Field Kit Inspection! Meteorite Landings Edition

Alright Gentlemen, listen up!

Today, shall be a glorious day for each and every one of you. For today, we shall be dropping from mid-orbit, via Tetrarch heavy landers. Where our valiant pilots shall fly us directly through enemy anti-aircraft fire, and onto the planet below, so that we might do battle with the enemies of the Emperor!

So, as we do today's Field kit inspection, I want each and everyone of you, to spend a moment reading through your standard issue, "Planetary Assault" booklets. Specifically, page 47, where It talks about, "Mid-Orbital drops, via Tetrarch Heavy Landers". This will bring you up to speed on what's about to happen in a few moments!

And don't worry! If your seat doesn't come equipped with seat belts, it's merely because the Emperor has faith in your ability to survive a crash landing!

>Welcome to '''Field Kit Inspection!', home of the 'Unknown Regiment". Feel free to join in! Remember though, We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, while greentexts for are used for describing a character's actions, d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll. With higher being better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wy-sVTaZRPk
discord.gg/x7PQS
1d4chan.org/wiki/Field_Kit_Inspection#Active_Duty
regimental-standard.com/2016/11/16/planetary-assault-downwards-to-victory/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Second company, Third platoon, is all buckled in, and ready to deploy, Sir!

And although the Emperor doesn't seem to trust our individual ability to survive a crash landing without seat belts, we're ready to give the enemy our all!

The only question is.... Who are we fighting against?

>The nervous looking private would be reloading his rifle and cleaning it.
So uh, dare I ask who we're fighting?

+unit reporting sir+

This shall be a chance for you lads, to face the full might of none other, than the foul forces of Chaos!

Information is currently lacking on what forces are down there specifically. The mechanicum research camp on the surface didn't exactly have enough time to tell us, before we lost complete and utter communications with them. But I'm sure it will be FINE!

After all, we have a half dozen regiments fighting alongside our own! Each with its own highly capable commanders, with levels of tactical genius just slightly below that of my own!

>walks in late with a gravchute and rebreather hooked to the gasmask, saluting the Commissar

I don't know WHY, you thought it was a good idea too arrive, mere MOMENTS, before we're to make our mid-orbital drop, wearing THAT! But I suggest you take your seat!

>the augmented human stands up and towers over the commissar by a good foot and a half

this mission is the retrieval of the mechanicums artefacts and the destruction of the foul forces, do you understand? I will fight with you but the prioritys are in that order.

with that out of the way the omnishia guides.

greetings guardsman, why do you have a grav chute?

Because I have full faith in our pilots, sir.
>she sits down and buckles in

>The young platoon commander, would flash the quartermaster a smile, before offering her an open seat next to him.

Yes, yes! I've been through the two minute briefing on my orders, Skittari! I know where my regiment is supposed to be deployed to!

We're supposed to assist you, in the recovery of some "Leg" or something...

*reporting for duty rawr*

It wouldn't be the first time we're blasted out of the sky...

Congratulations, Private! As corporal Hestibloom ended up dying due to an unfortunate" Bomb defusal" incident, during training with a misplaced real bomb. I am hereby promoting you to the rank of Corporal!

that is not of your concern of what you rescue, only that you do it. I will go to the cockpit now

>the skittari looks at the guardsman, then turns and grabs a small bag looking item as he heads for the pilots seat

*thank you lord-commissar rawr*
*this lander is incredibly cramped rawr*

If he makes us crash I'm hoping Hamounds dies.

*what did I ever do to you rawr*

>He'd make one last check of his equipment.

Let's just hope it doesn't end up coming to that...

I've already had enough 'excitement' this week.
>Matthias would let out a sigh, as he passes over a rank chevron, for Hamounds to add to his... "uniform"...

Lopped off a certain someone's arm...
>she glances at the commissar

if I crash, you will all die. I will be sure of it.
>his gothic slipping into cant slightly as it groans through the vox casters

take of in 3 moments 13 seconds

>farts and shits his pants

>The Middle aged Commissar would frown at at this, as he silently mumbles to himself, once the cockpit door had closed.

...damned automatons...

>falls out of a crate
oof, it was crowded in there
those catachan devil shoved me in there for trying to borrow their knives

at least i got my original nametag back

>dusts off twin volkite gun
time to melt some heretics is suppose, the quartermaster let me borrow a few toys

*that was my cousin, private hamounds rawr*
*i am corporal hamounds, previously known as P. Hamounds rawr*

Nice of you too finally join us, Private! Hurry up and take a seat! If you can't find one, you'd better grab a railing with all your might!
We should already be over the target zone!

>the ship begins to rumble and a cant emits from the vox casters along with a count down

entering landing location in 30 seconds. the omnishia guides

youtube.com/watch?v=wy-sVTaZRPk

I did no such thing. Did you break into my armory and rummage through the new acquisitions. I "rescued" that from the penal world

>straps himself into a seat
>tries to tie strap twin volkite into the seat next to him
bumpy ride, wouldnt want to jam your circuits would you

*stop complaining sergeant, I out rank you rawr*
*and if you disagree it's like, 9 hours of paperwork to find out if you are right rawr*

Rolled 72 (1d100)

>the lander is about to land amidst the the anti aircraft guns

[roll to land]

>draws the melta pistol
or 9 seconds of a solid trigger pull.

Rolled 46 (1d100)

*roll to inconspicuously throw out a parachute*

(oh, before I forget! Here's a link to the the group's discord channel! Feel free to join it, if you want to stay in touch with everyone else from FKI!)
discord.gg/x7PQS
(We also have have a 1d4chan page, incase people you guys are wondering 1d4chan.org/wiki/Field_Kit_Inspection#Active_Duty )

not you, a different QM
he died of 3rd degree burns after he went into the kitchen by himself

*that is a las pistol with the words "meltah" written on it rawr*

>skirting around the fire zones and only taking a shallow scrape along the side, the machine spirtit releases a volley of fire at the heretics and hereteks. the vox activates

leap now, and purge in the name of the omnishia

*WHO WENT INTO MY KITCHEN? RAWR!*

>Thick forests would cover almost the entirety of the planet. With a handful of mountains and hills to the north.
>Heavy anti-aircraft fire explodes around the landers belonging to the unknown regiment.

There is no other... I made sure of it. But keep it, I'll just need something in return.

Actually it's Mur's pistol but the confusion is there.

>she quickly gets up and heads to the drop ramp

>the skittari moves to the end of the shuttle and opens the ramp

FOR THE OMNISHIA FORWARD

>the ramp drops down and the skittari moves forward, looking for targets with his melta

I don't think you know what a Tetrarch heavy landers is... It's pretty nuch a flying brick. regimental-standard.com/2016/11/16/planetary-assault-downwards-to-victory/

>readies his volkite
time to rise and shine
first to jump first to loot, i mean fight

>runs straight to the ramp firing heat beams in every direction

>waits for the fire magnets... I mean allies to advance before she follows them, "plasma gun" leveled to fire green beams of energy at her foes

Rolled 12 (1d100)

*as your possible superior I must ask you to stop using non regulation weaponry rawr*
*heresy rawr*

Rolled 25 (1d100)

>tries to get a good luck at the enemy
looks like they got an assortment chainswords, axes, lasweapons, boltguns, and a giant green scythe

>tries to blast the closest enemies to ash to scare the rest

dont you worry none, anything that kills your target is regulation

>the skittari swivles and looks at the strange mutant of a being

TECH HERESY? WHERE?

>slides away from the Sktittari

*that plasma gun is blatantly a necron blaster rawr*

Rolled 19 (1d20)

>several green festering former guardsmen appear from the tree coverage

KILL THEM,

FIND ME THE CUR WHO DARES WEILD XENO TECH

*my underling, rais greymane rawr*

> with a superhuman aim, the melta lets off a discharge frying all but one of the traitor guard to a crisp, the other set ablaze

Rolled 36 (1d100)

i see em, they're gone

>throws a large cylinder, too big to hold in one hand, and throws it like a discus at the tree-line

heavy ordnance coming through!
lets see you meet your makers

Rolled 53 (1d100)

[roll to see if I can detect heresy, from eiher of you]

*i am not heretical at all rawr*

>the bomb flies way off course and with a loud bang and the sound of screaming, several trees, a large part of the ground, and several cultists engaging different targets all disappear, leaving a huge hemispherical hole in the ground

curse my bad throwing arm, that was my only warp grenade

>grabbing the corporals weapon, I twist it about

this is not up to regulation, THE SPIRIT WILL BE DISPLEASED
it will need to be reconsicrated afterwards

>I grab greymanes wepon

this spirit is restless and is very violent, it will have to be taken from you after the mission

[if he survives]

Rolled 2, 20, 20 = 42 (3d20)

>The heretical infantry man would be turned to nothingness by the shot. Sadly for the lone Skittari, however. He would not have been alone...
>From out of the shadow of the trees, would come a squad of Chaos space marines. Their armour and weapons painted silver and bronze. The lens of their spike covered helmets, a deep shade of blue.

"MORE WORSHIPPERS OF THE CORPSE EMPEROR! KILL THEM NOW!

>The squad would begin firing upon them.
>First roll would be bolters fire directed towards the Skittari..
>The second roll towards Trooper Ironwall.
>The third would be towards Greymane.

Rolled 2 (1d6)

>as she wrestles with the Skittari for her weapon she takes several rounds to the chest

Rolled 12 (1d20)

HERETEKS DIE FORTHE OMNISIA

>the skitari takes aim and fires as he rus to his wounded charges

Rolled 3 (1d6)

>his carapace armor takes a big dent
im hit!

>he falls backwards, volkite beams firing into the sky as he does

Rolled 5 (1d6)

>A field would flicker and crack under the first two, the rest sending her onto her back, blood seeping from the cracked armor,

>the heavy weapons battle sister marches onwards looking out for heretics and the likes
>chanting the hymns of protection and accuracy as she marches with her heavy flamer at her shoulder ready to incinerate dumb motherfu- heretics for the EMPRAH

Rolled 11 (1d20)

>Having seen Rias take several bolter shots directly to the chest. Matthias would shout out
RIAS! NOOOOOOOOO~!

>He'd quickly run towards her, laying down a barrage of shots, from his hot-shot lasguns. Targetting the nearest marine, as he begins to try and pull Greer to safety.

Rolled 1 (1d6)

>the bolter hole is leaking red fluid
>his twin volkite falls to the ground next to him, now silent

dude. That's not a "dent". Those things are known to blow your head clean off with one shot! Even carapace armour won't hold you together!

Albeit, you can decide to be maimed, or killed. But be realistic here.

Rolled 5 (1d10)

>grabbing dak, I retreat dragging him along the round trying to cover the first lutenent with my sturdier body.

HURRY BOY

don't die yet you weak fleshies

[for speed]

Rolled 10, 2, 12, 20, 8, 7 = 59 (6d20)

Imperial Knight of the Imperium, online
Tracking, warriors of chaos in the midst. Classification, Heretics
Method, extermination of all those who oppose the Emperor
Battle stance, ready
>I'd begin spurring my gatling cannon towards the warriors of chaos
>I'd fire off a volley of shots at the warriors of chaos!

If you don't want me to play as a knight I will stop

Rolled 6, 17 = 23 (2d20)

>at a running pace I get Dak to the ship then run pell mel at the warriors to distract them fireing all the while

[1st for bull rushing, second for actualy shooting while I'm getting there]

>"I should shoot the skittari... maybe later"
>she drops several smoke grenades as she groans in pain, rolling to her side, the smoke whisping around her and the guardsmen

I was going to play one if I die. Go on my giant metal friend. blast them to bits

GET THE WOUNDED TO THE TRANSPORT NOW. NOW YOU MUTATED FILTH NOW

>I continue my barrage

Sir! let me go... I need to set up our mortar!
>he thrashes about lightly

Rolled 4, 7, 20, 8 = 39 (4d20)

>Anti-aircraft guns would begin tor track the decent of the knight. Firing scores of armour piercing rounds at it, in an effort to force it off course, or destroy it.
>First roll.
>The marines, already noticing considerable enemy casualties, would continue to fire at, and push their advantage upon the now retreating guardsmen.
>Second roll would go toward the Skittari.
>The third would go toward matthais.
>The forth would go towards the retributor.
FOR THR DARK GODS!

*good job, noble skitarii warrior rawr*
*know that I am entirely in favour of fondling toasters*
*also you should only aim for rias*

Rolled 14, 3, 6 = 23 (3d20)

>One good shot would pierce my upper carapace, sending me back and falling to one knee
>I'd send the aim of my thermal cannon towards the anti-aircraft guns
For... the ... Emperor

Rolled 9 (1d20)

i think that bolt got at least 2 or 3 of my organs, if i dont make it, tell the cogboys im sorry i stole all of their guns

>tries to stem the gushing red from his shattered carapace
oh man, this is almost as bad as the time i tried to eat hormogaunt meat

Rolled 20 (1d20)

GET HER AND HER WOULD BE RESCUER TO THE SHIP

AND STOP MOLESTING MACHINES

>swinging my melta an a tight arc I pummel at the firs marine in range as I leap over on of tier vollys

The platoon commander would curse his luck, as he sees the bolter rounds coming at him in slow motion. His very life flashing before his eyes.
>The first of the rounds would pepper harmlessly against his refractor field.
>However, the strain would be too much for it, and it would shut down. Causing him to take a round to the side, and his arm as they rip through his flak armour. Blood spewing every where from his wounds as he hits the ground. Unconscious.

OH SHIT I didn't real that properly, so I'm okay then? Nice!

>Rias has disappeared in the massive cloud of various smoke grenades, obscuring her allies

Rolled 6, 7, 15, 1, 19, 1, 8, 20, 14 = 91 (9d20)

Disregard my first roll
The Emperor protects!
>I'd fire off a volley of thermal cannon shots towards the aircraft guns
>I'd also fire my gatling cannon towards the warriors of chaos approaching
>first 6 rolls are for the gatling cannon
>last nine rolls are for the thermal cannon

just stop doing out of character spoilers and autisticly role play instead, like the rest of us.

my final save for toughness, if this fails i am done for
coughs up blood, you're pretty good for a cogboy, but its time for me to meet emperor

Rolled 2 (1d100)

PSYCHIC SCREAM

Rolled 3, 20, 20, 3 = 46 (4d20)

>Several of the warriors would go down from the melta shots. Their armour leaking blood, and smoking.
Sadly, nothing would even hit the marines. Their speed to great for the creature to keep up.
>Several of the local AA guns, would be turned to rubble and debris, along with the various trees around them.
>Due to his near lethal wounds. All of his shots would miss their mark. Hitting surrounding trees next to the enemy.

>The enemy would begin fighting back at this point. Their bolters fireing out deadly rounds towards the fully retreating guardsmen forces.

>The first few shots, are aimed towards Ironwall. Fist roll
>The AA that are left would fire upon the knight, in an attempt to bring it down. Second roll.
>More shots are aimed for the Skittari. Third roll.
>And more shots are sent towards the sister.

Rolled 2 (1d6)

i am lamenting my final moments, cant i at least get some peace and quiet for my last breath?

Rolled 14 (1d20)

looking at the gloruis knight, I clasp a hand over my heart in salute before returning to my slaughter with one marine already dead without a head

ONWARDS SIR KNIGHT, ONWARDS

[I saw you go down though]

[hes in the ship, safe]

>the skttari is blasted back by the horrible bolter, making most of my systems fail

the dark god "Criticus" stands with me this day!

He'd like malal. Not canon, yet we still worship him!

Rolled 15 (1d100)

*alright, let me sing a fine tyrannical tune*
*there once was a rawr who wanted to be a gaunt, and he rawrd and he rawrd till he cried,
But as fate wound play out there were gaunts to be made so he rawrd because he triiiiiiieeedd. Rawr*

Rolled 3 (1d100)

>My ion shield would break and my upper carapace would now explode
>I'd be send crashing into the warriors of chaos
>Titanic explosion
>rolling to see how big the explosion is

Rolled 14, 5, 10, 6, 3, 4, 7, 4 = 53 (8d20)

>mass heavy bolter and gattling fire would pour out from the deep forest into the chaos marine ranks

Rolled 4, 13, 12 = 29 (3d20)

>I'd send the aim of my plasma gun towards the warriors
>I'd let off a volley of shots towards them as they approached

you DARE invoke the cannon dice gods name when another of their champions is in place

>struggling to his feet the skittari leaps at a warrior with his hands, enraged at the harm to his meat shields

DIE DIE DIE

Rolled 12, 11, 18, 12, 8, 6, 4, 19 = 90 (8d20)

>due to improper optics, misaligned guns and restless machine spirits the majority of the rounds miss their intended targets
>again they let loose with another volly, hoping to hit

Rolled 92 (1d100)

*enough of this madness rawr! Stop in the name of the primarch alpharius rawr!*

Rolled 11 (1d20)

REPENT FOR YOUR CINS YOU FOULS LOPES

Rolled 16, 17, 18, 20 = 71 (4d20)

>Thankfully the knight wouldn't explode. A fine addition to the warband's armoury!
>Most of the shots would miss, do in part to the (thankfully) unexploded, and downed knight blocking the shots.
>If anything, the Tyranids shitty Singing, would only push the remaining half squad of chaos marines, to fight harder.

>The first roll would be to return fire upon the heavy bolters firing against them.
The second and third rolls would be against Corporal Hamounds.
> The final roll would be against pulling out the pilot of the knight, so that they could capture the damaged machine, and slaughter him in the name of the dark god, Criticus.

>slaps the corporal
im not dead, just dying

>inspects the wound
i can see my liver though, so that isnt gonna last long

>injects himself with a worryingly large quantity of stimulants, explaining how he has remained conscious for so long
oh man, dont know whats worse, the fact that i can see my own organs, or the fact that i gotta stay in the dropship instead of getting my revenge

i hope the commissar doesnt blast me for cowardice, that would be irony
>finally falls unconcious from the bloodloss