Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

T'au mecha edition

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
List Builder
Got Squatted!

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Using Dorkazoid points instead of Based PowerLevels

You dropped your gay card.

Where to get tyranid fucking Shrikes ??

I taught GW removed every option that isnt available to buy ?

Why would someone not pick Dual Talons on a Daemon Prince? It's 10 points for 7/8 AP-2 D2 attacks. That's insanely cheaper than any other option.

How do you know how gay cads look ?

Nope for some reason some guys have rules without models like Rough Riders

Parasite of Mortrex pls nu-GW

But the model officially exists, there's a few more units like that scattered across other books.
I personally use Vargeist wings.

So thoughts on the Thunderfire Cannon in this edition?

I want to get some artillery for my marines, but the 4d3 attacks seem a bit iffy, especially with no blasts.

maybe they will release them in the near future

This once great anti-horde weapon is no longer an auto-include. 4D3 hits just doesn't clear cheap blobs like four blast templates used to. This gun also previously had 3 firing modes, but now only has one. This was once the best artillery outside of Forge World that marines had. Now it is second to the Whirlwind. With all the taxes that a TFC has to take -- paying for the Techmarine, gun, and TFC chassis separately, it manages to cost more than the cheaper Whirlwind variant while having one less Strength. Ignores line of sight. Just remember that if the Techmarine gunners wander too far from the guns, they're considered destroyed.

That is at least what 1d4chan says and i agree with it

I always thought they were forgeworld models/conversion kits

What's the best god to run mono-god daemons with? I've been deciding between Tzeentch and Nurgle as I have no interest in Slaanesh and Khorne I've been told is very squishy but does a ton of damage

Nids will be getting some new models within the next year (or so) anyway, so they will probably get released then

Aye, I was originally considering since my army is essentially all troops and characters with two dreadnoughts on the way.

Getting free models from mates has biased my current options

Want to expand my current selection with a predator or Vindicator, though the d3 attack weapon over guaranteed number of attacks still worry me.

That leaves a position for artillery and though loving the look of the thunderfire cannon and hating the look of the whirlwind, the difference in function is depressing.

yeah but they dissapeared in 2012

Spewin, they are a great unit that i wish got a proper release.

Getting ready for an escalation league with tau.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [30 PL, 500pts] ++

+ HQ [9 PL, 209pts] +

Cadre Fireblade [3 PL, 62pts]: Markerlight [3pts], 2x MV7 Marker Drone [20pts]

Commander [6 PL, 147pts]: Cyclic ion blaster [18pts], 2x Missile pod [48pts], Stimulant injector [5pts]

+ Troops [9 PL, 120pts] +

Strike Team [3 PL, 40pts]
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui [8pts]: Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle [32pts]

+ Elites [6 PL, 103pts] +

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [6 PL, 103pts]
. 2x Stealth Shas'ui (no upgrade) [60pts]: 2x Burst cannon [20pts]
. Stealth Shas'vre [43pts]: Fusion blaster [21pts], Velocity tracker [2pts]

+ Fast Attack [6 PL, 68pts] +

Pathfinder Team [6 PL, 68pts]
. 3x Pathfinder [24pts]: 3x Markerlight [9pts]
. Pathfinder Shas'ui [8pts]: Markerlight [3pts]
. 3x Pathfinder w/ Ion Rifle [36pts]: 3x Ion rifle [21pts]

++ Total: [30 PL, 500pts] ++

I genuinely think its an error on their part.

Either sword/axe need to be cheaper or talons need to go up. Same sort of issue with Power Scourge vs Helbrute fist. Fist is decent but Scourge has the magic number against so many enemy types and more attacks that the few situations where the fist has an advantage its marginal while the situations where the scourge has advantages its much better.

Because it's blatantly seeing a huge price hike whenever the first wave of rebalance happens for that very reason

til then, talons all day

HAHAHHAHA

Three people at my LGS are trying to sell off their Renegade & Heretics armies

all the tourny fags are angry as fuck

the fluff fags are using IG rules instead of renegade rules

HAHHAHAAHHA FW WHEN

What the fuck, why? they are that bad?

I have a friend who made a renegade army for fun but he played it like twice in 7th, he's in it for the conversions

How are Deffkoptas this edition? I think they seem really overpriced for what they can actually do. 83pts just seems like a lot if you consider how little firepower and how easily they die.

Right now they're kind of a mess. They work fine if you just want to run them as normal imperial guard, but they had a really strong tourney list last edition by loading up on those quad-gun heavy support options they get for cheap

They're just a much worse version of guard right now.

Because you dropped yours.

wow. thats more expensive than a motherfucking carnifex

But R&H is still good!

>Valkyrie with 12 Malefic Lords. (assume FAQ or ERRATA to fix transport rules). 490 points
>Reserve 1510 points for summoning
>Guaranteed to go first, since this is only one drop, and it is tournament legal, since all units in your army are deployed on the battlefield
>First turn, move anywhere on the battlefield, and drop all 12 malefic lords
>Malefic lords can still move, so they can still summon (Probably requires an FAQ, but that's the RAW)
>Summon up to 1500 points (can do this with below average summoning rolls) straight up your opponent's ass.

I don't think any army could handle a first turn deep strike of a 1500 point army in their flank/ass.

Now after the dust has settled tell me guys - how T'au and DEldar are doing in 8e?

well deffkoptas are a lot tougher now with t5 and 4 wounds and they get their bombs for free.

but for 83pts you can get a lot.

Even though orks as a whole are good now, I'm a little sad the deffkoptas are so expensive. I used to use them as screening and easy objective grabbers because they were so fast and were only 30 pts, but the fact that they come standard with a Bomm now means they are too pricey to use them how I used to. Its a shame, they were one of my favorite units.

>Buy a bunch of chaos
>start painting them
>find a half-painted tyranid warrior I had from 3rd
>regret not getting tyranids
Nostalgia is a bitch

There is literally no benefits to going raw renegade over IG in this edition.

No special rules, no awesome units, no unique tactics.

Less an worse wargear, worse ogryns, worse characters, worse LD, worse psy powers,

no orders and nothing to replace it, no good chaos marks or chaos devotions, no options.

Nothing in their army supports "hordes", nothing in their army lends themselves to heavy artillery, nothing in their army gives bonuses to elite infantry.

some of their "characters" don't even have the CHARACTER keyword so they get raped by lascannons on T1.

No dataslate in their army is good, it's not even average. It's BAD.

And this is BEFORE powerc creep has been added to the game.

This is BEFORE armies get REAL codexes.

This is after realizing that they will probably NEVER GET A CODEX until the next edition.

You count as having moved and to summon, you need to have not moved.

Raw Renegade is Chaos, which offers you summoning, and other chaos features.

I heard summoning was shit now tho

No. Summoning says "Instead of moving". The rule for disembarking says the model may still move normally. Ergo, instead of moving normally, a disembarked model can still summon.

It will need to be clarified, but RAW, I'm completely right.

do they have the daemonic ritual special rule ?

also summoning is shot

>put units in a Valkyrie for no reason

1500p in deepstrike is nothing.

Have you been under a rock for the last week ?

Imperial guard, genestealers, tyranids even fucking greyknights.

They all can do it without failing summoning rolls and without your unnecessary idiotic Valkyrie

You don't need the Daemonic Ritual special rule to summon. Daemonic Ritual is the special rule that defines what can be summoned.

Summoning is fixed. It isn't the source of free units it was before, but it is a source of precision deep striking list tailoring units. Since most Daemon armies will struggle against shooting, I think summoning is a key part of any successful daemon strategy (since it gives you a better chance to avoid shooting). Summoning, and Heldrakes.

And disembarking counts as having moved.

You didn't move sure, same with heavy weapons. You still hit with -1 though. And you still can't summon.

No army in the game other than chaos daemons can deep strike 1500 points in a 2000 point list while guaranteeing 1st turn. And you literally can't fail summoning this edition unless you choose to, there are several units with power 2 or 3.

If the unit can move normally, then it can summon. Summoning just replaces the movement in the movement phase with summoning. For instance, if for some crazy reason, you had a Chaos Sister of Battle that used her act of faith to move, she would still be able to summon.

triple doubles of truth

>which offers you summoning, and other chaos features.

"WOW I CAN SUMMON ANGRON IN UR FACE xD"

Even if you count the Chaos ally matrix as another benefit of renegades("Chaos" uses rengades for tanks, not the other way around moron)); It's still weaker than vanilla, single detachement IG without ally support.

Maybe someone may have pictures of hierophant, hierodules, haridan and melanthrope stats?

What is /40kg/s opinion on the new chinork?
Is it worth the points to deepstrike Nobs?

Also, while we're at it, what's the best loadout for the Big trakk?
And why is moving 14 inches and being able to fire a basilisk cannon equivalent with no penalty so funny?

PDF of IA Xenos is in the mega.

many people have them, and you could have them too, if you but looked.

Rengades is without a doubt, the shittiest downtrotted faction of 8th edition.

The collective dicking that both Orks and CSM took last edition went straight into their renegade asses and now they won't walk straight for another 5 years or so.

Is there a name for you idiots yet ?

The guys that keep talking about wutang, conscripts and smite spam.

Take your shitty babby theory craft memes and leave Veeky Forums forever.

Yes we get it, you make shitty army lists and never play the game.

At least it's fluffy the most disheveled stranded rabble are dogshit

They can hang out in the cucked-shed with their Genestealer cult brothers

How'd they butcher renegades when DKoK are so good?

Looking to start with the hobby soon, are Tyranids looking good?

Not an argument.

Let's point out everything wrong with this guys Guard so he learns to get good or quit the hobby. I'll start.

The paint scheme is 210% ass and he should be ashamed of how bad they look.

The whirlwind launcher on the chimera works. Could use some more rivets to fit the guard aesthetic though.

Why on earth would you want to summon?

Too many tanks, not enough conscripts.

For 30pts they were amazing. Even if they died really fast.

Now they are just way too expensive to be objective grabbers.

Very.

>Every model has paint
>Cohesive color scheme
Looks fine for a tabletop army. Won't win any awards but it's better than all the grey legions out there and people with horribly mismatched colors, or only a couple painted models.

Post your army first.

That blob inbetween the tanks ARE Conscripts.

>implying enough conscripts exist
it is definitly tabletop standard, i rarely manage to play with 100% painted armies

Is that Red Guard Guy? I like his Manticore and im angry I didn't think of that conversation first. I remembering him mentioning stealing a Whirlwind turret off a buddy to run either that or a Deathstrike on one kit.

Akshually carnifexes are bare minimum 89pts after basic wargear

At least its painted...

tau are mid tier, deldar are high tier if not top. I think the three horde armies edge them out.

It'd be nice if he primed, washed, and highlighted, but it's tabletop-tier. That's all I ask for games.

>Supa-Skorcha
>Heavy4D3
>24" range

Eeeeeehhhhh?

DE are pretty great now, -1 to hit and 5++ everywhere, 4+ poison, Power from Pain everywhere.

Tau are, eh. Most efficient units are commanders and Drones which makes for some really weird lists.

I still think a Thunderfire cannon is worth it if you field one alongside some predators, whirlwinds, and other long-range mostly stationary vehicles. A techmarine is nice to have for the repair, and if you were going to take one anyway the Thunderfire cannon itself is only 58 points, almost half as much as a Whirlwind.

Basically you gotta find a way so that the Techmarine is not a tax.

the three horde armies ?
IG, Orks and who ?

Let's see your army, user

Imperial Knights

tyranids?

nids

What makes you think they're not primed or washed? That's not a bare plastic slap job by my eyes.

Tzeentch Brimstones Horrors

I swear. Genestealer rending claws look better n Tyranid Warriors than the monstrous ones.

fuck, how could i forget about them ?
Knight spam is a viable tactic now ? a friend of mine plans to play 3 knightblobs with one single knight in each one..... Why does he have to play another spam army ?

Are Orks any good? I feel the urge to have some fun with gluing tons of orkish bits

Why would you EVER take a Chaplain in this edition?

Exocrine or Tyrannofex?
Rest of my list is 60 termagaunts and 2 Tervigons.

Some agrax earth shade, highlighting and weathering would look tons better, but this a pkay for ttq. This scheme is infinitely better then a grey legion scheme too.

>Tyrannofex
Cause cool

Knight Spam is just below horde spam in effectiveness. It will have issues dealing with hordes, but do well against traditional armies.

exocrine, i'd also drop tervigons for more termagaunts

maybe for rerolling failed hits in combat but its pretty mediocre

Tyrannofex. Rupture cannon is love now.

don't be dicks guys

Has anyone tried the Death Guard spray as a primer and base colour?

Duncan says it works so I'm inclined to trust him but wondering what you guys have experienced.

Haha sounds fucking top notch cureently having this debate with my self. I dont have either and have fuck all coin atm but im go I ng to buying one and i cant decide on which

How do you Earthshade tanks? Just wash the entire model with it?

I repeat my points.
Also where the priest and commisar?

Because he allows melee troops to re-roll all misses rather than just 1's, which is usefull because not everybody can/wants to field a Chapter Master (which are only named characters at the moment)
And Spiritual Leader helps a little with Morale, basically +1 Ld for most units.

And a Crozius Arcanum has 2 damage.

For the points, exocrine is the better option

But the rupture cannon with weapons beast is actually fucking breddy gud man

It really is cool though.

Knights will only be able to capture objectives if they kill all but one models in range though.
Winning from Imperial Knights by playing the mission has become super easy this edition.

Use your goddamn eyes. Right in front of the Manticore.