Warhammer 40k general 40kg

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw List Builder
Got Squatted, if you've been living under a rock.

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/new-titles/featured/dark-imperium-the-last-faithful-son-ebook.html
youtube.com/watch?v=BNSEllj2wSg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ultrasmurf Edition?

Alpha Legion mutant infiltrator edition.

Well, try again. A 1000 point list, expanding eventually into Valks and other flyers, and maybe some other Chimera class vehicles as I love the hull; my Taurox are actually going to be modified wheeled Chimeras.

Starting work on a fandex of all the stuff ork players are missing at the moment. Feedback appreciated, mostly on the formatting, because there's fuck-all content yet.

The people over at the SomethingAwful forums raised a shit ton of money in donations for Hurricane Katrina, and Paypal froze the account and basically held the money hostage. They then said that they weren't going to refund it and the only option was to funnel it through one of their charity companies so they would get a cut.

Basically Paypal tried to jew a bunch of people out of money that was intended to be used as donations to help people during a natural disaster, they are fucking scumbags and as a result I try not to do business with them.

And that is why I don't buy 40k minis from Ebay.

Anyone with the Perturabo ebook who can upload it?

This is the reason Battlescribe is so retarded

the fuck.
i guess in can start buying my 2nd hand shit elsewhere to.

You should have had an error message...

You need to define the runty gunz list and to give more options on the looted vehicles.

Mainly though we're missing the same things everyone else is - actual wargear options, sensibly laid out rules, basic options and a handful of units that they don't have specific kits for.

Pictures or pdf forge World tyranids?

Anyone know where I can find the Dark Imperium novel yet?

theres a copy of the index in the links in OP.

Battlescribe is fine, blame the people who make the roster data. There are more elegant ways to enable that composition already within the system, but the makers tend to go for the easier less complex systems.

You can either sit there like a little bitch, or you could bust open the roster data editor and actually contribute for once..

>It wasnt used once since the new armybuilder.
>Its not retarded

choose one

Literally the second link on google.

I'm running a similar list but with Inquisitor allies. I'm not sure about going all 5 man squads but at 1k points I suppose its alright. A 10 man squad with 4 plasma guns backed up by a command squad with 3HSVG and a medkit seems like a nice 'fuck these guys on the objective and everything near them' group.

Is it just me or are Hemlocks absolutely insane now?

It just seems too cheap, 211pts for 2d3 S10 -4 D2 autohits on a 12w T6 3+ hard to hit flyer that moves 20-80 inches a turn, and can cast smite or one of the other very useful warlock powers. Oh and 6+ ignore wounds.

blacklibrary.com/new-titles/featured/dark-imperium-the-last-faithful-son-ebook.html

>He didn't even read the whole post

Alright so my mates and I were having a debate on the wording for the repair rule for techmarine.

It says in the Techmarine repair rule that a vehicle can only be repaired once a turn, which is a reasonable rule to prevent gank healing.

However Sergeant chronus has the special rule where it says his vehicle "recovers 1 wound".

So we were wondering if Sergeant Chronus abilities counts as the repair or if it can recover the 1 wound and then get a repair from a techmarine.

>he doesen't know that google personalizes his search results
Literally all I get when I search for "Dark Imperium" is WE WUZ KANGS shit

the autohits line seems to be a typo error in the haste to create the codexs. i imagine this was copy/pasted from the other guys that have that attack

expect WAAC fags to be taking them

So how should Deathwing/Ravenwing deal with fliers, tanks, walkers etc?

I would say you can use both the same turn

They stack. Chronus doesn't use the word repair anywhere.

Which historical culture should I base a Blood Angel successor on?

Does that not say quite a bit more about you tho, pal?

Let's talk Imperial Guard in 8th edition!

What do you like? What do you dislike?

I'd like to start by focusing on the Russ variants and which came out on top and which are trash this time around. My ratings as follow-

>Battle cannons are king again
>Executioner, poor man's Battle Cannon
>Exterminator, costs more than BC and lost re-rolls. the fuck were they thinking?
>Vanquisher, LOL
>Eradicator, pretty okay, may have to test out
>Demolisher, seems decent

With the jet fighter and dark talon

Cockatrices

Punisher is great this edition, wounding vehicles and monsters on 5s and being able to put out 32 shots a turn for 180 points seems good

From what I've read and heard, you always run them as tank commanders and you run 3 variants. Pask on a punisher, battle cannon or demolisher as your go to for others depending on your needs/board/opponent.

wouldn't that be DA

Not in your magical realm.

I'm not seeing the problem

Make them based on Caroleans and they only start firing when they see the whites of the heretics eyes

Alright anons, what are your most and least favorite 8th ed changes?

>armor pen/killing models off is cool
>blasts are trash

Which should I take? They both look more geared to tearing apart infantry than hunting tanks and fliers to me.

>Punisher
Ah yes! knew i forgot one. yeah especially with Pask? pretty fantastic!

>always tank commanders
i like the option but, paying 30pts for 3+ ballistic skill? seems like a needless point sink for subpar weapons in general.

>not in your magical realm
so it wouldn't be DA in mine but it would be in everyone else's

Jet fighter is pretty good now. Otherwise black knights will shred most things to death.

people keep saying the vanquisher sucks.

but whats basically a melta lascannon doesn't seem bad to me, at least on paper. Am i missing something.

>blasts are trash

i have mixed feelings on this. on one hand i was able to get great use out of templates, typically getting higher # of hits than the randomness we have now. So for example where now we have D6 with a blast i would reliably be able to get 4-5. This is an insane difference especially with the Leman Russ Executioner cannon, i loved it last edition. Now? Forget it, the BC imo is in every way better (apart from one whole AP point weaker)

however, i was every a tourney player and always kept matches towards pretty casual. competitive maybe but casual overall. so i can imagine people really seeking every inch of advantage would better space units so... maybe the numbers work out about the same on average?

I'm guessing there anyway, i have no way to support the idea. overall, i feel they should buff blasts just slightly. give more of then 2D3 vs D6 or give more the Neutron Laser's trick of at MIN dealing 3 points out of D6 points of damage.

There has to be at least something good in CW. Its efficient when it can smite but its not like its there aren't comparable anti vehicle platforms. Mortis Contemptor Dread with 4x Lascannons is as good.

Tank commanders are double good with pask because they give the re roll more value

I like that templates are not a thing anymore. But blasts are just anemic right now.

What they should do is spill damage over. Maybe only if they double enemy toughness?

>what am i missing
157pts for a meltagun with 1 less AP than an actual meltagun.

if you really want to melta something at long range there's far, far better options that aren't terribly over-bloated in their price.

Believe me, as someone that is in love with Vanquishers they have always been terrible.
>RIP forever "tank killer" russ

Fine.
Alternative optuions for Blood Angels:
Alp, Katakan, Mula, Bruxa, Nosferat, Ekimma, Fleder, Garkain, Plumard.

Stolen from the Witcher

I wonder how different it would be if blast weapons rolled once for a hit and if you scored the hit, then it'd cause like D6 hits on the target. A bit like how blasts were, where you rolled to hit and then you placed the marker down (only ordnance scattered in the old days).

Annihilator has 2 lascannons on the turret instead of a vanquisher cannon.

Shooting vehicles with machine guns is terrible. 32 shots turns into 2 wounds on t7 sv3+.

I agree with the user in the last thread that blasts have been overnerfed. It wouldn't be so bad if other weapons averaged fewer hits, but when guns have kept the ability to fire 6/10/20/40 shots every time it feels a bit off that blasts average so few hits.

Bullgryns are amazing. Pask with a couple of tank commander Russes seems to be the way to go for Russes. Infantry squads were made to go 90mph to grab objectives with move move move.

Also I've been adding ministorum units to my Guard and they are great too. Crusaders, arcos and death cult assassins destroy things.

They're not five man squads, they're full 10 men squads. 5 normal, 4 volley, 1 sarge.

sure, but that still doesn't make up for the cannons overall being overpriced. all you're doing at that point is polishing a turd. Battlecannons and Punishers are good with or without pask. the rest are garbage being made slightly better with pask/commanders

First time painting a Tau unit.
How does it fare?
Still a newbie, but please do bash me for whatever reason if thy wish to.

Oh. I completely read that wrong then. Shit looks pretty good.

i'd like to see "blasts" improved by maybe 1/3 of the power they are now. seeing D6 for the number of hits an expensive gun can make is painful

>bullgryns
loadouts and tactics? i have 9 with 6 yet to assemble. always loved the models!

I paint tau too.

The paint thickness is still a bit too much, you need to thin down your paints more.

You also need to remove mold lines before assembling and priming!

The biggest mistake here is the highlight. The color is too different from the rest of the mini, try to watch some youtube tutorial like this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=BNSEllj2wSg (both part 1 and 2). He gives a few suggestions.

Good luck! Don't get discouraged and NEVER strip this mini. Keep it as a reminder of your errors/how much you've improved.

Anyone got a copy of the rules for the ork kill tank? I saw an user post it in the last thread but failed to save them

It's not like they are shredding tanks but that's still respectable damag. When you think about that versatility of being able to shoot infantry and tanks/monsters from a beefy and mobile platform I think they are super worth the points

Triple Plasma cannon with reroll 1 looks quite viable to me.

>seeing D6 for the number of hits an expensive gun can make is painful

Not to forget that you still need to roll to hit on those D6 shots. A stationary Russ is gonna get, on average, 1.75 hits in.

I saw the vid already, altho I had nothing similar to ungor flesh at hand, but I'll use it once I get it on monday.
I wasnt going to strip the mini. Id love to be able to see the progress by comparing an old mini to a recent one.

Thanks for the reply!

Not him but thanks for sharing. I had no idea. Wont use paypal in the future that's for sure.

Yeah, I know the content needs doing. What I need to know is; does the PDF work right? Are you getting any weird layout issues or fonts not looking like they should?

the good
>you painted it
>decent color scheme
>you put in the time for detailing

the bad
>the paint is T H I C C
>the highlighting is T H I C C

overall 6/10 imo, above average. especially for a line unit that won't get much attention when playing. If you're looking to improve we could chat elsewhere.... or maybe i'll make an intro meme mspaint pic sometime. but here are some general tips in the meantime

>Krylon matt black spraypaint for priming works fantastic for 99% of all models. get some, play with it. use it
>THIN your pants to a milk-like consistency. test on a surface, if you see lines or texture after drying thin it more
>pick up Washes, Black is general purpose and can be slapped onto 90% of all models/surfaces. only apply it to cracks/corners on larger models/vehicles
>for better highlighting, be sure to brace the hand holding the model and exhale/hold your breathe while you hit the edges

basic tips that'll take you along way.

Did you do the model in the pic? How to do such awesome lenses?

>trip plas
slap those sponsons onto a more cost efficient turret then. the Executioner has been nerfed to shit

>still gotta hit
i wanna say if all "blasts" simply received "auto-hit" it'd make up the difference but that'll never happen.

Scion troops are two specials per 5.

But you need the re-roll less.

50% chance to hit, re-roll brings you up to 75%, 25 percentage point increase.

67% chance to hit, re-roll brings you up to 89%, 22 percentage point increase.

It's better used on a basic tank.

I love now that everyone have hit and run.

Dont like that instead of the realistic tank combat where tanks explode from one good shot in the weak point from HEAT round, its now videogame "tank have HP you have to whittle down"

Love that several units can share transport.

Hate that cover saves are now just armor, ap is fucking substract every time someone shoots at you instead of simpy dont get a save, mortal wounds bullshit that ignore invulns, invulns are crap.

Where's the FW indices? I cant find it in the first mega link. Removed or am i blind?

First time painting a model in ~7 years. Starting back up aboard the 8th train.

Appropriate given OP image. Rate him based paint anons?

hah, i did thanks! firs time doing them that way and it was surprisingly easy. there's 2 ways of doing it, one is easier than the other.

steps
>base color
>Drybrush black in a circle towards the top (hard) or splash some in there with an airbrush (easy)
>make a thin crescent shape with a brighter shade of the base color on the bottom
>make a smaller crescent offset to one side on the top with white
>apply a clear gloss to finish

could probably add one more step as well by applying a black wash to the edge of it for a nice fade but this didn't really need it. further notes- until you have an Airbrush practice a lot learning to Drybrush, it'll take you very far. protip: for best results with drybrushing you actually dont want to think the color you'll be drybrushing with.

7-.5/10

looks pretty clean, would play against. two comments would be 1: looks like it could use a wash if not applied already 2: could use stronger high-lighting imo

>No difference between

>[Scion w/Hot shot blaster x5]
And the A3 Clusterfuck that is Battlescribe

I don't have my book in front of me but isn't it only re roll 1s so the doesn't effect the amount of re rolls but does effect how many of those will be hits

gonna be rebuilding my flesh tearers, any fun ideas for the army?

You are blind.

I don't have an airbrush...is it possible to apply a clear gloss with a brush?? Looks awesome.

America.

If you have one of the many ways you can reroll ones to hit then the executioner is better than the cannon, the eradicator is pretty cack, -2S isn't worth one more AP on units in cover. In general all the variants pale in comparison to artillery.

How do you get 32 shots, it's 29 with hull+sponsons. Are you counting a heavy stubber?

>Tear your own flesh and tan it.
>Use said flesh as capes for your models
>Profit

I opted for a targeted wash in the recesses because I didn't want to dull the blue -- I think of Smurfs as being a "brighter" Chapter, if that makes sense.

And yeah, I notice my highlights are really tentative at this early stage. I'm slowly regaining what I used to do.

Second image: first guy and another.

Reminder that no matter how much loyallets strive, the sons of Magnus will always be naturally superior.

absolutely! i dont have any GW brand clear gloss paint but i'm sure they have one, if not i'm sure you can find one in a local hobby art store.

the black gradient will be the more difficult part but for smaller lenses (which is the majority of models) a flat black area towards the top will suffice just dandy. try experimenting on some throw-away material. thinner paints take multiple coats to be opaque and you can do a stepped gradient due to that by applying subsequent coats of a color in a smaller area of the original application.

that's an alternative to learning how to Drybrush of course which, i highly recommend looking into. carried me for years with great results and has a wide range of applications

>pic related, gradient was drybrushed

>I'm weaing a top-hat so I'm not a manlet
topkek heretic

Rofl what the fuck tg flipped my image

>the 40k equivalent of wearing stilts to make yourself taller

Nice stuff. I never learned drybrushing because i paint tau, and on flat surfaces I always thought it would look like shit. I'm gonna try and follow your suggestions though! Thanks!

I thought its a new meme, with all morons posting lopsided pictures.

getting my old orks into shape, just built 30 of the metal/plastic stormboys. Good lord that was a bad idea but the figs at least look cool.

I got dookied on by tau yesterday. I ran:
60 boys, warboss, KFF big mek, 3 zzap guns, 3 lobbas, 1 dred, 4 kans, 4 meganobs in a trukk

he had:
aegis defense line, broadside, 2 commanders, 3 burst cannon suits that dropped in, gunrig tidewall, 30 firewarriors, shadowsun, etherial, fireblade

I think like 7 orks made it to his line. Any thoughts?

6 walking with slab and maul or 4 in a chimera or valkyrie with maul and slab or brute. Priests help a lot.

Get da ride the ol' boyz?

You had 2 boyz per firewarrior.

>better than the BC

BC has a potential to deal a total of 18 wounds
Ex has the potential to deal a total of 6/12 if you risk killing yourself.

eh....

Which is what he's taken, isn't it?