/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Never have I been happier to see a new thread. I wouldn't even link the last one, senpai. What an abomination.

I'm currently creating a new CYOA focused on restoring older Empires to the Modern Era. I'm still on the process of selecting the choices and the description. So far I'm thinking of adding Persian and British; I've also though of adding a bit more recent like the USSR and the Nazi Party, it's not technically an empire but I'm struggling finding Civilizations with plenty of information and historical documentation.

By the way, I don't think I've written a story/fantasy setting since like high school. Any advice to help me write or pointers? Also what would you like to see more in this? More focused on raising levies and armies? or more focused on the player with powers and shit? Waifus will be added near the end.

Are several/all of them getting restored at once? The tensions between the Romans, Nazis, and Soviets should be fun.

Focus on the player and powers or building up the new empire would be a nice change from all the waifu stuff.

Well, the Player has the option to choose his heritage and the empire he/she chooses to revive. And the other empires being revived is planned as an extra obstacle/challenge.

The biggest issue with the progress is the descriptions. I need to do a bit of research with the empires and I'm a horrible writer.

That pic for the Egyptians gets me hard as fuck.

Honestly senpai, if the CYOA just restores an empire and puts you at it's head, then there aren't really any more meaningful options you could add beyond waifus. Not trying to demoralize you, but it's good to think about all your options and what shape the final form will take before starting the image or doing anything else.

How many cyoas 3_tankista made?
I know worm, times of trouble, mageocratic convention, blood magic.
Are there any other?

Sure thread derails are common here.

You know, unless it's about organizing for war with other factions.

Just do your own thing. You cannot please everyone, after all, especially here.

Not the CYOA maker, but:

How will the neighbours react to this new empire? A resurgent Nazi superpower is going to draw a response. Likewise, how does the US deal with the original 13 colonies rejoining the British Empire? Or Europe going full Roman on problems in the middle-east?

How does this empire translate into the modern day? Actual ancient Egypt's culture and the economy it created would be completely non-competitive in the modern world (and in that specific case, would be in large part pointless due the the Aswan dam).

Do you spend points securing your position as ruler, building up the economy, or building up the military so you can deal with all the neighbouring countries whose land you've taken?

Well I was planning on putting the foundations first, the Empire list mostly. Afterwards I was planning on adding abilities of the Emperor itself, which will be limited and points can't be added further even with additional missions/challenges.

Afterwards, I had originally thought of unit selection, and also exclusive units belonging to a faction, similar to other CYOAs, you can choose units and how numerous they are with your given points, You can gain more points by taking additional challenges and missions; You can also start low and use the points later on, once you've established diplomatic relations and a foothold. One thing I wanted to add to make it a bit more unique was a response level of nearby countries by the size of the army that You begin, for example, if you start with 1000 soldiers, then You'd be monitored and watched closely, start with 100,000 then there would be immediate mobilization in response, as well as adding the burden of the selected missions.

>How will the neighbours react to this new empire?
I was thinking of like "A castle in the middle of Egypt's desert suddenly being raised or seen" with movement and people. You can choose how to respond and integrate your Empire to the rest of the world with selections.

>How does this empire translate into the modern day?
Basically starting where it left off or fell, of course you will have resources to begin with and You may choose how to gain new resources and establish economic doctrines by what You want to focus on. (e.x Trade, Agriculture, tourism, etc.)

Character limit reached.

>Do you spend points securing your position as ruler, building up the economy, or building up the military so you can deal with all the neighbouring countries whose land you've taken?
You will have personal points, which can be use to gain personal powers and abilities. For the economy and Military, You can choose what you output per month, similar to HoI (implying you have the requirements). For example, you have 2 farms and 2 barracks, You can choose to convert the farm to gain more men per month or vice versa, in essence it's like a tile based system whereon You can choose what structure you want on the available tiles.

It's a bit over the top, but more Authors have dealt with more complicated systems and rules. That's just the outline of the CYOA itself, it can change over time but I'm still working on the foundations first.

>Persian
I would prefer Assyria or Akkad as a more ancient empires and the first ones in the region. Persian would do too of course.

Europe was choke full of modern empires like French, German, Portuguese/. Chinese Empire is pretty classic thing. With USSR and Nazi you can also add USA, though that one still exist. Byzantine, Ottoman, Mongolian.

>Roman Empire
>Byzantine Empire
>Holy Roman Empire
>Nazi Empire
Now that's some tension up in there

Assyrians were asshole though. Way too much forced prostitution going on.

Why does your empire have to be nice? If it's a core part of that empire's way of doing things, it should at least be an option. Otherwise you'd end up with Nazis that get along with Jews, or Soviets with a solid economy, or pacifist Romans or something.

>How will the neighbours react to this new empire?
Genocide all day every day all across the world

>How does this empire translate into the modern day?
I guess it would make sense if they would have modern tech levels, but with a retro-futuristic feel to it, with the aestetics and culture similar to old and whatever the main strengths of the empire remaining. For example, Roman Empire will have normal tech, but cutting edge road building technologies and military organisation.

It reminds me of a setting of a Russian book Tomorrow War by Alexander Zorich, it is space future and there is such a phenomena as retro-evolution with certain populaces suddenly reverting to cultures of old, while keeping them odern tech level of course. The story begins with a space war between Earth and Concordia. Concordia reverted to Zaroastristic Persian culture and Earth while at first seemingly normal is actually later revealed being reverted to WW2 era culture. It's just lacked the certain apparent aestethics so no one noticed when it happend. There also was a neutral New Murom planet reverted to Ancient Rus culture.

There is an issue with the resolution in there, it makes me do the horisontal scrolling to read.

>it makes me do the horisontal scrolling to read.
That's probably an issue with your PC, my ESL friend.

What are some old gold CYOAs that people remember fondly?

Gonna take a while to post this whole thing.

As another user said, Assyrian, Byzantine, Ottoman, and Mongolian empires would be cool. Babylonian, Aztec, Incan, Greek, Dutch, Carthaginian, and Japanese Empires would all be cool. Adding a Caliphate (like the Umayyad) would be cool as well.

Clever way to name this page

Adding nazis will bring /pol/ out of the woods, just saying. I guess if you read endless repeats of how they are going to be gassing all the jews, do your thing.

>no Great Hwan Empire
>no Proto-Finnic Holy Roman Khaganate

smdh, into trash it goes

Speaking of /pol/ does anyone have that one Jew CYOA that was around a little while ago?

I'm gonna gas all the jews

mystery box

Why not choices for the implementation of ethics and laws or something.
Customise your empire to try impliment changes which hopefully minimize or slow their previous fall happening again. Or create one to your own specifications.

Just a few off the top of my head.
E.g.
Slavery is Allowed
Advancement in Philosophy and Sciences are prioritised
Eugenics is encouraged and practiced.

Yes.

Ancient Greek eugenics would have aimed for small penis, lithe feminine body on boys and firm buttocks.

I approve, please implement this.

I also think cultural aspects should also be important. Part of the reason why some empires are interesting are their culture/cultural ascetic.

Someone should make a CIV:Beyond Earth CYOA

>someone
Is that your name?

Why would you make a CYOA about a significantly less popular game? A Civ CYOA sounds more similar to what people are talking about.

Synergy! And this layout already looks like a part of a CYOA ...

I will make one, but I'm already working on some others and adding another cyoa in between the rest is splitting my attention too much.
Because it was a game which had really interesting things in it but was just implemented really badly.

It was my first cyoa and I got bullied because it wasn't a proper one. More of a proof of concept/single choice thing.

Well, there is another possibility ... superior to both Civ and Beyond Earth.

>from the very end of last thread
Reposting in the new thread.

>Species: Houri
>History: Rebellious Princess
>Attitude: Easily Flustered
>Body: Curvy
>Accessories: Collar+Leash, Flexible, High Heels, Emotion Earrings, Tattoos (Slave Brands)
>Additional Outfits: Modern, Glorified Jewelry, Maid
>Mundane Skills: Housewife, Courtesan, Entertainer
>Vessel Exterior: Jewelry Box
>Vessel Interior: Single Room (-3)
>Rank: Patron Haint (Technology) (-8)
>Perks: Magical Realm, Minor Shapeshift, Lusty Soul, Loving Heart, Bonus Bottle (-1), Illusionary Copy (-3), Trendsetter (-1), Minor Shapeshift (-2)
>Pitfalls: Tragical Realm (+1), Easily Trapped (+2)
>Interloper: The All-Seeing Eye (Pokeballed), Old Friend (Pokeballed inside Wish-created Cellphone)
>Life Goal: Companionship/Power
>Conflict Resolution: Confront
>Local Support: Intent Intern, Tree of Life (both pokeballed inside Wish-created cell phones)
>Long-Distance Support: Royal Wisp, Shoulder Angel
>Summons: The Unfamiliar: Pokemon with emotion-control powers

All-Seeing Eye:
>Species: Jann
>Attitude: Defiant
>Accessories: Barefoot, Collar+Leash, Veil
>Additional Outfits: Modern, Glorified Jewelry, Maid, Wedding Dress, Variable (Courtesan: Fishnet BDSM Slave)
>Mundane Skills: Courtesan, Tracker, Worker Drone
>Vessel Exterior: Glass Bottle
>Vessel Interior: Itty Bitty (+4)
>Rank: Magical Girlfriend
>Perks: Major Shapeshift, Lusty Soul (-1), Magical Realm (-1), Djinn-ja (-2), Intoxicating Aroma (Aphrodisiac) (-2)
>Pitfalls: A Wish Your Heart Takes (+1), Terminal Battery (+1)

Problem I see with this is that if you are just picking your faction, it's kinda boring but if you are allowing people to pick their technologies, you would have to possibly explain the combos, which would be a lot of work.

Idk, maybe you have better vision of it.

So, given that my primary fetish is maledom/femsub with a hefty dose of humiliation, the second Genie would promptly (and forcibly) gain a rape/humiliation fetish once I pokeball her with the Bonus Bottle. It shouldn't take too long to break through her initial resistance; after a while, her Defiant act would simply be that: an act.

Especially since I can ask my other waifu to give me magical brainwashing technology, if I need to. I could also probably wish for more Bottles as well I think, even if they can only be Cellphones.

Old Friend
>Species: Xian
>Attitude: Dominant
>Accessories: High Heels, Collar+Leash, Flexible
>Additional Outfits: Modern, Glorified Jewelry, Maid
>Mundane Skills: Life of the Party, Courtesan, Businesswoman, Tracker, Scheherazade
>Vessel Exterior: Cell Phone
>Power Level: Magical Girlfriend
>Perks: Friends Upstairs, Loving Heart (-1), Lusty Soul (-1), Magical Realm (-1), World Atlas (-2), Cursebane (-2)
>Pitfalls: Terminal Battery (+1)

Increasing her power level past this would have been a trap option, given that it'd have required her to sleep about 16 hours a day, 6 days a week. Also, dominating a woman with a Dominant personality sounds like fun. The bigger they are, the harder they fall, after all.

Intent Intern:
>Type: Jeannie
>Attitude: Excited
>Accessories: Collar+Leash, Flexible, Barefoot
>Additional Outfits: Modern,Glorified Jewelry, Wedding Dress
>Mundane Skills: Nurse, Worker Drone, Courtesan
>Vessel Exterior: Cell Phone
>Rank: Magical Girlfriend
>Perks: No Misunderstandings, Lusty Soul, Loving Heart (-1), Magical Realm (-1), Foresight (-4)
>Pitfalls: Short Circuit (+1), Terminal Battery (+1)

CYOA doesn't say what her personality type would be defined as, but it looks like that one's pretty close. Also, breaking in the eager new girl sounds like fun, too.

Also, looks like Tree Girl can't be pokeballed with a Cell Phone.

I'll vote for whichever empire lets boys love boys.

Wouldn't that be all of them since we're talking about modernizing archaic empires?

Is this it? Is this the cyoa that will let me build a /polgbt/ homoerotic nazi empire?

Posting one of my favorite cyoas

Also I just got done with a 24 hour ban over having one post with 2 lines of greentext being semi-off topic. Angel really is a mod isn't she

You don't learn do you, old man?

I want to be a comfy neutral spectator in a great battle between good and evil.

Was there an historical empire in which fat men were considered ideal and celebrated? Please?

So you want to be an ent/hidden elf village?

>You don't learn do you, old man?

I at least want an explanation, I remember another user saying a day before I got banned that he got banned for posting the angel cyoa. So I want to know is angel a janitor now?

>Angel really is a mod isn't she
If only she would use her powers for good and not evil

Nah, I just want to watch the world burn.

This. Just don't do the Nazis aka the third reich themselves, but just the first German Empire, from the Napoleonic wars and the first world war.

I'm still gonna be gassing all the jews

I'm still gonna be gassing all the women (female).

There is only a way to test if angel is really a mod
THE SISTERS OF BATTLE ARE SHIT!
YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A FILTHY RED KIKE!
YOU NEED TO BE DICKED BY A STRONG MAN!
LESBIANS DON'T EXIST!

By the powers granted me by cyoa gods, you are now both jewish women(female)

>Your wish, My command (0)

I see you added some new types. That only makes the choice harder.
Linger is real cute, Jann is great but I've gotta go with
>Juno
That whole "make a small sacrifice (to prove your love) is too romantic not to.
Jann's bonuses are great since IIRC I'll take them both anywho.

>Cosmic will
Literally perfect, seconded by Voluntary. Literally being created for one purpose, to be someone's genie, sounds romantic.
>Main personality: Easily flustered
>Secondary personalities: Friendly, happy to be here
I can stand being tsun for a while. Sounds cute.

>Body type: Medium
With Curvy hips if possible.
>Tanlines, Collar+Leash, Emotion Earrings
>Sporty, Maid, Chinese dress
>Worker drone, Warrior, Professor
Gotta be able to protect my Master
>Cellphone
>Single room (12)

That image for Patron Haint is still beyond perfect.
Since I picked a different genie type I can take
>Domestic Goddess (0)
instead. I just don't like that Patron Haint is limited. I'd hate to pick one thing and my Master needs something else. Like, taking Time is nice (you can cook food by skipping ahead for the ingredients, skip traffic by jumping forward in time) but what if my Master wants to change their body?
I can't do that.

>Loving heart (0)
I don't want Lusty Soul or Magical Realm, those should come with time and investment.
>Friend Upstairs (-2)
>Cursebane (-4)
>No Misunderstandings (-5)
>Minor Psychic Link (-6)
Major Link is too invasive.
>Minor shapeshift (-8)
>Illusionary copy (-8)
I'm not that into it and wouldn't spend points, but it's free.
Aww, Loves Letters is sweet!
I would like Clear the Air but I don't want Pure of Heart. Oh well.
>Dream job (-9)
Is it okay if I pick a Café/One of those cafés that turn into a cozy bar at night, if I only have Worker Drone instead of Entertainer/Businesswoman?
If not, I'll figure something out. It just seems relaxing to think about working in such a place.

I'll need a lot of Pitfalls...

Did someone say Nemesis?

last sunday's /cyoag/ was much faster, what happened? where did the autists go?

I will never not be buttblasted there's no gorgon combo.

>He posted without his trip as an excuse to post his cyoa.
Subarashi TokHaar-sama, All according to Keikaku

When I make the inevitable page 7 for Nemesis I promise there will be a gorgon combo!

Mods happened

How do you respond to these accusations, dear author?

If you look at someone's dick as a gorgon do they get rock hard?

So basically his complaint is that the female characters are too realistic?

imagine being this offended by a cyoa

Can a cyoa be enjoyable if it has powerlevels? What are some the cyoas with powerlevels and are popular?

compared to unrealistic male characters?

Those guys are cute. Also, the answer is yes. The Hunter cyoa is pretty good despite the powerlevels. Notice the "despite".

>Stereotypical "female" traits are being exaggerated to humiliate them and undermine their power.
What am I reading. I don't do reddit and shit, but seriously. How can you humiliate a fictional character or undermine their power. What is wrong with exaggerated stereotypes?

Hey, Tokhaar. When are you going to make a forced TF cyoa?

>Cancer
WOW, I hope whoever wrote that got as much cancer from reading Nemesis as I got from reading that.

>If you look at someone's dick as a gorgon do they get rock hard?
If you want to get rock hard by a gorgon this is the correct way (pic related)

Despite it being reddit, it's actually a pretty interesting thing the numale spotted. It does seem as if the negative traits the girls are given are intended to humiliate and weaken them, more so than with the guys.

Great taste. I like the newer comics where he occasionally fucks that small dicked cute boy. He does excellent sph stuff to be honest. That's another thing we need a cyoa of. Sph. As the one who humiliates of course.

the fuck

?

don't give it any attention

Or it's just written that way to get their non-binary jimmies rustled.

Plus 'muh grrl power' is a fucking stale normalfag meme that needs to die.

There, I deleted them just for you. Geez it's just forced tf. That's a pretty basic fetish. It's literally present in at least one cyoa that's already been posted here.