Are Beast Races still furry if they are not anthro and purposefully unattractive?

Are Beast Races still furry if they are not anthro and purposefully unattractive?
Kinda want to make them tribal/savages humanoids.

Everything is someone's fetish. Just roll with it.

Nothing is 'furry' unless it was made specifically as fetish material for furries by furries.

I thought furry specifically meant anthro?

>Are Beast Races still furry if they are not anthro and purposefully unattractive?

Yes, because the people who actually care to call out "furries" will call out anything they deem even remotely furry to be furry.

>Are Beast Races still furry if they are not anthro
Nigga, then they're just animals.

Humans are just anthro monkeys

Nah. I've seen anthro monkies. Shit was lewd.

Is it furry? I wouldn't say so. I can guarantee you I will be jerking off to it at some time after the game either way.

Ayup. Monkey Princess is... Tier B princess.

This. Anthro literally means human.... so if they look even remotely human shaped e.g. two arms and legs with head and neck on shoulders, then it's anthro....

stop worrying and just do whatever you want
Trying to tip-toe around "being unoriginal, weeb, furry, fetishy, etc" will result in blank state

you need to learn to not give a shit, my son.

Why do you care? If you want to do the thing, then do it. Even if it WAS for magical realm bullshit, you still shouldn't care. As long as you and the people you like to be around don't have an issue, there isn't one.

Furries will fur anything and anti-furries will call anything with fur furries. Just do your own shit and let autists on the internet shriek all they want.

Beastmen are far from being associatable with the furry fandom by nature of looking so savage and real-ish in the face department. If they don't look Disney or animu, then they're usually pretty safe.

regardless of what you do i will still want to fuck one, so why even bother trying to design away from that?

I wouldn't consider it furry, no. Beastmen are a staple of fantasy.

However, anyone with a set of eyes knows when we've stumbled into furshit territory. There's a strong difference between someone who wants to play a beast-man, vs someone who wants to play a beast-man AND fantasises about sticking their dick in the family dog.

As long as your werewolves are lethal and savage murder machines then I don't care what you do.

>not anthro

If they're humanoid then they are anthropomorphic.

The term anthropomorphism refers to giving something non-human human qualities. Creatures like Ankou and Máni are anthropomorphic characters. It doesn't just refer to sexy animal people.

Just do what you want nigga, it's only furry if you're jerking off.

Beastmen/goatmen/minotaurs are usually fine. Look at female worgen in WoW, this is the typical furry shit.

why do you care if some fucker calls you a furry? anthro animals are cool, because animals are cool

no, they are not. humans are superior. we only think the inferior prey and predators are cool is due to aesthetics and their ability to do something we can not do without the assistance of machines. but we can make machines to do it better than animals thus we are by default more cool because we can do anything better.

but the rest of your post is correct

This has to be the most autistic post I have ever seen.

If you even have to ask this kind of question don't even bother you autist.

"furry" is a sexual kink and fetish.

If the beast race exists completely outside of the context of sexuality, it is not furry. If the non-sexual beast race is then applied or presented in a sexual manner, that particular application or presentation is furry.

tl;dr--if there's no sex, it aint furry

Does that mean satyrs are always furry, even when they have human heads?

Don't let it bother you what others think user, you shouldn't avoid a beastial race because someone might think for some whatever reason you're a furry magical realmer. If it's something you want present then do it, there are so many great beastfolk races to use and they're fun to have about.

This. And anyone who's going to pitch a fit because of it is someone you wouldn't want in your group anyway.

Oh shut up with this crap. Do your own fucking setting and stop asking for the hivemind.

Whoever else that gives his opinion in this thread is also a cunt. Shut up. Nobody gives a shit what you do.

Furry has basically almost lost any meaning if you go by how Veeky Forums tends to use it.

There isn't anything wrong with furry user, so long as you can keep it to yourself or appropriate settings.

/Pol/lacks are the new furry anyways.

I have a race of ratfolk that are effectively traveling gypsies. I was hesitant to put them in there because of the furrybait risk, but I'm lucky my players see them more as gypsies than people.