer to fly in last second if you have at least 2 guys left alive.

>plays as communists
>wants to play communists or communists in 40k
hmmm

It seems to be a combination of reasons.
Some people think they don't really match the setting (they're significantly less grimdark than the others etc) and have a lot of plot armour thus far.
Then in 7th edition they were a strong army with very few bad units (even thwir weaker ones would have been good in a lot of other armies) and had some things that could make them even more absurd like the Riptide Wing formation.

Hopefully we'll see them toned down in the fluff, and it looks like they're not as strong in 8e, so the hatred should fade over time.

stealthsuits are good, but you want them in 2 squads of three.
Pathfinders cannot fire markerlights and pulse carbines at the same time so the pulse drone is wasted
also not having a battlesuit or vehicle as hq is asking for your opponent to get slay the warlord as they're squishy as fuck.
Oh and every single weapon in your army is S5 Ap0 D1 or Ap-1 which means that anything with a 2+ save will roll over you and you'll have a hard time dealing with vehicles/flyers

Any other Harlequin players here? What are you clowns running?

Ok so I understand that Space Marines Scouts are the shit for filler and cockblocking deep strikes. Should they all go bolters to save points?

Are Rhino and/or Razorback worth it after pts increase or on-foot a better option in 8th?

It is a 500 pt list attempting to be fair though.
Fliers and copious 2+ saves at that point level seems like it would be versing an asshole.

Yes. They're pretty much useless.

>Bikes are bikes, and don't need no truck.
>Assault Marines can fly.
>Scouts can scout.
>Devastators might need em, but they're better off sitting in back with cannons and scoping niggas.
>Intercessors and Hellblasters are too tall to ride.
>Termies can time travel in.

>tactical marines are shit and aren't good at anything

still, at 500 points you want more than just S5 Ap0 Dd1 spam with 12 shots at Ap-1. At 500 points a broadside would not be out of place and with T6 and 2+ save you're wounding on 5+ and reducing its save to 3+ while it slap around 8 S7 Ap-2 shots that eat your infantry. Also terminators are not out of place at 500 points. With vanguard detachments SM, CSM and DW can shit out nothing but 2+ saves.
Even without list tailoring it could be beaten by generic 500 point lists from other armies. Your list just doesn't have enough variety aside from a gunline T3 4+/5+ and the stealthsuits T4 3+ jumping around

Thoughts on my list?

How did you make that list? I thought the listbuilder got canned.

Thanks
Hm, might need to swap detachments types then.

Tactical blobs are the only realistic means of holding and challenging objectives vs hordes, and you need something to get a tac blob up the field. And since drop pod costs are stupid high, it might as well be a rhino.

Or you could buy scouts and just have them start in the objective and not fuck around with metal boxes.

Give them camo cloaks and they have a 2+ in cover.

Is there a more useless unit in 8th edition?

My answer is no.

Two bolters and a heavy bolter that are T5 and W4 with a 3+ save is useless?

Melta pistols in Starweavers. Drive-by clowns are more than capable of popping Land Raiders, and even if the enemy takes down the transport you're virtually guaranteed to wipe them out in melee. Six of these at 2000 points is the favored list so far, though hordes are a problem.

Why is it so fucking ugly?

It is when you can't even use the heavy bolter at full BS since a bike is going to be moving constantly.

Better to just buy regular bikes and spend the extra points elsewhere.

You still hit on a 4+ and you don't even necessarily need to move to hit something with a 36" gun

play imperial guard. You already have models for it.

List to me what chapters/clans/whatever that goes to the extreme with one thing.

This thing is such a fucking relic.

The whole point of a bike squad is to be quickly moving from place to place on the board. Parking it is kinda dumb.

No Master of Ordnance in that list
O N E J O B
N
E
J
O
B

In the Grim Dark future, There is no parking.

Only crashing

I haven't been following lately

Where did my Admech boys land in 8th Ed?

Got nerfed but they're still pretty good.

Read the rules my lad. Short answer is pretty good.

I think you might benefit from an order-giving character.

Still, they're only 55 points with heavy bolter. That's pretty cheap for what is basically two marines with two wounds each with a twin bolter and heavy bolter that can move 14'' that can easily prevent something from shooting by charging it. But a single one with multi melta that hunts vehicles is no longer useful no.

IMO aesthetics are the most important part of enjoying this hobby, you're gonna spend a great deal of time looking at your models, pick what looks cool

Ork player here. Upon news of the 8th edition leaks many ork players were energized as if by Ghazzy himself, but now as the game is a month old and I find myself struggling, I wonder if someone here could help me, this is what I have (i've lost alot of shit over the years since I stopped playing (beginning of 6th)):

-30 shoota boys
-2 big shootas
-16 slugga boys
-15 tankbustas
-5 burnas
-2 meks/spanner boys
-1 big mek(armed with kustom megablasta)
-2painboys (with grot orderlys)
-5 nobs
-12 lootas
-1 warboss
-3 battlewagons
-1 dakka jet
-3 bikers

what do?

Neutron lasers actually do what they are supposed to do now, and your two different armies are actually now just one, like they should have been.

Anybody tried the new Cities of Death mission in the BRB? Looks fun, thinking about trying it out with a bunch of GSC troops and maybe some trucks or chimaeras.

Put all dem boys inna game n fight wid em

How's Deathwatch in 8E?

According to batreps, they blow up elite-dependent armies but its horde edition so have to wait and see if someone posts a batrep with DW vs 200 Cadians.

>conshits
But they've already lost every batrep on the internet

Played a 2000pt game of Sisters vs Deldar at a new store, and I kind of shit all over him. Cool dude, though. I managed to run him off of objectives pretty well, and had a brutal T1 thanks to Celestine and Seraphim double moving and getting into combat. I ran zero exorcists, though I tired to fit then into a Brigade.

You have too many wagons, ya Git!

Getcha some of them right quick stormboyz and have em run up da middle! That'll learn em!

A master of ordnance seems needed
Like really bad

>set up a picture with his own models to make it look like someone would ever play against the retarded fetish army
I like how you are clearly at the last table in the back corner too so that nobody sees you doing it

What is that a board for ants? Isn't 2000 pts supposed to be a 6x4?

82pts for Twin-HB Razorback
100pts for Twin-AC Razorback

Viable anti-horde platform? Because my other units are almost all lascannon equipped.

Stop posting.

SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!

What was his list like?

You never get disappointed with yourself that you have nothing better to do with your life than try and force something into becoming a meme ?

Prove me wrong (you can't)

Definitely. Though you'll need to keep units from charging your razorbacks.

A lot of open field kill zones in the middle so I'm not really surprised. And DE player isn't exactly spamming bikes.

Do predator tanks have a place in the meta? Theres only so much you can fit into a 2k-2.5k point list against a horde, and why would you bring a predator when you can bring a land raider.

Pic related is his side. He ran a Brigade, which in retrospect wasn't legal because I think the Razorwing was filling a FA slot. Four blaster Venoms, wyches, and Wracks with 2 Archons and a Haemmy, then 2 Talos and a Ravager, 2 units of lance bikes, a Lamean, Mandrakes, and a Beastmaster with some kymera.

Also, I just realized that the focus on this pic is fucked. Sorry.

It is a 6x4?

The big ruin was actually the middle of the board. I also had 2 units of Dominions with the Seraphim in his ass on T1 regardless.

Our Dangles player has been wreaking havoc with a pair of preds with the stock autocannon and lascannon sponsons.

They can bring four lascannons attached to a very durable chassis for decent points. Around here they're seeing use as backline fire-support. Land Raiders can do the same, but they're very costly.

A Predator is a lot less points than a Land Raider. And Predator Autcannon and Heavy Bolters can start mowing down hordes from real far away, while a Crusader has to get uncomfortably close to really start doing the shredding.

>walked around to the other side and took another picture
>made sure to put the book neatly open in the background so everyone can tell the picture is totally legit

yes there is
A macro weapon on a model that doesn't have the titanic keyword that must move, so it cannot fire its weapons at any point in time.
>m-most p-playtested edition e-ever r-r-right?

if you have it open in a tab it will keep working until you refresh the page or restart your computer.

Any good books that have one event told from the perspective of multiple races? Each perspective having the same jist but being highly mythologies in their own way.

Predators are more points efficient if all you want is firepower. They may lack the flexibility and bells and whistles of the LR, but if all you want is to sit bak with lasannons on a tank, they're great.

All rules from FW are obviously not playtested. That shit is just a rush job FW didn't really want to do (over there they rather wank to walkers and dreadnoughts) They didn't even do the most basic of proofreading.

>Premium prices, shit tier quality. FW guarantee !

hahahah

If the list builder is dead, how are we going to make easy to build lists?

Also what happened, anyway?

excel?

First the guy making it had a patreon for some reason.

Then some fucking idiot posts a link to it on the GW Facebook.

Just use battlescribe.

battlescribe, while some people have reported it as clunky (I prefer it) is still an option

We cant! We are fucked! GW just fucked us all in the ass!

> Pay money every year to get a worse version of something that used to be free

or

> Get blasted by ads while using a worse version of something that used to be free

Yeah nah, Battlescribe can get fucked.

Is there a pirateable version?

Yeah, its called the Index.

You can use it for free

Notepad ++

> Send an email to the guy who did the list builder
> Tell him thanks for the work he did
> Tell him that I'm a new player and his website made building lists super easy
> He sends me a reply back a couple minutes later saying thanks and happy wargaming

Meanwhile

> Buy a copy of Warhammer Quest from GW
> Half the cards are missing
> Email GW about it
> They tell me to go fuck myself

GW customer support is usually very accomodating.

Didn't FW say they are releasing a new Tigershark too?

More like do nothing aside from selling 20 flavours of marine

>blasted by ads
you mean that one little barely noticeable ad way down at the bottom?
I've used bscribe for free for years, I didn't even know there was a paid version until I saw people shitposting about it here, because the free version does everything you could want a list builder program to do
there's literally nothing wrong with battlescribe

So I found an old beat up contemptor that could be salvaged with a good helping of greenstuff

It's armed with a power fist and a twin heavy bolter

Considering you can buy weapons for this variant for a reasonable price through various sources what's a good point efficient loadout for a contemptor?

The conversion beamer looks like its got some neat rules but I didnt get to see how many points it costs

It sometimes switches to a full screen ad that hits some access denied permissions on a Mac. Probably not battle scribes fault, but he has shady as fuck advertisers

Anyone else fulgrim as fuck and struggling to start a marine army due to primaris?

1 they are beautiful
2 they aren't compatible with anything else marine
3 they aren't very good from what we've seen so far

I am literally stuck in this hellish limbo where I can't start an army. I have some primaris sitting on sprue and I'm debating getting more and just truescaling normal guys. But then if I do that does that mean I can't use terminators?

Do you think I am going too far out of my way to get 4 flyers?

The 12 KWs go into the Tantalus with the 4 Archons.

> Charging money and getting ad revenue for a product that uses data that other people collate into lists

Battlescribe is jew-tier trash, if you absolutely have to use it use it on a rooted phone with some form of adblocking installed.

It does its job, and for free, but isn't great at creating a visual output for easy sharing with others, which is what the old list builder excelled at.