MTG LEGACY GENERAL

T1 Kill Edition

If you have the turn 1, do you go for it every time? What if you know they play blue? What if it's game 3 and you know they play blue?

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?29732-Legacy-Judge-Destroyer-1-0
youtu.be/4ls_wDJhklU?t=14m55s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>If you have the turn 1, do you go for it every time? What if you know they play blue? What if it's game 3 and you know they play blue?

With belcher you go for it, and that game 3 that's risky, you hope you end up with a gitaxian probe to see how safe it is, or you go for the storm kill.

Well with Belcher you definitely jam it. But what about other decks that can t1 but also have a bit more play to them, like ANT . Think about a sample hand:
[USea, fetchland, ponder, ritual, ritual, infernal, LED]
Do you jam a t1 ad nauseam, or do you ponder and look for discard and/or a t2 pif kill?

Why not just play r/b thou

Well with ANT, I have found that, depending on which build you are running, an ad nauseam with no mana floating/no land drop to make isn't even that consistent. You may win the majority of the time, but not consistently enough that I would go for it with no backup. With your example, I would definitely ponder turn one looking for disruption. The primary way you get punished is if your opponent is on a chalice deck and they chalice for 1 turn 1, but those are far less common than force of will decks.

I personally don't think ad naus deserves a main board slot in ANT because it fails too often. Most hands that could t1 ad naus could also make a bunch of goblins with a maindeck empty and that will get you there most of the time

On the play, yes. They only have roughly 40% of having both FoW + Blue cards.

for sure. no sense playing a turn 1 deck if i'm not gonna go for it. game three i might be more cautious but there have been times when my opponent kept no free interaction and i got punished for letting them have land drops and draw steps

What is >>>THE

>spiciest deck in Legacy
Maybe Judge Destroyer.
mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?29732-Legacy-Judge-Destroyer-1-0

Nourishing Lich.

Has been and always will be manaless dredge or anything hatch has shat out.

manaless dredge is high on the cheese factor but it definitely is not fun to play, you make literally no decisions. Just pray your deck is stacked well and don't forget the triggers.

I'm partial to Four Horsemen, because you can't shortcut it and have to play out the entire combo every time and your opponent has to either surrender or sit there and watch you jack off.
I'm also partial to calling judges when someone tries to shortcut the combo.

Seconding this. Nourishing Lich is the stinkiest kind of cheese.

If you're not aware, these decks will get you game losses from slow play

>that feeling when you really want to make a Nic Fit shitbrew that will curve Honden of Infinite Rage into Honden of Night's Reach, into Honden of Life's Web but all the enchantment tutors and support are in white.

Just play 5 colors you fucking pussy

just play singleton basics of the off-colors since you have Vet to tutor them. You should probably be junk to get that Academy Rector Pod/Therapy action anyways.

Is burn really the only "budget" legacy deck? Thinking about getting into the format.

There's no deck that has the same ratio of playability and cost that Burn has.

Belcher is like $700. And Turbo Depths is about $1000.

Silly me, I didn't count Manaless Dredge, which is about the same price as Burn.

Seems more fun than burn. I'll look into it.

Personally think ledless dredge is more fun than manaless. Don't know if manaless is optimally better deck, but ledless at least fights through hate better.

Manaless is the worst dredge variant.

eternal weekend signups are up. anyone going?

Which of you cheeky cunts was that? youtu.be/4ls_wDJhklU?t=14m55s
I want /pol/ to stay out of this game.

just sold off my standard/modern MTGO collection to build legacy. did I do the right thing?

Of course, legacy is by far the most fun constructed format

How do I get around not running duals? Can I just run shocks instead, until I save enough loot? I saw a half decent UB reanimator list, and I'd just need to buy a few grislebrand, exhume, animate dead and ponders, but a bunch of underground seas are pretty much impossible to afford at this moment in time.

Buy Chinamen fakes

Reposting what I said last thread.
SI with Glimpse+Paradoxical Outcome, and possibly Deathrites. Just a though. Anyone want to help build a list?

BR reanimator is generally considered better, and the lands for it are a lot cheaper.

I'd help. Here's a positively antediluvian Glimpse SI list
GSI
4 Land Grant
2 Bayou

4 Lotus Petal
4 Chrome Mox
4 Lion's Eye Diamond
4 Dark Ritual
4 Cabal Ritual
4 Culling the Weak

4 Shield Sphere
4 Phyrexian Walker
2 Ornithopter

4 Infernal tutor
4 Cruel Bargain
4 Infernal Contract
2 Glimpse of Nature
2 Ill-Gotten Gains

3 Tendrils of Agony
1 Goblin Charbelcher

I assume you'd want to turn one of those bayous into a Trop. Then you'd probably want to drop the IGGs and try to squeeze in some POs and another glimpse. Might be worth cutting a draw 4 and a culling ig your reliancce on black is reduced. plus culling has a bit of negative synergy with PO.

I cut IGG and infernal tutors from my list because of all the draw, although cutting the draw 4's might be better since glimpse and paradox give so much extra. I had more lands b/c I included 3 deathrites.
Working on list, kinda busy multitasking 5 things rn

There's a lot of tension in the deck between playing enough business spells and enough cheerios. I almost think you want to lean more in a cheerios direction to make this work. Also, if you're playing blue, LEDs and Infernal Tutor, I think 1 Slithermuse is a must.