>Daredevil vs Ubex
Is it worth it?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/aa/d3/aad35e6c-afdb-4de4-b034-ec5b5b748106/adn_faq_v312.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/fa/84/fa84c620-cd7e-4c6c-96bd-c703419fca5e/adn_mwl_v12_web.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>Breaker Cost Comparisons
ice.emergencyshutdown.net/

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

>Sealed Format Generator
anrsealed.com/

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site.

Check out the very WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Worlds of Android Scan now in the OP
mega.nz/#!y0cC3ahR!bQlSrpCY4NamDKvq8FPXJEHAFS2WAvfzkZ0oyTbM_us

Old bread

Daredevil gets 2 MU and 2 cards on the conditional that:
a) The Corp has a 2 ICE server.
b) You run it
While Ubax is 1 MU and gives you a card inconditionally every turn.

>Daredevil vs Ubex
If you run a lot, then Daredevil will get you plenty of cards. Big difference here is you can opt not to install it while there aren't enough ice down or you don't need the MU, vs Ubax which is better if you install early, which could end up being a big tempo hit. The free draw from the latter is also just really cool.

Even moon decks should have 2 ice on centrals eventually, otherwise shapers can just dominate RnD.

An earlier MO should (hopefully) be enough to pay for Ubax in theory.

Still basically takes a full turn to recover from installing either, so in the end it still really depends on the type of deck. Run-intensive Shapers are rare at the moment so Ubax is probably preferable, but Daredevil could see it's chance in the spotlight should those emerge. Besides, the run condition and one influence cost means it's basically for Criminals. Bank Job an empty double iced remote for 7 - X credits and 2 cards, or faceplanting ETRs with.Turning Wheel down is pretty dope.

Also reminds me, you draw the cards when you start the run, not after, which means there's probably utility for using it to not die or something.

Eh, its 'only' 1 inf, but most crims would probably stick to the usual Desp, since those 3 inf are usually spent on tem.contracts instead.

So, I just got into Netrunner over the weekend after staring at the box every time I went into my FLGS for miniatures night. So far, I've only played with the Corporations with my friend playing the runners. I'm losing quite a bit with Jinteki, usually for lack of credits, but I still like the playstyle of trying to flatline the runner with clever bluffs.

If I'm trying to git gud at the game, what are the 3 or 4 best data packs to pick up to enhance the game? I'm already planning on picking up Honor and Profit, but I don't really know where to go from there.

Not specifically for Jinteki (actually it's fairly mediocre for Jinteki) but Blood Money is one of the very best packs in a while

Mostly depends on a couple of factors, such as whether or not you enjoy the trap or the thousand cuts aspect more, but generally it's probably a better idea to get a well rounded card pool (and I say this as someone who loves Jinteki).

If you're playing with rotation, getting all the deluxes and terminal directive first is a solid way to get started. Alternatively you could ask if your local scene runs the 1.1.1.1. Format

I will note that Jinteki being poor in core is a known issue

Honor and Profit is GREAT for Jinteki bluffing shenanigans. Mushin no Shin is a card that allows you to install a card in a new server and put 3 counters on it for 2 clicks. Meaning most ambushes will be lethal at that point.
The box also includes some good econ and ICE for Jinteki. It's really a well rounded box Corp side if you want to expand further the Jinteki game.

Pretty decent replacement for plascrete, but still dies to MCA informant.

Just for overall decent cards on both sides, pick up the Worlds Decks first. They give you a good number of cards that both the Corps and the Runners want to make use of. Then big boxes and finally datapacks to fill in

What about Modded for Ubax?
Modded (like Carrier Fair) is something you want more in a deck with strong and steady draw. Helps you get Ubax or other costly hardware early without hurting your early game tempo much.

I'd like this a lot more if not for EtF.

Achievement unlocked: checked the whole of R&D with a Demo Run/Run/Showing Off Medium deep dig turn. Missing agendas were all clogging HQ.

You could aim for the Cache Refresh format and start collecting the Mars cycle packs, which incidentally have some pretty rad Jinteki cards. Cache has a smaller card pool (single Core, Terminal Directive, big box of your choice, and the two newest cycles), so it'll be easier to predict what you'll face.

If you're not too worried about getting into competitive, big boxes first is generally the best idea. Terminal Directive doesn't have any Jinteki cards, but you can play a campaign with it, and there are a few econ cards (IPO, Marilyn Campaign) which should serve you well.

Cache Refresh is pretty fun, not to mention a relatively low buy-in. Jinteki own big box really charges them up, while TD does have stuff like hunter seeker for decent ways to spend inf.

Advance the mushin card to 4, and it would take a very brave/foolhardy runner to even consider running it. Junebug, Agg Sec, and even Plan B (iirc) are all available to make the runner miserable (or dead).

This makes it great for scoring most agendas incidentally, even if unprotected.

Damn EtF, just too damn efficient.
I do see what you mean though, though most EtF decks fire every turn anyway
The diamond didn't copy over, that would be a unique card

Also 'grats on Showing Off

bump

C'mon, can't you put some content in with that shit?

What do you guys reckon is the best way to do Glacier in this asset-spam meta?
With HB finally coming on to team spam with Moon and Friends, what hope is there for big ice and high tax?
How can servers be taxing when runners are packing the money to trash 3 assets a turn?

introduced a couple friends to netrunner, they played 3-4 games. They guy who played runner feels the game is really unfair, and that snare is a broken card, it's just the learning curve for runner is steeper, yeah?

>it's just the learning curve for runner is steeper, yeah?
Yep it is, but honestly, using Snare (and SEA-Scorch) in the first few games is probably a bad idea unless you warn the players first.

Card knowledge is one of the biggest hurdles starting out (along with things like breakers not keeping strength), and I'd say you REALLY need to emphasise that running isn't always a safe bet... but that also a lot of the time the corps don't have the cards or don't have the money to make good on those potential threats.

Snare is probably the No.1 offender, and with the tag as well probably shouldn't be in the first few games (also, FFG's Jinteki vs Shaper advice has long been held as shit, use HB) - I'd say Junebug should, but you should also discuss the cards in both players' decks before starting.

I'd say ideally you want to give the newest players the Corp, give them control, let them know that they can blow the runner (you) up if things align

oh I had two brand new players against eachother. the runner was running anarch with MO and the Corp was HB with snares, chum, beanstalk, and tollbooth

Ice Cream (HB)? Off the Crisium Grid? Those 2 still seem decent enough as glacier templates rather then asset spam.

>expecting everyone to have content
>expecting everyone to have content on multiple platforms
>expecting everyone to have the connection to upload content before the page dies
>expecting

Semi glacier with upgrades could be a thing thanks to a few new cards. I don't think Foodcoats went away either, just overshadowed. Problem is more Shaper lock shutting down most scoring plans while simultaneously having loadsa credits though.

Assuming you're playing core set only, Runner actually have the advantage for the most part. As the runner, just remember three things: never run last click, keep a full grip, and always have excess money. There's not too much the corp can threaten you with if you fulfill these 3. Card knowledge is a pretty big hurdle, but as long as they learn from their mistakes, it should be fine. If they keep dying to Snare-Scorched of all things because they keep running recklessly, call them out on it, and show them ways to counter it.

Might not have been the best choice to give the corp snare there. Or trollbooth.

Did you go through the decks with them at least, like "he has X, which can be annoying, but you have Y" ?

Man, before it goes away I've got to give Off the Crisium Grid a real shot.

Any tips? I'm guessing it works best in Blue Sun, or with BBG?

I mean, you're not wrong, but still
>not having data
Also content could just be a thoughtful question or a rambling musing, doesn't have to be an actual upload

Some people can type out a 50 word thought in 3 minutes, others need 10 minutes to consider a sentence at half that length. Sometimes it's just better to bump the thread quickly and not risk it dying, especially when you really don't have anything constructive to post about (drought days with no games are the worst) and you have to bump the thread before getting back to not having a Traffic Accident.

Was page 7 tho

It's usually done with BS yes, you would ideally have mushin as well to speed things up a little, although it's not absolutely critical once already set up.

BBG is a nonbo with BBG, due to region limits. You have to rez the combo the hard way.

Can't post images anymore for some reasons.

Was afraid to post anything before first coffee given my state.

Thought it better to save the thread anyway.

Corp is easier when you start learning because of the natural clock. You know what you have to do and how you have to do it on a base level and card draw pushes you forward. Runner is more free, and as such harder to grasp at first. But I'd say once you've gotten the hang of things, it's corps that tend to be harder, because by then you have to learn to play against the clock.

>Off the Crisium Grid

Played against one yesterday actually. PolOp is a kick in the nut for it, but it can do some fun things with Armored Server- not to mention Friends in High places allowing to recur both upgrades at once.

Blue Sun is good fit for being able to get Off the Grid back in HQ along with spent money when no more needed, but with Friends being a thing for now, you can do pretty decent in some of the most disgustingly rich Weyland decks. Titan being the first suspect.

'Full jank: Off the Crisium Sandburg RecStudio.

Eh, not bumping due to still being early has resulted in a dead thread a few times.

I disagree on the Snare front. It's a great card to show that running is never safe, but it can be played around by taking the necessary precautions.
Of course, I'd show the ambushes to both players before starting. Since knowing the pool is just as important as playing it, showing the most well known ambushes and ICE is just as important.
Snare is powerful on its own, punishing to the careless, and fun. It's the dark souls of ambushes.

Seeing how Crisium Grid is a vital part of the combo, if the runners can get those PoOps in anyway, the combo is a non-starter regardless.

BS is also good as you can bounce the OtG when you are not using it, which itself may or may not be helpful overall.

Off the grid isn't a region.
Crisium is ofc, but that's half the price of OTG

In core/TD campaign decks, Snares! are
easily one of the more common imports to HB, since they can usually afford to trigger them, and is a nasty surprise for otherwise harmless decks.

Snares as so good I had to buy the snare sleeves.

It's good for the runner to hae a constant reminder.

Easily the best sleeves

I like the idea of the Posted Bounty one, but the reach is far less.

I really dig the Deep Red sleeve.

That's my runner one. But then Reina's my girl.

Topical: sad game tonight. Finally manage to have the most precautious player I know take some risks... he Maker's eye into two Snares.

Seeing as the pack it was in was totally dominated by two of the most impactful cards netrunner has ever seen, despite a fair bit of promise leading up to the pack I've not heard much about NASX - any of you guys try it or seen it used?

I presume it didn't see much use initially due to that Kitten 'o' Doom, but now that it is less common, it has started to make appearances in the usual asset spam decks. Nothing too spectacular though.

I've seen it used to disgusting results in Titan. Mark Yale feeding itself and a Firmware Update to NASX for a sudden 24 credits bump. Playing anti-econ against this can be extremely disheartening I tell you.

Pop-Up Window sleeves are pretty nice as well. Just like how good the full bleeds are.

I'm thinking my current experiment is somewhat validated: between asset spam forcing you to trash and all the cards the corp trashes by itself (all the campaigns, Howard, Moon, Aginfusion ICE, Advanced Assembly Lines, Bioroid Work Crew, a slew of small cards you're bound to see in certain match ups like Contract Killer/Ronin, Mills, GRNDL Refinery/Reversed Account, Kala Ghoda Real TV, Marcus Batty...), Gravedigger is in an interesting spot right now.

Add a bit of ICE trashing on the side too, and you have a fair number of milled card for a relatively decent investment.

You playing Noise? With his ability, virus console, and Imps, he could arguably do a good job being heavily disruptive to the corp.

Hnng, I gotta try that

Why yes, that's Noise.

Super-canonical Titan would be Yale, Barney and Anson Rose, right?

Seems just about doable, if a bit tight

Wonder how good he would be in Cache Refresh? Would be a challenge choosing between C&C and O&C.

C&C is likely still better due to Clone Chip, O&C probably has the better non-influence econ though. Speaking of which, did either Shaper or Anarch get any new econ options recently? I can't remember.

Shaper got Algo, though that doesn't exactly look great - like a kinda crap kati replacement

They thought: "Runners are getting too rich, let's stop printing econ" and so, shaper got stealth econ plus algo trading and Beth. Anarchs got alternative econ cards like bonus and strength reduction.
Crims got crim.
Some neutral econ though. Peace and Bloo.

I'm thinking the best slot would probably be in Noise indeed, but I was testing it in a caïssa build - there's something very pleasing in seeing the corp trash its own ICE to get rid of a rook, only to give you Gravedigger milling counters.

Caissa noise, add diwan to fuck those installs. And fester to fuck those purges.

I really don't think Caïssa Noise works, but you know what? I'll try it. Should make for interesting games.

I did use Diwan in my current build. As I mentioned in a previous thread, I find it really interesting how the best use of Diwan will change depending on the deck. Love it on central with Keung, it's a real bother on would-be scoring remote with Reina .

>Leela sets up with fall guys, WNP, Drug Dealer, the works, gets Josh B and starts DLR
>Has plascrete
>set up turn ends, they have 1 tag
>I topdeck Best Defence
>Have boom in hand
>B. Cool. webm
>they DLR 5, gain a tag
>they DLR 5, gain a tag

Such a satisfying kill
Truly it was the Best Defence

Gotta love when they get recklessly greedy.

Tagging is high risk high reward. Of course, to cash in the reward, you must survive the risk first.

Maybe with Obelus and getting 10+ hand.

I've always had a soft spot for unkillable giant hand decks, though of course they fall to trickle damage

My biggest fear with giant hand decks are Komainu, Brainstorm, Chetana and Psychic Field. I'm going to miss Deus X.

Genesys rpg, FFG finally releases their own setting agnostic rpg system. I smell Android splatbooks coming.

>I smell Android splatbooks coming
It all but states it is:

> Fantasy Flight Games' own Android setting is the perfect example of grounded sci-fi. If you choose to explore the Android Universe in Genesys, you'll enter a not-so-distant future where mega-corporations run sprawling cities, and runners explore the digital frontier of a network linking every electronic device on the earth.

>The science fiction setting found in the Genesys Core Rulebook is further broken down into more grounded science fiction and space operas, offering a wide swathe of tropes, equipment, and adversaries.

>The Genesys system isn't limited to the settings found in the core rulebook, either. Keep your eyes out for future supplemental material that will provide in-depth guides to additional settings

Looks like there'll at least be some official RPG then.

Whether it's any good is another matter, all we know so far is that it'll use FFG's proprietary dice, because if there's one thing FFG love it's proprietary dice

That last illustration in the new RPG page is SO Mimic-like, would be a shame if it wasn't a reference.

If it's anything like their Star Wars RPG (and ut seems so)... interesting system, don't know that I'm a fan. Wait and see. But I'd be happy to gave an actual Android RPG.

It bothers me that the good and bad symbols on the dice aren't that easy to tell apart at first glance.

Yeah, really did look that way.

I guess I'd have to ask /swg/ about how FFG's systems are, seeing as that's the most direct predecessor?

It's not great, but looking at the actual dice you could just use regular ones as long as you assign the numbers right - good even, bad odd or something.

I tried a Cache Refresh-based deck without Jackson the other day, I'm actually quite liking pic related - being able to put away agendas and things you want later without leaving them in Archives where you might accidentally lose them is nice.

Preemptive action not so much though, seeing as RAW you can't discard from HQ except at the end of your turn

Preemtive action worka better as anti mill, as long as you dont want to use it during the Runner's turn.
It basically means that if the runner is banking agendas, then you have a chance to swipe them back in. If not, he's running every turn, and thus I see it fair.

Shannon Claire isn't that bad either, since she can bury agendas deep and can even be reused assuming you can get another copy out.

In the Howard replacement solutions department, I find it funny to bluff having agendas while I don't have any when firing Alexa Belsky.

Trow 4 cards into R&D, see the runner pay though his teeth thinking it's the one multi-access run... only to hit nothing.

I love Alexa. So awesome design.

I was watching a game and suddenly hit me.
Does Marylin Campaign gets shuffled if it's unrezzed?
I know card text is inactive while unrezzed, but here card text says that it's shuffled while installed. Which is it?

Has to be rezzed.

On that note, Illegal Arms Factory works the same way.

Does Audacity means I can place 2 tokens on 2 cards or 1 token on each of 2 cards?

>ANCUR UFAQ [Michael Boggs]
>Does Audacity count itself toward the required number of cards in HQ?
>Yes.

Thank god.

Nice catch

Netrunner has such a good community. Kindest card playing dude I ever met is the one organizing our regionals/nationals. I came 20/21 with first round swiss bye. Not a single win, but two games were close. I started playing 2 months ago or so, so low card pool and lack of experience. I was just there for fun and games. This dude gave me his mat when he came top4 (and later won), since he already had one.

Not just this, but 95% of the people are friendly and talkative on Jinteki.net. I'm so not used to this.

Welcome to the community, and congrats on that playmat, I have a friend that would kill for it.

Nice.

Welcome to the game. Don't let user's friend find your home address.

I think it's really cool in terms of choices offered.

I just loved that card so much in TD. Do you want to trash it now and give me an opportunity to score, do you want to take the risk to rerun after I rez for that bp, or do you take the risk of it making your life hell? All the more aggravating if you happen to have a K.P Lynn in the server.

Many people have multiple copies of Alt-art cards, and tend to give them away to new players to spread the love. Glad you're enjoying the game and congrats on the sick mat.

Bump. Hack the Gibson you Wilsons

>Wilsons
Right on.

Gibson ice ftw

...speaking of Wilsons

Power counters make it very "it only works with itself" but tags are very powerful... bit of a conundrum.
I like it for the dog hunting down the runner, it's just getting the balance right

Bump

I must say the thing I like the most about it is the proactive PSI.

>Power counters make it very "it only works with itself

That's a good thing though, I'd say. Imagine that thing on the table with NBN. Making News is already enough of a plight, isn't it?

Not to mention, imperfect He3 target.

The Fumiko Yamamori combo is kinda interesting too. Though I don't know you want the corp to be able to to pay one credit to do one meat damage to a money-less runner.
You'll tell me, two-card combo under a very particular circumstance, probably acceptable.

For the user trying to do the mini-expansion: what about NBN dealing in information with the runner?
We've had the tags, the draw, the sensies... but how about some service.subsdiary where the runners would be0 clients? Corporate Net Mercur.

Open Market

0 to rez 3 to trash
Inf 2
Ignore the install cost of the first ICE you install each turn if you reveal that ICE when you install it.

Might give incentive to play ICE swapping too. Favors glacier.

Insider Trading:

Operation Cost 0 NBN Inf?
Rez a piece of ICE reducing it's res cost by 4. Install Insider Trading on that ICE as a condition counter with the text "whenever the runner encounters host ICE, he or she may trash Insider Trading to bypass it".

Come to think of it NBN and Jinteki don't have any condition counter ice rez operation yet do they. With NBN ice being as cheap as they are I don't think they need it, but the bypass option is pretty neat.

At 1 influence , could always get exported I guess.

Was just trying to explore the concept mechanically.

How much do I realistically need to spend in order to go to my local league and not feel horribly outclassed in terms of deck strength? Alternatively, how much do you recommend I spend getting started?

>condition counter ice rez operation
Could be cool - maybe as a way to add NBN's "on encounter" stuff to ice.

Not sure about a "service" subsid though.

Breaking News is a point (though it'd be at least 4 inf, same as regular scorch)...don't even mention He3. At least it can be cheaper with power counters.

Would a tag with the meat be fairer? Gives the "runner located" aspect without tags being over-emphasised, but is mostly adding insult to injury. Or it might be overly excessive.

Fumiko is an excellent point, seeing as between the two of them you do 6 damage

Let's put it that way: the card removes tags to be used, but you can do whatever you want with those tags before using it, Say Scorched. And even if you don't use it for its meat damage ability, it becomes a card that can tag the runner whenever, arming your other kill stuff. It's basically a tag-dishing Scorched. In a meta that is already complaining heavily about must-trash assets, do you want to add that?

If you want to keep the tags, why not make it 2 meat damage, I guess?

>Not sure about a "service" subsid though.

It's your gig, just throwing ideas your way.

Single Core Set is what I would advise, but I'm no competitive player. Lets you learn the game and what you like about it before you expand into anything.

In all honesty, the hassle isn't so much going to be the cards you own or don't - you can do pretty decent with a single core,, not top tier, but decent - as much as the cards you don't know. Hard to bluff or read the board state when you don't know what could even be there.